Vino
Vino
Goon
Vino
Goon
Goon

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:59 am

Post by Vino »

Hidden players? How is that supposed to work?
Show
[url=http://www.calamityfuse.com/]Calamity Fuse, a multiplayer FPS/RPG[/url]
[url=http://www.blacksheepblues.com/]Black Sheep Blues, a community-reactive online graphic novel[/url]

Total prods: 1
Replaced out: 0
malthusis
malthusis
Mafia Scum
malthusis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:03 am

Post by malthusis »

Mod: If we try to lynch a player that isn't in this game, do we waste the day if it doesn't work?
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:27 am

Post by Kinetic »

Vino wrote:Hidden players? How is that supposed to work?
They are normally reserved for Mind Screw or Bastard Mod games, of which this isn't one, but generally the player was ont he sign up list (and then removed), and their name isn't on the player list during the game. Sometimes Tar specifically contacts someone to be the hidden player, sometimes they are mod-killed with out consequence (i.e. it doesn't end the day) and then snuck back in.

It all depends on the mood.

I feel we have under a 5% chance there is a hidden player in this or any of the Parallel games, at least currently. Look for suspicious deaths (like veerus in MSM3) or people leaving a game and not entering another for the possibility of someone becoming hidden mid-way through the game.
Large Theme List Mod Emeritus
On hiatus due to Real Life
malthusis
malthusis
Mafia Scum
malthusis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:18 am

Post by malthusis »

For examples of hidden townies, look at forbiddanlight in MS2 (she mysteriously died at the start of the game, and then talked through the mod) and MafiaSSK in MS3. (Also ironically, all 3 mods have been hidden in one Tar game or another :P )
Vino
Vino
Goon
Vino
Goon
Goon

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:27 am

Post by Vino »

This game is complicated enough without that crap.
Show
[url=http://www.blacksheepblues.com/]Black Sheep Blues, a community-reactive online graphic novel[/url]

malthusis
malthusis
Mafia Scum
malthusis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:29 am

Post by malthusis »

This game is complicated enough without that crap.
Lol, you do know what you were getting yourself into when you signed up for a Tar game, right? :D
Vino
Vino
Goon
Vino
Goon
Goon

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:37 am

Post by Vino »

What? I thought Tar games are supposed to come with tea and crumpets.
Show

Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:11 am

Post by Kinetic »

I'm starting to wonder why players from both other games (Mufasa and Chen) are pushing for "other game lynches". I'm wondering if it is a scum ploy....
malthusis
malthusis
Mafia Scum
malthusis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:21 pm

Post by malthusis »

malthusis wrote:
Mastin's case on you kenetic is quite nice.
What are your own opinions on Kinetic, Pyro?
I'd like an answer to my question, please.
Pyromaniac
Pyromaniac
Goon
Pyromaniac
Goon
Goon

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:24 pm

Post by Pyromaniac »

Kinetic wrote:Note about Benmage and DDD, the way that it is being handled in both games is remarkably different. In this game I have no problems letting Benmage slide for the time being, but in the other games multiple players have come out against any sort of sliding. Perhaps its is that what Benmage has revealed is greater than DDD and if the other games doesn't have that knowledge they can't draw the same conclusion, but it is something to notice.
They can read our game, you know.
Kenetic seems to have inner knowledge of the game. How does anyone know wether the role (if there is one(which there very probably is)) switches or adds?
Pyromaniac
Pyromaniac
Goon
Pyromaniac
Goon
Goon

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:33 pm

Post by Pyromaniac »

Benmage wrote:True claim:
Baru, Fist of Krosa
Safe claim:
Ib Halfheart, Goblin Tactician

No clue why. I fear someone probably has to kill my
safe claim
, and I’ve lost this game by being to open. Who knows.
ALERT ALERT
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:47 pm

Post by Kinetic »

Pyromaniac wrote:
Kinetic wrote:Note about Benmage and DDD, the way that it is being handled in both games is remarkably different. In this game I have no problems letting Benmage slide for the time being, but in the other games multiple players have come out against any sort of sliding. Perhaps its is that what Benmage has revealed is greater than DDD and if the other games doesn't have that knowledge they can't draw the same conclusion, but it is something to notice.
They can read our game, you know.
Kenetic seems to have inner knowledge of the game. How does anyone know wether the role (if there is one(which there very probably is)) switches or adds?
Really! OMG I didn't know that. (take palm, apply to forehead)

The point of that comment was to show that DDD is handling this whole situation a lot differently that Benmage, and the players in that game are reacted differently than we are to Benmage because of it.

If I had to choose, if all that is said is true, I'd believe DDD is the "scum mason" over Benmage.

As for my "inside knowledge", what are you talking about? Are you talking about some of the assumptions I've made, or my overall knowledge of mechanics and Tar games in general? Are you saying I've said I know that there is a switcher role (which I haven't)? I don't understand...

As for what I THINK, I think there is most likely a role of some sort that moves players to and from games. I never said that it "swaps players", but I suppose that could be a way such a role would work. The rules and a lot of the pre-information on the game said that some players might not be in the same game they started in. I'm pretty sure that is a blatant mod confirmation that such roles could exist.
Pyromaniac
Pyromaniac
Goon
Pyromaniac
Goon
Goon

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:55 pm

Post by Pyromaniac »

What do you think of 285? And when you were
directing the swapper, should such a role exist, role
you did not say "I think"
Pyromaniac
Pyromaniac
Goon
Pyromaniac
Goon
Goon

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:05 pm

Post by Pyromaniac »

Pyromaniac wrote:I don't buy into unbreakable alliance shit. It is worth noting that mufasa is very probably scum. He also wants to vig himself. O_o If mufasa flips scum then the rest of the alliance is probably clean and yos2 could be anything but is more likely to be scum. A mufasa lynch seems to get the most information.
WHat does fl's game think of this?
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:11 pm

Post by Kinetic »

Pyromaniac wrote:What do you think of 285? And when you were
directing the swapper, should such a role exist, role
you did not say "I think"
I don't need to say "I think" every time I speculate. It is obvious to anyone with multiple brain cells (which may not include you) that my comments were meant to only be valid if such a role exists.
Pyromaniac
Pyromaniac
Goon
Pyromaniac
Goon
Goon

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:15 pm

Post by Pyromaniac »

You were still directing the power role.
Pyromaniac
Pyromaniac
Goon
Pyromaniac
Goon
Goon

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:16 pm

Post by Pyromaniac »

Pyromaniac wrote:What do you think of 285?
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:20 pm

Post by Kinetic »

Pyromaniac wrote:You were still directing the power role.
My direction was "if you feel like it, go ahead, if not, no big deal" and "we should decide to let one game go first (in case there are multiple of this role) and not have both do it simultaneously".

It was nothing like "The vig should kill Pyro because he's scum" or "The doc should protect Kinetic because he is town", which is what you seem to be implying.

You are trying to do is make my actions look scummy out of context by using keywords (just like Mastin), when in fact what I did was make logical deductions and voiced them.

For that,
FOS: Pyro
, or the equivalent once the day restarts again.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:20 pm

Post by Kinetic »

Pyromaniac wrote:
Pyromaniac wrote:What do you think of 285?
I think you are pointing out again how you aren't reading and this was addressed earlier.
Pyromaniac
Pyromaniac
Goon
Pyromaniac
Goon
Goon

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:30 pm

Post by Pyromaniac »

Not in our game. At least not before page 7. And I don't remember anything about that past page 7.
veerus
veerus
Mafia Scum
veerus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:43 pm

Post by veerus »

Kinetic, keep in mind that this game was not fully designed by Tar so some of the usual assumptions may not apply even though I'm sure he had a hand in the design...
On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero.
-Fight Club
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:57 pm

Post by Kinetic »

veerus wrote:Kinetic, keep in mind that this game was not fully designed by Tar so some of the usual assumptions may not apply even though I'm sure he had a hand in the design...
I agree, that's one of the reasons I'm not really trying to hard break this game, and most of my assumptions have merely been observations.
Sajin
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:57 pm

Post by Sajin »

MafiaSSK wrote:
Magic the Gathering: Parallel Universe Mafia (Subgame 2: SSK's Setup)

In a place as large as the Blind Eternities, many different worlds can become entwined in a single destiny.

For instance, take the three planes that you now find yourselves in. Each is self-contained... but, as the planeswalkers know, there are ways to traverse the Blind Eternities... and the events of other planes can affect your own.

Especially when you're dealing with people - or other creatures - whose ambitions of conquest are not limited to a single world...

Since planeswalkers are such a HUGE flavor reason in the books it stands to reason that they are the ones that can cross planes. Yes planes, MafiaSSK in his flavor text even refers to these games as the "three planes that you now find youselves in". Crossing the games refers to "planeswalking" most likely.

Many planeswalkers that were found in the books were printed up as creature cards (the planeswalker type was not introduced until lorwyn which is after all 3 planes we are in Dominaria, Weatherlight, Kamigawa). If I had to hazard a guess about the setup, I would assume all roles are a creature card and in fact a legendary creature card (true so far for all claims and fake claims). The ones that can cross the planes are likely roles of cards based on planeswalkers from the books.
"Against logic there is no armor like ignorance."
Mastin
Mastin
She/Her
Unabridged
Mastin
She/Her
Unabridged
Unabridged
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:21 pm

Post by Mastin »

Kin, Pyro's town. I'm agreeing with him, and don't like you tying him to me.

Also dislike veer's post addressing Kin.

Spy+Zito are obv. Town, Yos2 is obv. scum.

Zakeri wrote:It can either go through, and we waste our lynch not furthering our own game's goals which basically leaves us with a no lynch, or it doesn't go through and we no lynch by default.
Anyone else find this super-scummy?
I'm back! Well, kind-of.
No Access on Weekends
. :/
Advid reader/contributor to MD, as I'm far better in theory than I am in reality. :P

True to my word, I'm retiring. Totally not me. :P
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:33 pm

Post by Kinetic »

Mastin wrote:Kin, Pyro's town. I'm agreeing with him, and don't like you tying him to me.
Two issues here.

1) If he is town, then you should have no problem tying yourself to him.

2) I didn't tie you two together by way of I thought you were both scum, or similar alignment.

I mentioned you becase you've both taken the expedite route of noting certain "keywords" which sound scummy out of context but without actually explaining why in this case they would be scummy, or are even scummy in general.

You see, what you are doing is not scum hunting. It is the same as when someone makes an argument, and the other person picks their argument apart with "logical fallacies". Yes, technically the argument may have had some flaws, but when you magnify small parts of something, you miss the big picture and the actual message of the post, which is more important.

I'm starting to chafe at this collar you're trying to put on me. You've not actually posted anything that actually makes a case against me, but players like Pyro have stated they "like the case". All you've done is quoted some text and sprouted some keywords.

So, here is the question, and if you (or Pyro) can answer it, then you may actually be on the way to making a case:

Why, in this case and context, is said keyword indicative that I (or anyone else, if you wish to apply it to another case) am scum.

Until you can answer that question, any more keyword sprouting is merely posturing, and I'll be forced to believe you are scum merely trying to make a case out of cards.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”