Mafia 96 - Murder in Emerald City (Game Over!)

Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #2000 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:53 am

Post by Xylthixlm »

curiouskarmadog wrote:are you saying you didnt?
If I did, quote it.

PREVIEW EDIT: Congratulations. You found a quote of me saying Lowell is not a good lynch because he's
less likely to be scum
. Which is nothing at all like "he is VER SO WE SHOULDNT LYNCH HIM". You are blatantly misrepresenting my position.
curiouskarmadog wrote:check out my wiki page
I'm giving you the chance to pick the game which will demonstrate your point the best. If you don't want to, I'll just pick one randomly.
curiouskarmadog wrote:now that I am calling you on shit...you are attempting to discredit me....
Yeah, you don't get much credit. After all, you know from Frogs Mafia that I this is how I play as town, but you're still attacking me for it, and attacking the same way you attacked me when you were scum.
#mafia@irc.globalgamers.net

"Xyl was completely berserk" -dramonic
"Xyl's ruthless policy lynching won the game." -Vi
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #2001 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:02 am

Post by Xylthixlm »

"It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends upon his not understanding it." - Upton Sinclair

Substitute "win condition" for "salary" and you have a perfect explanation for curiouskarmadog's amazing failure of reading comprehension. He did this in Frogs Mafia, too.

I'd be up for a curiouskarmadog lynch if anyone wants one.

curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #2002 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:54 pm

Post by curiouskarmadog »

you and semantics again....let everyone read it..

curiouskarmadog wrote:
curiouskarmadog wrote:
Xylthixlm wrote:
If Lowell is the last Cerulean
, and is a neighbor, that would give the Ceruleans three power roles (doctor, roleblocker, neighbor). That's not impossible, but
it's a little unlikely
That lowers my estimate of the likelihood that Lowell is scum enough to make me want to look elsewhere today.
Xylthixlm wrote:
Hayker wrote:
/vote:Lowell

Sorry Lowell, ut I'm convinced that you are scum.
Even if you're convinced he's scum, if he is
he's almost certainly Cerulean
If that's the case then lynching him today is
bad
Not as bad as lynching a townie, but still bad.
for the record, is lowell "unlikely to be cerulean" or "almost certianly Cerulean" In both posts, you feel that Lowell is not a good lynch...so please dont act like you didnt say it

funny how you dont post your quote with you semantics defense. I will do it again for you,

first quote bolded.

first post you say that it is "unlikely" that Lowell is Cer, and "that lowers my estimate that Lowell is scum". If he is not Cer, he fucking must be Ver....and that lowers your estimate that he is scum., thus you dont want to lynch him. I am not misreresenting anything....are you trying to say now, that you werent trying to indicate that Lowell is ver in this post?

second quote bolded.

you say he is most "certianly Cer"...and "that lynch would be bad"..

If you think he is scum of any variety, why is it a bad lynch? How is it protown to lead people away from a lynch of someone YOU THINK IS SCUM?

the facts are, you are going out of your way to avoid lynching Lowell. And your reasoning is shit. I have caught you talking out of both sides of your mouth and now you back pedaling AGAIN, and now all you can do if talk about old games not this one....

==

fine, crackers mafia reminds me a lot of this one....I was town lynched day one but that day took forever and I was attacked for being aggressive and being overreactive....

interested to hear your thoughts about that game

==

"I'd be up for a curiouskarmadog lynch if anyone wants one."

going to go ahead and bold this just in case your scum buddies missed this direction. pretty sure Xyl is Ver...and I am pretty sure I know why rofl was offed now.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #2003 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:33 pm

Post by SpyreX »

I'm seeing the AHAH! but I'm not seeing the conclusion.

What scum scenario are you looking at CKD?

The ONLY one that would make sense as a scum move would be Lowell / Xyl as partners - but even then why in the hell would you start a bus and then jump off of it in a cloud of smoke?
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #2004 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:04 pm

Post by Xylthixlm »

SpyreX, go look at Frog Mafia and do an iso read of ckd. Specifically look for loaded questions and accusations of "backtracking". Look familiar? This is ckd's scum playbook.

SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #2005 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:06 pm

Post by SpyreX »

I'm not gonna meta. Not my style yo'.

However, I do want an answer. What is the connection?
Show

Proud member of BaM
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #2006 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:09 pm

Post by Xylthixlm »

Ckd, NO I was not saying he must be vermillion. I was saying that I don't think he's as likely to be cerulean therefore he's less likely to be scum AT ALL. This is plain as day. YOU are adding the assumption that I think Lowell is some sort of scum despite it being DIRECTLY CONTRADICTED BY THE POST.

Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #2007 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:22 pm

Post by Xylthixlm »

SpyreX wrote:I'm not gonna meta. Not my style yo'.

However, I do want an answer. What is the connection?
If you're not going to meta, just look for misrepresentations, loaded questions, and trying to paint changes of opinion as "backtracking", together with shouting "he's so obv scum!" for reasons backed by the first three.

curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #2008 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:23 pm

SpyreX wrote:I'm seeing the AHAH! but I'm not seeing the conclusion.

What scum scenario are you looking at CKD?

The ONLY one that would make sense as a scum move would be Lowell / Xyl as partners - but even then why in the hell would you start a bus and then jump off of it in a cloud of smoke?
It is all WIFOM, who knows why scum do what they do. If they are partners, his jumping off HAS stopped the wagon(but I think that is unlikely). I believe that Xyl either thinks or knows Lowell is scum, what I cant figure out is why he jumped off the wagon. I think that Xyl is Ver and Lowell is Cer….there are a lot of semi-confirmed roles still floating around and I think it occurred to Xyl that the other mafia group is needed for Ver to attempt to win this. I think all Xyl knows is that Lowell is not scum with him. IF Lowell is town, Xyl looks good for jumping off. IF Lowell is Cer, then XylVer wont be faulted. Why not jump off? Get the ball rolling the start attacking someone else. If the Lowell wagons goes bad for us, he is not to fault because he jumped off, maybe even earning himself some town creds. I don’t think they are partners together, given his actions, but who knows…again the WIFOM goes round and round.

Xyl’s interaction and reaction to my questions are bizarre and I do feel he is back pedaling. His suspicions are vague and it is extremely hard to pin him to anything for he wiggles out.

All that being said, there is still some doubt that Xyl is scum, thus why my vote is still on Lowell. I think a ton of information (and I believe will help us) can be obtained from Lowell’s lynch. If Lowell flips Ver, I think it might clear Xyl in a backwards way. I cant see XylVer jumping off a Lowellver wagon that way. If lowell flips Cer, we eliminate a killing group tonight. Anyone who pushes not trying to lynch Cer today in hopes of a crosskill, is pushing a fucking huge pile of shit.

==

Hey Xyl don’t yell at people for not meta-ing if you are not going to do it, any reason you are not checking up on my games like you said you were? Again, you are trying to discredit me by pushing lies, but you never really checked did you?

From Mafia 86, 3rd game down on my wiki page (really easy to find)…I was town…
67th post
“LOL....no i caught you in a lie because you were scared to answer a question....now you are trying to backtrack....”

70th post
“Emp did not contradict himself, he avoided a question, lied, back tracked, and then insulted...immature scum getting caught, nothing more.”

75th post
“given his lie, avoided questions, and backtrack...his avoidance of the BA case and bullshit attack on me, I am sure he is scum.”

There is more, do you want to see?
Xylthixlm wrote:Ckd, NO I was not saying he must be vermillion. I was saying that I don't think he's as likely to be cerulean therefore he's less likely to be scum AT ALL. This is plain as day. YOU are adding the assumption that I think Lowell is some sort of scum despite it being DIRECTLY CONTRADICTED BY THE POST.
That is the problem with you, i dont know what you are saying. lets clear if up then. You are being very vague and I want a straight answer you can not back out of.

When did you think Lowell was scum?
When did you stop thinking Lowell is scum and why?
What brand (ver or Cer) did you think he was and when.

please try to avoid terms like "more likely"..I want a concrete answer today.

also, since we had this interaction, can you please post some updated %s, because you want us to believe you think they are helpful, I for one am curious how they have changed now.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #2009 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:28 pm

Post by SpyreX »

This is not a case of WIFOM - unless you are making the argument that town and scum would both get a case of what in the hell from this maneuver.

I somehow smelled that would be the answer you'd give and I hath not be impressed.
Show

Proud member of BaM
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #2010 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2009 5:21 pm

interesting phrasing.

so you agree it is a maneuver?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #2011 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2009 5:23 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Are you trying to play semantics with me?

Of course its a "maneuver". I see it thus far as town trying to find scum.

I'm asking what the scum motivation for said maneuver would be.
Show

Proud member of BaM
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #2012 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2009 5:29 pm

I stated what it could be...I dont know what it is. this isnt a case...it is a discrepancy I have issue with..

I also stated that I have issue with Xyl being scum (because it doesnt makes sense)...I think Lowell is the best lynch today...my main problem with Xyl is, I dont understand where is rapid change of heart came from...when I start questioning him he gets slippery. Hoping he answers my questions with concrete answers..today, versus tomorrow..or later in the game.

now another problem I have with him is he is pushing a meta, that he hasnt even really looked into....is that scum hunting, scum trying to discredit when the heat is turned on, or townie tunnel vision....not sure yet.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #2013 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2009 5:35 pm

one last issue I have a problem with...the back track on stance....When I read "maybe town" "maybe not town", I took that as a scum/town list....but (and he has proven this) it really is meaningless, because he just backs out of the stances USING semantics. I want concrete stances from him....I want concrete answers from him...things he cant back away from.

for example.

I think Lowell is scum

I think KK is town.

I think that Wick/Hay are town, but the fact scum didnt value them as a threat bothers me (already stated).
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #2014 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:41 pm

Post by Xylthixlm »

curiouskarmadog wrote:please try to avoid terms like "more likely"..I want a concrete answer today.
You're not going to get it. I approach the game in terms of probabilities and likelihoods. I never rule scenarios out, I just change my estimates. So, if you ask what I was thinking, you're going to get a lot of "more likely" and "probably", because
that's what I was thinking
curiouskarmadog wrote:When did you think Lowell was scum?
When did you stop thinking Lowell is scum and why?
What brand (ver or Cer) did you think he was and when.
I thought Lowell had a decent (around 50%) chance of being scum when I started the wagon on him. When the wagon reached L-1, and Lowell claimed, I unvoted then took a hard think and realized that Lowell didn't really make sense for
either
kind of scum. So I didn't revote.

I am historically pretty bad at guessing scumteams, but since you asked so sweetly and nicely I'll do some. I was guessing that we had 1 Cerulean and 2 Vermillion left. In that scenario, Lowell would be unlikely to be Cerulean; that would give the scumteams a power role imbalance. So if he was scum, he was probably Vermillion. After the wagon formed, and
every single other player I thought likely to be scum
was on Lowell, I decided that Lowell as Vermillion was unlikely too; it's a stupid place to bus. Thus, he was probably town. Since then, the 1 Cerulean and 3 Vermillion scenario, which I was considering fairly unlikely, has gotten (relatively) more likely. In that scenario Lowell is probably Cerulean, with three Cerulean power roles balancing four Vermillion goons.
curiouskarmadog wrote:one last issue I have a problem with...the back track on stance....When I read "maybe town" "maybe not town", I took that as a scum/town list
It wasn't a scum/town list. It was a town/unsure/scum list with
nobody in the scum category
. The first group is the people who I was reasonably sure were town ("town"). The second group is the people who I was
not
reasonably sure were town ("maybe not town"). There was nobody who I was reasonably sure was scum, thus, no third group. Really, I am utterly failing to see why you are having trouble with this.

Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #2015 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:48 pm

Post by Xylthixlm »

curiouskarmadog wrote:I'm giving you the chance to pick the game which will demonstrate your point the best. If you don't want to, I'll just pick one randomly.
curiouskarmadog wrote:Hey Xyl don’t yell at people for not meta-ing if you are not going to do it, any reason you are not checking up on my games like you said you were? Again, you are trying to discredit me by pushing lies, but you never really checked did you?
I was trying to be totally fair to you by waiting for your answer to my question about which game I should look at. I guess the answer is Mafia 86, looking now.

Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #2016 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:50 pm

Post by Xylthixlm »

First thing I notice, immediately, is that the person you are attacking in those quotes of yours ("Empking") is town. So, after two games of accusing someone of being scummy for "backtracking" and having them come up town, you haven't learned anything? Noted.

Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #2017 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:57 pm

Post by Xylthixlm »

curiouskarmadog in Mafia 86 wrote: I dont want to misquote you or assume you are saying something you are not
Funny, I'm not seeing that attitude here. You just assume I'm saying something I'm not and immediately start attacking over it. Why the difference?

Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #2018 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:15 pm

Post by Xylthixlm »

Hmm. I'm past the bit where the fight with Empking is. I was looking for loaded questions but didn't really see any, the closest I found was this:
curiouskarmadog in Mafia 86 wrote:so there is a blatant connection between Stef and BA....Stef (like you) attacked me yesterday for my hammer, without knowing Pop's alignment. BA throws up shitty logic in attempt to "partially clear" Stef today...but you think I AM more worthy of a vote than BA?

care to explain why?
But the person he's questioning
did
just change vote to CKD, so there's no question about the truth of the premise.

Compare to this game:
curiouskarmadog wrote:you are back tracking and contradicting to the extreme yourself to avoid this lynch, why?
This is the logical fallacy of the loaded question: a question which can't be answered without implicitly accepting a false premise.

Now compare to Frogs Mafia, where curiouskarmadog was scum:
curiouskarmadog wrote:keep trying buddy...or are you going back to the "it wasnt 100% fool proof" back pedal?
curiouskarmadog wrote:do you usually misrepresent facts in other games?
CKD seems to be very fond of using loaded questions when he's scum.

CKD, care to explain your use of loaded questions here? Or better yet, find a case of your using this particular logical fallacy as town, so we can compare.

Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #2019 (ISO) » Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:39 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

I'll get around to this. Been home for about 3 hours and have to leave in 7 hours. Need some sleep. Yes, it's just past 10:30 in the morning.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2020 (ISO) » Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:16 am

Post by Lowell »

RL a bear right now (taking a new job), give me until Wednesday, please, to catch up.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2021 (ISO) » Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:42 am

Post by iamausername »

-=Vote Count #57=-

Lowell (5) - curiouskarmadog, SerialClergyman, SpyreX, Faraday, Hayker
SerialClergyman (2) - Kmd4390, Xylthixlm
SpyreX (1) - Lowell

Not Voting (2) - Kublai Khan, Wickedestjr

6 to lynch.
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2022 (ISO) » Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:39 pm

Post by Wickedestjr »

Xylthixlm wrote:Current working hypothesis: SerialClergyman and Faraday are Vermillion together. I'm unsure whether curiouskarmadog is Cerulean, or whether Lowell is Cerulean and curiouskarmadog is Vermillion. In either case Lowell is not the best lynch.
I doubt he's Cerulean, he pushed for the Mastin lynch day one even after Mastin claimed.

CKD wrote:also, since we had this interaction, can you please post some updated %s, because you want us to believe you think they are helpful, I for one am curious how they have changed now
Why? And correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't you say that the percentages meant nothing to you?

Xyl wrote:First thing I notice, immediately, is that the person you are attacking in those quotes of yours ("Empking") is town. So, after two games of accusing someone of being scummy for "backtracking" and having them come up town, you haven't learned anything? Noted.
How is this game different from the fourth or fifth game that CKD has done this?

Vote: Xyl

The last page, I have gotten a scum read on him.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. -Wayne Gretzky"
-Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2023 (ISO) » Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:41 pm

Post by Wickedestjr »

Mod: Can you please prod Kublai Khan? Thanks!
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. -Wayne Gretzky"
-Wickedestjr
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #2024 (ISO) » Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:01 am

(got a busy week, look for a post on Friday)

in reference to this game...

will answer Xyl posts then....but have a feeling he will keep avoiding my points by bringing up old games...once I demostrate that I do something as town, he tries to find something else...Xyl, when i demostrate that I always ask what you call "loaded" questions as town or scum, what are you going to say?...(oh know, another "loaded" question you will avoid).. Xyl you cant avoid the truth of the question by calling it loaded...

wicked, in reference to %s, I was trying to prove a point (but cant since he isnt posting them)...they are meaningless...I imagine they have changed because again because of our interaction. Since I was at 50% (out of 300%???, who the fuck knows) it gives him room to change without looking OMGUSy.

I agree that this newest attack from Xyl looks scummy (selective meta-ing "case" without a vote), but I still think Lowell is the way to go today.....anyone want to wager if/when Lowell posts, his vote will be on me?

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”