Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:16 am

Post by Benmage »

Vino wrote:How then do you expect to get over to the other game?
If others can move me?? I don't know the mechanics....or once a faction wins in this game and the subgames merge. I don't affect you guys win conditions.
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:17 am

Post by Seraphim »

Exactly.

I don't like survivors(which is, in essence, what you are). I might try to get you lynched simply because your win condition doesn't involve scum-hunting.
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:18 am

Post by Seraphim »

Benmage wrote:
If others can move me?? I don't know the mechanics....or once a faction wins in this game and the subgames merge. I don't affect you guys win conditions.
Sorry, but it does affect our win conditions. You have claimed useless non-scum-hunting piece of meat. If it comes to LYOL later, you could swing either way if it suits your win condition.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:19 am

Post by Benmage »

Seraphim wrote:
Exactly.

I don't like survivors(which is, in essence, what you are). I might try to get you lynched simply because your win condition doesn't involve scum-hunting.
But thats the dumbest thing ever..it wastes a lynch. How else should I of played this third party neutral?

I won't scum hunt...but at least I won't add to confusion, or be scum misleading you. And scum don't have to nk me... really i felt initial claiming was most logical.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:21 am

Post by Benmage »

Seraphim wrote:
Benmage wrote:
Sorry, but it does affect our win conditions. You have claimed useless non-scum-hunting piece of meat. If it comes to LYOL later, you could swing either way if it suits your win condition.
I don't know what to tell you...if your town, play a better game so you dont get to lylo..wasting a lynch on me isn't helping you get to that goal.
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:22 am

Post by Seraphim »

That's what I thought too, in another one of Tar's game(Haruhi Mafia, Mini Theme, I asked the town to lynch me on D1 to achieve powerful powers). This was a mistake. Logic has no place in a Tar game even if other mods are involved.

The thing is, as I have stated earlier, you have claimed useless meat. This gives you an excuse not to scum hunt. Not scum hunting is anti-town.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:24 am

Post by Benmage »

Seraphim wrote: Not scum hunting is anti-town.
Ignore me. Everyone. Pretend I got killed N0. It's that simple.
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:25 am

Post by Seraphim »

Seraphim wrote:That's what I thought too, in another one of Tar's game(Haruhi Mafia, Mini Theme, I asked the town to lynch me on D1 to achieve powerful powers). This was a mistake. Logic has no place in a Tar game even if other mods are involved.

The thing is, as I have stated earlier, you have claimed useless meat. This gives you an excuse not to scum hunt. Not scum hunting is anti-town.
And looking at FL's game, is DDD your lover?

Also, if you are reunited with your lover in whatever game, do you both leave, having won the game together?
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:26 am

Post by Benmage »

Seraphim wrote:
Seraphim wrote:That's what I thought too, in another one of Tar's game(Haruhi Mafia, Mini Theme, I asked the town to lynch me on D1 to achieve powerful powers). This was a mistake. Logic has no place in a Tar game even if other mods are involved.

And looking at FL's game, is DDD your lover?

Also, if you are reunited with your lover in whatever game, do you both leave, having won the game together?
Yes we are both removed. We both personally win, fulfilling our win condition.
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:27 am

Post by Seraphim »

Answer my first question. It's fairly obvious, honestly, but I just want to hear it from your mouth.
Sajin
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:28 am

Post by Sajin »

I like my vote. Not to mention his lover may be scum (albeit in another thread) although his lover could be town.

Questions:
Can you talk to your lover?
Do you know what subgame they are in?
How many people are in your QT?

Benmage wrote:

Please state everything you know about "subgames merging".
"Against logic there is no armor like ignorance."
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:29 am

Post by Benmage »

Sajin wrote: Please state everything you know about "subgames merging".
Nothing from pm's...just what i gathered from the total rules...what i suspected when we were just signing up...is this false?

Yes DDD is my lover. We were allowed to make a QT. We can talk...so daytalk in it.
Pyromaniac
Pyromaniac
Goon
Pyromaniac
Goon
Goon

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:30 am

Post by Pyromaniac »

Benmage wrote:
Pyromaniac wrote:WHy should we trust your claim?
Why not?
What if you were scum. You would by yourself a free ticket to endgame.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:33 am

Post by Benmage »

Pyromaniac wrote:
Benmage wrote:
Pyromaniac wrote:WHy should we trust your claim?
Why not?
What if you were scum. You would by yourself a free ticket to endgame.
But DDD is claiming lover in another thread.

You can see my scum newbie games. I've never done this. You can see all my town games..clearly never did this. How would you of suggested winning a lover neutral third party where all i have to do is get the same game.

I was baffled by this role and didn't know how to approach it. This early claim to get everything out on the table seemed most logical.
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:34 am

Post by Seraphim »

So, in summary:

Benmage has claimed 3rd party lover with DDD in FL's game. His win condition is get into the other game with his lover. If this occurs, they will both leave the game. Benmage wants everyone else to ignore him so that there will be no mislynches on him and so he will not get NKed.

Alright.

I'll buy it.

FoS: Pyromaniac
Reading is awesome and you should try it sometime.
Sajin
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:34 am

Post by Sajin »

DDD, if you are reading this please post if your neutral scum or town. Thanks.
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:36 am

Post by Seraphim »

On that note, does anyone have any information that indicates that the attack/defense numbers on our role PMs actually do anything? I don't need to know anything about your role PM, just about the numbers and if they have any use.
Sajin
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:48 am

Post by Sajin »

Blame Benmage not me DDD. (and hey, I have been lovers with you, DDD)

So Benmage do you have any other useful abilities other than your QT?
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:51 am

Post by Benmage »

Sajin wrote:Blame Benmage not me DDD. (and hey, I have been lovers with you, DDD)

So Benmage do you have any other useful abilities other than your QT?
Blame me for?

I don't know what you mean by useful abilities..Like actions??

Regardless I have nothing other than the QT, WHICH we were merely told we were allowed to create. DDD made it.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:56 am

Post by Kinetic »

Seraphim wrote:On that note, does anyone have any information that indicates that the attack/defense numbers on our role PMs actually do anything? I don't need to know anything about your role PM, just about the numbers and if they have any use.
Judging purely from the "Vanilla Townie" PM that was posted I doubt it.

I'm for ignoring Benmage for now, but reserve the right to re-examine my decision at a later time.

@Benmage
: Do you additionally have a Survivor Win Condition or do you ONLY win by re-uniting with your partner?

I'll explain more in a bit.

Just so everyone knows, since I've done it before I'm contemplating if some sort of Mass Claim might break this game like other Tar games. From being on both sides of Tar's mind set (playing in B5/MSM3, backup-modding Haruhi) I know that he plants a few red herrings and punisher roles if this is not done carefully.

That being said, I'm going to continue to examine my own role, and any other additional information we receive to see if some sort of claim might help us.

Particularly I'm wondering if players with the ability to effect another game, or simply if someone is able to move from game-to-game or move others would be a role we'd want in the open.

Again, just speculating at this time, some more talking on these points would be helpful to me.
Large Theme List Mod Emeritus
On hiatus due to Real Life
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:59 am

Post by Benmage »

Kinetic wrote:
@Benmage
: Do you additionally have a Survivor Win Condition or do you ONLY win by re-uniting with your partner?
I only win by being re-united with my partner. Once that juncture is reached we are removed instantly.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:07 am

Post by Kinetic »

Benmage wrote:
Kinetic wrote:
@Benmage
I only win by being re-united with my partner. Once that juncture is reached we are removed instantly.
Ok, in that case Benmage it is in YOUR best interests to stay alive as long as possible, am I correct in assuming that?

For those who are not along my thought process right now, what this means is that Benmage is effectively a TOWN-leading survivor.

In LyLo, Benmage will vote for scum, not town, because he wants the game to last longer in order to fulfill his win condition.

However, this also means in LyLo we're in a BAD situation if he decides to leave suddenly.

So, while I would like to keep Benmage in our game longer (effectively keeping us farther away from LyLo), if someone can remove him or DDD from the equation, sooner is better than later.

If it starts coming down to LyLo, we cannot afford to lose Benmage, and at that point Benmage you will HAVE to scum hunt and help the town. I'm pretty sure if the scum win you'll lose, but I'm not so sure if the town win this subgame if you'll lose. The way I'm thinking is if the town "win", you can still be pulled into DDD's game, am I correct about that?

Actually... from reading the Town WC again, I don't believe town can win until Benmage is killed or removed. Thus, if we remove all the scum, we can effectively No-Lynch until Benmage can be removed and win himself.

So, this is my thoughts: I wouldn't like Benmage removed RIGHT away, (I'd like to at least make sure he is OK with the plan in motion of him assisting the town if the game gets low, say to 6-7 players), but effectively if we can remove him the equivalent of Night 2 that would be best.

And if Benmage CANNOT be removed by Night 2, he must be willing to scum hunt and play toward the betterment of the town. I'm assuming the scum WC doesn't require all other WCs to be effectively null like the Town one does.
Large Theme List Mod Emeritus
On hiatus due to Real Life
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:12 am

Post by Benmage »

Let me just check something with the mod before i get modkilled.
Sajin
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:25 am

Post by Sajin »

Benmage- Really? Nothing. You want to move across the planes yet and have nothing to give except indentured servitude?

And I agree with DDD, Zazier is scum.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:33 am

Post by Benmage »

Sajin wrote:Benmage- Really? Nothing. You want to move across the planes yet and have nothing to give except indentured servitude?
Ohhh you want more role information...yeah yeah one sec also waiting on mod check.

But let me break this down. You see in the sample role. It is broken into two quotes. The character quote and the enchantment which is the win condition. Essentially two cards right?

Well the QT was a third quote which said we lovers were allowed to communicate and suggested we make a QT, which is what DDD did. This quote was an
Artifact
. Bam

Also I have my regular card to claim, but was also given a safe claim for what its worth.

More to come, waiting on mod.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”