Pyromaniac
Pyromaniac
Goon
Pyromaniac
Goon
Goon

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2009 5:44 am

Post by Pyromaniac »

What makes you think that you should play this role different then a survivor, since you evidently think the subgames are going to merge?
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2009 5:45 am

Post by Benmage »

Pyromaniac wrote:What makes you think that you should play this role different then a survivor, since you evidently think the subgames are going to merge?
Me?
Pyromaniac
Pyromaniac
Goon
Pyromaniac
Goon
Goon

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2009 5:50 am

Post by Pyromaniac »

Benmage wrote:
Pyromaniac wrote:What makes you think that you should play this role different then a survivor, since you evidently think the subgames are going to merge?
Me?
No the other claimed survivor love- yes you.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2009 5:51 am

Post by Benmage »

Pyromaniac wrote:
Benmage wrote:
Me?
:P . Are you saying a survivor that is a separate entity than the town? As in my scenario?
Pyromaniac
Pyromaniac
Goon
Pyromaniac
Goon
Goon

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2009 5:56 am

Post by Pyromaniac »

Benmage wrote:
Pyromaniac wrote:
Benmage wrote:
Me?
:P . Are you saying a survivor that is a separate entity than the town? As in my scenario?
No. I am saying that you are not playing this like a survivor. Which, if you think the subgames will merge, you should be.
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2009 6:50 am

Post by Kairyuu »

Mmk. Well, my number of games dropped from 4 to 2 rather swiftly, so after I go V/LA for today and tomorrow I should be back and posting with full regularity.
Because, no matter how you dress it up, that's what the world is. A community of idiots doing a series of things until the world explodes and we all die.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:06 am

Post by Benmage »

Pyromaniac wrote:
Benmage wrote:
Pyromaniac wrote:
Benmage wrote:
Me?
No. I am saying that you are not playing this like a survivor. Which, if you think the subgames will merge, you should be.
How am I not playing this in survivor mode. I just told everyone it is useless/not in their best interests to either kill me or lynch me. Hence letting me sit idly to endgame could be a logical course. I'd much rather be moved or shifted to FL's game or have DDD brought here and just fulfill my WC asap.

With sub-games merging.. Whose to know if this is the case. I suppose it makes sense seeing as I don't lose if another factions wins. So if a different faction winning doesn't end the game..or end my game I don't really know what's going to happen. Its to much speculation, and it's not really necessary.
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:16 am

Post by Tarhalindur »

Benmage has received an Official Warning for Rule 0 violation for post 74 (Jackassery - Attempting to Use Structure of Role PM for Advantage) for mentioning a possible Artifact in his role PM. I neither confirm nor deny that role PMs could include Artifact cards. - Tar
User out of ambit.

Error 404: Sanity Not Found
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:19 am

Post by Kinetic »

Pyro, curious, who do you think is most likely to be scum pushing your wagon (if you are town).
Large Theme List Mod Emeritus
On hiatus due to Real Life
veerus
veerus
Mafia Scum
veerus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:41 am

Post by veerus »

Does SSK's game have a cross-starred lover? If all three games are symmetrical, it'd stand to reason that there should be..
On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero.
-Fight Club
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:43 am

Post by Seraphim »

Veerus...so far all your questions have about Benmage and a cross-starred lover in the other game. Hasn't anything else attracted your attention? What do you think of Pyromaniac?
Sajin
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:48 am

Post by Sajin »

@Seraphim- Please respond to the last post directed at you.

@Yos- I seem to recall you saying something along the lines of "If someone claims neutral the right move is to lynch them, always" from the last game we played together. Why is your opinion now different?
"Against logic there is no armor like ignorance."
Pyromaniac
Pyromaniac
Goon
Pyromaniac
Goon
Goon

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:48 am

Post by Pyromaniac »

Benmage wrote:
Pyromaniac wrote:
Benmage wrote:
Pyromaniac wrote:
Benmage wrote:
Me?
How am I not playing this in survivor mode. I just told everyone it is useless/not in their best interests to either kill me or lynch me. Hence letting me sit idly to endgame could be a logical course. I'd much rather be moved or shifted to FL's game or have DDD brought here and just fulfill my WC asap.

With sub-games merging.. Whose to know if this is the case. I suppose it makes sense seeing as I don't lose if another factions wins. So if a different faction winning doesn't end the game..or end my game I don't really know what's going to happen. Its to much speculation, and it's not really necessary.
If all survivors claimed like this, what do you think would happen? Scum would claim survivor. So, the new correct thing to do when someone claims survivor would be to lynch them. So no, you are not playing like a survivor. This does not mean you are not one, however.
Mastin's case on you kenetic is quite nice.
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:52 am

Post by Seraphim »

Sajin wrote:Actually Seraphim, I am not sure how familiar with magic cards you are but several cards have a comma in the title.
For instance: http://magiccards.info/ts/en/83.html
http://magiccards.info/fut/en/46.html

Notice how the actual card name has a surtitle?
Yeah, I did notice that and realized that looking at my own role PM.

I was trying to trap Pyro...I'm not afraid to admit. I wanted to see if he would try to fill something in to make his role PM more like the sample. But he didn't. Oh well.
veerus
veerus
Mafia Scum
veerus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:00 am

Post by veerus »

Seraphim wrote:Veerus...so far all your questions have about Benmage and a cross-starred lover in the other game. Hasn't anything else attracted your attention? What do you think of Pyromaniac?
I've also said that Pyro looks scummy but that I do not want to end the day just yet. I still stand by that. His claim doesn't make any sense to me. Unrecruitable townie implies possibility to recruit and to the best of my knowledge (and I admit I'm not familiar with some of the newer sets), there aren't a lot of cards that take physical control of the opponent's cards except the early control magics.
On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero.
-Fight Club
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:13 am

Post by Benmage »

Pyromaniac wrote:
Benmage wrote:
Pyromaniac wrote:
Benmage wrote:
Pyromaniac wrote:
Benmage wrote:
Me?

If all survivors claimed like this, what do you think would happen? Scum would claim survivor. So, the new correct thing to do when someone claims survivor would be to lynch them. So no, you are not playing like a survivor. This does not mean you are not one, however.
If they all claimed what??Partners with someone from another game. That takes two. Its quite the gamble. Many from the other game want to see DDD killed asap. I don't see scum opening the game taking a gamble the way we did. But whatever its all at your guys discretion. If I saw someone like this go down....I'd believe me, but I wouldn't let me see endgame, or would be really uncomfortable with it...who knows I'd have to see how the game played out till than.
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:15 am

Post by Seraphim »

No more quote pyramids please.

Also, in the Benmage/Pyro exchange, Pyro comes off looking scummier. Analysis coming up in a bit.
malthusis
malthusis
Mafia Scum
malthusis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:17 am

Post by malthusis »

What are your own opinions on Kinetic, Pyro?
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:30 am

Post by Tarhalindur »

"'Yes, I think 'toast' is an appropriate description
-Jaya Ballard, Task Mage' - flavor text, Incinerate"

I've had quite enough of this. - Tar

The Second Vote Count (aka the "Penalty - Game Loss" Vote Count)

1) Kinetic (1) - Mastin
2) veerus (0) -
3) Benmage (0) -
4) ChaosOmega (0) -
5) Budja (0) -
6) malthusis (0) -
7) Pyromaniac (4) - Seraphim, Kairyuu, ChaosOmega, Sajin
8) Seraphim (1) - Vino
9) Sajin (0) -
10) Mastin (0) -
11) Vino (2) - malthusis, Kinetic
12) Kairyuu (1) - Budja
forbiddanlight (1) - Pyromaniac

Not Voting (2): veerus, Benmage

Votes required to lynch:

Current Deadline:
August 20, 2009 at ~6:00 P.M. CST (GMT -6)
First Mod Deadline Review:
August 13, 2009 at ~6:00 P.M. (GMT -6)

Modkill forthcoming
User out of ambit.

Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:37 am

Post by Tarhalindur »

Seraphim wrote:
Sajin wrote:Actually Seraphim, I am not sure how familiar with magic cards you are but several cards have a comma in the title.
For instance: http://magiccards.info/ts/en/83.html
http://magiccards.info/fut/en/46.html

Notice how the actual card name has a surtitle?
Yeah, I did notice that and realized that looking at my own role PM.

I was trying to trap Pyro...I'm not afraid to admit.
I wanted to see if he would try to fill something in to make his role PM more like the sample.
But he didn't. Oh well.
The Rules - READ THEM wrote:<1a> Attempting to use loopholes in the rules to gain an advantage in the game is considered jackassery, and will be treated as such. This applies to things like encrypted codes, invisible text, editing and deleting posts,
trying to use the structure of the role PM to gain an advantage
, etc. Please, use your common sense!
In an ideal world, this would be self-explanatory, but since it apparently isn't: If you are explicitly told in the rules not to do something, DON'T DO IT.

Since Seraphim wasn't paying attention to the rules, he gets modkilled. I'll take Seraphim's record of good behavior in Tar games into account and not blacklist him, however. - Tar

Now, please die!

Seraphim, Jaya Ballard, Task Mage, Neutral Survivor
(formerly Townie Ass-Whupper)
, Modkilled/Autolossed Day 1

It is now Night 1. You have 72 hours to send in normal actions. You may talk in the thread for the duration of the night. Roles that may talk outside the thread at night only may now begin talking.
User out of ambit.

Pyromaniac
Pyromaniac
Goon
Pyromaniac
Goon
Goon

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:38 am

Post by Pyromaniac »

f they all claimed what??Partners with someone from another game. That takes two. Its quite the gamble. Many from the other game want to see DDD killed asap. I don't see scum opening the game taking a gamble the way we did. But whatever its all at your guys discretion. If I saw someone like this go down....I'd believe me, but I wouldn't let me see endgame, or would be really uncomfortable with it...who knows I'd have to see how the game played out till than.
You are not playing like a standard, survivor. I wouldn't know how to play your claim.
Pyromaniac
Pyromaniac
Goon
Pyromaniac
Goon
Goon

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:39 am

Post by Pyromaniac »

holy shit
Sajin
Sajin
Mafia Scum