Newbie 818 (Game Over)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
MiteyMouse
MiteyMouse
He's too nICe
MiteyMouse
He's too nICe
He's too nICe

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:16 am

Post by MiteyMouse »

Right now I'm looking at Pomagranate. I'm fine with her being the third voter but, her then removing the vote makes me suspicious. I know she had reasons for it but, it is noted.
The more I see, the less I know
The more I'd like to let it go.
Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:49 am

Post by Pomegranate »

Pablo Molinero wrote: Same question, I'll give my answer later: How do people feel about a lurker-lynch NOW?

Not good. At least as far as right NOW. I think we could wait until closer to deadline.
adamrights
adamrights
Goon
adamrights
Goon
Goon

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:51 am

Post by adamrights »

Some quick thoughts: I definitely think between Exalt, DB and Pom there is a scum. My gut is leaning toward Pom. You've been showing a tendency to question if I'm suspicious lately (sort of like Pablo), which seems like the right tactic to me if your scum, see someone acting suspicious, but know they're town...that way you could come aboard around vote 4 if another person hops on me, and make it like you were convinced by the crowd plus you took a roll of the dice (which I guess we're all doing to some degree). I'm trying to make scum reads off reactions off me...

As for a lurker-lynch vote...I'm not really for it. Whose been lurking lately? Syramonds? You haven't answered my question yet...
adamrights
adamrights
Goon
adamrights
Goon
Goon

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:58 am

Post by adamrights »

Katy wrote:
adamrights wrote:
Really now? Because looking back at my record you've been able to deduce that this usage seems a bit forced? How so?8-)
So looking back at sraymonds's record you've been able to deduce that his "newbieness" is an act?

Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)
adamrights
adamrights
Goon
adamrights
Goon
Goon

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:00 am

Post by adamrights »

EBWOP: :D
Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:04 am

Post by Pomegranate »

adamrights wrote:Some quick thoughts: I definitely think between Exalt, DB and Pom there is a scum. My gut is leaning toward Pom. You've been showing a tendency to question if I'm suspicious lately (sort of like Pablo), which seems like the right tactic to me if your scum, see someone acting suspicious, but know they're town...that way you could come aboard around vote 4 if another person hops on me, and make it like you were convinced by the crowd plus you took a roll of the dice (which I guess we're all doing to some degree). I'm trying to make scum reads off reactions off me...

As for a lurker-lynch vote...I'm not really for it. Whose been lurking lately? Syramonds? You haven't answered my question yet...
I think that if I am lynched, when I flip town you will say that you were convinced by Miteymouse, Youdontknow, and Exalt, who have all professed to being somewhat suspicious of me so far.
Exalt
Exalt
Mafia Scum
Exalt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:16 am

Post by Exalt »

Katy wrote:
adamrights wrote: This is a fun game, but you really have to like argument and have to be prepared to take a lot of flack without taking it personally.

I know at times if I've had a stresssful day and I sign on to find people calling me "scummy," "shady," "suspicous," etc. I sometimes have a hard time with it until I calm down a bit and remember the nature of the game.

Right now I've got a fairly null read on sraymonds. His sense of being overwhelmed rings true to me, but I believe that could be the case with him no matter which side he's on, as I've said previously.

Also I agree with what katy said about the stressful day thing. I've gone off on people in mafia when I've had a bad day and they are attacking me for something too (Pablo should know this haha). Sometimes its a good thing to make other people upset though, because no matter how good a person can play scum, emotions tend to betray you.

And I agree with the null tell on sraymonds...... BUT I don't like his lurking. He can contribute SOMEWHAT at least, even if he doesn't understand everything. He needs to stop doing it.

MOD:
How long til our deadline? Whats the date for it, because I forgot and you did say you were going to do a vote count today. Can you add the time frame til deadline to it please?

The game is run with fixed 3 week deadlines, which means deadline is 3 weeks from the beginning of D1. August 14th.

Pablo Molinero wrote:Still here, still writing papers (ugh), still lurking.

Same question, I'll give my answer later: How do people feel about a lurker-lynch NOW?
I'd like to avoid it if we could. If there is still no content close to deadline and I see a bandwagon on a player I think is town, I will go with a lurker lynch instead. I'm really hoping youdon'tknow and sraymonds post sometime soon though. The more content the better right now.

adamrights wrote:Some quick thoughts: I definitely think between Exalt, DB and Pom there is a scum.
I'm fine with that, but can you explain why I'm on your list at least? Is it because I voted you?
hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:16 pm

Post by hohum »

I know the replacements are starting to become a pain in the ass guys. Please bear with me (AND DON'T FLAKE PLEASE)

Kirbyoshi replaces sraymonds
Kirbyoshi
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:12 pm

Post by Kirbyoshi »

/confirm as replacement

Posting PBPA tomorrw, I'm kinda tired, but I'll still respond to more recent posts.
Show
Kirbyoshi 2.0 records:
Town: 1-0

"I view myself as a turtle..."--Heilograph
"We were all noobs once...except Chuck Norris."--CHAOSDRAGON88
Kirbyoshi
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:23 pm

Post by Kirbyoshi »

EBWOP: However, I will post two people I am suspicious of...
adamrights wrote:Some quick thoughts: I definitely think between Exalt, DB and Pom there is a scum. My gut is leaning toward Pom. You've been showing a tendency to question if I'm suspicious lately (sort of like Pablo), which seems like the right tactic to me if your scum, see someone acting suspicious, but know they're town...that way you could come aboard around vote 4 if another person hops on me, and make it like you were convinced by the crowd plus you took a roll of the dice (which I guess we're all doing to some degree). I'm trying to make scum reads off reactions off me...

Don't know why, but this post seems kinda scummy...it's like you've been just playing around almost all day, and now all of a sudden you start scum-hunting? Feeling some pressure?

Also, I'm a little suspicious of Deep Blue. (Before anyone says anything, I checked the rules, and I'm allowed to do this.) You see, I was actually supposed to replace DB, but he apparently posted just before his prod deadline. That's lurky-scummy, wouldn't y'all say?
Show
Kirbyoshi 2.0 records:

hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:52 pm

Post by hohum »

Official Vote Count:

adamrights(2): katy, Exalt

Pomegranate(1): Youdontknow
Youdontknow(1): Pomegranate
Deep Blue(1): Kirbyoshi

Not Voting(4): MiteyMouse, Pablo Molinero, adamrights, Deep Blue
Last edited by hohum on Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:12 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Kirbyoshi
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:07 pm

Post by Kirbyoshi »

Also, that tells me that I need to
unvote: Pomegranate
because I'm not getting the same vibe from her as everyone else.

Vote: Deep Blue
for lurking (and giving me false hopes of replacing someone with such a bland avatar :P )
Show
Kirbyoshi 2.0 records:

Kirbyoshi
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:14 pm

Post by Kirbyoshi »

Vote count still shows sraymonds's vote on Pom, thereby listing 10 people in a 9-person game.
Show
Kirbyoshi 2.0 records:

Youdontknow
Youdontknow
Townie
Youdontknow
Townie
Townie

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:57 pm

Post by Youdontknow »

@ Exalt: No lurking here, haven’t had much to comment on.

To answer your question though, Pomegranate is still my number one and I see no reason to place my vote anywhere else at this moment. The only person to me who is as suspicious as Pomegranate is adamrights. In post 184, Kirbyoshi literally took the words out of my mouth when he commented on adam. adamright’s attack on sraymonds so long after the fact is really scummy in my eyes. I was also unconvinced about him asking people to vote for himself. That play makes no sense to me at all. Perhaps adam was dead set at proving he was not afraid of being lynched? To me, that is a scum tell because I think only the Mafia would be so concerned at proving their innocence. In (more or less) Kirb’s words, it really feels like he is scum-hunting for the sake of scum-hunting. Although new to the game, this seems like the action of a Mafia member.

@ adamrights: Why go after sraymonds’ post 88 now that we are so far into the game? I’m also confused why Exalt is in your top suspects list. You did not give any information about why you are suspicious of him. Why is he there? Finally, part of your reasoning behind your idea that Pomegranate is scum is that she has acted in a similar way to Pablo. Why do you not suspect Pablo as scum in that case?

On another note, I find it odd that there were essentially no posts made regarding Pomegranate as Mafia until I brought up my suspicions in post 143. Exalt, Mitey, and now adamrights have all claimed that they find Pomegranate scummy but never gave any ‘hard’ evidence as their proof. adamrights talked about Pomegranate in post 177 but at least to me, his post was an OMGUS attack. To the people who think Pomegranate is scummy, I have a question—why?

@ Pablo: For the record, I am against a lurker-lynch at this point. We still have seven or eight days left and I think we are getting closer. I do have a question for you though, Pablo. I’ll be quite frank and admit that I have not gotten a Mafia vibe from you yet though I still wonder why you are pushing the lurker-lynch so hard. Discounting the replacements, the only lurker we have really had is Deep Blue. I would not call you incessant about the lurker-lynch but you have brought it up a few times now. Do you really think that a lurker-lynch would help open up this game?
Katy
Katy
Goon
Katy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:57 pm

Post by Katy »

To the people who think Pomegranate is scummy, I have a question—why?
I want to second this question, although not for the same reasons. I haven't gotten a scum read off of Pomegranate at all. If I had to find something scummy about her, it may be that she seems so reasonable that it could be a carefully calibrated "scum-playing-townie" performance, but at this point that feels paranoid.

So I'd like some specific points or posts of people who find her scummy, particularly since none of those are backed up by a vote yet.

As for a lurker lynch, the mod seems to have been fairly active with prods and replacements, and we have plenty of time to put some pressure on active lurkers if someone seems to be playing that way. I would want to go that route only as a last resort, if it's nearing deadline and all cases for lynching are very weak still. I feel like we're getting to the point in the discussion where we'll have enough info to narrow down suspicions more effectively.
I'll never get used to anything. Anybody that does, they might as well be dead.

My Games
Youdontknow
Youdontknow
Townie
Youdontknow
Townie
Townie

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:38 pm

Post by Youdontknow »

@ Katy: The "scum-playing-townie" vibe is the exact same one I got and why I voted for her. I wrote a bit about why I felt Pomegranate was scum on post 143. The main reason I asked other people to post why they felt she was scummy because I am nerved by the bandwagon that post seemed to have started.
Exalt
Exalt
Mafia Scum
Exalt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:57 pm

Post by Exalt »

Youdontknow wrote: To the people who think Pomegranate is scummy, I have a question—why?
I said she is #2 atm, simply based on what you said that I agreed with.
Youdontknow wrote:The main reason I vote for Pomegranate is the way she acted at the start of the game. P
omegranate did not contribute a lot of substance but was quick to jump on the bandwagon of both sraymonds (37) and Jackinthebox (95)
. Pomegranate gave little explanation for her suspicion of either player, except for a short and confusing remark to Jackinthebox (98).

I also said we have little to no content to work with atm and I'm kind of getting tired of it. No one is really scum hunting at all right now, and I feel like I'm having to force the issue to even get people to post ANYTHING.

Adamrights continues to be confusing and not answering questions directly. That is getting irritating.

Miteymouse continues to not scum hunt.

LB is lurking and not answering questions.

Youdontknow has said he has "nothing to post".

Pablo has real life issues and has been active lurking.

sraymonds finally got replaced, but otherwise he was lurking.

This is getting stupid. We have a week left and even after re-reads I feel like I'm grasping for straws trying to find something scummy about people. Too many of you are not posting anything of substance OR scum hunting whatsoever, and generally are avoiding answering questions.

That being said:
Youdontknow wrote: Discounting the replacements, the only lurker we have really had is Deep Blue.
I disagree completely. ALL the replacements pretty much have been lurking and generally NOT scum hunting. A few of you have done some things, but players like miteymouse have done nothing but chime in with IC helpfulness every now and then.

With a week left, can people get their asses in gear? I'm tired of trying to draw discussion out every post I make just to see it fizzle because you all want to post one liners. Post something of substance.

As far as polm goes, she is dropping from my list very quickly the longer I see people like Pablo and Mitey and LB actively lurk and not posting any content.

Pablo keeps bringing up the "would you go for a lurker lynch" thing, but I think he is doing it with a sinister goal in mind at this point. HE is actively lurking as he typed the damn question. I think he just wants to make sure he will get away with his lurking, and if anyone tries voting him for it he will use everyone's statements of "I am against lurker lynching" against them as his defense.

Either way, I would prefer you all to start posting content and contributing rather than lurker lynching, but this is getting ridiculous. You are ACTIVE lurking. You aren't going to be replaced, yet you aren't posting content. You are effectively stalling the fuck out of this game when we have a deadline, and that is an anti-town move. Get your asses in gear or get my vote.
Kirbyoshi
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2009 4:31 am

Post by Kirbyoshi »

I just noticed something. Not only is adamrights not really contributing anything (except when he is inescapably forced to), he's probably the most "active" player that does not have a vote on anyone yet. This could be for a number of reasons, but I'm leaning toward the option that he and his scumbuddy haven't figured out a target yet.

Let's get rid of him already, since most of us agree that he's the most suspicious.

Unvote Deep Blue

Vote: adamrights
Show
Kirbyoshi 2.0 records:

Pablo Molinero
Pablo Molinero
Goon
Pablo Molinero
Goon
Goon

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:14 am

Post by Pablo Molinero »

Heh, wow.

Unvote, Vote: Kirbyoshi

Finishing up my paper. Hopefully I can post later today and explain, but DAMN has Kirbyoshi rocketed to my #1. In the meantime, think about it yourselves.
SAMMICHES SAMMICHES SAMMICHES
Kirbyoshi
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:17 am

Post by Kirbyoshi »

Care to elaborate, Pablo?
Show
Kirbyoshi 2.0 records:

Kirbyoshi
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:26 am

Post by Kirbyoshi »

I just think it's very interesting that Pablo's mindset is that getting rid of an obvious mobster is a scummy thing to do. Could it be that Pablo is the other scum?
Show
Kirbyoshi 2.0 records:

Exalt
Exalt
Mafia Scum
Exalt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:35 am

Post by Exalt »

Kirbyoshi wrote:I just think it's very interesting that Pablo's mindset is that getting rid of an obvious mobster is a scummy thing to do. Could it be that Pablo is the other scum?
I do know that this is not how pablo played as town in a past game with him. At the moment he is actively lurking, making one liner posts, and then voting without reason.

This doesn't look very pro-town to me.

Pablo, I would like a reason as well. Don't vote someone without giving a reason, because to me it looks scummy. Are you scum?
Exalt
Exalt
Mafia Scum
Exalt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:37 am

Post by Exalt »

Pablo Molinero wrote:DAMN has Kirbyoshi rocketed to my #1. In the meantime, think about it yourselves.
The only reason I can see it as being scummy is his 3rd vote on adamrights... which you voting him back could also be seen as a chainsaw defense as you HAVE defended adamrights before.

I think I will let this thing play out and see what everyone has to say. This is going to get interesting.
Pablo Molinero
Pablo Molinero
Goon
Pablo Molinero
Goon
Goon

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:08 am

Post by Pablo Molinero »

Exalt wrote:
Kirbyoshi wrote:I just think it's very interesting that Pablo's mindset is that getting rid of an obvious mobster is a scummy thing to do. Could it be that Pablo is the other scum?
I do know that this is not how pablo played as town in a past game with him. At the moment he is actively lurking, making one liner posts, and then voting without reason.

This doesn't look very pro-town to me.
Yeah, but I have explained my situation many times over to you people. I JUST finished my final research paper and (with my boss out of town and this being my last day of work) I can get back to playing starting... now.

Anyways, my knee-jerk reaction to Kirbyoshi is due to the tone and style of his vote-post, not so much the person he voted for (although I can legit see where you're coming up with the idea of me busting out the "chainsaw defense". I assure you, this is not the case.) Let's do a breakdown of all the things I don't like in one little post:

Kirbyoshi
Not only is adamrights not really contributing anything
Exalt just went on a rant about many people not contributing anything and I was inclined to agree. Citing people for recent inactivity/ineffectiveness would lynch 2/3rds of the whole town!

Kirbyoshi
he's probably the most "active" player that does not have a vote on anyone yet.
Timidity on votes is never a scummy thing, in my experience. If scum does not vote to divert attention away from themselves, then what are they gonna do? Just roll over and die? Not a valid point, imo.

Kirbyoshi
This could be for a number of reasons, but I'm leaning toward the option that he and his scumbuddy haven't figured out a target yet.
...really? Scum not figuring out a target? In a newbie game, there's always someone to get an easy lynch on Day 1 based on newbie behavior. In this case, if you want examples, I could easily see scum tearing apart Deep Blue and/or sraymonds/you.

Kirbyoshi
Let's get rid of him already, since most of us agree that he's the most suspicious.
Wow. This is a disaster of a sentence. Appealing to the majority and trying to hasten the lynch all in one breath. Yeah, and it's also jumping on the easiest target that's underneath the most fire right now. 3rd vote and all. And to top it all off, your predecessor in sraymonds was a very lurking-heavy (never a good thing) player that seemed intimidated by the game. Seems like it could be very easily be a newbie-scum scared off since he didn't know how to "scumhunt" as scum.

And then your follow-up (Kirbyoshi)
I just think it's very interesting that Pablo's mindset is that getting rid of an obvious mobster is a scummy thing to do. Could it be that Pablo is the other scum?
Totally obvious. That's why he had a whole 2 votes on his so far. I like how you just spray suspicion on me here for "defending" someone even when it's all an offensive post (yeah, yeah, 'chainsaw defense', bite me) on my side.

------

Oddly enough, adamrights, while he seemed genuine in the Deep Blue exchange, has increased on my scumdar significantly since then. It seems that he's fishing for something, anything, to stick in the last 2 pages and it does not sit well with me. Statements like:

adam
I definitely think between Exalt, DB and Pom there is a scum
Looks like he's fishing around for something anyone can get behind by listing a lot of names. While I have a definite #1 right now with my vote, I would be all right with an adamrights lynch today if push comes to shove on the deadline.

Alright, time for a more complete re-read.
SAMMICHES SAMMICHES SAMMICHES
Kirbyoshi
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:08 am

Post by Kirbyoshi »

While Pablo is thinking of a suitable answer, I’ll post the afore-promised PBPA…

adamrights – You’ve been in everyone’s sights since the very beginning, yet haven’t given a rock-solid defense of yourself. As Jack Sparrow would say, “If you’re looking for the opportune moment, this is it!”
Read: Scum

Pomegranate – You’ve been pro-town so far in this game, and you strike me as kind of the scapegoat, the person who people vote for when you slip up even a little (which is expected even of a newb townie). However, you’ve contributed a good amount to the conversation.
Read: Town

Katy: If there is a scum here who is over-acting townie, it’s Katy, but I don’t think she’s scum either. The ones of whom I am most suspicious are the ones who don’t say much, or don’t say much of substance. Katy seems very wise, very Mafia-savvy. Good playing Katy.

YouDontKnow: You’ve had very few posts, but when you have posted, it’s like an explosion of information. There is a way you could be scum however, and that is if you are placing random suspicions out there, seeing how they play out, and if they fail, start another round of random suspicions. However, this tactic seems unlikely, and you’ve gained respect for agreeing with me :P

Deep Blue: You haven’t been posting much at all, which, as I have said, is very lurky/scummy. Start contributing or I’ll start being a proponent of lurker-lynching, starting with you.
Read: Possible scum

Mitey Mouse: I’ve read a little of one of your games, and determined it was your playing style to not post unless you had something really important to say. That being said, I’d like to see more posts out of you. Start asking some questions! However, I don’t think Mitey is scum.
Read: LazyTown

Exalt: Good player. Gives suspicions, backs them up, not afraid to defend a fellow townie (thanks btw), and doesn’t let anything or anybody get to him.

Pablo Molinero: You and DB are probably tied for second on my scumlist. The fact that you keep pushing for a lurker-lynch, combined with the fact that you basically voted for me based simply on the third-vote theory, which is not enough evidence. Seems like you’re looking for anybody you can find to pin a scum label on.
Read: Scummy, or anti-town townie

I do see how my vote can be taken the wrong way, like I’m anti-discussion, but I don’t believe in wasting time talking about someone whom everyone thinks is scum. Refraining from lynching a known scum is anti-town.
Show
Kirbyoshi 2.0 records:

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”