The Sopranos: A Deadly Game (GAME OVER!)

ZONEACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:55 pm

Post by ZONEACE »

rajrhcpfreak wrote:how about the fact that you refuse to scum hunt unless someone says "im scum"
but dont get so defensive, im on your side. zwet is the one thats distracting the town.
then why say "the last six post are unhelpful" when in reality, it wasn't the last six posts. And i NEVER said i wouldn't scum hunt, i said i wouldn't be changing my vote. I believe that zwet should and must be the lynch today because he has made it clear that he has no intention of helping the town or even attempting to contribute, even when called out about being nothing but a one liner, he continues to be one.

PRESSURE ON ZWET IS GOOD PLAY.
Late twenties, early Thursdays
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:01 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

MafiaSSK wrote:Why are we talking about mechanics anyways?
Vote Alko
for starting up this whole discussion
Why are you claiming I started this conversation? Because I attacked somebody who accused somebody of being mafia simply for making the least money?

I contributed after the discussion started, yes, and I believe those who are saying that we need to do scumhunting and not discuss role mechanics are right, but I would not say I started this discussion.
AIM account: DolusDeceit [s]not al_kohaulec[/s]
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:08 pm

Post by MafiaSSK »

al_kohaulec wrote:
Vote Alko
Why are you claiming I started this conversation? Because I attacked somebody who accused somebody of being mafia simply for making the least money?

I contributed after the discussion started, yes, and I believe those who are saying that we need to do scumhunting and not discuss role mechanics are right, but I would not say I started this discussion.
Wait, who'd you accuse?
Unvote
Call me "SSK, or "ssk". Mafia is my father.
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:09 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

FoS: Zwet
For his OMGUSy vote on Zoneace. I'd call Zoneace's vote OMGUS, except he was attacking and FOSing Zwet just before his vote, so it's not.

Zwet's vote doesn't appear to have any reasoning behind it either. He's been contributing to the whole job/salary discussion, then when a few players start saying it's a scummy distraction, it looks like he jumps on that bandwagon and cries out scum at the "unknown person" who started the distraction, and then OMGUS votes Zoneace for FoSing him and calling him a lurker.

Vote: Zwet

I saw some of his posts from D1 as potentially excusable, he could've had a reason for them, but it could have gone either way. Now he's looking too opportunistic.
ZONEACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:11 pm

Post by ZONEACE »

CJmiller is the one that attacked Raj for making so little money.
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:18 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

@Zoneace,
and I attacked (or rather questioned pending an attack) CJ for attacking Raj for that reason.

MafiaSSK wrote:
al_kohaulec wrote:
Vote Alko

Wait, who'd you accuse?
Unvote
You might not call it much of an accusation, but this is what I said, directed at CJMiller.
al_kohaulec wrote:
CJMiller wrote:
Vote: rajrhcpfreak

You aren't making enough to please the Family. You must be whacked.
So you're voting for a player who chose to make money instead of kill somebody last night?
And I'm not going to comment yet on this, because CJMiller still has yet to respond, or even to post since then.

But back to you voting me for starting this discussion. Do you think I scummily derailed town with a devious plan to rile up discussion on jobs and salary with that post above? Cause if not, I didn't post again until 3 days, 2 pages later, after the town was deep in discussion on that topic.

FoS: MafiaSSK

How do you possibly conclude that I started this anyways? Especially considering I wasn't here for most of it. That's a pretty wild, and faulty, accusation.
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:19 pm

Post by MafiaSSK »

ZONEACE wrote:CJmiller is the one that attacked Raj for making so little money.
Right then.
Vote CJ
ZONEACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:20 pm

Post by ZONEACE »

al_kohaulec wrote:@Zoneace,
and I attacked (or rather questioned pending an attack) CJ for attacking Raj for that reason.
Oh yeah, i was just answering SSk's question of who.
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:20 pm

Post by MafiaSSK »

al_kohaulec wrote:
MafiaSSK wrote:
al_kohaulec wrote:
Vote Alko

Wait, who'd you accuse?
Unvote
You might not call it much of an accusation, but this is what I said, directed at CJMiller.
al_kohaulec wrote:
CJMiller wrote:
Vote: rajrhcpfreak

You aren't making enough to please the Family. You must be whacked.
So you're voting for a player who chose to make money instead of kill somebody last night?
And I'm not going to comment yet on this, because CJMiller still has yet to respond, or even to post since then.

But back to you voting me for starting this discussion. Do you think I scummily derailed town with a devious plan to rile up discussion on jobs and salary with that post above? Cause if not, I didn't post again until 3 days, 2 pages later, after the town was deep in discussion on that topic.

FoS: MafiaSSK

How do you possibly conclude that I started this anyways? Especially considering I wasn't here for most of it. That's a pretty wild, and faulty, accusation.
I was trying to think quickly who started it and you came to mind. It wasn't a well thought out vote.
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:24 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

MafiaSSK wrote:
Right then.
Vote CJ
Okay, I can see now why you voted me with your pretense. But now I have to ask what you find scummy about CJ's actions? You're voting him for starting this entire discussion that "derailed us from scumhunting" so to speak. But he simply voted Raj for making the least money and hasn't posted since. I am not seeing any logic or reason in your vote for CJ that sounds justified.
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:26 pm

Post by MafiaSSK »

al_kohaulec wrote:
MafiaSSK wrote:
Right then.
Vote CJ
Okay, I can see now why you voted me with your pretense. But now I have to ask what you find scummy about CJ's actions? You're voting him for starting this entire discussion that "derailed us from scumhunting" so to speak. But he simply voted Raj for making the least money and hasn't posted since. I am not seeing any logic or reason in your vote for CJ that sounds justified.
How is distracting from scumhunting not scummy?

And his vote was really loigicless.
ZONEACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:36 pm

Post by ZONEACE »

still would love some more input on my suggestion of an income claim.
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:38 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

MafiaSSK wrote:
al_kohaulec wrote:
MafiaSSK wrote:
Right then.
Vote CJ

His vote really was logicless, but that wasn't the basis for your vote.

The basis for your vote was that CJMiller was distracting the town from scumhunting.

I don't see how CJ's post could have been intentioned as such a big distraction from scumhunting. I would probably agree with whoever said it before, that it was organic. If you tried to put the sole blame on any one player, I could understand Raj or somebody else, but I do not see how CJ's post was meant as a distraction to the town.
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:40 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

ZONEACE wrote:still would love some more input on my suggestion of an income claim.
As far as this and a mass-job-claim, I don't have a strong opinion, but am leaning against it.

I feel that there is too much risk in giving away too much information to the mafia if we claim that (either claim). I don't know how MoS set up the game, so that may not be the case, but right now I don't want to risk it.
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:40 pm

Post by MafiaSSK »

al_kohaulec wrote:
MafiaSSK wrote:
al_kohaulec wrote:
MafiaSSK wrote:
Right then.
Vote CJ

The basis for your vote was that CJMiller was distracting the town from scumhunting.

I don't see how CJ's post could have been intentioned as such a big distraction from scumhunting. I would probably agree with whoever said it before, that it was organic. If you tried to put the sole blame on any one player, I could understand Raj or somebody else, but I do not see how CJ's post was meant as a distraction to the town.
When he voted, he knew he could start a discussion about his reasoning. With a reasoning about mechanics, it's easy to get the town distracted from finding scum.
ZONEACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:42 pm

Post by ZONEACE »

al_kohaulec wrote:
I feel that there is too much risk in giving away too much information to the mafia if we claim that (either claim). I don't know how MoS set up the game, so that may not be the case, but right now I don't want to risk it.
But MoS didn't feel there was sufficient risk (to either side) to reveal 3 of the earners and their earnings each day.
ZONEACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:46 pm

Post by ZONEACE »

EBWOP

I'm not being argumentative, just raising a counterpoint.
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:52 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

Zoneace,
You bring up a good point to consider, but I'm not sold on it yet. I will at least have to think about it some more, but as of now, I'm still against it more than for it.

MafiaSSK wrote:
al_kohaulec wrote:
MafiaSSK wrote:
al_kohaulec wrote:
MafiaSSK wrote:
Right then.
Vote CJ

When he voted, he knew he could start a discussion about his reasoning. With a reasoning about mechanics, it's easy to get the town distracted from finding scum.
While I am finding CJ suspicious, I am finding this a very poor excuse to vote him.

When you say "When he voted,
he knew
..." you are getting very speculative and assuming quite a bit. I don't expect the typical player to try to plan out every which way his/her vote will be interpreted/discussed by the rest of the town when it's made, and by a player such as CJ, I would expect it much less so. And most players's votes are not dragged into such a huge town discussion, not to mention dragged into such independent of any future actions by the player who "initiated" it.
ZONEACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:55 pm

Post by ZONEACE »

al_kohaulec wrote:Zoneace,
You bring up a good point to consider, but I'm not sold on it yet. I will at least have to think about it some more, but as of now, I'm still against it more than for it.
Fair enough.
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:56 pm

Post by MafiaSSK »

al_kohaulec wrote:
MafiaSSK wrote:
al_kohaulec wrote:
MafiaSSK wrote:
al_kohaulec wrote:
MafiaSSK wrote:
Right then.
Vote CJ

While I am finding CJ suspicious, I am finding this a very poor excuse to vote him.

When you say "When he voted,
he knew
..." you are getting very speculative and assuming quite a bit. I don't expect the typical player to try to plan out every which way his/her vote will be interpreted/discussed by the rest of the town when it's made, and by a player such as CJ, I would expect it much less so. And most players's votes are not dragged into such a huge town discussion, not to mention dragged into such independent of any future actions by the player who "initiated" it.
I am
not
saying he consciencously knew that. But it was in the background though process. Most players votes when not regarding a trivial topic are not dragged into a huge town discussion. But when it is a trivial topic such as mechanics ist starts it.
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2009 1:42 am

Post by zwetschenwasser »

I fail to see how an income claim would in any way help us.
UW Huskies Class of 2014!
Spontaneous Bastard Mafia II is accepting replacements.
Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2009 2:28 am

Post by Locke Lamora »

I've got my eye on inHim as well for following me straight on to mneme. I don't see how an income claim would help either; if anything, it's going to perpetuate this mechanics discussion even longer.
If ya smell what The Locke is cookin'!

"Locke Lamora and Andrius, defying all logic since 1081."
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2009 3:24 am

Post by elvis_knits »

inHimshallibe wrote:
Vote Alko
^SSK is a GG.

Also, very much agreed with LL re: mneme.

GGs

SSK
zwet

BGs

mneme
alko/raj - would like this sorted out

vote: mneme
This whole post worries me.

As GG's he picks two players with anti-town play styles. I do not necessarily feel that they are scum this game (I feel neutral on them), but I would never put them down as my top two townies. For one thing, I don't know what they have done that is so pro-town, but also, it makes me worried that inhim is elevating these two players to town leaders.

Then the mneme thing is weird because it's just a straight agreement with lockelamora, with nothing else. No explanation or individual thought. and I think he's done that before this game (unless I am mixing up my memories of other game... we're in a few together right now).

Also, mneme comes out of nowhere as a suspect for me, so I don't really agree with it.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2009 3:27 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Actually... revising thoughts on zwet. I don't like the OMGUS on zone.
zwetschenwasser wrote:Actively lurking. YOU MUST BE KIDDING ME!!!!!!!!! :evil
Unvote; Vote: ZONEACE
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2009 3:29 am

Post by zwetschenwasser »

It wasn't just that post why I voted him.
UW Huskies Class of 2014!
Spontaneous Bastard Mafia II is accepting replacements.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”