MtG: Parallel Universe Mafia (SSK's Subgame): Game OVER!

semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:02 pm

Post by semioldguy »

Sorry, haven't been keeping up, will catch up after I get home from work.
I'm such a good lover because I practice a lot on my own.
Head_Honcho
Head_Honcho
Goon
Head_Honcho
Goon
Goon

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:27 pm

Post by Head_Honcho »

I'm going to go ahead and completely disregard the other subgames until there is some explicit crossover. I actually think Zakeri's right on the ball that focusing your posting on other games is a
huge
scumtell.

That said, I'm going to
vote: sudai
for his 'every universe compiles a list of their scummiest' idea.
Immoral Acts: 0
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:53 pm

Post by Starbuck »

Boxman wrote:Starbuck: Tried to stop us from starting before Mr. Big got here. Trying to stall the game before Day 1 began? Perhaps. Fairly neutral read here, maybe slightly scummy.
I may be confused but confirmation stage is before the game starts, so how can something in confirmation stage be held against someone?
<3 Kise, Reck, dram, tans, & Kats <3
chenhsi
chenhsi
Goon
chenhsi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:00 pm

Post by chenhsi »

Sudai wrote:
chenhsi wrote:I didn't realize that lynching someone in another game meant that we get 1 less chance to lynch scum in our own game :oops:
I'm curious as to why you would assume we could lynch another sub-game and still continue our day. A lynch typically ends the day in most games, doesn't it?
I realized that a successful lynch would end the game, I just didn't make the connection with losing an opportunity to lynch in our own game while scum getting a NK.
Boxman wrote:chenhsi: Trying to lynch someone in the other game?
Most of us were pretty positive it wouldn't work
, and you decided to test it anyway. I have a slightly scummy read here.
I was not aware of the part I bolded.
Starbuck wrote:
Boxman wrote:Starbuck: Tried to stop us from starting before Mr. Big got here. Trying to stall the game before Day 1 began? Perhaps. Fairly neutral read here, maybe slightly scummy.
I may be confused but confirmation stage is before the game starts, so how can something in confirmation stage be held against someone?
You already have your role by then. Also, mafia want to delay the game starting so they have more time to discuss with scum buddies.
I lost the game.
chenhsi
chenhsi
Goon
chenhsi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:05 pm

Post by chenhsi »

From FL's game:
Yosarian2 wrote:Question: I'm not really clear here, and I'm not sure if anyone is, but...do scum know who the scum in the other games are? Should we be looking for cross-game connections where scum in one game might be trying to defend their buddies in a different game?
Rules wrote:<23a> If a faction has factional abilities (i.e, Mafia kill) that does not use the aforementioned formatting, that faction may use that ability to target a player in any subgame which contains a member of that faction.
I believe that they have scum buddies in other games, and also know who those people are.

Wait, did flavor text disappear from our OP?

Nope. Never had any flavor.
I lost the game.
Boxman
Boxman
Goon
Boxman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:10 pm

Post by Boxman »

@Chenhsi: Maybe it was just me. Still, I was pretty sure several of us thought you were suspicious because of that.

@Starbuck: Scum that have night talk only are typically allowed to talk during confirmations. Scum might try to lengthen the confirmation stage in order to get more time to talk in. This is also where the "last-to-confirm" scumtell comes from.
Show
Currently Playing:
Super uPick
Mini 894 - Vortex Mafia

Currently Modding:
Mini 885 - Mafia in the Village (need 2 replacements)
Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:25 pm

Post by Percy »

OK guys, sorry it took me a little while to catch up.

First of all,
Unvote

Other game notes:

Overall:
I buy DDD and Benmage's claim.

FL:
SpyreX's plan reads fairly well to me - I would have wanted to vote Sociopath, at least. Yos over-reacted.
I think populartajo may be scum for 77.
Flava Flave thinks Pyro is town, and chenshi (in our game) is scum.
Quagmire says Mufasa is not scum, definitively.
Boxman 41 wrote:Porkens: What is with the "Vig shoot Mufasa" thing? I looked through his posts and every one of them except his confirmation post has that in it. Seriously, what?
I think there was a suggestion that he may have to post it to activate a power. Either that or he's just insistent. His lurking now looks bad, and I'm keen to figure out whether he can make a post without that line.
Also, the "alliance" ties SpyreX and Porkens together, in my opinion. I don't like how insistent they both were about vigging Mufasa. They could just be townies being weird together, but I don't like that interaction.

Tar:
Kinetic calls Yos scum, Sajin defends Yos.
Benmage calls Papa Zito on a "slip" re: his WC. Need to keep an eye on this.
Pyro claims "unrecruitable". Mastin thinks he's town.

This game:
Head_Honcho 44 wrote:what is going on here
I really don't like this. Could be setting up for "defence by way of ignorance" later.
chenhsi 56 wrote:Could we just try a SpyreX (or anyone in one of the other games) lynch? It would be quite interesting to see what happens.
Why did you think the SpyreX alliance was a scummy idea? Was it the lynching Sociopath, or the vigging Mufasa that you didn't like?
Also, stop distracting everyone with talk of cross-game or mod-lynching. That goes for everybody.
zwetschenwasser 59 wrote:I think we might have a parallel universe mod lynch mechanic. Since Tar is conventionally lynched, maybe he made himself a role that can only be lynched through another subgame.
It may be an interesting mechanic, but we don't know (1) whether it will work or (2) what it will do. So how about we try not to get bogged down and instead focus on scumhunting
in this game
, yes?
In fact, you haven't talked about anything in this game yet.
Vote: zwetschenwasser
Zakeri 62 wrote:Assuming One scum team per game, that automatically makes it easier for Scum to find scum in the other games, since they wouldn't always be wrong.
That's a huge assumption right there, and given the rules about cross-game communication and multiple factions in the ruleset, I'd say a dangerous one. Also, why is it bad if one scum faction tries to kill off another? There's more important points to be made here:

(1) We need to watch for selective scumhunting, because we have more than one scum faction.
(2) If player X drives a successful wagon on scum Y, that doesn't say anything at all about player X's alignment, apart from "probably not the same as Y".
Head_Honcho 76 wrote:I'm going to go ahead and completely disregard the other subgames until there is some explicit crossover. I actually think Zakeri's right on the ball that focusing your posting on other games is a
huge
scumtell.
First sentence: I want to be able to hit the ground running if I'm moved, rather than spending a few days re-reading and being treated like a replacement. The more the town works together and pools their brainpower, the better. For example (as Yos pointed out in the post chenhsi quoted above, though the way Yos said it reads like
feigned
ignorance) there may be some cross-game buddy defence that we need to look for. Ignoring the other games is anti-town.
Second sentence: True, but emphasis on the focussing.
Head_Honcho 76 wrote:That said, I'm going to
I'd like to hear more from both Sudai and Honcho on this.
@Sudai: Why is this a good idea?
@Honcho: Why is this a bad idea? Why is this a scummy idea?
Sudai
Sudai
Townie
Sudai
Townie
Townie

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:12 pm

Post by Sudai »

Percy wrote: (1) We need to watch for selective scumhunting, because we have more than one scum faction.
What makes you think there's more than one scum faction in this subgame?
Percy wrote:
Head_Honcho 76 wrote:That said, I'm going to
I'd like to hear more from both Sudai and Honcho on this.
@Sudai: Why is this a good idea?
@Honcho: Why is this a bad idea? Why is this a scummy idea?
The "Scum list" was mostly in response to Mastin claiming that everyone should work together across the universes. I was under the impression that he wanted everyone to comment on everyone, essentially. I proposed the idea because if his plan went into effect, this would be a better, more efficient way to go about it as having 36 players post about 35 players while defending themselves at the same time would be...very painful.

Zwet, how can you have zero suspicion? I can understand not having enough to build a case, but there's surely enough to poke around and ask questions.
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:13 am

Post by MafiaSSK »

Semioldguy has requested replacement.
Call me "SSK, or "ssk". Mafia is my father.
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:34 am

Post by MafiaSSK »

Whoot1234 is replacing Mr.Big, effective immeadiately.
whoot1234
whoot1234
Townie
whoot1234
Townie
Townie

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:36 am

Post by whoot1234 »

Hey Guys. I am not new to mafia games and how they work. I will get a read through on what has happened here so far post my comments and look at the other two subgames.
Zakeri
Zakeri
Goon
Zakeri
Goon
Goon

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:56 am

Post by Zakeri »

I read the flavor to suggest multiple scum teams that span the games.
I don't like trying to gleam information like this from flavor. It's a viable alternative, but I doubt it worth enough consideration to start worrying about who we should lynch in games we're not playing.
I've seen plenty of games where non-town players don't get a safe claim. We've also only had two players claim to have a safe claim so far (Ben and DDD). Do you have a safe claim? Is that why you assume all non-town players will have a safe claim?
I play a lot of mafia games that are themed in such a way that knowing a person's flavor name is practically an alignment detection in itself, usually with so few possible claims to make that it would be too easy to break the game on a day one massclaim. I sort of feel Safeclaims are a mandatory part of the game because of this, and since this game appears to be structured similarly. I felt it was weird for someone to ask why third parties got safeclaims.

And No, I don't have a safe claim.

@Boxman 72: I think it's more of a scumtell to try and focus on the other games, since I think it's unlikely that there would be scumteams split across parallel universes right out of the starting gate.

@Zwets 73: What? You have an entire list of suspicious people given to you at the start of the game. It's that same list that has your name on it as well. Pick one.
Assuming One scum team per game, that automatically makes it easier for Scum to find scum in the other games, since they wouldn't always be wrong.
That's a huge assumption right there, and given the rules about cross-game communication and multiple factions in the ruleset, I'd say a dangerous one.
It's not any worse an assumption than that there's one of three different mafia factions in every game, which under the current ruling means three mafia sourced nightkills per night per game. Just because there are rulings on how the mafia performs when sent into seperate games doesn't imply to me that they started out in seperate games.
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:12 am

Post by zwetschenwasser »

Head_Honcho wrote:I'm going to go ahead and completely disregard the other subgames until there is some explicit crossover. I actually think Zakeri's right on the ball that focusing your posting on other games is a
huge
scumtell.

That said, I'm going to
This is bad. We can't disregard the other subgames.
FoS: Head_Honcho
UW Huskies Class of 2014!
Spontaneous Bastard Mafia II is accepting replacements.
Sudai
Sudai
Townie
Sudai
Townie
Townie

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:21 am

Post by Sudai »

@Whoot: Welcome to the game. Looking forward to the new perspective.

@Zwet: I agree we shouldn't completely ignore them, but you're yet to show any focus on our game at all.
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:31 am

Post by zwetschenwasser »

I have. Honcho is now my suspect.
UW Huskies Class of 2014!
Spontaneous Bastard Mafia II is accepting replacements.
Mufasa
Mufasa
Goon
Mufasa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:42 am

Post by Mufasa »

I dont like Honcho's lack of contribution to the game and comming in and just saying what is going on here. But along with him come other lurkers such as Qwints and Sideney.

Who do you guys think is the most pro-town person in each of the other games?
And who do you think is the most anti-town person in each of the other games?
whoot1234
whoot1234
Townie
whoot1234
Townie
Townie

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:45 am

Post by whoot1234 »

^^ looks like he posted in the wrong thread
qwints
qwints
Mafia Scum
qwints
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:07 am

Post by qwints »

From the sign-up queue:
In a place as large as the Blind Eternities, many different worlds can become entwined in a single destiny.

For instance, take the three planes that you now find yourselves in. Each is self-contained... but, as the planeswalkers know, there are ways to traverse the Blind Eternities... and the events of other planes can affect your own.

Especially when you're dealing with people - or other creatures - whose ambitions of conquest are not limited to a single world...
The italicized part is what makes me think that there are factions that span across sub-games.

I agree that we should be reading the other games. I have not been doing so and will make an effort to in the future. I don't like Honch's specific rejection of the proposal.
So,
vote: Head_Honcho

I don't know what to make of zwet's suggestion to lynch Tar - I don't think he just pulled it from nowhere - especially given his comments about lynching players in other games.

I don't like Zakeri's post in 62 declaring scum hunting in other games to be a scum tell, nor his dismissal of trying to learn game mechanics from flavor.

On Mufasa's post:
Mufasa:fl 236 wrote:
Papa Zito wrote:Mufasa just posted in SSK's game.

:D :D :D

I've got to think of a title for him when this is done.

@Porkens & Tajo = You boys need to join THE ALLIANCE like woah.
Forgot what thread I was in haha

at least it doesnt say in the rulez that you cant post in other subgames
qwints
qwints
Mafia Scum
qwints
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:08 am

Post by qwints »

Also, what, if anything, should we learn from the sub-games subtitles?
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:23 am

Post by MafiaSSK »

Slicey replaces Semioldguy.
Sudai
Sudai
Townie
Sudai
Townie
Townie

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:33 am

Post by Sudai »

@Mufasa: Hi. :p

@Zwet: That's still not much at all. He's your primary suspect. Anything else?

@Qwints: I'm pretty sure the subtitles are the names of expansions for MtG. Yeah, just did a google search and I was right.
qwints
qwints
Mafia Scum
qwints
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:37 am

Post by qwints »

Did our subtitle just change from tempest mafia to Weatherlight mafia?

The edit time on the first post makes this possible.
Sudai
Sudai
Townie
Sudai
Townie
Townie

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:41 am

Post by Sudai »

I'm really not sure. It was Weatherlight by the time I saw it.

Just for reference, FL's game was "Kamigawa" and Tar's was "Time Spiral."

Tempest was also an expansion set name. Google confirmed.
chenhsi
chenhsi
Goon
chenhsi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:43 am

Post by chenhsi »

Percy wrote:
chenhsi 56 wrote:Could we just try a SpyreX (or anyone in one of the other games) lynch? It would be quite interesting to see what happens.
Why did you think the SpyreX alliance was a scummy idea? Was it the lynching Sociopath, or the vigging Mufasa that you didn't like?
SpyreX's refusal to read the other threads (others didn't want to either, I choose SpyreX sort of randomly) and the alliance idea itself. What the alliance wanted didn't seem scummy, the alliance itself did to me.
Zakeri wrote:@Boxman 72: I think it's more of a scumtell to try and focus on the other games, since I think it's unlikely that there would be scumteams split across parallel universes right out of the starting gate.
Why would you think that?
qwints wrote:Did our subtitle just change from tempest mafia to Weatherlight mafia?
Yes, I believe it did. Our game is also the one that says "
Gamename
Mafia", instead of "
Gamename
Subgame".

Woah, SK just died in Tar's game.
I lost the game.
chenhsi
chenhsi
Goon
chenhsi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:47 am

Post by chenhsi »

Mufasa wrote:Read each of the rules I dont see any of them saying we cant
That is like saying that non-players can post in the game because there isn't a rule that says that they can't.
I lost the game.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”