Not Rex

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:24 pm

Post by Incognito »

oh, btw,
mod:
when exactly is our deadline for Day 1?
[ooc][color=black]patrickgower2006 (8:12:03 PM): all beer tastes same to me
patrickgower2006 (8:12:07 PM): like dish water
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:32 pm

Post by Incognito »

Nevermind. I found it. Reposting for convenience:
Slicey wrote:
Deadline for Day 1 is Friday, August 14, 11 PM EST.
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:45 pm

Post by SpyreX »

I mentioned you specifically because I was aiming a point at you, your wiki suggests very strong feelings about meta so I was putting across the point that I'm going do it whether you like it or not.
And my contention has been from the very beginning: what rationale is there to do that? How could I stop you if I wanted to?

Calling me out specifically is creating a tie.
What do you mean by 'it was augmented in your arguements with Kmd'? Everything (with the exception of a few posts) I say necessarilly, I don't pull up loads of crap out of nowhere.
We'll detail this in a second.
2) It is true. Nobody can make up P.E.E, other synonyms for it are P.E.G.E.X. which means exactly the same thing. I don't plan on looking back on Tar because I know I'm right,
and I was using his standard tells to support my idea.
Is it not necessary to reference where you have gotton your information?
Bolded is the issue. If you know you are right you know you are right. If you are not sure (or are trying to have an escape if you are wrong) you would use external support.

Which is what you did.
3) Cant you post links?

post 14 - Not me using being unexperienced as an excuse to make mistakes. Somebody wanted an explanation and I gave it.

post 20 - Again, it's an explanation.

post 51 - Um...I actually said I wasn't a newbie anymore and invited you to attack me for all the mistakes I make.

Now tell me, in which of these posts did I actually use it as a defence for doing something scummy? Your point is invalid.
So, above you say you don't pull loads of crap out of nowhere - which I'm going to have to assume means that every post is valid and for moving the game forward.

So, with that said what would the above be? What would you be explaining?

Scummy behavior?

If so, then what would saying any of the above (especially 14 and 20) be?
My little snipe? You are really beginning to get on my nerves now. I don't snipe. Not in my nature. Look at the amount of time between those posts, and explain why you were lurking around the site.
Well sure lets go ahead and do that:

Posted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:04 pm Post subject: 153
Posted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:53 pm Post subject: 162

So, yes apparently I was lurking for not posting for less than 4 hours.

And if you're trying to say that:
162 wrote:Spyrex. Lurking. Posting elsewhere. Much as can manage.
Isn't a snipe then well then I dont know what to say.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Slicey
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:19 pm

Post by Slicey »

Since I will be V/LA from the 14th to the 17th, the deadline will be moved to Tuesday, August 18, 11 PM EST.
Taking a temporary retirement from playing mafia games... damn you invitationals.
Coming in Summer 2010: Yu-Gi-Oh: The Abridged Mafia. The most nonsensical game of mafia you'll ever play.
Note: V/LA most weekends, sorry.
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:13 pm

Post by camn »

Incognito wrote:I wish I was a day-vig.
I wish you were, too!

BUT...I thought I was being pretty precise!
(I actually think I am playing a pretty tight game lately.. hopefully it will pay off in the end!)

If I agreewith your statements.. I say I agree with them! (which I then catch crap for!)
If I just want to use it as a point of discussion.... I catch crap for that too?

I have been nothing but clearabout my scumlist, have I not? I don't really think there is any "suddenly" about my suspicions...... why would you say that there is?
Do you really think that?
That I am somehow trying to push suspicion onto KMD and Spyrex?
If anything, I think I am being totally negligent in ignoring them! (now I should catch hell for THAT, too!)

Also, Spy.. dont forget this little gem from 267:
Haylen wrote: Everything I have said can be proven.
----------------

But seriously....lets get down to biz.
(I did kind of space out on the deadline.. I am just having so much fun!)
EVERYONE PLEASE ADVISE!

Lets hear if you support MY
IMMEDIATE
lynch.
No waffling. No cases or reasoning necessary.
I want everyone's opinion on record before the end of the week, please!
I take it Haylen and Incog do... but pls, correct me if I am wrong.

Also.. KMD..
Your last post was an inadequate catch-up post.
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:12 am

Post by Incognito »

unvote, vote: Kmd4390
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:28 am

Post by Incognito »

SpyreX, I think you're setting up a false dilemma with the whole "calling me out specifically in the beginning is creating a tie" thing. I see the point you're getting at, but I don't see why this would cause you so much concern -- do you really think the player group in this game would be stupid enough to assume that just because Haylen mentions your name out of nowhere, if she's scum, she's most likely scum with you? I'm pretty sure everyone here is aware that scum interactions are oftentimes less transparent than that.

Haylen, did you really think SpyreX was lurking at the time you called him out for that? Do you think he's still been lurking?

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

Camn, how's the weather been over there in Strawman City lately?
Post 279, camn wrote:I have been nothing but clearabout my scumlist, have I not?
Neat. So why are you still voting Haylen? What's your
reasoning
for thinking that I in particular am scum? You seem to be missing that basic element, and I really think that practically everything you've said this entire game seems extraordinarily contrived, which is odd considering that when I usually play with you and I read what you have to say about people you think are scum or what-have-you, I get the sense that I could genuinely
feel
that you actually believe what you're saying. Hence the massive cause for concern about your alignment in
this
game.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:13 am

Post by SpyreX »

SpyreX, I think you're setting up a false dilemma with the whole "calling me out specifically in the beginning is creating a tie" thing. I see the point you're getting at, but I don't see why this would cause you so much concern -- do you really think the player group in this game would be stupid enough to assume that just because Haylen mentions your name out of nowhere, if she's scum, she's most likely scum with you? I'm pretty sure everyone here is aware that scum interactions are oftentimes less transparent than that.
The statement itself is concerning. The reactions to my questioning it were truly the bizarre part though.

Ultimately in this setup something transparent like that could work better than in others with the aforementioned everyone needs to pull it together to nail scum.

My only issue with camn is that I still think haylen is a better choice and I dont see a camn-haylen team making any sense.
Show

Proud member of BaM
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:49 am

Post by Haylen »

Spyrex

Spyrex, I start meta-ing when i first read the playerlist, before everyone gets their role PM's...that screws me over when players out for games though. Sometime's i have things I want to say when the game starts. Challenging you with this was one of those things, that's all.

Nope, I was using external support cause I was referencing where I got the information from. And I am very sure of what I am saying, if I wasn't, I wouldn't say it.

Um...I think I made it clear in those posts, I was explaining that I'm determined to show everyone I'm not an idiot. I wouldn't call that scummy, I'd call it something that needed to be said. And I've just been told I have nothing to prove to anyone...so meh...

haha...I'm all jumpy at the moment cause I'm listening to happy songs. :D

That was not a snipe. I was unable to write more at that time for personal reasons, I don't feel the need to explain to you. You're walking a line there, I am warning you nicely not to continue.

camn

hmm...camn is again denying that she is contradicting herself by saying I'm scum and agreeing with incog, then saying she's not sure. Hmm

Nope, but you are going to catch hell for only suggesting Kmd is scum after I called you out on it. Yay.

That really is a gem, is it not. Everything I have said can be proven.

I would support both your's and Kmd's immediate lynch.

Incog

I do believe Spyrex was lurking and still is. At that time, I would not have posted unless I deemed it absolutely necessary cause I was V/LA.
Seriously. Read your role PM before playing.
I am sorry if you have to prod me, I have absolutely no concept of time.

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:01 am

Post by SpyreX »

Um...I think I made it clear in those posts, I was explaining that I'm determined to show everyone I'm not an idiot. I wouldn't call that scummy, I'd call it something that needed to be said. And I've just been told I have nothing to prove to anyone...so meh...
Did anyone call you an idiot?
That was not a snipe. I was unable to write more at that time for personal reasons, I don't feel the need to explain to you. You're walking a line there, I am warning you nicely not to continue.
I'm walking a line for what? I'm not asking about your personal reasons - if you have them they are yours and they are personal.

That doesn't change the fact it was a 1 line statement that I still can't figure out what you are basing it on. I call that a snipe.

That does lead into:
I do believe Spyrex was lurking and still is. At that time, I would not have posted unless I deemed it absolutely necessary cause I was V/LA.
Ok, quantify lurking for me. I'm sure not getting it. I dont lurk in any of my games.

So, I want what you think is lurking spelled out and how it applies to ME and not to Korts and KMD who have both been far less active.
Show

Proud member of BaM
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:17 am

Post by Haylen »

You have been online and posting in other games and reading GD/MD but not posting here. I call that lurking.

One line statement because I couldn't manage anymore due to being V/LA at that point.

Nobody called me an idiot. But I feel the unnecessary need to prove myself to people and my play in my others games has been pretty idiotic. Proving something to myself, perhaps...hmm...

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:27 am

Post by SpyreX »

I'm always online. That doesn't mean I'm here.

4 hours != lurking unless maybe it was < 4 hours to deadline and I was inconspicuously absent.
Show

Proud member of BaM
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:29 am

Post by Haylen »

Funny that, I was told the site automatically logs you out if you've been inactive for 30 minutes.

SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:36 am

Post by SpyreX »

The only time I ever have to reopen the site is when my computer resets or firefox crashes. Otherwise I'm always logged in. So, yea, funny that.
Show

Proud member of BaM
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:07 am

Post by Haylen »

Funny that,
I was told
the site automatically logs you out if you've been inactive for 30 minutes.
Please note the bold. I could even link you to the post where I was told that, if you like.

SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:12 am

Post by SpyreX »

Actually, now that I think about it: somewhere in this whole lurker business you are lying:

That time you were V/LA for personal reasons.
The reason why you only posted one line was because you didn't have enough time to post more.
You have said that it logs for inactivity after 30 minutes.
You said I was lurking those 4 hours.

So, that means you would have had to be sitting there watching me (and not posting which would be "lurking" by your own measure) to make sure I didn't log off for inactivity AND this revelation was enough to warrant posting that I was lurking in that time. Which, of course, would have meant you had enough time to post more than one line.

So riddle me this: if you were V/LA and didn't have time to post more than one line based on what you've said how could I be lurking?

As an aside I don't even think I get logged out when I reset - I'm pretty sure firefox reopens the page with me already logged in so I really dont know what to make of that.
Show

Proud member of BaM
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:20 am

Post by Haylen »

well, get this. I'm not lying on anything.

I never said i didnt have time to post more, you're lying. I said I couldn't post anymore. Yes, I was watching all my games whilst I was V/LA. since I declared V/LA in all of my games, I dont think that was lurking.

I had time to post more than one line, but i couldnt.

It's not lurking if you had reasons.

SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:31 am

Post by SpyreX »

I think I'm going to go V/LA for a few days, for reasons I don't want to talk about in thread. I'm doing this across the whole site, wont be posting anywhere. (might be able to manage a bit of GD if feeling better though). So sorry. I could be gone anywhere from 1 day to 3. Just depends.
Spyrex. Lurking. Posting elsewhere. Much as can manage.
Can. Am. Now I'm off again.
Haylen: Not scum.
Haylen: V/LA
Haylen: Going now.
So V/LA meant "watching my games instead of playing in my games" apparently if you were there the whole time watching my access on it.
It's not lurking if you had reasons.
It's not V/LA if you are there. And it IS still lurking even if you have reasons - just not classic scum hiding not wanting to play the game lurking.

I've been called many things, but not a lurker. I'm a little offended at the idea.
Show

Proud member of BaM
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:44 am

Post by Haylen »

I'm a little offended that you're calling me a lurker when I had reasons. I would rather those reasons were not questioned.

SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:54 am

Post by SpyreX »

I'm not - in fact I'm trying to say that your definitional lurking doesn't apply because it would apply to you as well. Which makes no sense.

Look, I think you're scum. However this is bordering on outside the game bad mojo and I want to make it clear:

I've got no problems with you. I think you are fun to play with and I absolutely am not trying to intrude on your personal life.

Lets take a step back from this, alright?
Show

Proud member of BaM
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:55 am

Post by Korts »

Had too many distractions today, will post tomorrow.
scumchat never die
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:55 am

Post by Haylen »

Ok, thank you.
You're not so bad yourself.

SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:57 am

Post by SpyreX »

I think we were both forgetting its supposed to be fun. <3
Show

Proud member of BaM
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:59 am

Post by Haylen »

Yep <3

Right back to business.
I think camn and Kmd are scum. Discuss.

Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:12 am

Post by Haylen »

I want to spread the love in this game, and I have had absolutely no pepsi...ok i lied there. I had a bloody lot.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”