Newbie 818 (Game Over)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Kirbyoshi
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:43 pm

Post by Kirbyoshi »

if you want to, go ahead. But only if you want to. It's not like I'm going to come right out and ask you to or anything.
Show
Kirbyoshi 2.0 records:
Town: 1-0

"I view myself as a turtle..."--Heilograph
"We were all noobs once...except Chuck Norris."--CHAOSDRAGON88
MiteyMouse
MiteyMouse
He's too nICe
MiteyMouse
He's too nICe
He's too nICe

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:45 pm

Post by MiteyMouse »

Kirbyoshi wrote:if you want to, go ahead. But only if you want to. It's not like I'm going to come right out and ask you to or anything.
Now that is a terribly thought out answer isn't it? Especially considering you just called me out for asking for claims and then softly asking me for mine. I'm very happy with where my vote currently sits...you are dripping with Scum my friend!
The more I see, the less I know
The more I'd like to let it go.
Kirbyoshi
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:48 pm

Post by Kirbyoshi »

I didn't ask you to. I only said if you want to. You did say you thought it a good idea when you are about to be lynched.
Show
Kirbyoshi 2.0 records:

MiteyMouse
MiteyMouse
He's too nICe
MiteyMouse
He's too nICe
He's too nICe

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:52 pm

Post by MiteyMouse »

No...what you said was:
Kirbyoshi wrote:...interesting how you wanted claims from adam and me, yet you haven't yet given one yourself, despite being under the most pressure and not being able to be around tomorrow...just saying.
Does that not sound like a challenge to you? It does to me.
Raskol
Raskol
Goon
Raskol
Goon
Goon

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:53 pm

Post by Raskol »

Well, this is an interesting exchange.

I note that you still haven't made any attempt to explain why you asked for
two
claims. Still trying to think of an answer? Or are you hoping you can convince us all that asking for claims in general is the issue?

Mitey, did you notice that part in Kirby's post where he asked for someone else's claim along with yours? Because I didn't.
Kirbyoshi
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:54 pm

Post by Kirbyoshi »

When you are suspicious of someone, is it not a good idea to challenge them to prove themselves, if not by claiming, then by some other manner?
Show
Kirbyoshi 2.0 records:

MiteyMouse
MiteyMouse
He's too nICe
MiteyMouse
He's too nICe
He's too nICe

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:59 pm

Post by MiteyMouse »

I explained it Raskol...several times in fact and feel like I'm chasing my tail as, you're obviously not reading it.

Yes...I asked for 2...they were tied with one person not voting. The one vote could have put either of them in lynch position. We also had 48 hours until deadline. We needed time to digest, discuss and analyze the claim(s). Kirby chose not to claim. I'm not sorry for asking for both as, when I asked, the vote could have gone either way.

Now, I keep talking here and really should be in bed...hehehe!
Kirbyoshi
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:01 pm

Post by Kirbyoshi »

Ok, so one more: Why not just say "one of you should claim"? It seems like that would have been a better thing to say.
Show
Kirbyoshi 2.0 records:

MiteyMouse
MiteyMouse
He's too nICe
MiteyMouse
He's too nICe
He's too nICe

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:04 pm

Post by MiteyMouse »

Kirbyoshi wrote:When you are suspicious of someone, is it not a good idea to challenge them to prove themselves, if not by claiming, then by some other manner?
Yes but, don't then try to pass it off as something other than a challenge. You called me out for asking for claims and not giving choices (which I disagree with). Don't then challenge me to claim by throwing my words back at me and then make it seem as if you didn't. and were merely offering me a choice Own your words...if you are meaning to challenge, then by all means, challenge.
MiteyMouse
MiteyMouse
He's too nICe
MiteyMouse
He's too nICe
He's too nICe

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:05 pm

Post by MiteyMouse »

Kirbyoshi wrote:Ok, so one more: Why not just say "one of you should claim"? It seems like that would have been a better thing to say.
Ok...I could have said that however, "claim please" seemed ok at the time...
Kirbyoshi
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:07 pm

Post by Kirbyoshi »

I was only doing what you posthumously said you were doing earlier...but in a way that doesn't make me look scummy. I do think that if you believe claiming when you are about to be lynched is a good idea, then you should by all means follow your own rule.
Show
Kirbyoshi 2.0 records:

Raskol
Raskol
Goon
Raskol
Goon
Goon

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:08 pm

Post by Raskol »

Okay, so the explanation that was already shown to be faulty is the only one you've got, and we're left wondering whether you, with your 1000+ posts of experience, were really somehow convinced it was a good idea to ask for two claims as town when there's no such thing as a tie, or whether you're scum looking to out power roles and grabbing an easy opportunity to do so.

On top of that, you were our best (imo) candidate for a policy lynch
anyway
, and the cases on anyone else are sketchy to say the least.

From my POV, I think lynching you looks pretty good. Unless someone comes in with a better idea, my vote stays where it is.
MiteyMouse
MiteyMouse
He's too nICe
MiteyMouse
He's too nICe
He's too nICe

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:15 pm

Post by MiteyMouse »

And what policy would that be? Take out the IC on Day 1?

In this game there is no ties...in others there have been ties and they have been decided in different ways. How to deal with ties is decided by the individual mod. It was my bad for not reading the rules of this particular game very thouroughly.

Now, you all don't know this unless you've read my games but, I'm far better Scum that Town. When Scum, I would not drop such a blatent role fish...if that's what we're going to call it. As Town, I'm more confused and sometimes make mistakes...I am human after all and as Town, far less careful.
MiteyMouse
MiteyMouse
He's too nICe
MiteyMouse
He's too nICe
He's too nICe

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:19 pm

Post by MiteyMouse »

Kirbyoshi wrote:I was only doing what you posthumously said you were doing earlier...but in a way that doesn't make me look scummy. I do think that if you believe claiming when you are about to be lynched is a good idea, then you should by all means follow your own rule.
Oh...you are wrong...you look terribly Scummy in my eyes right now. The difference is, I asked. I did not lay down a challenge and then try to make it look like a choice. I also owned what I said and did not try to make it look more innocent than what it was. And seriously, you are calling me out for rolefishing...that's rich considering what the votes on you have been for.
Kirbyoshi
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:24 pm

Post by Kirbyoshi »

Mine was a n00bish move; you should know better, since you're an IC.

I CHALLENGE YOU to claim if you truly do believe it's a good idea.

There, better?
Show
Kirbyoshi 2.0 records:

Raskol
Raskol
Goon
Raskol
Goon
Goon

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:25 pm

Post by Raskol »

If you've read the thread, and I just know you have, I think you know what policy I'm talking about. The policy is to lynch someone we don't have a good read on, whose playstyle is bad for the town getting info on all players. I know you're probably frustrated at me for voting you, but it's best not to misrepresent people, don't you think?

For the second point---I'm really not going to get into WIFOM. Sorry.
Exalt
Exalt
Mafia Scum
Exalt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:15 pm

Post by Exalt »

adamrights wrote:I think we should go with Pom. If there is no RB then I am dead tonight. If Pom = the RB, we're in a great position as the doc can keep me alive and I can investigate, otherwise I'll be stuck tonight and we can start scum-hunting tomorrow.
Since you are the only semi confirmed townie at this point, I am willing to follow you with whatever vote you want us to have, even if that meant my own, but what I hope is that you have enough deduction skills to really find scum at this point...

I don't think you will die because I believe we have a doc... but just make sure what you vote is the best actions (if you are town) because at this point we are stuck riding your train of thought.

I had Pom as my #2 behind you.. so I am willing to go for it... Lemme reread the last few pages first, since I am drunk atm and don't feel like hammering on acciddentt when we have another day to go (although I won't be here all day friday, cubs game... possibly later in the night)...
Exalt
Exalt
Mafia Scum
Exalt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:31 pm

Post by Exalt »

I officially retract my last statement as following adamrights. I was about to go the easy way out as a drunkie atm, but I just realized that I don't like what is going on right now after reading the last few pages... I really really don't.

I don't like the idea of following adamrights at all, even if he is the cop... because his bad play doesn't make me want to follow him... and frankly even if Pom was my #2, I am having second thoughts. I have to remember this is a newbie game right now... and newb town is more likely than newb scum in most cases. Newb town make far more mistakes I think.

I am leaning toward someone like miteymouse right now tbh. He doesn't seem to have had much influence in the game besides a few IC helpfulness posts... and I just don't get a lot of scum hunting helpfullness from him... I need to reread...

but just in case

VOTE: Miteymouse

this might change depending on who the bandwagon is on the last day (assuming I can make it... I plan on posting at least once more before deadline tomorrow).... I will vote whoever to avoid a NL... but I want to hear from miteymouse right now before the day ends
Exalt
Exalt
Mafia Scum
Exalt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:34 pm

Post by Exalt »

MiteyMouse wrote:Check the vote hoppers on the next Day as, switching near a deadline is a Scum tell...and this ganging up does not look good for you boys!
I am willing to go for this gamble, because frankly this doesn't sound like a townie thing to say being an IC. You know better.
Exalt
Exalt
Mafia Scum
Exalt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:38 pm

Post by Exalt »

And I just reread and realized everyone else voted for miteymouse before me... go figure.

Well, I am happy where I stand, it looks like mitey has 3 votes now? He is at L-2 I believe.

I am happy where I am atm.
Katy
Katy
Goon
Katy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:03 pm

Post by Katy »

Hmm ..
Unvote
. Raskol has given me plenty of reasons to adjust my read, and I'm not thinking he's the best lynch now.

I am really not liking Mitey Mouse right now.

(1) I had almost completely forgotten this player existed, that's how far under the radar (he/she?) was flying. Then all of the sudden a little pressure and the posts are suddenly flying.

(2) Stuff like this:
Check the vote hoppers on the next Day as, switching near a deadline is a Scum tell...and this ganging up does not look good for you boys!

Really bugs me. Trying to threaten people out of voting you. We can decide for ourselves what the voting patterns mean once we see the flip, whoever we decide to lynch. We were near the deadline when all this came out. This would apply to any person who is lynched right now. You seem to be trying to scare people into a no-lynch situation by making them afraid to vote near the deadline.

The scenario you're posing makes more sense if you flip scum actually, since I would think your scumbuddy would be more likely to jump on near the end when a lynch of you seemed inevitable, because if they don't vote and there's a no lynch, anyone who didn't vote will come under suspicion.

Based on this threat toward people who vote you, especially in a newbie game, and your play of flying very under the radar and then suddenly becoming very active, I intend to vote for Mitey Mouse. If you're this active now, you were capable of doing so all along. Since the count is close, I'm not going to vote until there's more discussion and/or a claim. I'll be around to vote before the deadline.
adamrights
adamrights
Goon
adamrights
Goon
Goon

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:30 am

Post by adamrights »

@Exalt -- You don't have to follow me even if I'm the semi-confirmed town, because my reads might be totally off. That being said, I am comfortable with what seems like a switch to MM, as a policy type lynch...though if Pom comes back as the RB in this game :evil:

I'm going to put her at L-1,
Vote MM
Kirbyoshi
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:57 am

Post by Kirbyoshi »

Katy, you hold the hammer, so make sure that this is the lynch you want.
Show
Kirbyoshi 2.0 records:

MiteyMouse
MiteyMouse
He's too nICe
MiteyMouse
He's too nICe
He's too nICe

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:58 am

Post by MiteyMouse »

I am not threatening in any way. I am trying to pass on information before I die. In case nobody noticed, I'm fine with my lynch and have said so several times. It will give you information and last minute vote hopping is a Scum tell...it's my job to tell you that, I'm one of your ICs.

Now...you will miss me far more than my role. I'm vanilla Town.
Kirbyoshi
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:23 am

Post by Kirbyoshi »

Why would we miss you? You've barely posted!
Show
Kirbyoshi 2.0 records:

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”