charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #1050 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2009 5:56 pm

Post by charter »

It seems like it would have been much smarter for scum to kill you off earlier than let you live for three nights to get one mislynch when it isn't even LYLO.

Korts could have sent his ability to scum, in which case I doubt they would admit to getting it. (which is what I'm betting happened)
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1051 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:32 am

Post by Seraphim »

I consider a roleblocker at this point almost impossible. Consider back when I had my one-shot vig kill...why was that not blocked? There were three people on that list and two of them are still alive and are possible scum. Kison, your conspiracy theory of being set up in LYOL seems like a far-fetched grasping at straws.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #1052 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:40 am

Post by charter »

Request prod on ekiM and Howard
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1053 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:01 am

Post by Seraphim »

charter, don't you think it fits into the game's theme of defying normal Mafia expectations to have a Mafia cop with a town back-up?
hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #1054 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:03 am

Post by hohum »

charter wrote:
Request prod on ekiM and Howard
pordding ekiM and Howard
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #1055 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:38 am

Post by charter »

Seraphim wrote:charter, don't you think it fits into the game's theme of defying normal Mafia expectations to have a Mafia cop with a town back-up?
I suppose. I'm voting for Kison, so I think it fits.
ekiM
ekiM
Mafia Scum
ekiM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1056 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:24 am

Post by ekiM »

Hi, been busy this weekend.

I only see two reasons why Kison would still be alive: because he's scum or because the last scum doesn't fear his investigation. Presumably because they're a Godfather.

I will go back and look at the Italian interactions and events to see which looks more likely. I do think a team of Godfather, Cop, and Doctor is a lot more thematically plausible than two Godfathers and a Doctor. "Corrupt city government" kind of deal.

The roleblocker story seems fishy. Wouldn't they have used it much before? Unless it's some kind of scum JoAT, hmm.

I wonder at the speed of the votes today, before everyone even checked in, but I guess it's highly unlikely that we're somehow in LYLO.

More in-depth analysis later. We do have nearly 2 weeks today so we have a bit of breathing room.
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1057 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:39 am

Post by Seraphim »

Godfather: If Cop-investigated you appear pro-town. If Gunsmith-investigated you seem not to have a gun.
As far as powers go, the only reason his investigation would have "failed" would be if he was roleblocked.
ekiM
ekiM
Mafia Scum
ekiM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1058 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:51 am

Post by ekiM »

Oh, duh. So if he's telling the truth then the last scum must have roleblocking powers somehow, but not have been using them on him until now. That doesn't strike me as very likely.

Hmm, let's try and draw some conclusions about things. First of all, I think it's pretty much certain we have only one scum left, and he is Italian. Anything else makes no damn sense at all, balance wise. If I'm wrong here and we're in LYLO then I'll feel pretty dumb, but I don't think I am.

Kison reported an innocent on Howard. For Howard to be scum, Howard would have to be a Godfather AND have an ability to roleblock somehow. That would be very weird (Doc, Godfather, Godfather+Roleblocker hybrid? Really? Or the mafia have a final chance roleblock?).Throwing that one out via Occam's razor. Howard is probably not scum. I wish he would show up and contribute though.

For charter to be scum he would have to have a roleblock power and have been willing to let Kison live this far. I don't see why he would do that. He was a plausible target for investigation, especially on the night when Lowell got shot by Sera. (If scum had a roleblock why didn't they roleblock tubby and shoot the cop way back when?) (Nice how two "cop investigations" went to people who died that night...). I haven't been liking charter's play these last few whatevers but I don't see why he would risk living Kison alive this far. I think this logic also rules me out as scum.

For Seraphim to be scum he would have access to a roleblock, and have been put in the Lower 'hood, and be some kind of multitasker or have a free action (there were 2 shots on the night he shot lowell [I think they would've mentioned if the kill was free, because it would make each other's claims to have no active powers HIGHLY suspect]). (Cop considerations being ignored here because we collectively pseudo-confirmed X and Sera so they weren't at risk of investgation. that turned out well...). Why put an italian mafia member in a 'hood where they have to play an elaborate game to get a 1-shot vig, when russians get 2 for nothing? Also, X only reported being shot one night, late on. I think we can believe if Sera is scum X would've been shot at earlier (although this would explain the lack of an Italian NK on N1??? but why would X lie then, just to screw us over? actually he should've reported being shot when he was alive, to DAMN sera, and get himself an extra kill, I don't see why he wouldn't do that). I think Sera is town too.

Which leaves Kison. I thought his explanations were good earlier, but I can't really see how this all fits together if the scum is anyone other than him.

Kison, you've barely posted today. What is your theory for who is scum then?
HowardRoark
HowardRoark
Goon
HowardRoark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1059 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:34 am

Post by HowardRoark »

(Sorry, but I was moved earlier -- and with more complications -- than expected.)

@charter: yesterday's analysis of you as to show how little you have done and what little you have said has been accusations without reasons. There is also the very definite thoughts on inHimshallibe, but no vote for him. Now you have voted Kison with Seraphim. What about your thoughts yesterday concerning ekiM?

I agree that this sudden block is beyond explanation.
Kison (1049) wrote:This will be a town lynch, and we'll only one more fuckup after this.
Then how about doing a little scum hunting? Neither Caboose nor you have done a whole lot of that.

(I hope to be able to add more tonight, but I am attempting to catch up on my other games as well.)
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #1060 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:51 am

Post by charter »

I don't generally spell out my cases, including that with inHim. I never voted him because there were too many others that needed lynching asap.

Yesterday I thought ekiM was the scummiest, so I was voting him.
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #1061 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:55 am

Post by Kison »

HowardRoark wrote:
Kison (1049) wrote:This will be a town lynch, and we'll only one more fuckup after this.
Then how about doing a little scum hunting? Neither Caboose nor you have done a whole lot of that.
What are you talking about? I've been contributing plenty since I replaced into the game, with the exception of the past few days.

From my perspective, the scum is already found. charter and ekiM are the only two players I feel have a realistic shot at being scum. I have an innocent result on you, and I stand by what I said about Seraphim. With two lynches left, and my neck on the line, the best thing I can do is avoid having one of those lynches wasted on me.
ekiM wrote:Kison, you've barely posted today. What is your theory for who is scum then?
The scum is almost certainly one of you and charter. In my opinion, as far as likelihood goes, I would choose charter over you, considering he did not jump at the opportunity to go with a no-lynch yesterday(in fact I recall him trying to push for a lynch instead), whereas you jumped at the opportunity.
ekiM wrote:The roleblocker story seems fishy. Wouldn't they have used it much before? Unless it's some kind of scum JoAT, hmm.
This is possible, but if the roleblocking was one-shot then it still does not explain where Korts' gift went.

Also,
Vote: Charter
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1062 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:23 am

Post by Seraphim »

Perhaps Korts did not get a chance to use his gift?

I do not believe that charter is scum. If you flip town today, I am willing to consider it. However, it's been nagging me that you aren't dead yet. It just doesn't make sense. I'm willing to risk the cop to end my nagging suspicions.
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1063 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:33 pm

Post by Seraphim »

I'll be completely honest, is there anything else anyone wants to say? If so, please do so...discussion is lagging because almost everyone has decided on Kison's guilt.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #1064 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:51 pm

Post by charter »

I've got nothing else to say.
hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #1065 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:04 pm

Post by hohum »

Official Vote Count:

Kison(2): Seraphim, charter
charter(1): Kison

Not Voting: HowardRoark, ekiM

Kison, ekiM and HowardRoark have all just been preemptively prodded
ekiM
ekiM
Mafia Scum
ekiM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1066 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:53 am

Post by ekiM »

I think the simplest explanation is that Kison is scum. I think the only thing that wouldn't lead me to vote for him today would be if he could come up with some more plausible explanation for how things have gone down. He doesn't seem to be interested in posting though.

I'll give it a couple of days so Kison or HR can say anything they might want to say, then I'll hammer.
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1067 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:47 am

Post by Seraphim »

I definitely want to hear more from HR. He has barely posted at all today(Day 7, not today today)
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #1068 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2009 2:27 am

Post by Kison »

Sorry, folks, my hard drive has died and I've been spending the past few days attempting to revive it.

ekiM, I can't think of anything else that would indicate that a roleblocker exists. I know I was blocked and I strongly believe that Korts was as well. I don't buy the bogus 'he didn't get around to giving a gift out' fairy tale because he specifically mentioned yesteray(game day) that he had forgotten to submit his night action the night before, even though he intended to. I think it's fairly easy to infer that he intended to do so again, so unless he forgot about it
a second time
, he was prevented from giving that ability out.

It's also important to note that the only person who died that night, besides Korts, was Lowell, who would have been a tragically terrible candidate as a recipient of the gift.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #1069 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:48 am

Post by charter »

Still nothing else to say.
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1070 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:53 pm

Post by Seraphim »

I have nothing else to say either.
ekiM
ekiM
Mafia Scum
ekiM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1071 (ISO) » Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:28 am

Post by ekiM »

I would like to hear from HR...

Kison, why did you investigate Lowell? Wasn't it pretty likely he would be the vigged? I was expecting an investigation on one of me or charter.

Why wouldn't you have been shot that night? Why was Tajo killed instead of you? Why was Spyrex shot over you? If there was a roleblocker why didn't they block tubby and kill you then? So many nights of you not dying while being a claimed cop, with so many scum kills still floating around. The only reason I see is if there was a GF+RB combo in the Italian team, and that just seems very far-fetched.

Why the investigations on tubby and lowell? "Oh, I got an innocent on the guy who died" not once but twice smells bad.

Caboose's early game play would make more sense as town cop than scum cop, but maybe he was just not playing optimally. Or relying on his Doctor. Who then died. And then he announced himself as cop, painting a target on himself... but never got taken down? Huh? Confusing...

Charter, why did you push for a lynch instead of NL yesterday? Why was that better?

I guess X, as SK, would've tried to kill Seraphim once. So he must have NK immunity and be telling the truth? If he's a roleblocker scum I am not going to be amused.

HO hum.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #1072 (ISO) » Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:34 am

Post by charter »

Well, I still think you're pretty scummy. I believe yesterday I was thinking that lynching sooner would narrow down the potential investigation targets and that it would increase the chances of us getting another successful cop investigation.

Today all other scumhunting has flown out the window with this roleblocker nonsense.
TDC
TDC
Mafia Scum
TDC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1073 (ISO) » Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:20 am

Post by TDC »

Searching replacement for HowardRoark.
Will leave again tomorrow.
ekiM
ekiM