Newbie 799 - Katana Village (Game Over!)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
tubby216
tubby216
Mafia Scum
tubby216
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:59 am

Post by tubby216 »

sorry i failed i just did not have the energy nor the will to put up a good defence slash convincing argument
"I swear tubby is scum in every game I've read, even some of the ones he wasn't in. "~Vi
"Whether you love him or hate him, Tubby is an excellent scumhunter."~BM
[b]need 0 replacements for open189 pm me[/b]
Belili
Belili
Townie
Belili
Townie
Townie

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:50 am

Post by Belili »

Good game though... I really hate the fact that I had to decide the winner. Once that was the case, the town was doomed.
Tenchi
Tenchi
Mafia Scum
Tenchi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:39 am

Post by Tenchi »

And the game finally ends... One of them, dragged by the two others to the noose, hopefully avenging the people they loved and worked with for so many years... After days of disaster, drama and deception, Katana Village now breathes its final sigh as its final residents look forward to its rebirth.

VOTE COUNT

(2) tubby216 - pikapizza, Belili

(1) pikapizza - tubby216

With 3 alive, it takes 2 to lynch
Deadline: August 14, 2009 9:01 PM PST
Yes. That same Tenchi. :D

Reicheru and Tenchi begin to bond more, sending love letters to each other.
Tenchi
Tenchi
Mafia Scum
Tenchi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:17 pm

Post by Tenchi »

Two of them rejoice in their victory:

tubby216
(replaced wickedswami in Day One)
(Townie)
was
lynched
Day Four

pikapizza
and
Truant
(
Mafia and Mafia Roleblocker
) win with an equal number over the remaining townies!

Belili
(Townie)
was
stabbed
at endgame
Last edited by Tenchi on Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tenchi
Tenchi
Mafia Scum
Tenchi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:18 pm

Post by Tenchi »

Some guesses:
Truant wrote:I want to guess that edmund investigated Tubby N3 if he even bothered to send in an investigation. Guessing that he investigated Tubby both nights, actually.

Here was the thought I was gonna post in the QT:
I'm gonna guess that edmund investigated belili on N1. Obviously RB'd N2 (not sure/don't care atm), and probably investigated Tubby N3 (coulda been Pika). Probably investigated Tubby N2 as well. Anyways, looking forward to how it's going to turn out.

Tenchi
Tenchi
Mafia Scum
Tenchi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:20 pm

Post by Tenchi »

Scum Quicktopic will be revealed tomorrow
. Last chance to delete those nasty posts! (I doubt there are any though).

Night One

edmund.angles investigates Mevorra: INNOCENT
GreenDude protects Pikapizza: FAIL
pinkapizza stabs GreenDude: SUCCESS
James.Denholm blocks NOBODY

Night Two

Truant blocks edmund.angles
edmund.angles investigates tubby216: BLOCKED
Truant stabs Nureins: SUCCESS

Night Three

pikapizza stabs edmund.angles: SUCCESS
edmund.angles investigates Belili

Tenchi
Tenchi
Mafia Scum
Tenchi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:26 pm

Post by Tenchi »

Also, special post for
Incognito
and
Vel-Rahn Koon
for putting up with me. :D If you guys are thinking of modding, I think that these two people are good people to approach to give you general tips and guidance.
Last edited by Tenchi on Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pikapizza
pikapizza
Townie
pikapizza
Townie
Townie

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:27 pm

Post by pikapizza »

gg everyone, thanks for game !
GreenDude
GreenDude
Goon
GreenDude
Goon
Goon

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:59 pm

Post by GreenDude »

I can't believe you guys!! I knew pikapizza was scum the 2nd day. Didn't you put 2 and 2 together??? Pikapizza was forcing out of me about my little plan and then wickedswami suggests I'm hiding something. And then wham! turns out I was the doctor. Sheesh!!!! And a second thing. I said pikapizza was very valuable which was trying to get the mafia to kill him whom I would try to protect. I'm proud of tubby though of figuring it out. Wow!! So easy yet so hard. I knew I was going to die. Pikapizza did a good job. On the quick topic it'll be there :D
Violence is not the answer. It is a question, and my answer is yes!
pikapizza
pikapizza
Townie
pikapizza
Townie
Townie

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:19 pm

Post by pikapizza »

in the future, Greendude, i think it's a good idea to refrain from dropping hints about your role. scum pick them up easily, and town interpret them as scumtells.
Truant
Truant
Goon
Truant
Goon
Goon

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:18 pm

Post by Truant »

Yeah, green in my catch up read I def. thought you were a PR just going through and it was easy to see why scum got you NK'd. When the QT is revealed, I basically told pika to bus me pretty hardcore D3 cause what I did was overtly scummy and I thought he did a well enough job up to that point to fool who was going to be left in the endgame (belili/tubby, one or the other) so I'd sacrifice myself to get the overall win especially with belili saying he thought pika was one of the most pro-town.

D3 the reason I put a guilty on edmund was to confirm to pika that he's still my vote for the cop that we knew was left. I'm not sure if pika saw it that way or not but that was my reasoning there. I did end up figuring out that it was edmund as the cop to RB N3 just due to weirdness regarding his stance on players. Pika got N1 right and I got N2 right to guess who he was going to investigate.

To Tenchi: Two things that I saw that was either unorthodox or just kinda stupid in my eyes. Not telling the non-roleblocker that their partner is a roleblocker. Have two different types of role pm for the scum depending on the setup. There shouldn't be confusion or panic (as you'll see in the QT) about what your mafia partner is. Informed minority should be fully informed about each other. One other thing that I saw, which was more weird than anything, is that after I was lynched it just said mafia scum. Didn't role-reveal right away which I didn't think should happen either in a newbie game. Limited reveal is fine (though less liked than full reveal and no-reveal is just rediculous) in a theme or mini game, but in a newbie we should all know what was killed at the time. It'd help everybody to know that a roleblocker was lynched so that they can have time to look for a cop if they don't die that night or whatever. However, I'm still a huge fan of just editing in votecounts at the top of each page, so I'd recommend that for another change if you want to do so.

Otherwise, GG, and Pika, I knew you could pull it off, I'm just glad my small part helped out for our victory.
RAWR!
edmund.angles
edmund.angles
Goon
edmund.angles
Goon
Goon

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:07 pm

Post by edmund.angles »

Damnit! but gg everyone, you all made my first game a great experience.

I certainly didn't envy Belili's decision in the end, that was a tough one.
It was mistake to call Truant out first thing day 2. Doing something like that looks like a cop who just investigated someone an found them guilty if you're right. That wasn't what had happened but how should scum know that.

Hope to play with you guys again sometime.
pikapizza
pikapizza
Townie
pikapizza
Townie
Townie

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:26 pm

Post by pikapizza »

actually, it was the way you suddenly backpedaled on Mevorra that made me suspect you had an innocent on him. also, you first called out tubby216, then you you changed your mind and decided on Truant -- i didn't think there was a big problem there. wp though, edmund.angles.
tubby216
tubby216
Mafia Scum
tubby216
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:03 am

Post by tubby216 »

truant that cop claim was awesome i was lost for awhile on that. Belili agian i appologize for not convincing you i was town. Pika good job on bringin up my old games well played good luck to everyone in their future games
"I swear tubby is scum in every game I've read, even some of the ones he wasn't in. "~Vi
"Whether you love him or hate him, Tubby is an excellent scumhunter."~BM
[b]need 0 replacements for open189 pm me[/b]
Truant
Truant
Goon
Truant
Goon
Goon

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Sat Aug 15, 2009 3:04 am

Post by Truant »

Well, we knew you didn't have a guilty as we roleblocked you that night edmund...

http://www.quicktopic.com/43/H/Yn4Q2Yhxhbx is the quicktopic, pika is fine with it, and I don't need to edit anything. I'll watch this for a bit, probably won't get into another game though for a while, life is way too hectic. I wish I was able to actually be around for a while when I claimed cop, that might've helped me out, but probably not. Doesn't particularly matter as we won regardless...

Pika, you did do really well to appear townie though, it was because of that that I could be scummy and sacrifice myself to get the game moving along too fast for people to really analyze it that much.

One thing though, with your mega post on the last day, that looked like so much fencesitting it was unreal. Maybe it's just me with bad endgame play, but I would think that you'd take more of a stance against somebody, even without much ties to anybody like my predecessor and I both had.
RAWR!
pikapizza
pikapizza
Townie
pikapizza
Townie
Townie

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:02 am

Post by pikapizza »

i don't think fencesitting is necessarily a scumtell, especially endgame, when townies do have a tendency to think things over more carefully. what i was really trying to avoid was going "me too!" since Belili already thought tubby216 was scummy. i was worried it would seem too "easy".
Belili
Belili
Townie
Belili
Townie
Townie

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:01 am

Post by Belili »

You did very well pika. GG

This was my first REAL taste of mafia... I've played before on other sites but it was more random and less serious.

Thanks for the experience - it was very fun.
GreenDude
GreenDude
Goon
GreenDude
Goon
Goon

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Sat Aug 15, 2009 3:49 pm

Post by GreenDude »

It was a pretty fun game for me. As I said earlier, townies can lie to hide their power role. I should've made something up about what I was saying just for the mafia to be happy, but I knew everything that was going to happen after I left. I should've left everyone with my thoughts! That would have gotten pikapizza right away ha!! I could've told everyone that the scum found out who I was and that they were going to kill me and that pikapizza was scum. I knew edmund.angles was gonna get killed when he did so if I had been alive I could have saved him. I knew because truant claimed him guilty therefore if truant isn't cop then edmund is innocent so the other townie can go he's innocent I'm innocent therefore I know who's the scum! I should try a strategy like this is another game if I'm not playing you :D.

2 scum. 1 scum is gonna be sacrificed. Claims cop and says other scum is guilty. But townies won't believe him because he's hammered someone for example. And so on the last day with 3 people. The scum left can say. Scum said I was claimed cop and he wouldn't claim on a scum so therefore I am innocent. And the other townie believes him and votes on player, and the scum can hammer the other guy!!
Tenchi
Tenchi
Mafia Scum
Tenchi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:04 pm

Post by Tenchi »

Truant wrote: http://www.quicktopic.com/43/H/Yn4Q2Yhxhbx is the quicktopic, pika is fine with it, and I don't need to edit anything.
Thank you but please do not preempt the mod in the things they are supposed to do.

I would actually think that Truant would claim guilty on pikapizza. Now, that would have been fun and interesting. :-p

Belili
Belili
Townie
Belili
Townie
Townie

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:54 pm

Post by Belili »

Oh almost forgot...

Thanks Tenchi - great modding! :)
Tenchi
Tenchi
Mafia Scum
Tenchi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:55 pm

Post by Tenchi »

You are welcome. :) I appreciate hosting for all of you.

pikapizza
pikapizza
Townie
pikapizza
Townie
Townie

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:13 pm

Post by pikapizza »

goodness, where are my manners ??
thank you Tenchi for modding a great game !!! i had a lot of a fun and it was a great (yet slightly nerve-wracking) experience.

come to think about it, Truant is probably right saying that i was fencesitting a bit too hardcore. i should have taken a soft stance on tubby216 to make it seem more realistic. even a townie would have a gut feeling at that point in the game...

i was really lucky that things turned out exactly the way they did, and i wouldn't have won otherwise. if the mod/IC has any constructive criticism for any of us for us to improve our game, i'm sure that would be very helpful !
Truant
Truant
Goon
Truant
Goon
Goon

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:39 pm

Post by Truant »

GD, if you had still been alive at that point, I never would've done the things I did. You can certainly try to do something like that in the future.

I thought about just playing it straight up and not hammering mev/BEK; but that would allow much more time for the two of us to possibly form a connection which would be bad in an end game scenario. With the way I did it, it ended D2, got into lylo, got rid of the IC, allowed me to control D3 discussion, not really form connections and at best make it a 1/3 chance of hitting scum D4, while in all actuality it's much lower considering that both townies need to hit scum while the scum only needs to wait for 1 mistake like that from a townie.
RAWR!
GreenDude
GreenDude
Goon
GreenDude
Goon
Goon

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:11 pm

Post by GreenDude »

The funny thing is that since pikapizza came I didn't like him. I had a feeling he was scum too. The way he took control and pointed fingers at everyone and kept asking things made me dislike him unlike nureins whom I knew was the IC and was very smart but I knew he could also be scum but had a nicer tone of text lol. So I knew he was going to get killed.

I know truant wouldn't have done the things he did if I hadn't been killed if I hadn't slipped my PR, but I would have still known pikapizza to be scum. AND I had unflawed logic if I roleclaimed. So I could have sacrificed myself to lynch pikapizza. But I had no idea truant was scum. Then when he quick hammered I figured out he was being sacrificed because pikapizza was scum and ppl thought him pro-town. And in the end it paid off. Belili sub-consciously didn't want to vote pikapizza.

Oh well, next time I'll do better.
Truant
Truant
Goon
Truant
Goon
Goon

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:23 am

Post by Truant »

Yeah, that's just my point. I knew we didn't have to worry about a doc, we knew the setup due to having a roleblocker and a goon on scum-side, so we just had to get the cop cleared and from everybody else we just had to have one person think the other townies was scummier than pika.

Otherwise, I would've played much more patiently, probably gotten BEK lynched anyways as all they could've claimed would've either outed edmund (if they claimed cop) or not stopped his lynch as it wasn't lylo and he was only Vanilla. That's what I would've done if we didn't have a PR killed, and probably would've won anyways as I'm pretty good at looking town no matter my role. Overall, there's only 1 lynch of me that I'm scum when I wasn't bussed/investigated, and that is this game which I did do something scummy enough to be lynched because of that. I'm fairly confident in my scum game, let's just say that.
RAWR!

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”