Newbie 803 - Game Over.

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Einlanzers
Einlanzers
Goon
Einlanzers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #675 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:33 am

Post by Einlanzers »

Vino,
Sure it is MORE likely that the scum stayed on the Porkens wagon, but who's to say that we don't have smart scum that want a clean record? Assuming you do go forward with your plan and jammer is also town then you will lose this game for us. Why play based of assumptions of one vote when you can review interactions of the entire game. After reading all of the alive players interactions with HV and Porkens (besides Vino) I have this list of scumminess:
1) Col. Cathart - You are still my #1 because I don't see how you not hammering a cop makes you 100% town. I'm sorry I'm using your predecessor as my main influence here, but it's the most scummy thing I've found so far.
2) jammer - Pretty much the same things Vino is listing (was on Porkens train and didn't assist with HV lynching).
3) H_H - He's last on my list because after reading his entire game I found quite a number of posts of him attacking HV (not to mention him voting to have him lynched [which yes CC did aswell]).

So I guess if you are 100% on lynching me please please please lynch Col. Cathart or jammer next. I still think CC is scummier than jammer, but I guess that'll be you and H_H's decision tomorrow.
Head_Honcho
Head_Honcho
Goon
Head_Honcho
Goon
Goon

Post Post #676 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:02 am

Post by Head_Honcho »

Well Ein, Vino and I won't be lynching anyone tomorrow because Vino will be dead if today flops. That's an interesting idea about Cathart, I had been worrying about a bussing possibility and I suppose now that you have brought it up I can no longer let myself ignore it.

I'm reluctant to lynch Ein, at least today. Something about the way he sat on that Porkens wagon even when it stalled out completely, I would think just about any scum team would be hesitant to pile onto the claimed cop together. Cathart has some interesting posts:
Col.Cathart wrote:I just don't like when someone's is ignoring me like that. Maybe I'm acting too impulsively, but I really think, I gave him enough chances to prove me wrong, and he didn't take any of them. It almost looks like HE WANTS to be lynched, which makes no sense whatsoever no matter if he's Vanilla/Cop/Scum.

About others: While yes, the more we discuss, the better, but as you can see, there's almost no flow in here. HV disappeared, Jammer and Ein also went silent. Porkens don't want to defend himself properly. It's really troubling, because we are in the same place, we were right after Porkens claim.I support more talk, but if people don't want to talk any longer (as you know, Ein's and HV's last posts were 'My point stands' and they went silent again), then I don't see the point in dragging this day to the deadline, if we cannot bring anything new to the table.

So ok, I won't hammer him yet, but if things will be going the same way for the next few days... Then I really think we'll need that hammer.
This was one of a set of posts in which he's basically telling Porkens that if he keeps lurking he's going to get hammered. Specifically what I didn't like though, was the 'HE WANTS to be lynched, which makes no sense whatsoever no matter if he's Vanilla/Cop/Scum'. Could somewhat be interpreted as a small slip, trying to set himself up to hammer and also to wash his hands of the mislynch.

The other thing that worries me is his vote post on HV, looking back on it it doesn't look like he really thought it would go anywhere when he voted him, which does give it a more interesting spin. Especially considering how he was lurking about while deadline approached to claim our beloved porkens.
Immoral Acts: 0
jammer
jammer
Goon
jammer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #677 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:38 am

Post by jammer »

In anyway, let add something.
I find bussing hard to believe with no doc claims(means no RB), in a situation the cop could easily be hammered. And get us into a 5 players 2 scum lylo without trouble.
iirc(if I'm wrong then blame me)
@Col.: Ein had one vote(?) I think from Porkens, why didn't you vote Ein? And get one of the main suspects at 2 votes instead of the biggest suspect at only one vote close to deadline.

Calling limited access for next week.

Inregular and small posts it will probably be(like this). :(
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #678 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:53 am

Post by Zorblag »

Vote Count 3.2

The numbers by the voters indicate the order in which the vote was cast. If two or more players are tied for the most votes to lynch at the deadline the tiebreaker will be the player who has the earliest active vote.

Einlanzers: 1: Col.Cathart (2)
Col.Cathart: 1: Einlanzers (5)

Not voting: Head_Honcho, jammer, Vino

With 5 alive it takes 3 to lynch. Currently Einlanzers would be lynched at Deadline. Deadline is 3:00 PM EDT/12:00 PM PDT on Friday, August 21st.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Col.Cathart
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #679 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:10 pm

Post by Col.Cathart »

HH wrote:Especially considering how he was lurking about while deadline approached to claim our beloved porkens.
Well, bugger. I knew, it will bite me in the ass at some point. I already explained it, and it's up to you to believe me or not.

About Porkens: Yes I wanted to lynch him. I still think he acted incredibly scummy, even now, when we all now, he was in fact a cop. (similar deal with Santos. In my opinion, Pro-town guy SHOULD NOT act like that). If I would be a cop, I would never play like that. We are really lucky, you and Vino made that job for him. Otherwise I would really hammer him at some point.

Let's face it: Porkens WAS acting scummy, you have to admit it, whether you were attacking him, or not. What's so bad in wanting to hammer a scummy acting guy? Yes, I know, he claimed, but you can claim Queen Elizabeth if you like, and I'm still not going to believe you, if you won't provide me any proofs.

About bussing: As I stated previously, throwing your scum partner under the bus is possible. However, if I would really be a scum, that wouldn't be throwing HV under the bus. No, that would be constructing the bus, telling people to get in, driving it, slamming into the wall of HV's house and smashing him, while he was having spaghetti for a dinner.

Can't you guys see, that this idea is just ridiculous? I had a multiple chance to kill a COP, and yet I decided to let him be (despite he did nothing to defend him, except the claim, which could be just as fake, as vanilla claim of one of us gathered here) and instead I went on someone who turned out to be scum. A scum who had a minimum amount of heat on him, on the top of that. Would a mobster act like that? If yes, then he must be batshit insane.

Not to mention, that bussing argument sounds weird in the mouth of someone, who followed my vote with a lightning speed...

Jammer: At the time, I made a terrible mistake: The tunnel vision. I was concentrating on Porkens and his scummy behavior, and therefore I missed both HV's and Ein's behavior. After I calmed down, I re-checked the older posts, and I noticed few more thing, I missed earlier.

So in short: I didn't vote Ein earlier, simply because I didn't suspect him earlier.
[b]Mini 934[/b] is [b]over![/b] Thanks to everyone participating.

[i]What the hell? That Colonel guy was awesome.[/i] - Fate
Einlanzers
Einlanzers
Goon
Einlanzers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #680 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:14 pm

Post by Einlanzers »

Col.Cathart wrote:About bussing: As I stated previously, throwing your scum partner under the bus is possible. However, if I would really be a scum, that wouldn't be throwing HV under the bus. No, that would be constructing the bus, telling people to get in, driving it, slamming into the wall of HV's house and smashing him, while he was having spaghetti for a dinner.
I just wanted to quote that for humor. I like it :).

@Col.Cathart:
What exactly (please show me ALL points) makes me scummy?
Is there an interaction between HV and I that you thought was buddy-buddy? Or did you think that I was purposefully avoiding him or what?
jammer
jammer
Goon
jammer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #681 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:24 pm

Post by jammer »

I think you somehow misunderstood my question Col. . Ein had one vote(checked it) you voted HV and didn't think you could lynch him with it, while your second suspect at that time (Ein) had already one vote and would be closer to a lynch with the vote.
Might be a strange question as you lynched scum. But I'm just wondering. What made you starting a new wagon instead of making an older bandwagon with a suspect of yours bigger?
Col.Cathart
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #682 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:46 am

Post by Col.Cathart »

Because Ein still didn't answer properly, for the question HH was giving him for a long time. I'm usually waiting for the proper defense to place a vote or not (vide Porkens), so I decided to wait till he'll finally answer. HV on the other hand, when called for active lurking replied with a one liner, which was in fact, yet another scummy post. That meant to me, that HV said everything he wanted in his defense. That's why HV got my vote and not Ein.

Also,
unvote
. I'll re-check all thread again, after I'll be back from work.

Col.Cathart
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #683 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:47 pm

Post by Col.Cathart »

Sorry guys, but my re-check will have to wait. My Father died last night, and I'm not really in a mood to play any mafia game ATM. I'll try to get to get together with this, and be back in the next few days.

I wish you good scumhunting for now.

Einlanzers
Einlanzers
Goon
Einlanzers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #684 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:19 pm

Post by Einlanzers »

I'm sorry to hear that, Col.Cathart. :( I hope that you are OK. Take as much time as you need (I don't speak for the mod when I say this though :/).
jammer
jammer
Goon
jammer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #685 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2009 3:26 am

Post by jammer »

One of your parents dieing, would certainly be one of the worst events in someones live.
I hope you get back to this soon. But I understand why you don't feel like playing.
Vino
Vino
Goon
Vino
Goon
Goon

Post Post #686 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:20 am

Post by Vino »

My condolences.

Vote: Einlanzers

Maybe he did sit on a cop wagon too long. Doesn't mean he's not mafia. I don't think it's not fitting with his play style.
Show
[url=http://www.calamityfuse.com/]Calamity Fuse, a multiplayer FPS/RPG[/url]
[url=http://www.blacksheepblues.com/]Black Sheep Blues, a community-reactive online graphic novel[/url]

Total prods: 1
Replaced out: 0
Einlanzers
Einlanzers
Goon
Einlanzers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #687 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2009 1:56 pm

Post by Einlanzers »

Vino wrote:I don't think it's not fitting with his play style.
GWAH? That double negative throws me for a loop? So you think that me sitting on a cop wagon is my play style? So then why would you vote for me? I'm a bit confused there. In any case besides me pushing for a Porkens lynch since Day 1 and sticking to my guns what other reasons do I appear scummy for?
Vino
Vino
Goon
Vino
Goon
Goon

Post Post #688 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2009 3:06 pm

Post by Vino »

What I meant was, I wouldn't put it past you to do that kind of thing in that situation, in fitting with your general behavior and personality from what I perceive.

Yeah.
Show
[url=http://www.blacksheepblues.com/]Black Sheep Blues, a community-reactive online graphic novel[/url]

Head_Honcho
Head_Honcho
Goon
Head_Honcho
Goon
Goon

Post Post #689 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:06 pm

Post by Head_Honcho »

blehh, a wave of ambivalence has overcome me. it's probably ein.
vote: einlanzers
Einlanzers
Einlanzers
Goon
Einlanzers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #690 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:15 am

Post by Einlanzers »

I feel the same way, H_H. Minus the part about me being scum :P. Anyways what main reasons do you have H_H? And when you guys do lynch me (which will most likely happen), please look at CC and jammer in-depth (in that order please).
Vino
Vino
Goon
Vino
Goon
Goon

Post Post #691 (ISO) » Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:39 am

Post by Vino »

Well it appears that with Cathart gone, it's up to jammer to hammer.
Show

Col.Cathart
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #692 (ISO) » Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:14 am

Post by Col.Cathart »

Well not really. The biggest blow is already behind me, and I'm back. Well not with my full concentration, but definitely enough to finish things off.

I read all those 28 pages and my thoughts:

Jammer played extremely well on day 1, for some reason not so well on day 2. Almost non-existent on day 3. If Ein is not a mafia, then probably he is.

Lupo El Loco was acting incredibly scummy, but HH is playing fine. Since I just got voted for behavior of my predecessor, and I considered it a bullshit, therefore I cannot really consider it as a serious tell.

Ein played weird on day 1 (No Lynch, constant appeal to emotions), likewise on day 2 (mangled to death topic about inconsistency), and now day 3 and yet another appeal to emotions.

And so
vote: Einlanzers

Hopefully, this is the end.

Vino
Vino
Goon
Vino
Goon
Goon

Post Post #693 (ISO) » Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:42 am

Post by Vino »

Awwww I was looking forward to the jammer hammer because I like rhyming.
Show

Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #694 (ISO) » Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:05 pm

Post by Zorblag »

Vote Count 3.3

The numbers by the voters indicate the order in which the vote was cast. If two or more players are tied for the most votes to lynch at the deadline the tiebreaker will be the player who has the earliest active vote.

Einlanzers: 1: Vino (6), Head_Honcho (7), Col.Cathart (8)
Col.Cathart: 1: Einlanzers (5)

Not voting: jammer

With 5 alive it takes 3 to lynch.

Einlanzers, townie
is lynched.

It is now night 3. Deadline for submitting night actions is 7:00 PM EDT/4:00 PM PDT on Wednesday, August 12th.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #695 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:43 am

Post by Zorblag »

Night Three is now over.

Vino, townie
is killed Night Three.

Vote Count 4.0

Not voting: Col.Cathart, Head_Honcho, jammer

With 3 alive it takes 2 to lynch. Currently no one would be lynched at Deadline. Deadline is 7:00 PM EDT/3:00 PM PDT on Wednesday, September 2nd.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Head_Honcho
Head_Honcho
Goon
Head_Honcho
Goon
Goon

Post Post #696 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:56 pm

Post by Head_Honcho »

truth or dare gentlemen
Col.Cathart
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #697 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:04 pm

Post by Col.Cathart »

Well, that NK was pretty obvious.

*Sigh* I really thought, it was Ein... Oh well, back to re-reading the thread.

Head_Honcho
Head_Honcho
Goon
Head_Honcho
Goon
Goon

Post Post #698 (ISO) » Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:19 pm

Post by Head_Honcho »

so dudes, there are three of us. compete for my favor.
Col.Cathart
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #699 (ISO) » Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:19 pm

Post by Col.Cathart »

Whoa, you sound almost like you are a confirmed innocent, beyond any suspicions. I missed something?

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”