MtG: Parallel Universe Mafia (SSK's Subgame): Game OVER!

whoot1234
whoot1234
Townie
whoot1234
Townie
Townie

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:51 am

Post by whoot1234 »

I'd like to make an observational theory on Kinitics death. Looking at the flavor and looking at his card at the online link providing in the death scene. It seems that Kinitic was killed cause he failed to do something thus not paying his upkeep and having to sacrafice himself.
qwints
qwints
Mafia Scum
qwints
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:58 am

Post by qwints »

That seems possible, but that seems like a godawful role if that's the case. Scum killing sk seems more likely.

Also, some interesting reading about our subtitles
wikipedia wrote: Tempest introduced two new keyworded mechanics to Magic: Buyback and Shadow.

Buyback appeared on instants and sorceries. Spells with buyback had an optional buyback cost which, if paid, caused the spell to return to its owner's hand after being cast instead of being placed in the graveyard.

Shadow appeared on creatures. Creatures with shadow could not block or be blocked, except by creatures with shadow. The shadow ability only appeared on certain blue, black or white creatures (with the exception of the red/white Soltari Guerrillas), and creatures with Shadow were all relatively small.
chenhsi
chenhsi
Goon
chenhsi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:04 am

Post by chenhsi »

Woah, flavor text edit for Tar-N1. Lovers are gone, and 2 players moved. No change to us, I think.
I lost the game.
Sudai
Sudai
Townie
Sudai
Townie
Townie

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:16 am

Post by Sudai »

Chenhsi, all games are called "<gamename> Mafia (<mod>'s Subgame): <gamephase>" currently. Well, ours doesn't have colon between "(<mod>'s Subgame)" and "<gamephase>," but yeah.

It's possible that the mods are just trying to get organized with these changes to game name and subtitles. At least, that's what I think it is since they're all fairly uniformed now.

@Mod: Would it be possible to get a confirmation on this?

Yeah just trying to get organized.

The biggest thing I want to note about Tar's game moving to the day phase is that Kinetic is "In The Graveyard" while everyone else is in the "Exiled" category. Right now there's the lovers and someone who got modkilled. Anyone that's played MtG before knows there's a big difference between the two, I'm just not sure what it means for the three sub games yet.
qwints
qwints
Mafia Scum
qwints
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:23 am

Post by qwints »

There is a difference, but I doubt it matters.
SSK's subgame wrote: MtG:Parallel Universe Mafia
Weatherlight Mafia
Tar's Subgame wrote: MtG: Parallel Universe Mafia
Time Spiral Subgame
FL's Game wrote: MtG: Parallel Universe Mafia
Kamigawa Subgame
On the graveyard issue, food for thought:
wikipedia wrote: Weatherlight had a strong theme of graveyard-related abilities. The set boasted more ways to retrieve cards from the graveyard than ever before, and other spells used the graveyard as a resource by removing cards in it from the game.
What do people think of claiming what expansion your card is from?
Boxman
Boxman
Goon
Boxman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:38 am

Post by Boxman »

@Sudai: Tar typically has 2 sections of his graveyard: 1 for dead people and 1 for those modkilled/left the game. I assume that this is a similar mechanic.
Show
Currently Playing:
Super uPick
Mini 894 - Vortex Mafia

Currently Modding:
Mini 885 - Mafia in the Village (need 2 replacements)
Boxman
Boxman
Goon
Boxman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:40 am

Post by Boxman »

Also: I have no problem saying my expansion. I doubt there's any way to guess roles/characters from the expansion. I'll wait until others say what they think first.
Show
Currently Playing:
Super uPick
Mini 894 - Vortex Mafia

Currently Modding:
Sudai
Sudai
Townie
Sudai
Townie
Townie

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:47 am

Post by Sudai »

D'oh. I forgot to make sure the subtitles all followed the same format.

As for claiming what expansion our cards are from, I don't think there would be much to gain from doing so, but at the same time, it probably wouldn't hurt anything either.

@Boxman: I see. I still think we should keep an eye on where dead players go just in case we can glean something from that.
whoot1234
whoot1234
Townie
whoot1234
Townie
Townie

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:58 pm

Post by whoot1234 »

Sudai wrote:Chenhsi, all games are called "<gamename> Mafia (<mod>'s Subgame): <gamephase>" currently. Well, ours doesn't have colon between "(<mod>'s Subgame)" and "<gamephase>," but yeah.

It's possible that the mods are just trying to get organized with these changes to game name and subtitles. At least, that's what I think it is since they're all fairly uniformed now.

@Mod: Would it be possible to get a confirmation on this?

The biggest thing I want to note about Tar's game moving to the day phase is that Kinetic is "In The Graveyard" while everyone else is in the "Exiled" category. Right now there's the lovers and someone who got modkilled. Anyone that's played MtG before knows there's a big difference between the two, I'm just not sure what it means for the three sub games yet.
Thats where my theory comes in I dont think kinitic is out yet.
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:01 pm

Post by MafiaSSK »

Sorry about the first post changes. They're done.
Call me "SSK, or "ssk". Mafia is my father.
Boxman
Boxman
Goon
Boxman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:10 pm

Post by Boxman »

I don't think Kinetic is still in the game. There's always a chance he could be revived, but it would make no sense for a reviver, no matter what alignment, to revive an SK.
Show
Currently Playing:
Super uPick
Mini 894 - Vortex Mafia

Currently Modding:
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:12 pm

Post by zwetschenwasser »

We should be wary of unnecessary claiming of ANYTHING in a Tar organized game/games. I don't like how boxman pulled this out of nothing as if would somehow do something productive.
UW Huskies Class of 2014!
Spontaneous Bastard Mafia II is accepting replacements.
Boxman
Boxman
Goon
Boxman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:16 pm

Post by Boxman »

Uh, I didn't.
qwints wrote:What do people think of claiming what expansion your card is from?
Show
Currently Playing:
Super uPick
Mini 894 - Vortex Mafia

Currently Modding:
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:16 pm

In that case,
Unvote; Vote: qwints

I apologize for the undue grief.
Head_Honcho
Head_Honcho
Goon
Head_Honcho
Goon
Goon

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:13 pm

Post by Head_Honcho »

Firstly, as was mentioned assuming a possibility of multiple scum groups it gives scum in this game an opportunity to actually be able to scumhunt. Secondly, townies should be looking at this and playing this as a small group game, I'm not going to say why, but townies should know why. Anything that distracts unduly from the people in this specific game is not a good idea, and I think focusing a bunch of attention and posts on the other games falls under that.

Sudai's idea stunk to me because it seemed like the most blatant attempt so far to try to move away from focusing on this subgame.

I don't think the other games should be ignored entirely, for instance I think once we have night flavor/actions it could be helpful to compare them to the other games to try to get a feel for setup, but as far as picking lynches I think it would do us well to keep the majority of analysis directed at people we can actually affect with votes.
Immoral Acts: 0
Slicey
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:14 pm

Post by Slicey »

Hi, I'll read this game as soon as I can. Just a note that I will be V/LA from the 14th to the 17th. Question, though. Should I read the other games as well?
Taking a temporary retirement from playing mafia games... damn you invitationals.
Coming in Summer 2010: Yu-Gi-Oh: The Abridged Mafia. The most nonsensical game of mafia you'll ever play.
Note: V/LA most weekends, sorry.
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:14 pm

SLICEY YAYAYAYAYAY!!!!
Slicey
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:18 pm

Post by Slicey »

<3 zwet
Taking a temporary retirement from playing mafia games... damn you invitationals.
Coming in Summer 2010: Yu-Gi-Oh: The Abridged Mafia. The most nonsensical game of mafia you'll ever play.
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:20 pm

<3 right back at you
Slicey
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:31 pm

Post by Slicey »

chenhsi wrote:Could we just try a SpyreX (or anyone in one of the other games) lynch? It would be quite interesting to see what happens.
This is hopelessly scummy. First, why SpyreX out of all the people? Do you find him scummy or did you pick him at random? And interesting? You shouldn't lynch people to see what happens, you should lynch people you think are scum. We should definitely not be trying this on D1 at least. Focus on this game above the two other games.
Slicey
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:32 pm

Post by Slicey »

chenhsi wrote:
Flava Flave wrote:Look more at your own game and less at ours/Tar's. Yes, look at all 3 games. Just don't let it distract you from yours. Chenhsi is probably scum because of his anxiousness to start and attempts to lynch a player not in their game. My vote would be on Chenhsi and unlikely to move if I was there.
I am looking at our own game as well.
I don't see why being anxious to start is a scumtell.
I wanted to test if voting someone in another game would work. I'm not pushing for a lynch on SpyreX specifically, I just felt that he was being scummy for proposing the alliance, so I chose him as my "test subject".
durr i should read the whole topic first. Still, wanting to lynch someone from another game D1 is still no good.
Slicey
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:01 pm

Post by Slicey »

Starbuck looks town to me. She's playing very similar to an ongoing game I played with her, in which she turned up town (won't say any more. >_>)

Not liking Head Honcho and zwet right now. Head Honcho for his first post, saying he didn't know what was going on. Then blatantly refusing to read the other games, which is scummy as hell. I wouldn't be surprised if mafia group(s) are spread out across all three games. And then he attacks Sudai's plan, which I thought was actually a pretty good idea. However, our focus should be on this game more than the other two.

Zwet is scummiest in my eyes so far. First for voting Tar. We can
maybe
test that in the future, but doing it D1 is hella scummy, because he is trying to push for a lynch that probably can't happen. This goes hand in hand with his no suspects comment. Then, instead of voting for Head Honcho for his scummy comment, he FoS's him instead. I see this as a weak attempt to put suspicion on someone but without putting down a vote, that way it won't show up in the vote count. It's made to look like he's scumhunting but really isn't.

As much as it pains me to do this,
Vote: zwet

Boxman is also slightly scummy as he's paying more attention the other games than this game. Who do you currently suspect from this game?

chenhsi is also slightly scummy in that he's trying to push for a lynch for someone in another game, which me may not be able to even do, which would result in a no lynch which is bad for town.

Neutral read on Zakeri and qwints right now. I really like Sudai for town.

Also, about Kinetic coming back to life or something like that, I'm pretty sure he's dead for good. Graveyard means he's dead, while exile means they're removed from the game completely, or at least that's what I think. So unless somebody is stupid enough to revive an SK, he's gone for good.

I'll read up on the other games tomorrow, say some stuff about it and then I'll gone for the next few days.
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:12 am

I HAMMER PEOPLE! I prefer not to vote unless I can hammer. You know that!
qwints
qwints
Mafia Scum
qwints
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:43 am

Post by qwints »

Zwet, I have a couple of reasons for asking for people's expansion. The main reason is to confirm a basic hypothesis about the set-up: each subgame started out with players from the named expansion. The second is to investigate the significance of the subtitle name change.

There are others, but I don't want to reveal them at the moment. I think the information may prove more useful than others think. I would like a reason for not doing so that goes beyond general policy zwet. How could this hurt town? (I may be missing something because I know less about MtG than you do.)
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:08 am

Expansions aren't really relevant to alignments, and if we do something like a mass expansion claim we could lose a lot of time arguing over something that's not particularly relevant to finding scum. Also, there is always the possibility that there are punisher roles that come into effect with expansion claims. I think you might be one of those punisher roles.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”