Pyromaniac
Pyromaniac
Goon
Pyromaniac
Goon
Goon

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2009 4:15 am

Post by Pyromaniac »

I assume it would be be uncultrecruitable, though it could be mason. I don't understand what you mean by unrecruitable mafia.
Sajin
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2009 4:26 am

Post by Sajin »

I would not put it past tar to put a mafia recruiter in this game. Regardless I can see why you suspected cult recruitment sort of. Hmm.

Last question: What is your printed rarity?
"Against logic there is no armor like ignorance."
Pyromaniac
Pyromaniac
Goon
Pyromaniac
Goon
Goon

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2009 4:48 am

Post by Pyromaniac »

If by imprinted rarity you mean what my role pm says the mythic rare.
Sajin
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2009 5:52 am

Post by Sajin »

MafiaSSK wrote:
Magic the Gathering: Parallel Universe Mafia (Subgame 2: SSK's Setup)

In a place as large as the Blind Eternities, many different worlds can become entwined in a single destiny.

For instance, take the three planes that you now find yourselves in. Each is self-contained... but, as the planeswalkers know, there are ways to traverse the Blind Eternities... and the events of other planes can affect your own.

Especially when you're dealing with people - or other creatures - whose ambitions of conquest are not limited to a single world...

Jammer and Spyrex please respond to the above quote which is the flavor text from MafiaSSK's game. Thanks.

Thanks for the info pyro. Although I don't think your cleared by any means I think the likelihood of you being scum can be proven when a recruiter type role flips. Who do you think is scum besides the claimed neutrals?
Pyromaniac
Pyromaniac
Goon
Pyromaniac
Goon
Goon

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2009 6:27 am

Post by Pyromaniac »

Zito, mufasa to a lesser extent, various lurkers, not including mastin.
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2009 6:44 am

Post by Seraphim »

Pyro, explain your role. What sort of abilities do you have?

Why is Zito suspicious besides the role PM?

Which lurkers?

Mufasa is always scummy, I'm ignoring him for now unless he does something really dumb. Porkens is right, I would not object to a vig killing him.

It looks like Mastin is getting replaced...that's fine with me, he messes up my scumdar.
Pyromaniac
Pyromaniac
Goon
Pyromaniac
Goon
Goon

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:15 am

Post by Pyromaniac »

Chaos omega has one non-confirm post iirc. Some people in fl's game are lurking. I don't like the role pm. And I don't like zito's reaction. I cannot be recruited. To what it does not specify.
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:18 am

Post by Seraphim »

Pyromaniac wrote:Chaos omega has one non-confirm post iirc. Some people in fl's game are lurking. I don't like the role pm. And I don't like zito's reaction. I cannot be recruited. To what it does not specify.
S-s-s-specify, please, thank you.
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:32 am

Post by Kairyuu »

Pyro is totally scum. Tar's SK's and Mafia are the typical non recruitable roles if Mind Screw 3 is any guide. I'm happy with my vote for now.

Sidenote: Expect me to be less than fully active in this game for a few more days. Another game I'm in is coming down to deadline in under 24 hours and requires my attention.
Because, no matter how you dress it up, that's what the world is. A community of idiots doing a series of things until the world explodes and we all die.
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:46 am

Post by Seraphim »

I'm with Kairyuu on this one. I don't think his claim helps him at all. He's extremely lacking on the details...the "unrecruitable" part can't be proven at all. If it looks like a fakeclaim, it probably is a fake claim.

I still want to hear more from ChaosOmega besides dropping in with an opportunistic vote. Also, would be nice to hear more from Malt.
Vino
Vino
Goon
Vino
Goon
Goon

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:57 am

Post by Vino »

Fuck I had a busy weekend and now I have four pages to catch up on, in this thread alone. Chill out people!
Show
[url=http://www.calamityfuse.com/]Calamity Fuse, a multiplayer FPS/RPG[/url]
[url=http://www.blacksheepblues.com/]Black Sheep Blues, a community-reactive online graphic novel[/url]

Total prods: 1
Replaced out: 0
malthusis
malthusis
Mafia Scum
malthusis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:00 am

Post by malthusis »

Also, would be nice to hear more from Malt.
No rush! :D

I'm not against Pyro as much as Kaiyruu is, but everything he's said so far is very shaky and vague. It seems like he's throwing these ideas just to look like he's participating then actually commiting in them.

As much as we can say someone is scummy in other games, don't forget that we can't physically touch/lynch anyone unless they are in here. (This practically means I'm not exactly going to be giving a scum list on everyone in other universes). On the other hand, I'm not really impressed with Spy's grumbling about how we can't affect things in other universes.

*pokes mod to do a vote count/flavor post*
:)
Vino
Vino
Goon
Vino
Goon
Goon

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:13 am

Post by Vino »

First, I hate to comment on something happening in another MTG game, but I feel that this is important enough to be of pertinence to everybody even in this game.
SpyreX wrote:my role is pretty clear about the other games having absolutely no impact on my success.
SpyreX wrote:Except for the fact that, as far as I can tell, they aren't relevant except for how they alter this game - see getting rid of DDD.

Its not a function of post restrictions. My PM is very clear. I am here to win this game and bugger the other two.

The only reason I would have to care about them is if they impacted this one.
If I were in that game I'd vote SpyreX for this. Even so quickly into the game it's quite apparent that reading the other threads can provide insight into the roles and conditions in one's own thread, since many roles and conditions are dependent on things happening in other threads. The town win condition does indeed say "bugger to the other threads" as SpyreX puts it, but that doesn't mean that the town players shouldn't care about what town in other threads do. Those players may be transferred to your thread, or a player in another thread may be shown to have a link to a player in your own thread, providing valuable input on that player. Also, the fact of the matter is that while the three town factions win separately, there's only one scum faction that can day talk with each other, and most likely has members with planeshifting abilities or abilities that can affect planes other than the one a scum is in, and that will make it harder on town if we isolate ourselves. For example, if scum have a RB that can block anybody in any game (just making things up here) then if he dies in another game, he's not a threat to us here either, or if he's revealed in another game, then we know about him here too. It also prevents a scummy scum player from hopping to another game because things aren't going so well for him in his old one, and starting with a clean slate. In other words, we're all in this together. SpyreX is exhibiting behavior that is decidedly anti-town because if everybody does it, that thread will become a black hole and shut itself off from useful information, which will probably make that town faction lose. Scum wants each town faction to isolate themselves and limit information, to make it easier for them to manipulate everybody. I hope somebody copies this over to the other games so people who were thinking of not reading other games can be convinced otherwise.

(By the way, this also tells me that if SpyreX is town he probably doesn't have a role that affects the other subgames in any way.)

In any case, I know that the prevailing winds are to lynch Pyro, and I'm not particularly against that except to play the devil's advocate. He's done a lot of scummy stuff so far and he seems like a good lynch candidate, but he would be a mistake to lynch so quickly, for two reasons. One, we'd miss out on a lot of good information to be had in this early stage, and two, well fuck I forget two, but I had a good two. Anyway it's a bad idea to quicklynch D1, so I won't be joining that wagon.

I actually want to take a look Benmage. Someone mentioned in the other game that DDD has been acting fishy ever since Benmage spilled guts so much. It made me remember that technically, lovers tend to be one town and one scum. Perhaps the lovers mechanic in this game is slightly different, but I think the probability of one town one scum is still pretty high. The way it looks, if there was one scum in the mix it would probably be DDD, and he is trying to hide behind the lovers claim to get out of being scum and get a quick win ticket. Either way though, if we lynch either one of them, they both get removed, and we have about a 50/50 chance of removing a scum from our game. If the scum is in our game, great. If the scum is in their game, then we put some hurt on the scum over there, which I think can karma over to us quite well, since the scum are very well connected. If fl's game wants to take the risk to do the lynch themselves I would like that more, but I don't think it's too risky for us to do as well. In other words, I think Benmage is a good, safe lynch.

PS I'm SO glad we managed to skip the RVS so quickly, I hate it so much.
Show
[url=http://www.calamityfuse.com/]Calamity Fuse, a multiplayer FPS/RPG[/url]
[url=http://www.blacksheepblues.com/]Black Sheep Blues, a community-reactive online graphic novel[/url]

Total prods: 1
Replaced out: 0
Pyromaniac
Pyromaniac
Goon
Pyromaniac
Goon
Goon

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:28 am

Post by Pyromaniac »

Seraphim wrote:
Pyromaniac wrote:Chaos omega has one non-confirm post iirc. Some people in fl's game are lurking. I don't like the role pm. And I don't like zito's reaction. I cannot be recruited. To what it does not specify.
S-s-s-specify, please, thank you.
Flave, I don't remember anyone else off the top of my had and I am not going to look right now.
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:34 am

Post by Seraphim »

Honestly, I think isn't a "safe" lynch, Vino. There's no such thing as a safe lynch. Using that phrase makes me think "Safe as in I-won't-get-called-out-for-it-later safe?". Whenever you lynch someone has town, you are taking a risk. No such thing as a safe lynch.

You are also making giant leaps of faith when you say that there is scum is one of DDD/Benmage. What if they aren't? What if they're just third-party with a funky win condition? I don't think you're scum...but we should be looking for scum. I don't know about DDD...I think FL's game needs to interrogate him further.

So, Vino, to play Devil's Advocate, what sort of scummy things has Pyro done? Restate the case in your own words.

There are a lot of players in games who will make statements without action to back them up. If you think Benmage is a good, safe lynch, why aren't you voting him?
Pyromaniac
Pyromaniac
Goon
Pyromaniac
Goon
Goon

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:57 am

Post by Pyromaniac »

Seraphim wrote:I'm with Kairyuu on this one. I don't think his claim helps him at all. He's extremely lacking on the details...the "unrecruitable" part can't be proven at all. If it looks like a fakeclaim, it probably is a fake claim.

I still want to hear more from ChaosOmega besides dropping in with an opportunistic vote. Also, would be nice to hear more from Malt.
My role name is strong-minded townie. Also, this is not a mind screw game, tar is not in the game.
Pyromaniac
Pyromaniac
Goon
Pyromaniac
Goon
Goon

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:58 am

Post by Pyromaniac »

Randomly, the way I would play that role is the way I would play survivor.
Sajin
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:32 am

Post by Sajin »

Pyromaniac wrote:
Seraphim wrote:I'm with Kairyuu on this one. I don't think his claim helps him at all. He's extremely lacking on the details...the "unrecruitable" part can't be proven at all. If it looks like a fakeclaim, it probably is a fake claim.

My role name is strong-minded townie. Also, this is not a mind screw game, tar is not in the game.
So your a strong minded townie and an unrecruitable townie?

2 role names makes no sense. I smell something....
vote Pyro
Sajin
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:36 am

Post by Sajin »

Vino wrote:(By the way, this also tells me that if SpyreX is town he probably doesn't have a role that affects the other subgames in any way.)
This is exactly what I was trying to say to jammer and spyrex. Thanks.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:46 am

Post by Kinetic »

Kairyuu wrote:Pyro is totally scum. Tar's SK's and Mafia are the typical non recruitable roles if Mind Screw 3 is any guide. I'm happy with my vote for now.

Sidenote: Expect me to be less than fully active in this game for a few more days. Another game I'm in is coming down to deadline in under 24 hours and requires my attention.
I agree with this, but I also believe that Tar is the type of mod to throw and "Unrecruitable Townie" into a game with no recruiting factions.

Something about Pyro is eating at me, he is acting scummy, but there is something else.

Note about Benmage and DDD, the way that it is being handled in both games is remarkably different. In this game I have no problems letting Benmage slide for the time being, but in the other games multiple players have come out against any sort of sliding. Perhaps its is that what Benmage has revealed is greater than DDD and if the other games doesn't have that knowledge they can't draw the same conclusion, but it is something to notice.
Large Theme List Mod Emeritus
On hiatus due to Real Life
Mastin
Mastin
She/Her
Unabridged
Mastin
She/Her
Unabridged
Unabridged
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2009 1:03 pm

Post by Mastin »

I'm confirming+reading.

Appreciated, but see ^^^.

Vote Kinetic
Kinetic wrote:Just so everyone knows, since I've done it before I'm contemplating if some sort of Mass Claim might break this game like other Tar games.
Kinetic's Rolefishing wrote:Particularly I'm wondering if players with the ability to effect another game, or simply if someone is able to move from game-to-game or move others would be a role we'd want in the open.
Reinforcement.

Counterbalance. Answering, Ben-DDD's game.

Scummy.

Detail: Removed from game-->Still town wins. We want BeM+DDD together; still fulfills 'removed' win con.

Not this game. ;)
I'm back! Well, kind-of.
No Access on Weekends
. :/
Advid reader/contributor to MD, as I'm far better in theory than I am in reality. :P

True to my word, I'm retiring. Totally not me. :P
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2009 1:04 pm

Post by Seraphim »

BTW, happy birthday Kinetic. I think I have no problem lynching scum in our game and letting the other games do whatever they like. Benmage has been straight-forward and honest with us and so far there is nothing questionable about his claim.
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2009 1:06 pm

Post by Seraphim »

Oh, welcome, Mastin. Godspeed on your reading...this game has been moving at a comfortable pace for me.

Mod: Hey, Tar, where's the vote count love?
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2009 1:09 pm

Post by Seraphim »

Hey, fools in SSK's game...

Hi. Welcome, finally.
Mastin
Mastin
She/Her
Unabridged
Mastin
She/Her
Unabridged
Unabridged
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2009 1:09 pm

Post by Mastin »

Disliking this.
Pyro explained it well. Role names can be different than actual role. Strong-minded townie, unrecruitable townie, interpreted the same.
Kinetic wrote:Something about Pyro is eating at me, he is acting scummy, but there is something else.
Fencesitting means vote stays.
Also, Pyro's a Easy Lynch (VI).
------
Happy S/B-Days.
I'm back! Well, kind-of.
No Access on Weekends
. :/
Advid reader/contributor to MD, as I'm far better in theory than I am in reality. :P

True to my word, I'm retiring. Totally not me. :P

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”