Mafia 96 - Murder in Emerald City (Game Over!)

Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #1975 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:47 pm

Post by Xylthixlm »

... how can
anyone
be irrelevant to the game? "Irrelevant" is a word you use to talk about something that can be safely ignored, but town doesn't have the luxury of ignoring - anyone could be scum. The fact that you dismiss him as "irrelevant" is
damning
#mafia@irc.globalgamers.net

"Xyl was completely berserk" -dramonic
"Xyl's ruthless policy lynching won the game." -Vi
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1976 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2009 2:34 pm

Post by SerialClergyman »

How does irrelevent mean safe to ignore? It means he's had no relevance, no strong impact on the game. My post, far from saying he should be ignored, was calling him out as scummy for not doing anything to advance the game! How could you possibly interpret my post pointing out that he never took a position after hayker claimed as me suggesting he should be ignored??

And if your argument is so damning, why do you only try it on AFTER your IIoA point crashes and burns?

Is this about me, or is this about derailng the Lowell wagon?
I'm old now.
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #1977 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2009 2:53 pm

Post by Xylthixlm »

SerialClergyman wrote:How does irrelevent mean safe to ignore? It means he's had no relevance, no strong impact on the game. My post, far from saying he should be ignored, was calling him out as scummy for not doing anything to advance the game! How could you possibly interpret my post pointing out that he never took a position after hayker claimed as me suggesting he should be ignored??
You called him out as scummy, you say. How scummy? Scummy enough to vote? Scummy enough to put real pressure on? Apparently not.
SerialClergyman wrote:And if your argument is so damning, why do you only try it on AFTER your IIoA point crashes and burns?
I hadn't searched your iso read for all mentions of Faraday until after you mentioned your "attack" on him.

I'm not abandoning the IIoA point, either, just leaving it on the back burner for now.
SerialClergyman wrote:Is this about me, or is this about derailng the Lowell wagon?
Both.

SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #1978 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2009 2:59 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Yo' Xyl:

See my comments about the Lowell wagon. Are there other reasons to derail?
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #1979 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2009 4:14 pm

Post by Xylthixlm »

SpyreX wrote:Now don't get me wrong - I'm all for the SC lynch.

However, in a game with two scumgroups justification for moving off a lynch by finding others ON the lynch scummy doesn't float as hot - especially when process of elimination suggests that Lowell could be the last member of a group.

I.E. - Lowell is still a very good lynch that doesn't clear ANYONE else on it.
If Lowell is the last Cerulean, and is a neighbor, that would give the Ceruleans three power roles (doctor, roleblocker, neighbor). That's not impossible, but it's a little unlikely. That lowers my estimate of the likelihood that Lowell is scum enough to make me want to look elsewhere today.

I'm not saying I think Lowell is town - I'd still give him an above-average chance of being scum - but I don't think he's the best lynch either.

SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #1980 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2009 4:34 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Neighbor isn't -really- a power role. And it would fit with the 3/4 idea I've had chug chug chuggin' along.

Eliminating a kill is pretty high up on my list of "these are reasons to kill scum".

Partner that with the fact I am more sure he is, in fact, scum well.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #1981 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:10 pm

Post by Xylthixlm »

Let's say it's 3/4 ... probably Lowell as the last Cerulean, and curiouskarmadog/Faraday/SerialClergyman as the Vermillion.

Lynch Cerulean today -> we go to 5 town vs 3 Vermillion. Town absolutely has to lynch correctly three times in a row.

Lynch Vermillion today -> we go to 4 town vs 2 Vermillion vs 1 Cerulean, OR 5 vs 2, OR 5 vs 1 vs, OR EVEN 6 vs 1. But assume it's the first. If we lynch the Cerulean then, it goes to 3 vs 2, and we need 2 correct lynches in a row. If we lynch a Vermillion again we'll need a scum crosskill.

Overall, I'm pretty sure lynching Vermillion today is better. We're at an even number so the possibility of losing one extra townie tonight isn't bad, and the possibility of a scum crosskill is really good.

Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #1982 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2009 1:20 am

Post by Faraday »

Well if you think he's a neighbour, Lowell that is, then he's clearly some form of scum, no? I mean what other reason was there not to come out when Mole claimed. And the thing w/ Mufasa's alt is far more likely to be an early neighbour breadcrumb than anything else.

So you don't think this makes him more likely to be scum than anyone else in the game? Which was the reason you switched your vote change. Or are you now saying you're more concenrned trying to find a specific scum group.
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
Hayker
Hayker
Goon
Hayker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1983 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2009 2:48 pm

Post by Hayker »

/vote:Lowell

Sorry Lowell, ut I'm convinced that you are scum.
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #1984 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2009 3:47 pm

Post by Xylthixlm »

Hayker wrote:

Even if you're convinced he's scum, if he is he's almost certainly Cerulean. If that's the case then lynching him today is
bad
. Not as bad as lynching a townie, but still bad.

Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #1985 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2009 3:50 pm

Post by Xylthixlm »

Faraday wrote:Well if you think he's a neighbour, Lowell that is, then he's clearly some form of scum, no? I mean what other reason was there not to come out when Mole claimed. And the thing w/ Mufasa's alt is far more likely to be an early neighbour breadcrumb than anything else.
I'm very well aware of the case on Lowell. I'm the one who found the "breadcrumb" and started the wagon! Don't act like I don't understand my own case.

Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #1986 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2009 4:20 pm

Post by Faraday »

Xylthixlm wrote:
Faraday wrote:Well if you think he's a neighbour, Lowell that is, then he's clearly some form of scum, no? I mean what other reason was there not to come out when Mole claimed. And the thing w/ Mufasa's alt is far more likely to be an early neighbour breadcrumb than anything else.
I'm very well aware of the case on Lowell. I'm the one who found the "breadcrumb" and started the wagon! Don't act like I don't understand my own case.
I quite obviously didn't/am not acting like that. I'm asking you a question. It's in the part of the post you didn't quote. Answer it.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #1987 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2009 4:23 pm

Post by Faraday »

Probably should be question(s) even if they don't have question marks at the end, oopsie.
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #1988 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2009 5:35 pm

Post by Xylthixlm »

Faraday wrote:So you don't think this makes him more likely to be scum than anyone else in the game? Which was the reason you switched your vote change. Or are you now saying you're more concenrned trying to find a specific scum group.
SerialClergyman is more likely to be scum
and
more likely to be the right scum to lynch if they're both scum.

curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1989 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2009 5:37 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

Ok updating.
Xylthixlm wrote:They're not equivalent, but they're not exclusive either. It means I think he's probably town but maybe not.
if there is no difference in "probably not town" and "maybe town"..why bother posting it? It is obviously confusing and apparently leaves you room to change your mind as needed....how was it helpful?
Lowell wrote:
Still, with 78 pages it's a bit depressing that this is what we're looking at to lynch folks.
Lowell wrote:
vote spy

This is as good as any. I briefly looked over the posts since my last recap, and his running narration just looks forced, and poor.
Speaking of depressing. If you seriously are depressed about the state of affairs we currently are in, then do something. If you really want us to believe you feel this is scum, give us some examples or posts…build a case. Why have you not done this? This is scum resigned to his fate.
Xylthixlm wrote:
unvote
thinking
curiouskarmadog wrote:
also, your %s are useless, why did you feel it important to post that? Do you think it was helpful in some way?
Xylthixlm wrote:curiouskarmadog: You could be asking
why
I picked those %ages, or just filing them away so you can see if I change my views later. Instead you dismiss them as "useless". Information about what another player is thinking, or claims to be thinking, is never useless to a townie.
how can anyone gauge what you are thinking when you backtrack previous statements?…it doesn’t really express your opinion. I thought the “maybe town”/”maybe not town” was great and had a good feeling about you, until you back tracked and played the semantics game with it. Now we got %s that you can easily back out of too.
SpyreX wrote:Neighbor isn't -really- a power role. And it would fit with the 3/4 idea I've had chug chug chuggin' along.
where did the 3/4 idea first come from? I dont remember reading that.
Xylthixlm wrote: If Lowell is the last Cerulean, and is a neighbor, that would give the Ceruleans three power roles (doctor, roleblocker, neighbor). That's not impossible, but it's a little unlikely. That lowers my estimate of the likelihood that Lowell is scum enough to make me want to look elsewhere today.
Xylthixlm wrote:
Hayker wrote:

Even if you're convinced he's scum, if he is he's almost certainly Cerulean. If that's the case then lynching him today is
bad
first Lowell is UNLIKELY to be Cerulean, so we shouldnt lynch him, now he is almost certianly Cerulean, so we should lynch him.

You are all over the place. And there is no reason for it of you are town.

you are back tracking and contradicting to the extreme yourself to avoid this lynch, why?

I think Lowell is the last of Cer, I cant see Cer having 4 members. I think it is important to eliminate a scum killing role today. I dont want to bank on a cross kill....the only people who want more killing roles out there with the possibility of killing us is scum.
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #1990 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:05 am

Post by Xylthixlm »

curiouskarmadog: Lowell went from probably-Vermillion-if-he's-scum to probably-Cerulean-if-he's-scum when you, SerialClergyman, and Faraday all jumped onto his wagon. My reasoning here is not hard to understand if you try.

curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1991 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:24 am

curiouskarmadog wrote:
first Lowell is UNLIKELY to be Cerulean, so we shouldnt lynch him, now he is almost certianly Cerulean, so we should
nt
lynch him.
typo fixed.
Xylthixlm wrote:curiouskarmadog: Lowell went from probably-Vermillion-if-he's-scum to probably-Cerulean-if-he's-scum when you, SerialClergyman, and Faraday all jumped onto his wagon. My reasoning here is not hard to understand if you try.
lol, but you avoid the point.

you state that he is Cer SO WE SHOULDNT LYNCH HIM.

then you state he is VER SO WE SHOULDNT LYNCH HIM.

the reasoning behind your change is not important and you know it. What is important is a.) you think he is scum, yet he shouldnt be lynched and b.) you state we shouldnt lynch him BECAUSE of the scum team he is in. so your reasoning behind why we shouldnt lynch him is shit. because today you have put him in both scum teams stating that THAT is the reason we should lynch him.

good job, trying to focus on a non point.

also good job on avoiding my questions.
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #1992 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:47 am

Post by Xylthixlm »

Where did I say we shouldn't lynch Lowell because he was unlikely to be Cerulean?

Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #1993 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:53 am

Post by Xylthixlm »

curiouskarmadog wrote:also good job on avoiding my questions.
Xylthixlm in GD wrote:If you ask me a question - "why did you do X?" - that I haven't already answered, isn't something you could easily find the answer to yourself, and isn't a loaded question, I will usually answer it.
See if you can figure out which of those categories of question I won't answer you used.

If you actually want to learn something, rather than just making a rhetorical point, feel free to rephrase the questions.

Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1994 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:54 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

Hmm... I'm not sure about the SerialClergyman bandwagon.
Unvote

I need to think about this some more.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. -Wayne Gretzky"
-Wickedestjr
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #1995 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:05 am

Post by Xylthixlm »

Ugh. This curiouskarmadog play feels familiar, but I'm not sure where, or what his alignment was that game.

Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #1996 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:16 am

Post by Xylthixlm »

Ah yes, it was Frogs Mafia, where curiouskarmadog was scum and I was town. He accused me of backpedaling, and asked lots of loaded questions and then tried to paint me as scummy for not answering them. See for example this post.
curiouskarmadog in Frogs Mafia wrote:jesus fucking christ...how you avoid direct points and scoot around your actions when someone calls you out....you also keep trying to distract with useless info.
curiouskarmadog, can you find a game where you behave similarly
as town
?

Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #1997 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:26 am

Post by Xylthixlm »

Current working hypothesis: SerialClergyman and Faraday are Vermillion together. I'm unsure whether curiouskarmadog is Cerulean, or whether Lowell is Cerulean and curiouskarmadog is Vermillion. In either case Lowell is not the best lynch.

curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1998 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:41 am

Xylthixlm wrote:Where did I say we shouldn't lynch Lowell because he was unlikely to be Cerulean?
are you saying you didnt? I posted it in the post on this page.
curiouskarmadog wrote:
how can anyone gauge what you are thinking when you backtrack previous statements?…
curiouskarmadog wrote: if there is no difference in "probably not town" and "maybe town"..why bother posting it? It is obviously confusing and apparently leaves you room to change your mind as needed....how was it helpful?
Xylthixlm wrote:
curiouskarmadog, can you find a game where you behave similarly
as town
?
yep a ton of them...I got my title because I play emotional...and hot.. check out my wiki page, I list every game (scum and town that I have been in)..for my last 10 games I have brief statements on each. I am sure you will check it out. Please let me know that you did this.

funny how you start attacking me once I call you on your shit. I have a valid point so please dont dismiss and try again to discredit. You give labels to who you think is scum and town....then you backtrack on that, yes playing a semantics game...now you offer %s, how are they helpful? When you leave yourself room to wiggle..case in point...I was at 50% on your list, but now that I am calling you on shit...you are attempting to discredit me....
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1999 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:44 am

curiouskarmadog wrote:
Xylthixlm wrote: If Lowell is the last Cerulean, and is a neighbor, that would give the Ceruleans three power roles (doctor, roleblocker, neighbor). That's not impossible, but it's a little unlikely. That lowers my estimate of the likelihood that Lowell is scum enough to make me want to look elsewhere today.
Xylthixlm wrote:
Hayker wrote:

bad
for the record, is lowell "unlikely to be cerulean" or "almost certianly Cerulean" In both posts, you feel that Lowell is not a good lynch...so please dont act like you didnt say it

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”