Ojanen
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #925 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:14 am

Post by Ojanen »

The abstract part of the "is it scummy to change one's mind if circumstances don't change" conversation didn't seem terribly productive imo - changing one's opinion is far too wide an area to pin down either way, everything depends on context. I often change my opinion as town, have already done it this game. I also often look for certain alarming markers in other people's opinion changes, as is natural.
Adel re: Sens could be frustration and hate of Sens' lurking, could be confusion and was done during the "fuck mafia and you" episode. Can't read it as a tell either way. Budja re: FL seemed somewhat suspect. Budja re: Yos I haven't reviewed yet.
MS wrote:Thank you Ojanen, of actually thinking with me. I must admit that the theory is far fetched. OTOH, the whole situation looks quite surrealistic to me. Ren town would require a ridiculous amount of luck to accidentally make exactly the correct actions to prove himself "confirmed innocent". Any theory explaining what happened seems to be far fetched to me. If Goatrevolt is scum, the only reasons for the seraphim kill I can imagine are confirming scotmany or confirming Ren Hoek.
Regarding Ren's alibi, the most realistic seeming situation to me is that the kill was submitted before Ren was L-1 (in the possible time window Ren had anywhere from 3 to 7 votes out of 8, although 20 hours before he had already 5). Sloppy mafia thinking is possible too. Elaborate scheme I find least likely.
I find the busdriver's claimed targets plausible and natural. I'm slightly puzzled by mafia's choice. I find it a remarkable coincidence that Adel happened to target the busdriver. You know, if town, that this part of the chain of events was a coincidence. Yet if it wasn't your slot, something tells me you would also talk about tracking specifically Goat being far-fetched.

I join the chorus that really wants to hear thoughts from you on other stuff than the Seraphim kill.
MichelSableheart
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #926 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:50 am

Post by MichelSableheart »

Scotmany wrote:It is not a valid way of determining who is scum because you aren't looking for scummy behavior. [SNIP]
There's more then just their behaviour available to discover who the scum is. Why should I restrict my ways of finding scum to just looking at behaviour then?

Suppose that someone replaced into an open game with 1 cop 1 doc and only 1 scum left alive. In that game, 2 players have claimed doc, and 1 player has claimed cop with an innocent on one of the docs. Would you tell the replacement in that game to look for scummy behaviour because it is the only valid way of determining who is scum?
scotmany wrote: The fact that you don't have any other suspicions makes me believe that you haven't even looked at anyone else.
Wow, brilliant conclusion! Especially because I was under the impression that I had already explicitly stated that in the last paragraph of post #889. I'll bold the important part.
MichelSableheart wrote:
Goatrevolt wrote:Do you have any other suspects besides Ren?

At this point, unfortunately, no. I've read the thread once to get a feel for what's going on, but I haven't read it thoroughly. I haven't had the time yet to look at the cases being made in detail,
or to take a close look at different players
. I have used the time I had available after reading the thread to focus on my main suspect after the initial read, and to look closely at a part of the game I felt was extremely important.
---
I'll QFT Yosarian2's response to OGML.
Yosarian2 wrote:That depends what the mafia's motive for the kill was. If all the assumptions OMGL are making are correct, though, then they would pretty much have to be. He's assuming that the mafia sent in the kill to Scot after you were at lynch -1. He's then assuming they they did this intentionally hoping to kill Scot and get you lynched, apparently assuming the bus driver wouldn't target scot. He's assuming that me and Adel, specifically, did this, and that we apparently just forgot about the bus driver or just assumed he wouldn't target scot, even though the bus driver was Adel's plan to begin with, and even though I knew that my partner Goat was the bus driver. And then he's assuming that me and Adel, somehow surprised by the outcome of all this, then decided to go after you as some kind of desperate damage control, despite how incredibly obvious that would be.

That would make us gibbering idiots, yes.
---
Goatrevolt wrote:Michel: What actions/what luck has Ren done to confirm himself? None of the reasons for believing him to be confirmed have to do with things he's done.
If I understood people correctly, Ren Hoek is believed to be confirmed pro-town because the mafia risked lynching him immediately with the kill they made.

Ren Hoek was only at risk of being lynched immediately because he was at L-1, which in turn was a direct result of post #301, which encouraged SensFan to vote for him, and of his selfvote.

Secondly, one of the main reasons that people are aware of the fact that Ren Hoek would have been lynched if the kill on scotmany had succeeded, was the fact that he pointed this outhimself immediately after the lynch, in post #323.

Please take a close look at that post. Suppose that Ren Hoek is a townie. He must have been mistaken about the vote count immediately prior to the kill, even though that vote count was posted 1 post above the kill. Then, he must have been aware that the correct kill would have caused him to become lynched, even though he has shown a general misunderstanding of the game mechanics in general. And finally, he mentioned this all without knowing that information that would become available later would prove him innocent for this very reason. I would call that extremely lucky.

---
Goatrevolt wrote:You think it's ridiculous that Ren could be so lucky to get confirmed, but your arguments for the opposite are even more preposterous. The theory that Ren and I choreographed some scheme where he self-voted to L-1, so he could bounce a kill off my own bus drive that was lucky enough to be verified by a tracker in order to confirm him is unbelievably far-fetched. That's not even considering the possible pitfalls of us trying such a scheme, such as someone simply hammering Ren in the meantime. That would be quite a failure of a plan. We setup this plan to confirm Ren that involves a completely suboptimal kill on Seraphim and someone simply hammers Ren in the meantime. Plan destroyed. Kill wasted.
  • The tracker confirmation was a nice bonus, but not necessary. If you had claimed to have switched scotmany and seraphim without tracker confirmation, people would probably have believed you anyway. Especially because the most important part of your claim, that you switched to Seraphim, is still unconfirmed. The tracker result only showed that you targeted scotmany.
  • I'm going to use an argument here that Ojanen used against me. Qucklynches are rather uncommon on this site, AFAIK.
---
Ojanen wrote:I find the busdriver's claimed targets plausible and natural. I'm slightly puzzled by mafia's choice. I find it a remarkable coincidence that Adel happened to target the busdriver. You know, if town, that this part of the chain of events was a coincidence. Yet if it wasn't your slot, something tells me you would also talk about tracking specifically Goat being far-fetched.
I agree with you that the busdriver's claimed targets are plausible and natural. I am also in no way trying to imply that Goatrevolt is scum.

My conspiracy theory is based on the assumption that Goatrevolt is scum, and therefore that the mafia knew for certain that seraphim was going to die. The possibility that Goatrevolt is town is a different scenario alltogether, and is therefore evaluated in a different part of my post.

Would I have brought up the tracker result too if it wasn't my role? I doubt it. Because a Goatrevolt - Ren Hoek pairing has no control over who Adel targets, it doesn't really give information on those two players, unlike the other things I'm mentioning.

---
I join the chorus that really wants to hear thoughts from you on other stuff than the Seraphim kill.
I agree that this needs to be done ASAP. Unfortunately, due to a holiday job, my time is rather limited, and thoroughly looking at a player takes a lot of time for me. I will try to deliver something tomorrow though. No job in the weekend, fortunately.
There is no 'a' in Michel.
Ojanen
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #927 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:53 am

Post by Ojanen »

MS wrote:Secondly, one of the main reasons that people are aware of the fact that Ren Hoek would have been lynched if the kill on scotmany had succeeded, was the fact that he pointed this outhimself immediately after the lynch, in post #323.
Please take a close look at that post. Suppose that Ren Hoek is a townie. He must have been mistaken about the vote count immediately prior to the kill, even though that vote count was posted 1 post above the kill. Then, he must have been aware that the correct kill would have caused him to become lynched, even though he has shown a general misunderstanding of the game mechanics in general. And finally, he mentioned this all without knowing that information that would become available later would prove him innocent for this very reason. I would call that extremely lucky.
But he did show a misunderstanding about game mechanics in that post. Talked about him not dying because of counting wrong although he didn't; apparently misunderstood the relevance of who the dying person is voting for.
MS, Adel had similar ideas, said he couldn't rule out that the Seraphim kill was a ruse and brought up this same Ren post (223) saying he never thought it was sincere. The 2 heads of your slot are the only ones, if I remember correctly, that have really been bringing up this breed of scheme speculation. Did Adel leave his future replacement notes/ideas to your quicktopic or did you zone in on this independently?
MS wrote:I agree with you that the busdriver's claimed targets are plausible and natural. I am also in no way trying to imply that Goatrevolt is scum.
I definitely interpreted you implying suspicion of Goat because you have been bringing up the scenario of him+Ren in concerned tones quite a lot.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #928 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:54 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Ojanen wrote: But he did show a misunderstanding about game mechanics in that post. Talked about him not dying because of counting wrong although he didn't; apparently misunderstood the relevance of who the dying person is voting for.
True.

It's worth mentioning that I think it's quite possible that the scum didn't realize what the effects of a kill on the lynch might be at all. I don't believe anyone mentioned it in thread at all until after the kill happened, and then several people got it wrong.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #929 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:49 pm

Post by scotmany12 »

MichelSableheart wrote:
Scotmany wrote:It is not a valid way of determining who is scum because you aren't looking for scummy behavior. [SNIP]
There's more then just their behaviour available to discover who the scum is. Why should I restrict my ways of finding scum to just looking at behaviour then?

Suppose that someone replaced into an open game with 1 cop 1 doc and only 1 scum left alive. In that game, 2 players have claimed doc, and 1 player has claimed cop with an innocent on one of the docs. Would you tell the replacement in that game to look for scummy behaviour because it is the only valid way of determining who is scum?
This metaphor is an entirely different situation. We don't have a cop claiming a guilty in this game. And I'm not asking you to restrict your ways to finding scum to just looking at behavior. The problem is you aren't looking at behavior at all. The only reason you claim to believe Ren to be scum is through a so called case involving overblown assumptions and pointless mathematic. You are holding onto a theory that is not conclusive in any way. You aren't looking at behavior, you aren't looking for reactions. The only thing you are doing is desperately trying to prove your theory, which is again not conclusive at all.
Ren Hoek
Ren Hoek
Goon
Ren Hoek
Goon
Goon

Post Post #930 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2009 2:29 pm

Post by Ren Hoek »

Adel must have left a note on MSH's pillow that I was to be dragged to the noose at all costs for some strategic reason.

It's the only rational explanation that explains MSH's behavior satisfactorily.

I can't think of a reason why it's so important that I be gotten rid of, though.
[i]Hey Guido, it's all so clear to me now. I'm the keeper of the cheese and you're the lemon merchant, you get it? And he knows it. That's why he's gonna kill us. So we got to beat it, ya, before he lets loose the marmosets on us.[/i]
Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum

Post Post #931 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2009 4:02 pm

Post by Goatrevolt »

List of who would vote for who.

SensFan
(5) - Budja, Goatrevolt, Ojanen, Yosarian, Ren Hoek
MichelSableheart
(3) - curiouskarmadog, OGML, Ren Hoek
Yosarian2
(2) - OhGodMyLife, Ren Hoek
Ren Hoek
(1) - MichelSableheart
curiouskarmadog
(1) - Yosarian2
Vollkan
(1) - Goatrevolt

Correct or add to your name as you wish.

Anyone not voting should announce who they are willing to vote.
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #932 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2009 4:42 pm

Post by scotmany12 »

I'd vote for Sens or Michel. Right now, I'm leaning towards Michel but it is constantly changing.
Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum

Post Post #933 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2009 4:54 pm

Post by Goatrevolt »

SensFan
(6) - Budja, Goatrevolt, Ojanen, Yosarian, Ren Hoek, Scot
MichelSableheart
(4) - curiouskarmadog, OGML, Ren Hoek, Scot
Yosarian2
(2) - OhGodMyLife, Ren Hoek
Ren Hoek
(1) - MichelSableheart
curiouskarmadog
(1) - Yosarian2
Vollkan
(1) - Goatrevolt
Ren Hoek
Ren Hoek
Goon
Ren Hoek
Goon
Goon

Post Post #934 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:49 am

Post by Ren Hoek »

Two players I don't trust want to lynch SensFan... not good.
[i]Hey Guido, it's all so clear to me now. I'm the keeper of the cheese and you're the lemon merchant, you get it? And he knows it. That's why he's gonna kill us. So we got to beat it, ya, before he lets loose the marmosets on us.[/i]
MichelSableheart
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #935 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:59 am

Ojanen wrote:But he did show a misunderstanding about game mechanics in that post. Talked about him not dying because of counting wrong although he didn't; apparently misunderstood the relevance of who the dying person is voting for.
Exactly. He showed a misunderstanding of virtually all the game mechanics at one moment or another. And yet he was aware of the fact that the number needed to lynch had been reduced because of the kill, even though noone else had even shown an inkling of that idea at the time.
Ojanen wrote:MS, Adel had similar ideas, said he couldn't rule out that the Seraphim kill was a ruse and brought up this same Ren post (223) saying he never thought it was sincere. The 2 heads of your slot are the only ones, if I remember correctly, that have really been bringing up this breed of scheme speculation. Did Adel leave his future replacement notes/ideas to your quicktopic or did you zone in on this independently?
Probably a combination of both. Adel didn't leave me any notes about this game. However, when reading the thread and the quicktopics, I made sure to pay close attention to Adel's posts, knowing that they were written from a pro-town perspective.

I know I had general suspicions against Ren Hoek throughout the thread. When taking a break after reading day 1, I definately did not consider him confirmed innocent.

Then I read that Adel had similar suspicions towards Ren as I had, and got attacked for not mindlessly believing him confirmed innocent. It was because of that I decided that the whole situation needed thorough investigation.
Ojanen wrote:I definitely interpreted you implying suspicion of Goat because you have been bringing up the scenario of him+Ren in concerned tones quite a lot.
AFAIK, I have only brought it up either when asked for clarification or when people were arguing against that specific part of my argument.

---
I'm not going to argue this point with scotmany anymore. It seems we are just throwing the same statements back and forth.

---
I'm going to look at the case against Adel/Me and at Sensfan now.
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #936 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:00 am

Post by Korts »

(3) SensFan- Budja, Goatrevolt, Ojanen

(1) Yosarian2- OhGodMyLife
(1) MichelSableheart- curiouskarmadog
(1) Ren Hoek- MichelSableheart
(1) curiouskarmadog- Yosarian2

not voting:
vollkan, SensFan, scotmany12, Ren Hoek

6 to lynch

Deadline is 6 PM EST August 22.

Activity check coming up
scumchat never die
MichelSableheart
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #937 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:41 am

MichelSableheart wrote:Probably a combination of both. Adel didn't leave me any notes about this game. However, when reading the thread and the quicktopics, I made sure to pay close attention to Adel's posts, knowing that they were written from a pro-town perspective.

I know I had general suspicions against Ren Hoek throughout the thread. When taking a break after reading day 1, I definately did not consider him confirmed innocent.

Then I read that Adel had similar suspicions towards Ren as I had, and got attacked for not mindlessly believing him confirmed innocent. It was because of that I decided that the whole situation needed thorough investigation.
In the proces of rereading, I ran into yosarian2's post #660. Which, as I now remember, also has had a large influence on my opinions. Sorry for originally forgetting about this one.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #938 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:05 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

ok, updating from page 34 (I think)..typing as (re)reading. Probably will be a longish post.

Yosarian2 wrote:
curiouskarmadog wrote:also, what is your case again?
(shrug) I took a good look at the game dynamics here, and tried to figure out where the scum would be. Where they would be is where you are; buddying up to OGML and perhaps Ren, generally being more of a follower.

You posted a huge case against Adel, but most of it was garbage that had nothing to do with his alignment. Changing your mind is not scummy. Defending someone is not scummy on it's own.

Basically, I think you're opportunistic scum pushing a bad wagon. You didn't give any sign in thread that you had a problem with Adel's play, until Adel seemed vulnerable. Then you jumped on him in with a huge 5 point case, but one that said very little, and frankly much of it looks like filler to me; it looks like an attempt to fake scumhunting by posting a lot of words.
First I am opportunistic for being a follower. When I suggest that maybe I could have been the first one in the QT to start heavily suspecting Adel, you ever so slightly change “opportunistic” to also mean I sensed Adel to be vulnerable? When exact was Adel vulnerable? Also, how am I buddying up with Ren and OMGL, but the reverse cant be true? Interesting how lopsided and blind your “case” is.
Yosarian2 wrote:
OhGodMyLife wrote:
Unvote, Vote: Yosarian

Michel can have a day's reprieve while we take care of this.
:roll:

10 bucks says CKD has no problem with you or Ren attacking me with absolutly no reason or case, despite his earlier post.
again, what makes you think they dont have a reason or case.

Unfornately, it is statements like this that slows me from voting Yos or pegging him as scum. It seems to me that Yosscum is very uninformed as to the going ons in the Acct thread. So either the QT thread is scum free or Yos is town. His play certianly doesnt seem like he is town, but this has me still leaning (atm) toward an Adel/MS lynch.

==
Ojanen wrote:
For what it's worth:
scotmany wrote:Everyone needs to chime in now and say if they think it was obvious that I was going to give Goat-Yos Bulletproof/Tracker.
During my read I thought it was fairly likely.
I thought it was fairly likely as well. Or at least you were going to give them BP.
==
Ren Hoek wrote:But SensFan you've been posting all over the site.
QFMFT
==
MichelSableheart wrote:
Ren Hoek wrote:But SensFan you've been posting all over the site.
I am assuming that the rest of the site doesn't have about six pages with massive posts he hasn't read yet.
umm, how do you know what he has read and what he hasnt read?
==
vollkan wrote:
CKD wrote: Wow really? How many games have you been in with him? In my opinion, this is not typical Adeltown play. At first, I thought it was because of structure of the game, but after his wide net I am certain Adel is/was scum. Not to mention later he then abandons that net to try to discredit one of his opponents.
Adel casts a wide net as scum? This is a game where Adel didn't seem to really have any extremely strong suspicions (understandably, imo) and so I don't think it is unreasonable to think that Adel may have been dealing with that by trying to go as broad as possible.
Then what was the point of tell us who he was willingly to lynch today, then go back on that when someone outside of the net attacks him to discredit. His suspicion list was just fluff.
scotmany12 wrote:
MichelSableheart wrote:
scotmany wrote:I don't like Michel's vote on Ren at all. He simply pulls out a lot of calculations and assumptions, none of which are concrete.
Have you understood my reasoning? If you did, I would really like to know what part you don't consider concrete. I have explained each calculation and each assumption.
You made that post with an agenda in mind. No matter what, you were going to vote Ren at the end of your post.
I think that is what bothered me about his post. there were so many assumptions in that posts, all pointing to Ren.
MichelSableheart wrote:
Ren Hoek wrote:He has been posting elsewhere on a REGULAR BASIS, right? Why assume that he has not read all of 6 pages with massive posts? Is that what he told you in the QT? That he hasn't read the last 6 pages?
No, he didn't tell me that. I assumed because I find it very bad taste to read the thread and not post. Being intentionally inactive is behaviour that is, in my opinion, unacceptable. Therefore, if you don't post, I'll assume that you haven't looked at the thread at all.
More assumptions to serve your purpose. You cant really believe that? I have read the thread, but lack the time to post more than just a sentence or two.

MS post (882) still seem chalked full of assumptions (and lack of assumptions) to serve an end goal.

==
scotmany12 wrote:Budja isn't scum. It makes no sense for BudjaScum to kill TDC.
I stated this is the QT thread as well, but downgraded the statement, forgot you have the ability to change up the teams. It is not an optimal pay for Budscum to kill TDC, but it should rule him out either. I agree however, that there are scummier players here and that the Bud vote is a waste.
==
Ren Hoek wrote:
scotmany12 wrote:Budja isn't scum. It makes no sense for BudjaScum to kill TDC. Even with my ability to choose new pairs it still doesn't make sense. Your Budja vote is a waste Ren.

Oh alright then.
unvote

Here' the informal count of the willing to lynch:

Yos (2) = OGML, Ren
Adel/MSH (2) = OGML, Ren
SensFan (2) = Ren, Goat
vollkan (1) = Goat
MS/Adel is scum....right now, I am only willingly to lynch Adel/MS.
==
SensFan wrote:Posting this in my sig and all ongoing games:
I just got fired from my job. V/LA until further notice.

Fuck that...he inned into another (mish mash) game.

==
Vollkan,

I took “lack of investment” to mean lurking and lack of meaningful posts. So what is your point? It certainly has nothing to do with my point. The point is that Adel and Sens clearly had an agenda. When I attacked Sens stretchy attack of FL, Adel came to Sens defense. I thought that was overly bold and asked what about Sens made Adel think he was town. That was the answer. I don’t believe it and think was a terribly weak defense. I think that Adel was going out of the way to defend Sens because he was in line with Adel’s agenda and Adel didn’t want another wagon starting. Or maybe they are scum together. But that too is overly bold to tie himself to Sensscum with such a flimsy defense. I cant see Adeltown, making such a overly bold statement for someone he is suppose to not know the alignment of.

==
MichelSableheart
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #939 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:42 am

OGML is very focussed on Ren being effectively confirmed. His attacks against Yosarian and me seem to be mainly based on the fact that we refuse to agree with him on this. He even goes as far to claim that a scumpairing of yosarian and Adel did not think the possible results of a nightkill through. I would love to hear him at least comment on the possibility that Ren and Goat are scum together.

OTOH, I think that this singlemindedness is a strong towntell. I have trouble seeing OGML scum all out defending Ren Hoek town as that. As he stated himself, three confirmed innocents is very difficult to deal with. And I doubt that he would be so outspoken in his defense of Ren if the two of them were scum together.

----
The only topic I can see Ren Hoek in, is this main thread. In here, he is simply following OGML and CKD in their attacks on me. He hasn't brought up a single original point of his own. I don't know how strong his attacks against me in the QT have been, but what I see here doesn't give me a good impression. I may be suffering from confirmation bias though.

----
In this thread, CKD didn't show any suspicion of Adel till post #705. His post #676 mentioned that an Adel-Sens pair didn't make any sense, but didn't mention the conclusion that Adel was scum. However, Ren Hoek #674 promised a case against Adel by CKD. Based on that remark, and having seen the quicktopic, I get the impression that CKD had been very outspoken in attacking Adel in the Accounts quicktopic, were Adel couldn't defend against the accusations at all, while not showing any of these suspicions to Adel's face. That seems to be a very backhanded tactic to build support for what I know to be a mislynch. I would be willing to support a CKD lynch

----
Sensfan hasn't been very active, posting nothing relevant at all in the last 2 weeks. IMO, there wasn't really anything wrong with his attack on FaerieLord, but he has been evasive when answering questions about it. I reluctantly could see him lynched today for being a lurker, but I don't want to give up a powerrole each day or force scotmany to use his repairing ability relatively early. I really prefer other lynchtargets.

----
I find myself agreeing with Yosarian almost all of the time. Either he is very strongly trying to buddy up to me, or he has the same alignement as I have. He's probably town.

----

Some other notes:
Appearantly, the cases against Adel and Yosarian have been discussed extensively in the accounts quicktopic before being revealed in the main thread. Are we allowed to see that discussion? In the main thread, OGML was the only one who posted a case against Yosarian2, CKD was the only one who posted a complete case against Adel. Were they also the ones who fanned the flames in the accounts quicktopics, or were other players involved? Who brought up which points? Without knowing who said what, I find it extremely difficult to find the scum on my bandwagon, as I have no idea of the role of each player on it.

and yosarian and goatrevolt never posted a screenshot of their quicktopic, claiming there wasn't much to see. Are we allowed to check this for ourselves?

Finally, I would really appreciate it if those who claim there are too many assumptions in my case against Ren could point them all out to me. Personally, I am unaware of the presence of any unfounded assumptions, and I do not belief I made (m)any assumptions in my actual case.
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #940 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:54 pm

Post by Korts »

OhGodMyLife has been prodded.
scumchat never die
Ren Hoek
Ren Hoek
Goon
Ren Hoek
Goon
Goon

Post Post #941 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:13 pm

Post by Ren Hoek »

MichelSableheart wrote:Finally, I would really appreciate it if those who claim there are too many assumptions in my case against Ren could point them all out to me.

You are assuming a scum team made up of geniuses with IQs above 180, with perfect timing.

Have you ever been scum?
Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum

Post Post #942 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:49 pm

Post by Goatrevolt »

Here is our QT:

Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum

Post Post #943 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:53 pm

Post by Goatrevolt »

On that note:

Can we see the accounting thread, at least in regard to discussion about Adel? I want to see how that all went down.
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #944 (ISO) » Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:02 am

Post by vollkan »

Ren Hoek wrote:
vollkan wrote:I haven't been able to see a clear rationale for suspecting Yos or MSH
What is it in OGML and CKD's arguments that fails to sway you?
Adel/MSH time.

OGML
- Adel is rubbing me the wrong way, focusing too much on theory/breaking-the-game and too little on analyzing the other players.
Yes, she was doing a heavy amount of theory and game-breaking, but as he pointed out he was also doing more analysis than the average player as well. I'm also, additionally, making an allowance for the fact that this is typical Adel play, focussing on logically deconstructing the setup
- Top of page six, Adel seems to be asking leading Qs of seraphim that are designed specifically to make him look scummy, not actually ascertain whether what he did was more likely to come from scum
This doesn't really tackle the issue that your questions were extremely leading. It explains why you asked him anything on the subject in the first place, but does not explain what I actually found scummy about the questions. Again you seem to be dodging the main points I've brought up in favor of answering something related but easier to explain.
126 is not leading at all.

125 is leading, but only in the sense of it identifies faults in Sera's play.
OGML wrote: - Adel's vote and explanation of wanting to see if anyone would follow her is very scummy. There was a whole lot more to work with than just a lurker.
The fact that this apparently did get Voll posting does not excuse the fact that a lurkerhunt or even a lurkerprod-vote was not really appropriate at the time, and seemed to have functioned simply to allow you to ignore the major game movements happening at the time.
IIRC, it wasn't his entire focus and, more importantly, it was a legit info-gathering tool (ie. it wasn't simply a lurker-push)
- Ironic that in post 382 Adel doesn't want to "serve as a pathfinder" for a mislynch but then as far as I can tell ends up being the major thrust behind the FL mislynch.
As I said before: "I remember reading the "pathfinder" thing at the time and finding it puzzling. The way I reasoned it in my head was that I figured that Adel meant that he just wanted to hear everyone's opinions, rather than simply leading with his own. What I don't get, though, is that what Adel says implies very strongly that he did have something to say about Sens which had a reasonable risk of leading to a lynch (otherwise, the sentence serves no purpose). "

In short, the pathfinder thing doesn't bother me, though the Sens thing does.
- Post 391 is a cheap shot from Adel. Its like a madlib where the blank says Scummy Reason underneath it. She doesn't even have to come up with her own, everyone else will just fill it in themselves after this post.
I hate the "posting elsewhere on site" thing and the inferences it leads to (I basically think lurking is alignment independent unless there is damned good evidence to the contrary), but it is so common that I have difficulty seeing it as a scumtell
- Digesting Adel's post of the QT... honestly, it looks good right up to Adel calling people being willing to go after Sens a town-tell for him. The wagon on Sens at this point was a whopping two votes. I'm pretty sure Sens is scum and Adel is either scum with him or totally taken in by virtue of sharing a QT with him.
I'm confused here; I don't get what you mean.
- OK, hold the phone. Adel's quicklynch FL plan looks good at first glance, but on a deeper level it is seriously, seriously terrible. I don't know why at this point Goat is the only one who has pointed out that Ren is very very probably town based on busdrive etc but this fact leaves FL and Sens as the only really viable wagons left. So Adel suddenly comes up with some crazy break-the-game theory of why FL should be quicklynched no questions asked? I call shenanigans. Adel was saving Sens' bacon, pure and simple.
The theory was sound. Again, it was one of those rare cases where town and scum could be expected to act identically.
Adel's failure to grasp that Ren is now p much confirmed is a major red flag. She's been 100% on top of every other mechanical nuance in this game, yet ignores this one and continues pushing the "whose alt are you" and "signal/noise ratio" non-arguments against him.
I missed the Ren confirmation as well, and Adel isn't infallible.
Adel's spectacularly over-the-top defense of Sens makes sense only if she truly knows his alignment.
Because...?
Adel's indirect answers to almost all of the points I raised regarding her is very, very strawman.
They weren't indirect.

CKD
1.) First and for most was his defense of Sens. Sens was acting quite scummy. His (sens) attack and vote of FL (town) was stretchy at best. Adeltown has nothing to gain by defending Sens especially in light of his actions. Adelscum defending Senstown on the other hand not only gains a buddy, but if Sens flips town, buys himself town creds.
What was wrong with the reasoning of the Sens defence?
The first statement was utter nonsense. Adel had been spouting who he thought was scummy for awhile. SO why wait? At first I read this second sentence one way, but rereading it looks odd. Why would hanging Sens be serving as a pathfinder to get a mislynch? I don’t know Sens alignment…would lynching sens be a mislynch?
The "cards close to my chest" thing is weird, I agree - but seem my quoted bit above on the 'pathfinder' defence.
2.) Something about Adel’s 180 in taking the tracker role in their QT thread. One post he offers Sens whatever role he wants, the very next post, Adel takes Tracker. I would like to know what really happened to make adel change his mind. Nothing in the game happened during that time (post 268-270, if I am going my times right) …Though Adel was active on the site at that time…just not in the game. I thinking there was planning going on during that time and that is why you snatched up tracker so fast.
Conjecture. Not enough to warrant my suspicion.
3.) the whole goat thing. I think it is convenient that you just happened to target goat (without having much if any suspicion on him) to confirm exactly what he had already claimed.
This is a valid argument.
5.) Adel lack of putting a case together on anyone. Many time, I have seen adel tunnel vision as town and relentlessly attack who he thought was scum. Twice being on the receiving end of that. This game, he is heavily using game mechanics, lurker theory, and OOG reasoning to lightly push who he “feels is scummy”. Your list of candidates is too wide of a net.
See above on this. I think Adel hasn't been playing unreasonably different from normal, particularly when taking account of the weird setup.
Not a lot I can say to this post, since Adel quit the game. I agree with most that his melt down was a null tell. However, I think Adel knew that I had him pinned against the wall with my case. Instaed of addressing my case, he flips out.
Given the RL factors involved, I'm unwilling to entertain this inference.
MS post (882) still seem chalked full of assumptions (and lack of assumptions) to serve an end goal.
Valid argument. Somewhat of an allowance for the complex nature of the thing he was attempting, but it is still a deeply flawed appraoch.

-------------------------
Okay, some of the arguments raised against Adel are legitimate. And I'd add my own suspicions about the Sens attack in blowup. It's definitely a stronger case than that against Yos, but the scumtells here are all contingent ones, which makes me less than comfortable about it going to lynch (contra Sens)
Budja
Budja
Mafia Scum
Budja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #945 (ISO) » Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:05 am

Post by Budja »

I agree with MSH and Goat. Post the accounting cases.

(@mod, limited access for a week or so.)
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #946 (ISO) » Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:22 am

Post by SensFan »

Alright, so I'm back here.

I'm not sure what I think of the wagon against Adel/MSH, I'l have to look more in detail.

I've only had time to skim what I missed so far, I'll read in more detail later today.
(11:04:10 PM) senspizzaline: That's actually my bold prediction for the year
(11:04:19 PM) senspizzaline: Miami finishes 2nd in the AFCE.
(11:05:35 PM) jhawk01b: my bold prediction for the year is that whoever wins the NFC West will have a winning record
Ren Hoek
Ren Hoek
Goon
Ren Hoek
Goon
Goon

Post Post #947 (ISO) » Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:56 am

Post by Ren Hoek »

SensFan,

Why don't we skip the small talk, and get to the crux of the matter?

Are you scum? If you are, we'll just put you out of your misery, and I'm sure your buddies will be delighted to oblige at this point.
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #948 (ISO) » Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:04 am

Post by SensFan »

Dear Ren Hoek,

I regret to inform you that I am not, unfortunately, Scum. Continue asking others, or myself if we meet again sometime in the future. I wish you the best of luck in finding your buddies this way, since it seems they don't trust you enough to reveal themselves to you.

Sincerely,

SensFan
(11:04:10 PM) senspizzaline: That's actually my bold prediction for the year
(11:04:19 PM) senspizzaline: Miami finishes 2nd in the AFCE.
(11:05:35 PM) jhawk01b: my bold prediction for the year is that whoever wins the NFC West will have a winning record
Ren Hoek
Ren Hoek
Goon
Ren Hoek
Goon
Goon

Post Post #949 (ISO) » Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:07 am

Post by Ren Hoek »

SensFan wrote:I regret to inform you that I am not, unfortunately, Scum.

Thank you. One less thing to worry about. So. Who is the biggest scumbag between Yosarian and Adel/MSH? What do you think of vollkan?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”