Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:23 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Site keeps crashing today. Will make this post short so I don't lose a big post.

Right now, I'm pretty happy with my shanba vote. She's lurking, and her one post seems unhelpful to me.

If I were to join one of the big wagons, it would probably be the Xyl one, but I'm in no rush at the moment.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:29 am

Post by mith »

Vote Count:
11 to lynch.

BridgesAndBaloons: 6 (charter, ekiM, inHimshallibe, roflcopter, SerialClergyman, Thesp)
elvis_knits: 5 (BridgesAndBaloons, Claus, Herodotus, Kmd4390, zu_Faul)
ekiM: 3 (populartajo, VP Baltar, Xylthixlm)
alexhans: 1 (iamausername)
Claus: 1 (alexhans)
Kmd4390: 1 (elvis_knits)
Shabba: 1 (Yosarian2)
Yosarian2: 1 (Shabba)

Not Voting: 1 (Ojanen)

Admin Note:
Site problems are hopefully resolved for the moment. But make sure to keep a backup copy of long posts, just in case.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:30 am

Post by charter »

inHimshallibe wrote:
charter wrote:Shabba/inHimshallibe, why do you, less than a half hour after Xyl calls out people for lurking (including both of you), pop up to make empty posts?
inHim wrote:charter is doing some heavy lifting.
What does this mean?
To note, Xyl did not list me. Thesp is noted for agreeing with all this post. But, the fact does remain that I've not posted a ton.

Late p.m. CST is a very usual time for me to check in.

And I didn't think that post was empty. : /

I don't believe elvis is being anything but a little zealous. Not out of the norm for her, it's null.
Sorry, I don't know why I thought your name was in Xyl's post. What does "charter is doing some heavy lifting" mean?
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:37 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

It just means that I liked the "weight" you were carrying in the game thus far. Translate to hard work, and hard work, to me, is generally a towntell. Sorry for confusion.
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

Mod of the continuing World of Warcraft Dungeon Run series
:

Mini 1135 - Mafia in the Deadmines
Mini 1208 - Mafia in the Scarlet Monastery
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:47 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

populartajo wrote: kmd, what made you think there were only 16 players?
No clue. Can I blame lack of sleep?
elvis_knits wrote: KMD, if you are saying your statement of "4 scum plus a traitor" was your assumption, why did you assume that?
Well, 4 or 5 made the most sense for balance. I figure a traitor being the 5th is reasonable, so that was my guess.
elvis_knits wrote: And I want reasons for your scum list. Saying it's your gut is not good enough.
Ok, just know that it's weak as hell.

You- Started out with the "last to confirm" tell. I usually see that as an excuse to look like you are scumhunting. After you throw those names out, you joke around a little without voting for a few posts. Not even a vote on those last players to confirm that you pointed out. Then you have a random vote with no reason, just to replace it with a joke reason next post. This is where I vote you and you go all OMGUS "SCUM SLIP YOU SAID WE HAVE 4 SCUM. HOW DO YOU KNOW THAT" on me.

Bridges- The bandwagon Xyl vote looked pretty mindless and it was the only thing he'd mentioned until I voted EK. Then he switched, apparently because I made him rethink his stance. But he told me on AIM a while back that I'm not a good mafia player (yes, this assumes that Bridges is Shea. I believe his is.), so why would he be rethinking stances on players based on what I say like that? He's buddying to me thinking he can make me feel he is town. So, just like EK, it's something small at first, but I don't like the reaction.

Xyl-Too passive to start. He was posting one-liners that didn't really say much.

ekiM-Here are his posts. 1, confirm. 2, some shit about tree stumps. 3, says he doesn't have any scumbuddies and random votes. 4, lurker callout. Wagers that there is a scum on the list. Wagons Xyl, who is not on the list. So basically, I don't like that he hadn't added anything when he called out lurkers or that he gave a list that he thought included scum and voted off the list without giving a better reason.

So EK, BaB, and ekiM are buddies. Xyl is a traitor. I just need to find one more. I think it's inHim.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:49 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

:nod:
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

:

inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:50 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

inHimshallibe wrote::nod:
BTW, conferring that you think it's me.

Which am I buddying up to the most? Or am I treasonous?
Show

:

BridgesAndBaloons
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
Shea it ain't so!

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:17 am

Post by BridgesAndBaloons »

I am not Shea
Signature:
[size=84]This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit[/size]
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:19 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Kmd4390 wrote: You- Started out with the "last to confirm" tell. I usually see that as an excuse to look like you are scumhunting.
I said that in confirmations. It was a joke. I didn't act on it. Why was I supposed to be scum hunting in confirmations?
kmd wrote: After you throw those names out, you joke around a little without voting for a few posts. Not even a vote on those last players to confirm that you pointed out. Then you have a random vote with no reason, just to replace it with a joke reason next post.
My first post of the game was a vote on inhim. What is your problem with that? The posts before my vote on inhim were during confirmations.

As I have explained my vote on Xyl was not a joke vote... although I did make a joke. So you can see it that way if you want, I guess. But that's not what it was.

ALSO, PRETTY SURE BABA IS NOT SHEA! DGB is hydraing with BAB in another game... and they are like fire and TNT... don't think they would hydra together.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
zu_Faul
zu_Faul
Mafia Scum
zu_Faul
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:30 am

Post by zu_Faul »

I still think my vote is in the right place. Arguments like
elvis_knits wrote:I seem to remember Yos slipping on the number of scum in dynamite stick mafia. (I'm sure I've seen others too). If Yos can do it, anyone can do it.
are totally weak (and not statistically relevant, as Yos explained himself).

But now I am less certain (if there is a thing like "certain" on page 8 in a 20-player game) of e_k scum than I was in my last post. This is because of what she wrote in post 172.

It has been some time since I was not dissatisfied with any of the early bandwagons. Normally I'd see at least one wagon, whose victim I would defend. But e_k, BAB, ekiM and Xyl all did not seem that bad as targets.
BridgesAndBaloons
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
Shea it ain't so!

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:35 am

Signature:
[size=84]This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit[/size]
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:40 am

Post by Xylthixlm »

BAB was obviously trying to drum up a bandwagon by overstating his case. It was so early he couldn't possibly have had a real case. I fail to see the scumminess.
#mafia@irc.globalgamers.net

"Xyl was completely berserk" -dramonic
"Xyl's ruthless policy lynching won the game." -Vi
BridgesAndBaloons
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
Shea it ain't so!

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:40 am

charter wrote: Well, I was more of asking to post something worth posting, like a response
to votes on you, instead of posts like 148.
You make no sense. How am I supposed to respond to an attack with no reasoning behind it?
I don't find Elvis scummy. She hasn't ignored the votes on her either. She responded to accusations in post 137. . .Why is my in particular staying off her wagon odd? Why should I have to join it?
I didn't see post 137. So I thoguht you were being hypocritical and that's odd. My bad,

The thing is, people have specifically stated what is scummy about her "
opportunistic
, but the
overreaction
" so she could defend against it. No one has said something like that to me.

But I think you should join it because I think Elvis is scummy, obv.
It's not. It's how you left the Xyl wagon.
. . .
I didn't say they are. I said that how you came back after Xyl had a wagon to repeat what others said and essentially shove legit reasons under your RVS vote was scummy.
That is utter bs. I voted for Xyl because he voted for Yosarian2.
I
started the wagon and those were my reasons. Just because i didn't reveal the reasons doesn't mean I didn't have them.

charter wrote:Another thing I didn't like was the 'Xyl wagon will continue without me' comment. What led you to think that by unvoting him, his wagon would continue?
[/quote]

cuz i think what he did was sort of scummy and I thought other people would vote him. Why is my (apparently wrong) assumption scummy?
Signature:
BridgesAndBaloons
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
Shea it ain't so!

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:47 am

elvis_knits wrote:
What is your logic for voting me? Now that you realize I was right on the 4 scum front, being that there is absolutely no reason to assume that, why are you voting me?
I'm voting you because I think your attack on KMD is ungenuine and forced. You are stretching a simple statement into a scumtell.

Also, I'm sorry, I missed your responses. You haven't ignored the case, and there is an actual case (which you think is bad probably) on you.

-------
VP Baltar wrote: @BnB--do you feel a majority of the votes on you are merely for bandwagoning purposes and/or are the result of lazy play?
I think Inhimshallbe, Serial Clergy, Rofl, and Ekim are voting me because previous people were voting me. I do not believe they would have voted me if no one else was.

I believe that Thesp thinks I'm scum for reasons he's withholding, I think that Charter thinks I'm scum for some reason I can't understand, something about me not defending myself against nonexistant cases?
Signature:
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:48 am

Post by Xylthixlm »

Hey Yos, why are you voting Shabba?

Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:48 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

inHimshallibe wrote:
inHimshallibe wrote::nod:
BTW, conferring that you think it's me.

Which am I buddying up to the most? Or am I treasonous?
Care to guess?
elvis_knits wrote: I said that in confirmations. It was a joke. I didn't act on it. Why was I supposed to be scum hunting in confirmations?
Fair enough.
elvis_knits wrote: My first post of the game was a vote on inhim. What is your problem with that? The posts before my vote on inhim were during confirmations.
Heh, guess I found scum by mistake then.
EK wrote:As I have explained my vote on Xyl was not a joke vote... although I did make a joke. So you can see it that way if you want, I guess. But that's not what it was.
Why give a joke reason for a serious vote?
BridgesAndBaloons wrote:Kmd, this is for you
Can't open links on this computer... People link me on AIM all the time and I have to tell them it doesn't work.
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:00 am

Post by roflcopter »

bridges wrote:I think Inhimshallbe, Serial Clergy, Rofl, and Ekim are voting me because previous people were voting me. I do not believe they would have voted me if no one else was.
i'm very clearly voting you because the bandwagon on you was bigger than the one on kmd. i think you're both scum. claus is sticking out as a third.

charter is town. elvis is town. people need to stop voting for elvis. that wagon is full of scum and sheep.

i get the feeling kmd/bridges found themselves in a 4 person scumgroup, assumed that the sample role pms would simply state as much and therefore presented the information. upon discovering that the sample pms actually account for up to five scum, they are both now struggling to come up with reasons why they assumed 4, with such charming excuses as "i thought there were only 16 players." really? you haven't been paying attention to the more than a month long game placement process and announcement which very clearly indicated you had been placed in a 20 person game with only people who you were interested in playing with, or at the very least were not adverse to playing with? i don't buy it.
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
BridgesAndBaloons
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
Shea it ain't so!

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:05 am

Kmd4390 wrote:
BridgesAndBaloons wrote:Kmd, this is for you
Can't open links on this computer... People link me on AIM all the time and I have to tell them it doesn't work.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12107
Signature:
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:07 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Rofl, I was probably one of the last to send my list in. I mostly just put players on it who I've enjoyed playing with or have heard of but never played with. I didn't put a lot of time into the "month long process" and almost didn't even play. Using the logic that everyone here must have been more excited for the game than any other game isn't a good basis for suspicions. (Note that I do want to play, just I didn't exactly go "OMG Invitational!" over it).
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:09 am

Post by roflcopter »

i'm saying i find it very unlikely that you didn't know how many players were in the game. you must have at least looked at the player lists when the games were announced, and the numbers were very clear there. this is why i find the "i thought there were 16 people in the game" to be a poor excuse for being sure of a 4 man scumteam.
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:12 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Rofl, look what we are talking about here.
Kmd4390 wrote:
elvis_knits wrote: There are exactly four scum in this game? ORLY?
4 scum plus a traitor.
EK makes a statement that obviously isn't a serious question. What would scum really say? "Yeah, my Role PM says so"? I was being a sarcastic prick. EK continued to question me about the number of scum after that, I don't remember my thinking. I was probably running on 24-36 hours straight being awake. That's about my average.
BridgesAndBaloons
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
Shea it ain't so!

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:13 am

inHimshallibe wrote:
I don't believe elvis is being anything but a little zealous. Not out of the norm for her, it's null.
I would love some game links for that, pleez.
Xylthixlm wrote:BAB was obviously trying to drum up a bandwagon by overstating his case. It was so early he couldn't possibly have had a real case. I fail to see the scumminess.
this is true. (not to say I completely
lacked
a case, but I was drumming it up).
roflcopter wrote: i get the feeling kmd/bridges found themselves in a 4 person scumgroup, assumed that the sample role pms would simply state as much and therefore presented the information. upon discovering that the sample pms actually account for up to five scum, they are both now struggling to come up with reasons why they assumed 4, with such charming excuses as "i thought there were only 16 players."
That's not my excuse. I must have mis remembered the number of names or miscounted earlier, and when Kmd said 4 I thought that was the number of XXXX
you haven't been paying attention to the more than a month long game placement process and announcement which very clearly indicated you had been placed in a 20 person game with only people who you were interested in playing with, or at the very least were not adverse to playing with? i don't buy it.
Yeah, I haven't. If you read the thread, I simply '/in as a replacement player." and then I got replaced into this game. I did not submit a list of people I wanted and did not want to play with. I was not involved with the whole process as much as you or other people were.
Signature:
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:21 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Kmd4390 wrote:Rofl, look what we are talking about here.
Kmd4390 wrote:
elvis_knits wrote: There are exactly four scum in this game? ORLY?
4 scum plus a traitor.
EK makes a statement that obviously isn't a serious question. What would scum really say? "Yeah, my Role PM says so"? I was being a sarcastic prick. EK continued to question me about the number of scum after that, I don't remember my thinking. I was probably running on 24-36 hours straight being awake. That's about my average.
My question was absolutely serious.

I was giving you a chance to explain yourself, see if you really thought there were 4 scum or not. Because I did think there was a possibility that you were just choosing 4 people you thought were scummy, so I needed to have you confirm that you knew a specific number.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:23 am

Post by Xylthixlm »

I assumed Kmd was being a sarcastic prick. Which is weird because I'm usually quite skeptical of 'jokes' (see: ekiM). Hmm.

alexhans
alexhans
Mafia Scum
alexhans
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:59 am

Post by alexhans »

meh... I don't think I'll have time before I leave...

V/LA till tuesday 18th...

Scum, use that time wisely... Because once I'm back...

You're doomed...
I'm back...

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”