Newbie 817 (Game over!)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
crazypianist1116
crazypianist1116
Goon
crazypianist1116
Goon
Goon

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:41 am

Post by crazypianist1116 »

Vel-Rahn Koon wrote:If I
had
to lynch someone right now it would be bouche, followed closely by Mae. He (gender ?) has had several people push against him, and knowing his alignment would help lead us to other potential suspects. Mae's lynch wouldn't help get us much more information like bouche's could potentially get us, but the active lurking is not helping get a handle on alignment. Good question crazy - do you have an opinion as well to add?
Let me make sure I'm understanding this correctly. You think that if we lynch bouche, and he flips scum, then the people voting him are more likely to be town and if he flips town, the people voting him are more likely to be scum. But couldn't that just be WIFOM?

As for my opinion, I'm voting for him right now. Starbuck and iamausername's recent points have added to my reasons for voting hiphop.
Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:11 am

Post by Elmo »

Day 1, Vote Count #9

hiphop (3) <- crazypianist1116, bouchedufou, Starbuck
Vel-Rahn Koon <- iamausername
iamausername <- hiphop

Not voting: Maemuki, Petunho, startransmission, Vel-Rahn Koon.

The
deadline
is Friday, 14th August 22:00 UTC, which is 2 days and 48 minutes from this post. If deadline hits, there will be No Lynch.
With 9 alive, it's 5 to lynch.
Succinctness is pro-town.

Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available. ~ Gregory Benford
Petunho
Petunho
Goon
Petunho
Goon
Goon

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:15 pm

Post by Petunho »

Hello everybody!

I have some reading still to do, and I'll post my feelings later today.
crazypianist1116
crazypianist1116
Goon
crazypianist1116
Goon
Goon

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:28 am

Post by crazypianist1116 »

29 hours left.
Petunho
Petunho
Goon
Petunho
Goon
Goon

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:44 am

Post by Petunho »

Wiiuuuuh! Done reading, and I have some kind of picture in my mind of the game. There has been quite many red flags in the game, by several different players.

What can I say for
Jeromus
' play? He seem to be very lost with the game and dind't know what to do. He made empty posts and didn't really dig into the game. More than half of the posts were fluffy and it seems that he wasn't too interested of the game and got replaced. No real content from him, and no real pressure put onto him to get him talking.

Then we got
hiphop/Buggy
. Buggy played scummy and made the situation for hiphop to hop in pretty difficult. Still I myself won't let you out of the hook, from the actions Baggy made. Baggy made one scummy post and many people attacked him for that. I agree with the accusations made against him. Hiphop replaced him after Baggy got frustrated and quit.

Hiphop has been active with his votes, too active I would say, and has been bouncing around with his votes to see where it would stick the best. You can vote people as much as you want but unless there is some reasons behind those votes they are empty votes in my eyes. "Oh I got vote from hiphop, oh I guess it's my turn to get voted." People really doesn't concern about your vote anymore, because you will change it after day or two. This kind of voting habit gives me bad vibes. Like I said, you seem to look where your vote could catch some fire from other players, and if it doesn't you change it.
hiphop wrote:As for if I had to lynch someone, I would lynch bouched, the person who I am voting for, otherwise why would I vote for him in the first place?
So far you have been ready to lynch: Iamausername, Startransmission, Bouched and Maemuki. 4 out of 8. So half of the people here are in your eyes potential scums atm. You haven't voted for Starbuck, VRK, crazypianist and me. I think I have to dig into this more closely later.

What about
Starbuck
? When I read the game first time through I really got the same vibe that startranmission got about you and hiphop. You really looked to protect and even trying to clear the clouds over hiphop. It really looked like you were trying to clear your scumbuddyy's reputation. After Start's post you changed the direction and you are heading for hiphop's lynch. There was certain change in your gameplay and the sudden change from protecting hiphop to voting against him is quite disturbing. I agree with you about Mae, and I'll get to Mae later.

Then we got our IC -
VRK
. I'm very disapointed about his play. A good start on the analyze of Baggy's post and after that nothing and empty promises. I think IC's can play easier as a scum in newbie games because they can seem active by posting advices and they can lead newbies to follow their logic about the game. VRK's in put into the game has been dropping all the time, like he's waiting for townies to make the lynch for him. You have to do better than that!
VRK wrote:I will do a PBPA of everyone within the next 24 hours, since the deadline is near. I'm not going to write a wall of text - I will give a synopsis of my major suspicions with regards to each player.
Waiting for this one.

Our name nightmare
startranmission
. There has been good posts by Start and I really liked the post #159, where he did a summary on Starbuck. I agree most of those points and even though Starbuck tried to null those accusations I still believe you did try to cover hiphop. Start could contribute more, by giving those good analyzes of the game on other players also. No bad vibes from him.

Then who we got left...
iamausername
. She didn't pop in to my eyes during the reading. That can be a good thing or a bad thing. There was some good points made, but I really have to look your posts more closely to make some kind of read on you. I like the accusations you have made during the game and your attacks seem logical. So, not much of read from iama.

How about
crazypianist
? Hard to get hands on this guy. No really bad vibes from him. No faulty logic got my attention during the through reading. Quite good play from him, but I have to look deeper in to your play also. Not on top of my lynch list.

Then we got the quiet one:
Maemuki
. I'm really distuber by Mae's play. You have been really quiet and you have gave one vote and that was on the first post! You are really trying to slip under the radar and I hate that. Fluffy posts all the time. And while you make accusations you never give your vote to anyone! Do you now who you resemble? Me - in my first game as scum! You don't want to make yourself visible. You don't want to draw attention to yourself. You say "I'm suspicious of somebody" but you never make any actions to vote or even dig deeper. Mae, you are trying to fly too low to my taste. Too scummy, I would say.

There are many good options fo me to vote, but for me the most scummy seems Mae. No real contribution to the game, and the scummy style of play rings my bells and screams: Scum!

Vote: Maemuki
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:57 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

Sorry guys, my class' final exam is tomorrow and I've had students in and out of my office since Tuesday morning. Every time I sit to read I get interrupted, so this is going to have to wait. I still have to get the final exam written and I'm out of time both here and IRL.
The Newbie Queue ALWAYS needs ICs and Mods!

Are you willing to help out? Check the Queue title to see what roles we need filled!
hiphop
hiphop
Mafia Scum
hiphop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:10 pm

Post by hiphop »

iamausername wrote: Fence sitting is the completely the wrong term; fence sitting would be not taking a position either way between you and bouched.
What term would you use? Either way you are sitting back and waiting for everybody to bite the hook, so that you can jump on later.
iamausername wrote: You were already one of the two most likely to end up as the day's lynch.
I don’t think you can say this. There were only two people voting for me, and one was an OMGUS vote, so technically only one. Starbuck’s vote came later. That even isn't half the votes needed to lynch. Like you said things have changed. So do you believe I am more likely scum or more likely town?
iamausername wrote:False, I'm defending him because I think he's town.
The only person that you know can be town is yourself, and I wouldn’t even believe that.
iamausername wrote: Call it 'buddying', but I disagree with the prevailing opinion that it's a bad thing to talk about who you think is town.

But you just said above you were defending him, talking and defending are two different terms.
iamausername wrote:By this logic, we should just keep no lynching and waiting for the cop to tell us who the scum is, and if we don't have a cop, I guess we're just screwed.
You can't know for sure which side anyone is on unless you're scum. If you're town, you have to go with your best guess, that's pretty much how the game works.
You don’t think I don’t know this. That is what I have been trying to say, even than you should not defend, because that is buddying.
iamausername wrote:Why isn't this buddying, and therefore bad, but me saying the same about bouched is?
First, I am not defending them, like you said you were doing to bouch, second there are only two scum, I gave two names, that would equal three scum. Three does not equal two.
Petunho wrote:
Hiphop has been active with his votes, too active I would say,
So far you have been ready to lynch: Iamausername, Startransmission, Bouched and Maemuki. 4 out of 8. So half of the people here are in your eyes potential scums atm.
Before I came to play at mafiascum, I played (and still playing) at another site. The days are only 72 hours long. So I have playing this game for almost 12 days in real time. So this day in mafiascum, would last 4 of those. If the days were only as long as the other mafia game then I would have 4 votes in 4 days(mafia perspective). Does this make sense? I know I need to calm down, but I like playing mafia, so I am very active, and very impatient. This quote you quoted only had to with that time, and I am still willing to lynch him.
hiphop wrote:As for if I had to lynch someone, I would lynch bouched, the person who I am voting for, otherwise why would I vote for him in the first place?
The first vote for Iamausername, Startranmission and Mae’s vote, were just votes to get them to respond to anything and everything, however it never worked. It could be because you said I am too active. By the way, nice perspective of the game.
Petunho
Petunho
Goon
Petunho
Goon
Goon

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:46 pm

Post by Petunho »

Mod: Can we have prods or even a reminder post on people who hasn't posted in 24 hours? The deadline is in 18 hours!
Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:22 pm

Post by Elmo »

bouchedufou, Maemuki, Starbuck, startransmission, and iamausername have been prodded by request.

Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available. ~ Gregory Benford
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:44 pm

Post by Starbuck »

Responding to an unneeded prod.
<3 Kise, Reck, dram, tans, & Kats <3
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:10 pm

Post by Starbuck »

hiphop, it takes 5 votes to lynch, you are currently at 3.
hiphop
hiphop
Mafia Scum
hiphop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:12 pm

Post by hiphop »

This may be my last post, because I may not get to another computer in time. My vote stands. I hope there is a lynch, and I hope it isn't me. Good luck everybody.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:20 pm

Post by Starbuck »

@Petunho - You just re-read everything and you say how Bag was acting. He didn't care at all about the game. Most votes that were on Bag were on him because of his inactivity, rather than actual scumminess. hiphop had to take over for someone who signed up for a game but didn't fulfill his promise to finish out the game or even participate. I am holding hiphop accountable for his own actions, not the actions of Bag. I have found him suspicious since he came in with that first post and vote on iamausername, but since he's new to the site and that this is a newbie game, I wanted to give him benefit of the doubt. He knows the ropes better than Bouched due to his other experiences, but he has been acting scummy, which is why my vote is where it is.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:46 pm

Post by Starbuck »

Also Petunho, the deadline is something most of us are very well aware of. I, along with a few others, are no where near the 48 hr prod rule and have voted and are happy with our votes.

I don't like being prodded when I have been active. Next time, please read my sig as you are right around my time zone and know when the hours of sleep are and when the hours of a normal work day are.
Maemuki
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:00 pm

Post by Maemuki »

Responding to the prod.
Well, welcome. So, you voted for me, but I really was expecting this.
Well. We better decide on a lynch.....and fast. I have important stuff to do today....Might try to come on before the deadline though.
startransmission
startransmission
Mafia Scum
startransmission
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:01 am

Post by startransmission »

Welcome Petunho.

I would like to say how sorry I am about my inactivity in the recent days. I know it's an old excuse, but a combo of my being insanely busy with work and some family crisis has made giving this game my all rather difficult. Things are calming down now, and I pledge that this won't be a problem should I live to see day 2.

I'm torn between voting maemuki or hiphop. Maemuki has rubbed me the wrong way this entire game. She is an active lurker, and I get a weird vibe when she does post. The only problem is that if she is lynched and turns up town we will have very little to work with.

Hiphop doesn't give me the willies the way Maemuki does, but the reasons for a Hiphop lynch are numerous. I like Starbuck post 183, it's a nice summary of some of those reasons. My issue is... I just don't think he's scum. If I'm wrong I'll have some major egg on my face... but he responds quickly to criticisms. Even if his logic is a bit skewed, he provides what his is. Post 206 is a nice example of this, it strikes me as an honest defense of his actions and his perspective. I think if he laid back more and maybe FOSed more than voted he wouldn't be in the jam he's in.

So, it may get us nowhere, but I'm voting for who I find the scummiest.

Petunho
Petunho
Goon
Petunho
Goon
Goon

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:53 am

Post by Petunho »

Starbuck wrote:Also Petunho, the deadline is something most of us are very well aware of. I, along with a few others, are no where near the 48 hr prod rule and have voted and are happy with our votes.

I don't like being prodded when I have been active. Next time, please read my sig as you are right around my time zone and know when the hours of sleep are and when the hours of a normal work day are.
Ok, the only reason I asked mod to prod people was because the deadline was closing. Did you like it or not, I want to be sure that people remember that deadline is so close. People can forget and I don't see any problem with reminding people.
Starbuck wrote:I am holding hiphop accountable for his own actions, not the actions of Bag.
This is where we differ. Like someone said, they have the same role and they act accordingly. You cannot null the thins Bag did and give free pass for the replacement.
Maemuki wrote:Responding to the prod.
Well, welcome. So, you voted for me, but I really was expecting this.
Well. We better decide on a lynch.....and fast. I have important stuff to do today....Might try to come on before the deadline though.
Again a fluffy post. I don't see any reason to keep Mae with us. She is still using the same strategy and hopes nobody doesn't notice her. News for you: It's not working anymore!
Mae wrote:We better decide on a lynch.....and fast.
And how does she contribute? No action what so ever! Did you forget how to vote? Who is your top suspect? Why aren't you giving us any usefull info? You really look like scary scum.
Mae wrote:So, you voted for me, but I really was expecting this.
What do you mean by this?
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:01 am

Post by Starbuck »

Here is where you are wrong. Bag did nothing at all. He signed up for the game and then didn't care to play when it began. It has nothing to do with whatever role they both shared. It's the fact that Bag began this game and did nothing whatsoever to contribute. Hiphop, has since, replaced in and has made himself look scummy all on his own and with nothing to do with Bag.
Petunho
Petunho
Goon
Petunho
Goon
Goon

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:11 am

Post by Petunho »

You can say I'm wrong, but that doesn't make it wrong. It's only your opinion. I agree that hiphop has made good work in making him look scummy, but I think also Bag's actions were scummy. He got lot of heat in the beginning and he gave up. It doesn't make him scum, but for me, at least, that smells scummy.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:31 am

Post by iamausername »

hiphop wrote:What term would you use? Either way you are sitting back and waiting for everybody to bite the hook, so that you can jump on later.
That's not what I was doing. But if it was, I wouldn't call it fence sitting. Fence-sitting is refusing to take one side or another, like Maemuki is doing.
hiphop wrote:I don’t think you can say this. There were only two people voting for me, and one was an OMGUS vote, so technically only one. Starbuck’s vote came later. That even isn't half the votes needed to lynch. Like you said things have changed. So do you believe I am more likely scum or more likely town?
OMGUS votes are still votes. But yeah, I never said one of you two was definitely the day's lynch, just that you looked the most likely at the time.

I think you're more likely scum than bouched, less likely than VRK. And, since it looks like the tide has turned and another candidate has cropped up, I will also mention that I think you're less likely scum than Maemuki at this point.
hiphop wrote:
iamausername wrote:False, I'm defending him because I think he's town.
The only person that you know can be town is yourself, and I wouldn’t even believe that.
That would be why I said 'think' and not 'know'.
hiphop wrote:
iamausername wrote: Call it 'buddying', but I disagree with the prevailing opinion that it's a bad thing to talk about who you think is town.

But you just said above you were defending him, talking and defending are two different terms.
OK, fine, I also disagree that it's a bad idea to defend people you think are town. Problem?

VRK really should be lynched for making pretty much no scumhunting effort all day, and for trying to dissuade any sense of urgency when deadline was coming up, because I know he knows better than that. But that's obviously not going to happen today.

So, as far as Mae goes, the "wait and see" attitude was bad when it was a few days before deadline, it's absolutely unacceptable when it's a few hours. I'd rather lynch her than hiphop.

Unvote, Vote: Maemuki
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:39 am

Post by Starbuck »

I'm in definite agreement. Maemuki has been the epitome of active lurking.

According to my unofficial vote count, this is where we are currently at:

Day 1, Vote Count
hiphop (3) <- crazypianist1116, bouchedufou, Starbuck
Maemuki (3) <- Petunho, startransmission, iamausername
iamausername <- hiphop

Not voting: Maemuki, Vel-Rahn Koon.

With 9 alive, it's 5 to lynch.

Maemuki is my #2 suspicion, and this showing up but not posting anything but fluff is irksome. She hasn't contributed at all to the game, and has posted just enough to keep from being prodded.

Unvote: hiphop

Maemuki is now at L-1.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:42 am

Post by Starbuck »

Maemuki, claim please.

Also, hiphop has not left my radar, but at least he is posting substance, rather than fluff.
Maemuki
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:20 am

Post by Maemuki »

Gah.

I'm a vanilla townie. There. Satisfied?
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:28 am

Post by Starbuck »

Not in the least, you signed up for a game but you only post so you don't look inactive.

Give us a thorough post, show that you care.
Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:33 am

Post by Elmo »

Bump for new page goodness!

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”