Vino
Goon
Vino
Goon
Goon

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:35 am

Post by Vino »

First of all, Papa Zito in FL's game brings up a good point:
Papa Zito wrote:1. We don't know if putting those two together will be detrimental to the town. There's a possibility of "When X and Y card are in play, Effect Z happens"
We probably don't want to test this theory. (PS FL stated in that thread that talking about other MTG games doesn't constitute a modkillable offense of talking about an ongoing game.)

Second, Benmage, what makes you think that somebody is going to give up their powers for a day just to fulfill
your
win condition? I don't really see what's in it for them. Claiming was dumb, your game should have been to try to convince the group that you needed to go
without
having to claim. Nobody's going to bother doing it now.

Third, this just illustrates my point about how we all should be reading the other threads.

Fourth, just highlighting this because it's humorous and for no other reason:
Kinetic wrote:I'm for ignoring Benmage for now, but reserve the right to re-examine my decision at a later time.

@
Benmage
: Do you additionally have a Survivor Win Condition or do you ONLY win by re-uniting with your partner?
Didn't take you very long to re-examine your position, I suppose!
Show
[url=http://www.calamityfuse.com/]Calamity Fuse, a multiplayer FPS/RPG[/url]
[url=http://www.blacksheepblues.com/]Black Sheep Blues, a community-reactive online graphic novel[/url]

Total prods: 1
Replaced out: 0
Sajin
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:37 am

Post by Sajin »

What was the name of your enchantment? And the artifact?

I would also be interested in hearing your fake claim. One less hiding card for scum to use.

And its fine, we can wait for the mod.
"Against logic there is no armor like ignorance."
Sajin
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:39 am

Post by Sajin »

Mod may I quote other sub game?

If not, may I reference post numbers?

Both are permitted. Your last post, however, is Jackassery (Attempting to Use Structure of Role PM for Advantage). - Tar
Sajin
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:41 am

Post by Sajin »

@Zazier- Ah but your method wastes 2 of towns lynches 1 of each sub game. Unless whoever could transport them across the planes was giving up a double vig it would be better to dispose of them that way. Disagree?
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:44 am

Post by Benmage »

True claim:
Baru, Fist of Krosa
Safe claim:
Ib Halfheart, Goblin Tactician

No clue why. I fear someone probably has to kill my safe claim, and I’ve lost this game by being to open. Who knows.
Vino wrote: Second, Benmage, what makes you think that somebody is going to give up their powers for a day just to fulfill
your
win condition? I don't really see what's in it for them. Claiming was dumb, your game should have been to try to convince the group that you needed to go
without
having to claim. Nobody's going to bother doing it now.
You don’t think this is a logical way to not be attacked for not scum hunting….i don’t want to be lynched or NK’d.

@Sajin and Zazie
you two are jumping the gun or some speculation. I will enlighten you very much once mod confirms a question.

Sajin, See in sample role the above the word enchantment is "Townie"...well one of the questions I asked was being able to claim the word above my enchantment. Also that word is the same on the artifact quote/card.
Sajin
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:53 am

Post by Sajin »

I am at work but Baru is the timeshifted/planar chaos version of another card which is the sister of another card which as I recall is Phage the Untouchable (this is off memory, I need to research more at home)

I forget if its phage that is the version of DDD's claim or not. Someone else clarify?
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:55 am

Post by Kinetic »

One thing to note: If there are multiple players who can swap players in games, we don't want DDD and Brnmage BOTH to be swapped, so if we decide to do this we need to also decide which game will "go first" and if nothing happens to let the other game "try".
Large Theme List Mod Emeritus
On hiatus due to Real Life
Vino
Vino
Goon
Vino
Goon
Goon

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:11 am

Post by Vino »

No I don't think so. It's a risky but reasonable tactic, except for the fact that now nobody will help you. Doesn't help to play the "won't get lynched or NK'd" card if playing it means that the only means you previously had to achieve your goal is no longer open to you. How did you expect to get one of you into another game if everybody is supposed to ignore you? What you're saying makes no sense. "Everybody ignore me -- except one person help me win even though it does nothing for you." Right...
Show
[url=http://www.blacksheepblues.com/]Black Sheep Blues, a community-reactive online graphic novel[/url]

Vino
Vino
Goon
Vino
Goon
Goon

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:14 am

Post by Vino »

Also:
DDD wrote:And I'm Asuza, Lost but Seeking.
Not Phage. This is the soft claim, perhaps.
ZazieR wrote:Sajin, Vino just quoted from our game already.
Yeah. This is really fun.
Show

Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:16 am

Post by Benmage »

Vino wrote: "Everybody ignore me -- except one person help me win even though it does nothing for you." Right...
I guess I don't know the mechanics.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:19 am

Post by Benmage »

@Zito
yeah, it'd be using an action. But it'd be confirming were not scum. You don't want scum to get a free pass to the the end. But you dont want to mislynch. Bringing us together sounds like a damn good way to use that action.
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:35 am

Post by Seraphim »

Ugh. I quite don't understand why ZazieR is scum and why Kinetic's post details why...someone should elaborate.

We have a couple of plans on how to deal with DDD and Benmage. First of all, we could lynch one of them. If they are indeed lovers, they should both die. Benmage, is this correct? We could also just ignore them until something happens. Also, we could bow to their wishes and allow them to fulfill their win condition.

But I do like Kinetic's plan...

Hmmm...

I say we go with Kinetic's plan and allow the people who have the ability to move people around to do that.

It's extremely unlikely that the scum faction is spread over the three games...at least, that's what I'm lead to believe. Seeing as there is no effect on the other games if one game ends...

I'm not sure who is scum yet...I'm trying to get reads but all this set-up discussion makes it difficult.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:45 am

Post by Benmage »

Oh uhm, I guess I should've of clarified. Kinetic's post 71 is off. Hopefully I can fill in the blanks once I hear from Tar.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:51 am

Post by Benmage »

Seraphim wrote: First of all, we could lynch one of them. If they are indeed lovers, they should both die. Benmage, is this correct?
It doesn't say if DDD dies I die. But i assume as much being lovers and that with him dead there's no way I could fulfill my win condition.
Seraphim wrote:Also, we could bow to their wishes and allow them to fulfill their win condition.
^This
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:59 am

Post by Seraphim »

Benmage wrote:
Seraphim wrote: First of all, we could lynch one of them. If they are indeed lovers, they should both die. Benmage, is this correct?
It doesn't say if DDD dies I die. But i assume as much being lovers and that with him dead there's no way I could fulfill my win condition.
Seraphim wrote:Also, we could bow to their wishes and allow them to fulfill their win condition.
^This
Actually, never mind. If one of you were to die, the other would have lost, meaning he would leave the game anyway.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:17 am

Post by Benmage »

:Facepalm:

Stop jumping the gun like Zito just did. Let get my damn answer from Tar.
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:21 am

Post by Seraphim »

It's the truth. I'm not saying we
should
kill you(I am in the camp that we should try and get rid of you by letting you fulfill your damn win condition), I'm just saying that if we killed you, DDD would die too and vice-versa.
Pyromaniac
Pyromaniac
Goon
Pyromaniac
Goon
Goon

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:21 am

Post by Pyromaniac »

You could be I dunno a cult.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:22 am

Post by Benmage »

Zzzz What he says is false. it's not his fault. He's just misinformed, and ASSUMING to much. Trying to clarify a further claim of mine with the mod. HINT HINT read between the lines. If what Zito says is false what do you think I am.
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:22 am

Post by Seraphim »

Vino wrote:Second, Benmage, what makes you think that somebody is going to give up their powers for a day just to fulfill your win condition?
I thought about this and wondered...what exactly would someone with switching powers do besides stuff like this? I mean, the target went right out and claimed...it's like being a vig and having scum claim Day 1. It's obvious who you're going to kill that night...
Pyromaniac
Pyromaniac
Goon
Pyromaniac
Goon
Goon

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:23 am

Post by Pyromaniac »

Seraphim wrote:So, in summary:

Benmage has claimed 3rd party lover with DDD in FL's game. His win condition is get into the other game with his lover. If this occurs, they will both leave the game. Benmage wants everyone else to ignore him so that there will be no mislynches on him and so he will not get NKed.

Alright.

I'll buy it.

FoS: Pyromaniac
Reading is awesome and you should try it sometime.
Just because you do doesn't mean I do.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:23 am

Post by Benmage »

Pyromaniac wrote:You could be I dunno a cult.
I am not a cult recruiter or anything more than what I've already said. Maybe I am something less than what is assumed.
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:24 am

Post by Seraphim »

Pyromaniac wrote:
Seraphim wrote:So, in summary:

Benmage has claimed 3rd party lover with DDD in FL's game. His win condition is get into the other game with his lover. If this occurs, they will both leave the game. Benmage wants everyone else to ignore him so that there will be no mislynches on him and so he will not get NKed.

Alright.

I'll buy it.

FoS: Pyromaniac
Reading is awesome and you should try it sometime.
Just because you do doesn't mean I do.
WTF? Are you saying you don't read the game? How the hell do you play then?
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:25 am

Post by Seraphim »

Benmage wrote:Zzzz What he says is false. it's not his fault. He's just misinformed, and ASSUMING to much. Trying to clarify a further claim of mine with the mod. HINT HINT read between the lines. If what Zito says is false what do you think I am.

This post made no sense. And that's saying something. I read between the lines and there was a lot of gray.

Please explain what you mean...who is this addressed to?
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:28 am

Post by Benmage »

Addressed to anyone. You guys are missing it, but I will make it clear once I hear from Tar, i actually asked FL, who told me to wait to hear from tar :P .

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”