Newbie 818 (Game Over)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Youdontknow
Youdontknow
Townie
Youdontknow
Townie
Townie

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:36 am

Post by Youdontknow »

@mod:
Requesting a vote count.
MiteyMouse
MiteyMouse
He's too nICe
MiteyMouse
He's too nICe
He's too nICe

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:49 am

Post by MiteyMouse »

Adam...I looked at your big post and something struck me. Kirb did mention both a Doctor and Cop...then mentioned a roleblocker. I know that I have no idea about what set up we are using. Perhaps that was trying to out if there is a Doctor and a Cop...if he already knows that there is a Roleblocker. I think that the leaking of PIS is a good lead at this point.

Vote: Kirby
The more I see, the less I know
The more I'd like to let it go.
adamrights
adamrights
Goon
adamrights
Goon
Goon

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:40 am

Post by adamrights »

Kirb, is there any reason you assumed the scum have a role-blocker and that we have a doctor/cop? What was the point? There really wasn't any...it wasn't just speculation; it was informed speculation.

I'm thinking we might have luckily caught the real scum RB with your slip up. (Would a goon know if his partner is a RB...not until evening in a newbie game, right?)

This makes sense with syramonds going inactive after coming off too suspicious early on. Perhaps he did not want to lose this power role for the mafia...

Unless someone else has some further insight I believe my vote on Kirb is the best bet for the town -- it's a slip-up we have to capitalize on.
Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:48 am

Post by Pomegranate »

adamrights wrote:Kirb, is there any reason you assumed the scum have a role-blocker and that we have a doctor/cop? What was the point? There really wasn't any...it wasn't just speculation; it was informed speculation.

I'm thinking we might have luckily caught the real scum RB with your slip up. (Would a goon know if his partner is a RB...not until evening in a newbie game, right?)

This makes sense with syramonds going inactive after coming off too suspicious early on. Perhaps he did not want to lose this power role for the mafia...

Unless someone else has some further insight I believe my vote on Kirb is the best bet for the town -- it's a slip-up we have to capitalize on.
The speculation was somewhat odd. Kirby seemed pretty sure that we have a mafia roleblocker, while there is only a 50/50 chance that we do. I didn't pick up on it at first, but seeing how adam explained it makes me a bit suspicious. For now
FoS: Kirby
. I want to see how Kirby will continue to act about this.
MiteyMouse
MiteyMouse
He's too nICe
MiteyMouse
He's too nICe
He's too nICe

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:00 am

Post by MiteyMouse »

Adam...in all newb games I've played here, the Scum can talk during confirmations.
Exalt
Exalt
Mafia Scum
Exalt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:08 am

Post by Exalt »

adamrights wrote:Who to vote for? I like that Kirb is adding to discussion, but my reason for actually questioning his scummyness now is that if he knows I’m not scum and he came hard against me – isn’t that going to attract the town’s attention? Perhaps, but I was acting scummy enough that he could maybe blame it on that…so:
VOTE KIRB

FOS: Pablo
Your reason to question him is that you believe he knows you are town but is pushing hard for your lynch???

That doesn't make sense... and it isn't even a case. I do agree that his roleblocker speculation is scummy, but to be honest have any of you read the thread? He said it a long time ago along with the doc/cop thing. Both me AND Pablo pointed it out.

None of you seemed to notice or care before... but now you all jump on the wagon. I'm pretty suspicious of all of you right now on his wagon... He is bringing up points that have already been stressed that none of you would care to go with.... yet you see a vote or two on someone and you jump right on?

Also, the pablo thing adamrights is doing looks like distancing to me at this stage. They buddy up to each other early on, but now that he gets voted for it he is trying to distance himself by FOSing Pablo.

Go figure right?
MiteyMouse
MiteyMouse
He's too nICe
MiteyMouse
He's too nICe
He's too nICe

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:14 am

Post by MiteyMouse »

Exalt wrote:
adamrights wrote:Who to vote for? I like that Kirb is adding to discussion, but my reason for actually questioning his scummyness now is that if he knows I’m not scum and he came hard against me – isn’t that going to attract the town’s attention? Perhaps, but I was acting scummy enough that he could maybe blame it on that…so:
VOTE KIRB

FOS: Pablo
Your reason to question him is that you believe he knows you are town but is pushing hard for your lynch???

That doesn't make sense... and it isn't even a case. I do agree that his roleblocker speculation is scummy, but to be honest have any of you read the thread? He said it a long time ago along with the doc/cop thing. Both me AND Pablo pointed it out.

None of you seemed to notice or care before... but now you all jump on the wagon. I'm pretty suspicious of all of you right now on his wagon... He is bringing up points that have already been stressed that none of you would care to go with.... yet you see a vote or two on someone and you jump right on?

Also, the pablo thing adamrights is doing looks like distancing to me at this stage. They buddy up to each other early on, but now that he gets voted for it he is trying to distance himself by FOSing Pablo.

Go figure right?
I brought it us as well Exalt and told him I'd be watching him. Have you read the rest of the thread? Seeing as you missed that and all.

Now we are getting close to a deadline and need things to happen so we don't end up with a no lynch that helps nobody but, the Scum.
adamrights
adamrights
Goon
adamrights
Goon
Goon

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:25 am

Post by adamrights »

@Exalt:
I did not suddenly start saying I think Pablo might be purposely buddying up to me. This is my second or third time it happened, and I've always remained cautious of Pablo.

As for me bringing up the suspicions on Kirb. I just went through the forum and did a long post because of being away. That is why I might have added to what you guys said.

But also, what else do we have to go on? Kirb made a slip-up on the game setup, which is scummy. I am not questioning him because he is pushing hard for my lynch. That seems town-like. If he knows I'm not scum he is taking a risk pushing on me...but, because when he did that there was a lot of suspicion against me, I think he could have reasoned that it would be easy to explain-away his bandwagon/push due to most of the discussion pointing at me being the scummiest.

Thus, I think it is worth to risk to lynch him because we might be getting a scum with a role.

Although, knowing that they can discuss pre-game makes it less likely that Kirb is the RB, if there is one, as he could know about the other RB through the QT.

Also, Exalt -- you seem quick to defend Kirb (Chainsaw?) -- perhaps your disappointed that momentum might be moving away from a townie getting lynched to a mobster.

@Kirb:
Is there any reason you chose to mention a specific setup with a role-blocker? What even made you think there was a RB in this game?
Exalt
Exalt
Mafia Scum
Exalt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:31 am

Post by Exalt »

MiteyMouse wrote:I brought it us as well Exalt and told him I'd be watching him. Have you read the rest of the thread? Seeing as you missed that and all.

Now we are getting close to a deadline and need things to happen so we don't end up with a no lynch that helps nobody but, the Scum.
I agree a NL is very bad, and I would vote for myself before allowing one to happen on day 1. At least then town would gain some type of information.

The point is, I don't like how people just jumped on the kirby wagon in the fashion it just happened. You all saw what kirby did before... yet you waited til adamrights makes a weak case and votes for you to jump on it?

Why didn't you vote him yourself earlier if you thought he was scum?
Exalt
Exalt
Mafia Scum
Exalt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:34 am

Post by Exalt »

adamrights wrote:
@Exalt:
I did not suddenly start saying I think Pablo might be purposely buddying up to me. This is my second or third time it happened, and I've always remained cautious of Pablo.

As for me bringing up the suspicions on Kirb. I just went through the forum and did a long post because of being away. That is why I might have added to what you guys said.

But also, what else do we have to go on? Kirb made a slip-up on the game setup, which is scummy. I am not questioning him because he is pushing hard for my lynch. That seems town-like. If he knows I'm not scum he is taking a risk pushing on me...but, because when he did that there was a lot of suspicion against me, I think he could have reasoned that it would be easy to explain-away his bandwagon/push due to most of the discussion pointing at me being the scummiest.

Thus, I think it is worth to risk to lynch him because we might be getting a scum with a role.

Although, knowing that they can discuss pre-game makes it less likely that Kirb is the RB, if there is one, as he could know about the other RB through the QT.

Also, Exalt -- you seem quick to defend Kirb (Chainsaw?) -- perhaps your disappointed that momentum might be moving away from a townie getting lynched to a mobster.

@Kirb:
Is there any reason you chose to mention a specific setup with a role-blocker? What even made you think there was a RB in this game?
Adam, I agree that he COULD be scum, but what I don't like is the fashion everyone jumped on the wagon. I just don't like it. It tingles my scumdar quite a bit.

Miteymouse even claimed he pointed it out earlier and stated he was watching kirby... yet he waits for 2 votes on kirby to vote him? That seems awfully scummy to me. Why didn't he vote earlier?
MiteyMouse
MiteyMouse
He's too nICe
MiteyMouse
He's too nICe
He's too nICe

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:35 am

Post by MiteyMouse »

I have been riding Kirby since he came into the game. Just because I didn't vote him does not mean that I wasn't questioning him...did you miss pages 9 and 10?
MiteyMouse
MiteyMouse
He's too nICe
MiteyMouse
He's too nICe
He's too nICe

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:35 am

Post by MiteyMouse »

Oh...MiteyMouse is a she!
Exalt
Exalt
Mafia Scum
Exalt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:35 am

Post by Exalt »

EBWOP: I misread things. Mitey voted second... I thought polm voted 2nd, but it was an FOS.

I still think something is up with what is going on. Miteymouse why didn't you make a case yourself? You waited for adam to vote before you jumped on it.... Something isn't right there at all.
Exalt
Exalt
Mafia Scum
Exalt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:37 am

Post by Exalt »

MiteyMouse wrote:I have been riding Kirby since he came into the game. Just because I didn't vote him does not mean that I wasn't questioning him...did you miss pages 9 and 10?
I've read the whole thread... but you haven't given a case yourself nor did you really scum hunt. You posted a suspicion, yet you waited til someone voted him and gave a case first? I just don't like it.
MiteyMouse
MiteyMouse
He's too nICe
MiteyMouse
He's too nICe
He's too nICe

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:51 am

Post by MiteyMouse »

Perhaps you are correct there but, I would think that me almost constantly questionning him was a sign. Real life did get in the way of posting here. Between work and stuff, my time here has been less that I would have liked it to be!
Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:56 am

Post by Pomegranate »

Exalt wrote:EBWOP: I misread things. Mitey voted second... I thought polm voted 2nd, but it was an FOS.
I didn't vote, I gave an FoS.
Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:57 am

Post by Pomegranate »

Wait, sorry...I get it now. :oops:
Pablo Molinero
Pablo Molinero
Goon
Pablo Molinero
Goon
Goon

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:58 am

Post by Pablo Molinero »

I see I’ve taken two FoS’s from Kirby and adam, and yet no vote. Isn’t that quaint. Kirby, your breakdown of my posts on 242 is laughable. You show that I had a weak reason to vote adam (for emoticons), and then can’t figure it out when I FoS Katy for agreeing with me on the weak reason (or so I thought at the time, Katy has since recanted and I remain mildly suspicious of her). What, does 2+2=fish in your world? Scumhunting, I was doing it.

This scumpairing idea Kirby/Pom/Exalt have in their heads, and I say this in EVERY game I am in, is pretty much total crap at least on Day 1. Once we have some flips, then you can go after scumpairs legitimately. Otherwise, it is just baseless speculation that I have seen before used to lynch a townie; it is a very bad route to go down. Not only that, but both me and adam have shown considerable suspicion of one another, but trying to push a lynch when you should know NO ONE’s alignment is illogical and scummy.

That said, Adam, you did yourself a few favors with 249. You got to break down the crap argument against me before I could get to it. Yes, I was not ever advocating a lurker lynch; at least someone reads my posts. I get the same vibe from you, pal, in your words: “soft buddy-up”. You agree with me on some things and disagree on others. Enough so that I don’t think you’re the right lynch at all, now.

Personally, I don’t see why more people don’t think that Kirby outright stating what he thinks is the setup is a complete disaster. It shows prior knowledge of the setup and while he backpedaled on it (of course he did!), his words are still out there in all their complete disaster.

You want me to contribute something? Ok, here it is...
adam is a Goon, and DB is a roleblocker (the lurking tells me that he has an extreme aversion to being lynched), which means we (town) have to have a role that he can block. Is Pablo a cop? Then he will investigate me tonight and get off my back. I have nothing to hide. Is Exalt a doctor? Then he can protect someone who needs to be protected (not necessarily me, but maybe Pom or Katy).
On top of role speculation: RBs and goons do not play any different in my experience, so it appears Kirby is just making crap up on the spot to make an argument. Yeah, that’s not scummy at all.

Pom better put up something significant, because so far I have been underwhelmed by her activity in the past days when the pressure is on for us to get somewhere.

Is DB still playing? Does he warrant a prod/replace at this point?
SAMMICHES SAMMICHES SAMMICHES
Kirbyoshi
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:49 am

Post by Kirbyoshi »

Pablo Molinero wrote:Personally, I don’t see why more people don’t think that Kirby outright stating what he thinks is the setup is a complete disaster. It shows prior knowledge of the setup and while he backpedaled on it (of course he did!), his words are still out there in all their complete disaster.
Yes, Pablo, it was an utter disaster, one that led to needless suspicion of me and something I didn't need to do. Sorry, I guess I kinda need to work on how far I'm pushed before I crack, because that's kinda what happened there. You complained because I wasn't posting anything of significance, so I posted what I thought might be the setup, and I assumed DB was RB since he was so darn lurky.

/asks everyones forgiveness for jumping to conclusions
Pablo Molinero wrote:On top of role speculation: RBs and goons do not play any different
in my experience
Once again, I'm sorry. I have no experience to draw from, so thank you for informing me.

And to answer adam's question: No, there really wasn't any point to it. I'm not even gonna lie and say I was fishing for reactions, because I wasn't (even though I might have gotten some interesting ones, lemme go reread and see...)

Also, ditto to what YDK said,
@mod: requesting vote count
Show
Kirbyoshi 2.0 records:
Town: 1-0

"I view myself as a turtle..."--Heilograph
"We were all noobs once...except Chuck Norris."--CHAOSDRAGON88
Kirbyoshi
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:19 pm

Post by Kirbyoshi »

Ok, so I reread the reactions to my mistake, and I found that there were three players who really sat up and took notice at it.

Katy: Completely a pro-town thing to do, especially when it doesn't concern you. You noticed a mistake, pointed it out, and kinda let that be the end of it.

Exalt: Your reaction kind of sparked a small-talk metagaming conversation about your past as being a doc. I said I didn't know if you were a doc this game, but this really made me believe you weren't.

Pablo: Out of these three, your reaction is the scummiest. You jumped all over me, voted for me, and you still just won't let it go. You seem to take pleasure in making others look like fools, and if people look like fools, a valid suspicion can be simply dismissed with a "haha n00b."

Another thing...
adamrights wrote:Also, claiming there's a doctor -- it seems like you might know the setup of this game…is that because you’re the scum and made a newbie slip up revealing that knowledge?
@anyone: Would scum know the full setup of the game, or only the scum setup?

Also, if I made the role-speculation mistake because I was scum, wouldn't I try to divert attention away from it?
Show
Kirbyoshi 2.0 records:

MiteyMouse
MiteyMouse
He's too nICe
MiteyMouse
He's too nICe
He's too nICe

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:10 pm

Post by MiteyMouse »

Oh great and glorious mod...can we gat a vote count please? I start handing out hugs for it!
adamrights
adamrights
Goon
adamrights
Goon
Goon

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:25 pm

Post by adamrights »

Kirbyoshi wrote: Yes, Pablo, it was an utter disaster, one that led to needless suspicion of me and something I didn't need to do. Sorry, I guess I kinda need to work on how far I'm pushed before I crack, because that's kinda what happened there. You complained because I wasn't posting anything of significance, so I posted what I thought might be the setup, and I assumed DB was RB since he was so darn lurky.
I just don't know if I believe this... "Pushed before I crack?" You really had little to no stress on you. It's a game too and your supposed to be attacked, challenged and respond with "things of significance". Although, if I can believe you felt under pressure that strengthens my thinking that you slipped up when you said RB. Though if you did make that mistake I'm guessing it had less to do with being under pressure and more to do with diverting attention/spreading misinformation.

Also, your tone in your last two posts has dramatically changed, which does make sense because your on the defensive, but it's noted.
Kirbyoshi wrote:@anyone: Would scum know the full setup of the game, or only the scum setup?

Also, if I made the role-speculation mistake because I was scum, wouldn't I try to divert attention away from it?
Your right, you would only know the scum setup. As for trying to divert attention, I think you'd do exactly what you did if you made that mistake.

You do seem really afraid to get lynched now, but that's a null-tell I'm guessing, especially on day 1.

For now my vote stays.

@DB & Pom: What do you think, opinions?
hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:55 pm

Post by hohum »

Official Vote Count:

adamrights(3): katy, Exalt, Kirbyoshi

Kirbyoshi(3): Pablo Molinero, adamrights, MiteyMouse
Pomegranate(1): Youdontknow
Youdontknow(1): Pomegranate

Not Voting(1): Deep Blue

As a reminder, deadline is friday.
Kirbyoshi
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:54 pm

Post by Kirbyoshi »

adamrights wrote:You do seem really afraid to get lynched now, but that's a null-tell I'm guessing, especially on day 1.
And I suppose you're completely ok with getting lynched? I mean, you did basically ask for people to vote for you.
Show
Kirbyoshi 2.0 records:

Kirbyoshi
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:58 pm

Post by Kirbyoshi »

[quote="Pablo Molinero]This scumpairing idea Kirby/Pom/Exalt have in their heads, and I say this in EVERY game I am in, is pretty much total crap at least on Day 1.[/quote]

I never said you were a scumpair, only that I was suspicious of you and VERY suspicious of adam. However, my suspicions could change, even though you have been pretty much chainsawing him since the beginning.

Also, I think it's kinda "quaint" that you poo-poo the FoS's and don't bother answering them.
Show
Kirbyoshi 2.0 records:

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”