Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2009 1:13 pm

Post by Seraphim »

Pyromaniac wrote:
Seraphim wrote:I'm with Kairyuu on this one. I don't think his claim helps him at all. He's extremely lacking on the details...the "unrecruitable" part can't be proven at all. If it looks like a fakeclaim, it probably is a fake claim.

I still want to hear more from ChaosOmega besides dropping in with an opportunistic vote. Also, would be nice to hear more from Malt.
My role name is strong-minded townie. Also, this is not a mind screw game, tar is not in the game.
This isn't a Mind Screw game as in the mod is actively seeking our destruction. But this is a Mind Screw game as in there are going to be mechanics/roles that will defy normal expectations of logic. Even his non-Mind Screw games have a tendency to include unorthodox mechanics.

Fully claim all your role parts. Your creature card, what abilities you have, and any other "cards" your role PM has.
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2009 1:19 pm

Post by Seraphim »

Boxman, what do you want to point out? Now is a great time to do so.
Sajin
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2009 1:22 pm

Post by Sajin »

@Boxman I would appreciate commentary from you anyways.
"Against logic there is no armor like ignorance."
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2009 1:23 pm

Post by Seraphim »

Still, nothing wrong with a fresh take on things. Feel free to make comments on what's happening in both games. Have you read through our game yet? If so, who do you think is scum? Why? Do you agree with our reads on players? Why?

Take as much time as like.
Sajin
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2009 1:24 pm

Post by Sajin »

Mastin wrote:Disliking this.
Pyro explained it well. Role names can be different than actual role. Strong-minded townie, unrecruitable townie, interpreted the same.
Look at the phrasing he used when he claimed his name as well.
Pyromaniac
Pyromaniac
Goon
Pyromaniac
Goon
Goon

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2009 1:31 pm

Post by Pyromaniac »

Sajin wrote:
Pyromaniac wrote:
Seraphim wrote:I'm with Kairyuu on this one. I don't think his claim helps him at all. He's extremely lacking on the details...the "unrecruitable" part can't be proven at all. If it looks like a fakeclaim, it probably is a fake claim.

I still want to hear more from ChaosOmega besides dropping in with an opportunistic vote. Also, would be nice to hear more from Malt.
My role name is strong-minded townie. Also, this is not a mind screw game, tar is not in the game.
So your a strong minded townie and an unrecruitable townie?

2 role names makes no sense. I smell something....
vote Pyro
No. My role name is strong minded townie. Thats what it does.
Mastin
Mastin
She/Her
Unabridged
Mastin
She/Her
Unabridged
Unabridged
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2009 1:31 pm

Post by Mastin »

Let's have fun with other-game stuff.
Porkens wrote:is this a breadcrumb?
Dislike this rolefishing.
If I were vig, I'd shoot Mufasa.
You have no idea...

I disagree with Jammer; BenM should move to their game, not DDD to this game.

Just sig it. >_<

Box wrote:Tar's subgame started without Mastin, who still hasn't confirmed.
'Twas V/LA. >_<

Zakeri+Sudai are suspicious for wanting the RVS in a game that should have none.

But that's nothing in comparison to Box's turnaround, scummiest of all.

Seemed fine.
I'm back! Well, kind-of.
No Access on Weekends
. :/
Advid reader/contributor to MD, as I'm far better in theory than I am in reality. :P

True to my word, I'm retiring. Totally not me. :P
Pyromaniac
Pyromaniac
Goon
Pyromaniac
Goon
Goon

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2009 1:37 pm

Post by Pyromaniac »

Seraphim wrote:
Pyromaniac wrote:

This isn't a Mind Screw game as in the mod is actively seeking our destruction. But this is a Mind Screw game as in there are going to be mechanics/roles that will defy normal expectations of logic. Even his non-Mind Screw games have a tendency to include unorthodox mechanics.

Fully claim all your role parts. Your creature card, what abilities you have, and any other "cards" your role PM has.
I have. As you have so aptly said READ THE GAME.
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2009 1:41 pm

Post by Seraphim »

In one post. Summarize. You have contradicted yourself as to whether you are a "unrecruitable townie" or a "strong-minded townie". All your info, in one post.
Stonebrow, Krosan Hero
Legendary Creature - Vanilla Townie, Mythic Rare, 3RG
I want all this information except from your PM. Don't quote it or something like that...paraphrase as you see fit except I want all the information in the above quote.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2009 2:00 pm

Post by Kinetic »

Mastin wrote:
Kinetic wrote:Just so everyone knows, since I've done it before I'm contemplating if some sort of Mass Claim might break this game like other Tar games.
Kinetic's Rolefishing wrote:Particularly I'm wondering if players with the ability to effect another game, or simply if someone is able to move from game-to-game or move others would be a role we'd want in the open.
Reinforcement.
Got it, you quoted my post with links, but didn't really do anything but add in some scummy keywords but not actually any reason WHY it would be scummy.

On the charge of rolefishing: See Tar's B5, a highly appropriate game for both my Meta and Tar's Meta where a mass claim quite literally broke the game.

It would be irresponsible of both me and everyone else to not at least give the thought a once over and maybe discuss what could be claimed and maybe what shouldn't be claimed. I find it much more scummy for people who just refuse to talk about something because it is one of those dreaded keywords (ooo, rolefishing... -.-;) instead of giving reasons why.

With your next post if you could add some opinions it would be appreciated.
Seraphim wrote:BTW, happy birthday Kinetic. I think I have no problem lynching scum in our game and letting the other games do whatever they like. Benmage has been straight-forward and honest with us and so far there is nothing questionable about his claim.
TY
Mastin wrote:
Kinetic wrote:Something about Pyro is eating at me, he is acting scummy, but there is something else.
Fencesitting means vote stays.
Also, Pyro's a Easy Lynch (VI).
------
Happy S/B-Days.
Fence sitting? I didn't vote, its obvious that I'm on the side of the fence that isn't willing to lynch him yet. Please stop the keyword-hunting, and start with the scum hunting.
Large Theme List Mod Emeritus
On hiatus due to Real Life
Mastin
Mastin
She/Her
Unabridged
Mastin
She/Her
Unabridged
Unabridged
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2009 2:12 pm

Post by Mastin »

Can't believe I'm wasting another post. >_<
Kinetic wrote:Got it, you quoted my post with links, but didn't really do anything but add in some scummy keywords but not actually any reason WHY it would be scummy.
Breaking the game, rolefishing.
Kinetic wrote:Fence sitting? I didn't vote, its obvious that I'm on the side of the fence that isn't willing to lynch him yet.
Fencesitting's still fencesitting.

Box wrote:Anyway, hurrah for being scummy in the other game.
Well-deserved. :)
Pyro: I agree that the way he changed his claim is weird, but I wouldn't look into it too much. Unrecruitable townie is simply a more common name than Strong-minded Townie, and I've seen people claim the name of a role very similar to theirs over the role's actual name.
This.
Others: Either haven't posted much(i.e. Mastin, Veerus) or I think haven't been suspicious(Seraphim, Sajin).
You list eight players. (Ben, Pyro, Me, Veer, Seraph, Sajin) What about the others? (Possible scumslip, although that'd mean four scum this game)
Porkens: What is with the "Vig shoot Mufasa" thing?
Twisting Porken's words.
Sudai wrote: Any suggestions for that other than an RVS?
Yea. Talking.
I'm back! Well, kind-of.
No Access on Weekends
. :/
Advid reader/contributor to MD, as I'm far better in theory than I am in reality. :P

True to my word, I'm retiring. Totally not me. :P
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2009 2:21 pm

Post by Seraphim »

HEY, THIS IS FOR EVERYONE IN ALL THE GAMES. LISTEN UP.

When talking about another post in another game, it would be very helpful for people, especially when using quotes, to give the name of the player, which post it's from, and which game the quote is from.

Thanks.
malthusis
malthusis
Mafia Scum
malthusis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2009 4:47 pm

Post by malthusis »

@Mastin: Just a general note for you, Mastin: Kinetic's game breaking skills are not to be mocked. He is extremely effective (I forget exactly how he used it in MS3, but he effectivly won the game for his faction in Tar's B5 game).
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:27 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

"'To probe the wonders of the multiverse, to gaze upon worlds unspoiled by blade or spell . . . it's enough to make one weep for the possibilities denied.' - flavor text, Wistful Thinking"

Sajin receives an Official Warning for Rule 0 violation (Jackassery including Attempting to Use Structure of Role PM for Advantage) for a combination of posts 60, 76, and 176. He'd be modkilled if not for the fact that the structure he's asking for is supposed to be reasonably public (creature types are the proper role name, all character rarities are Mythic).

EDIT: After appeal and review, 76 is not Jackassery. Sajin's Official Warning downgraded to unofficial warning. Further assessment is currently in progress.

I think there may be a vote for Pyromaniac I missed somewhere. Also, it's a Tar vote count. If I missed something, let me know where. - Tar

The First Vote Count (aka the "Judge!" Vote Count)

1) Kinetic (1) - Mastin
2) veerus (0) -
3) Benmage (0) -
4) ChaosOmega (0) -
5) Budja (0) -
6) malthusis (0) -
7) Pyromaniac (4) - Seraphim, Kairyuu, ChaosOmega, Sajin
8) Seraphim (1) - Vino
9) Sajin (0) -
10) Mastin (0) -
11) Vino (2) - malthusis, Kinetic
12) Kairyuu (1) - Budja
forbiddanlight (1) - Pyromaniac

Not Voting (2): veerus, Benmage

Votes required to lynch:

Current Deadline:
August 20, 2009 at ~6:00 P.M. CST (GMT -6)
First Mod Deadline Review:
August 13, 2009 at ~6:00 P.M. (GMT -6)

Begin Game!
Last edited by Tarhalindur on Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User out of ambit.

Error 404: Sanity Not Found
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:23 pm

Post by Kinetic »

malthusis wrote:@Mastin: Just a general note for you, Mastin: Kinetic's game breaking skills are not to be mocked. He is extremely effective (I forget exactly how he used it in MS3, but he effectivly won the game for his faction in Tar's B5 game).
Bleh, I got a blank role PM on Day One of MSM3, and didn't get my role until Day 3, which was a town-aligned Chairmen Mao (Who was either scum or neutral in the other games), and then I was (through a combination of sticky votes and scum pushing) quick-lynched, and then death millered without knowing about it.

Yea....

I couldn't break MSM3 because I had no information and virtually no idea what was going on. lol
Large Theme List Mod Emeritus
On hiatus due to Real Life
Pyromaniac
Pyromaniac
Goon
Pyromaniac
Goon
Goon

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:22 am

Post by Pyromaniac »

I am doing this from memory so it might have so misspelling. I am Jasmine Boreal. I am a mythic rare. You can look up my cost etc online. I don't want to get modkilled. My role name is strong minded townie. What it does is it cannot be recruited.
Pyromaniac
Pyromaniac
Goon
Pyromaniac
Goon
Goon

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:38 am

Post by Pyromaniac »

Pyro: I agree that the way he changed his claim is weird, but I wouldn't look into it too much. Unrecruitable townie is simply a more common name than Strong-minded Townie, and I've seen people claim the name of a role very similar to theirs over the role's actual name.
I know it is a different mod but look up medieval mafia. And tar has probably done at least once. I'll check.
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2009 5:18 am

Post by Seraphim »

So, you are...
Jasmine Boreal, ??????(what goes here?)
Strong-Minded Townie

Correct? And your only ability is to not be able to be recruited, correct? I know I'm rehashing but I want to make sure I have everything correct.
Pyromaniac
Pyromaniac
Goon
Pyromaniac
Goon
Goon

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2009 5:24 am

Post by Pyromaniac »

Yes. I am legendary. I cost 3GW. Hopefully I don't get modkilled for quoting my role PM. The reason I did not include this is because it would not be a tell either way because anyone could look it up on google.
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2009 5:25 am

Post by Seraphim »

Does anything go in those question marks or are they blank and only a few role PMs have it?
Sajin
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2009 5:30 am

Post by Sajin »

Thank you for the clarification that all characters are of mythic rarity. That helps.

I was told I needed to rephrase my question to Benmage: What is the name of your faction/group? (I was told you can answer but you better check anyways).

@Seraphim- Tar just said that all characters were mythic rare. Lets keep the structure questions reasonable please.
Pyromaniac
Pyromaniac
Goon
Pyromaniac
Goon
Goon

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2009 5:31 am

Post by Pyromaniac »

The ???? would be on the next line. And it would have stuff in it. Legendary, role name, rarity, cost. Oh, and my role PM says I am a 4/5.
Pyromaniac
Pyromaniac
Goon
Pyromaniac
Goon
Goon

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2009 5:32 am

Post by Pyromaniac »

After the quote.
Sajin
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2009 5:34 am

Post by Sajin »

Actually Seraphim, I am not sure how familiar with magic cards you are but several cards have a comma in the title.
For instance: http://magiccards.info/ts/en/83.html
http://magiccards.info/fut/en/46.html

Notice how the actual card name has a surtitle?
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2009 5:41 am

Post by Benmage »

Sajin wrote: I was told I needed to rephrase my question to Benmage: What is the name of your faction/group?
I already told you. I am factionless and a Star-Crossed Lover.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”