Newbie 803 - Game Over.

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #650 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:09 am

Post by Zorblag »

Vote Count 3.1

The numbers by the voters indicate the order in which the vote was cast. If two or more players are tied for the most votes to lynch at the deadline the tiebreaker will be the player who has the earliest active vote.

Einlanzers: 1: Col.Cathart (2)
jammer: 1: Einlanzers (3)

Not voting: Head_Honcho, jammer, Vino

With 5 alive it takes 3 to lynch. Currently Einlanzers would be lynched at Deadline. Deadline is 3:00 PM EDT/12:00 PM PDT on Friday, August 21st.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Vino
Vino
Goon
Vino
Goon
Goon

Post Post #651 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:02 am

Post by Vino »

Well I was going to wait and see what other players thought of Ein's latest post, but that was 36 hours ago and nobody else seems to have any opinions so I will opine.
Einlanzers wrote:I don't know how I missed that post. Thanks for pointing that out. That post does make him very much so less suspicious.
This was hard to believe. That you wouldn't even argue with me at all or question my logic threw up a red flag.

Ein's already claimed town, and LyLo is not until tomorrow, so I'm okay for lynching Ein, but I want to hear from jammer specifically before I vote.
Show
[url=http://www.calamityfuse.com/]Calamity Fuse, a multiplayer FPS/RPG[/url]
[url=http://www.blacksheepblues.com/]Black Sheep Blues, a community-reactive online graphic novel[/url]

Total prods: 1
Replaced out: 0
Einlanzers
Einlanzers
Goon
Einlanzers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #652 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:08 am

Post by Einlanzers »

You don't believe that I could miss a post the first time around :ROLLS EYES:. It's not like I re-read each post every day. I read it once and then maybe a second time if I'm going to quote someone..it's very easy to skim over something. And he did make a strong case against HV, so it is unlikely that he is scum. The only 2 people that didn't post anything against HV are myself and jammer and you know where my vote falls.
Col.Cathart
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #653 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:49 am

Post by Col.Cathart »

Well I didn't reply Ein's post, because I saw no need. His response is that kind of thing, that cannot clear him from suspicions, even if it's honest. As long as Jammer or HH won't say anything scummy, I have no reason to change my vote.

I'm interested in Jammer's answer though...
[b]Mini 934[/b] is [b]over![/b] Thanks to everyone participating.

[i]What the hell? That Colonel guy was awesome.[/i] - Fate
Vino
Vino
Goon
Vino
Goon
Goon

Post Post #654 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:39 pm

Post by Vino »

*poke jammer*
Show
[url=http://www.blacksheepblues.com/]Black Sheep Blues, a community-reactive online graphic novel[/url]

jammer
jammer
Goon
jammer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #655 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:13 am

Post by jammer »

Firstly, the late respons came becouse a limited access. Mentioned in the other game I am in, but forgot to mention here. I apologise for any waiting.
In the close future it ~might~ take a few days before responding.

Einlanzers wrote: I don't know how I missed that post. Thanks for pointing that out. That post does make him very much so less suspicious.
Missing a post, lieing or careless. Neather are good. The quick change in opinion of the alligmentment of HH is strange. Felt a little like, Vino said he is town, so he is town.
Einlanzers wrote:I apologize for misspeaking can we move on?
I'd like some solid anwsers. iirc: In the same post you suspected me and Porkens becouse we where voting Santos, and you put Santos right behind us, becouse he was scummy. How where me and Porkens scummy for voting Santos?

Also, in the end you vote me becouse of process of elimination?
Col. started the wagon. HH asked Vino to hammer. Vino is clear, and it isn't you. I'd like some more proof if you really try to get me lynched, it is better for discussion if you get some arguments against me in.

@Vino, could you describe what "sketchiness" you meant between me and HV?
Einlanzers
Einlanzers
Goon
Einlanzers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #656 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:41 am

Post by Einlanzers »

I agree carelessness isn't a good trait to have...but it was one time. Fine add it as +1 to my scumminess.

I suspected you and Porkens because of the manner you hopped on the wagon. I suspected Santos for his one-lined posts and avoiding questions. Why can't I suspect people that suspect eachother? Is that against the rules?

Well technically yes, I did vote you based off elimination, but you've been on my scum-dar the whole game. You seem to be (as someone phrased it) Captain Danning. You appear to be scum-hunting, but all the while you are diverting attention awhile from yourself just so noone notices what scum you are.
Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:40 am
Vote: Einlanzers
For me voting no lynch.

Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:13 am
Unvote: Einlanzers
After I "claimed"

Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:13 am
Vote: Lupo El Loco (now Head_Honcho)
OMGUS to get Lupo talking

Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:40 pm
Unvote: Head_Honcho
Vote: Santos
Put the wagon to L-1 for Santos.

Fri Jun 26, 2009 5:09 pm
Unvote: Santos
After Santos made a post he removed his vote.

Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:56 am
Vote: Santos
VP asked jammer about his vote and he swapped.

Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:30 am
Vote: Porkens
After Porkens claimed cop jammer jumped on him.

Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:17 am
unvote
Takes his vote off of Porkens to "rethink" things. And has been "focusing" on me since.
Vino
Vino
Goon
Vino
Goon
Goon

Post Post #657 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:48 am

Post by Vino »

jammer wrote:@Vino, could you describe what "sketchiness" you meant between me and HV?
Some perceived possible strangeness in the way you two talked to each other. No matter though, we'll discuss it tomorrow. Looks like everybody agrees that Ein is a good lynch, so I see no reason not to
Vote: Einlanzers
since he's already claimed townie.
Show

Einlanzers
Einlanzers
Goon
Einlanzers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #658 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:52 am

Post by Einlanzers »

Well have fun lynching me and having yourself get NKed, Vino.
That will leave:
1 unconfirmed scum
2 unconfirmed town
Chances of winning in that scenario are quite minimal :/
Head_Honcho
Head_Honcho
Goon
Head_Honcho
Goon
Goon

Post Post #659 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:47 am

Post by Head_Honcho »

don't lynch ein yet, better post coming soon
Immoral Acts: 0
Vino
Vino
Goon
Vino
Goon
Goon

Post Post #660 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:52 am

Post by Vino »

Mmmmk.
Unvote
Show

Vino
Vino
Goon
Vino
Goon
Goon

Post Post #661 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:40 am

Post by Vino »

And Ein, if there is no doctor then I'm going to get NK'd anyway. Any way you put it, if you're not the scum then there are going to be 2 town and 1 scum tomorrow, but that's better odds than 4 town and 1 scum today. I've won games as town in that position before. It's nothing personal Ein.

Although, it occurs to me... perhaps we should all claim first? Knowing whether or not there is a doctor would be pretty helpful to town in D4, and prevent scum from claiming doc with 3 people alive.
Show

Einlanzers
Einlanzers
Goon
Einlanzers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #662 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:10 pm

Post by Einlanzers »

Vanilla Town (repeat)
Col.Cathart
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #663 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:07 pm

Post by Col.Cathart »

Vanilla as well.

Head_Honcho
Head_Honcho
Goon
Head_Honcho
Goon
Goon

Post Post #664 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:14 pm

Post by Head_Honcho »

if anybody claimed doctor tomorrow I would laugh until my bowels dislodged

i.e. vanilla
Immoral Acts: 0
Vino
Vino
Goon
Vino
Goon
Goon

Post Post #665 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:33 am

Post by Vino »

Well that was only a "maybe" but okay. I'll wait until after jammer.
Show

Einlanzers
Einlanzers
Goon
Einlanzers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #666 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:37 am

Post by Einlanzers »

HV wrote:Ein--

Again very defensive of everything directed at him, could just be the beginner in him. Also, I didn't see anything else on your vote on Jammer, do you still believe them to be scum?

Most Scummy--
Porkens
Jammer
Ein
Santos
Lupo
Least Scummy/but still possible scum

Everyone else
To me this makes jammer less-likely to be scum as he's directly questioning my opinions about him AND he's very high on his list of suspects. This could just be very clever reverse psychology on HV's part...so I'm still unsure :/
Einlanzers
Einlanzers
Goon
Einlanzers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #667 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:44 am

Post by Einlanzers »

jammer wrote:
Hurleys_Van wrote:Jammer

Is very defensive over votes when called out about them
Can you quote where I was overdefensive with Eins vote on me?
If you mean Lupo, I didn't vote him for voting me.
Your tactic discussed in POST 31 doesn't seem like a very good one to me, and would wayyy anti-town in eyes. (You mention Lynch all Liars...wouldn't that mean that you should be the sure the lynch?)
EM=/=forum mafia, and gambits aren't completely unknown to forum mafia.
The thing that peeves me the most is your want of a claim for Ein, (which you ultimately got)...Revealing any kind of power role on day one is a big anti-town move in my eyes.
If I check back there is a time where I ask for a claim. He was at L-1 and at that time was scummy as hell and added nothing of importence. You think the asking for a claim was unneeded at that time?
Lupo--

My main thing against you is that you seem to not agree with discussion, which I think is the most important weapon for the town. What other ways do you suggest we go about to find scum?
As he is replaced I think we get a completely different player. That will change something.

If I see your scummy list, I see Lupo pretty low on that list and I don't even see Clara on that list. Do you think Lupo/Clara are not scummy at all?
jammer wrote:Hurleys van
1) Budying with Santos
2) The vote hope from Porkens->Santos
jammer wrote:I putted in votes with Santos. So far from the truth.
You want an order? I can try and give one.
1) Santos
2) Clara
3) Porkens
4) HV
These points all make the link between HV and jammer quite weak. It really looks to me that jammer is towny now though so I'm going to
Unvote
Einlanzers
Einlanzers
Goon
Einlanzers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #668 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:58 am

Post by Einlanzers »

Head_Honcho wrote:
Hurleys_Van wrote:Santos--

Not to much...Just that once you were being addressed for you lack of posting you quickly changed styles and really picked up the pace...Whats you normal style of play what we saw earlier or what we saw later? Your jump onto the Eins wagons seemed the most opportunistic.
That is some fine commentary to place Santos in the exact middle of your town scumlist. Hehe, sorry HV, but if Santos is scum at this point, your quippy rapport with him will surely be your undoing.
Head_Honcho wrote:are we serious? People keep citing "hammer ein and be a town hero", do we not realize that was a joke? Did we not see the context? Why are we talking about ein as an undisputed townie just because he didn't get lynched?

Porkens case makes little to no sense. I'd prefer to see santos strung up just because that's the way we're going, but chia's just posting so fishy that that I would almost rather lynch him. He keeps throwing out these vague claims about which bandwagon is scummier, and is hedging his bets to lynch anyone (i.e. omg I would lynch 4 people! post). Additionally, I don't know, I get the feeling he's just being careful while trying to get his foot in the door on every possible lynch. I especially didn't like when he popped in and told Jammer how much he liked his posting, especially when jammer flips wagons in almost the same manner porkens did, but chia disregarded it because... He seemed less convinced of the lynch in the first place?

This is ridiculous. Santos, you didn't remove your vote because Ein posted, you removed it beforehand because you caught flack. You keep twisting the facts and I want to lynch you so hard. If santos flips town, I think chia is probably scum. I suppose I'm slightly biased, but I find it suspicious that Santos is acting so scummy yet people are reluctant to hammer him. I may have mentioned earlier that I didn't necessarily think scum was on the bandwagon, and that's because I'm slightly worried that Santos is just a really scummy looking townie so people want to be able to go 'drat!' tomorrow and wash their hands of his lynch. I must know his role though.

Ending slop post.
Head_Honcho wrote:My suspicions right now actually fall closer to Hurley's van though. His whole game has been bothering me, but something about his last post especially has made me especially suspicious. He makes this fairly biased analysis of our options with the worst reasoning for why we should lynch porkens today. Scum is somehow in a better position if we lynch porkens tomorrow instead of today

Ein and HV are both accusing him of squirming or trying to confuse the town right now
Head_Honcho wrote:As for his votes on you and Ein, I realize that both of you are voting him. And yes, so is HV. I could easily see a townie thinking Ein or HV are scum, I'm leaning that way myself! I could also see a cop feeling a bit like scum were trying to railroad him if they claimed and then you voted them in response. You're saying his case is bad because he is scum instead of critiquing the actual case.

I mean, come on, HV's reaction to 'people need to be posting' is "I don't think we're getting anywhere".
Between his attacks on HV and his "savings" on Porkens he appears really townie to me. So all that's left is Col. Cathart. I'm going to review his game aswell if he comes up clean I'll have to say GG as I would have no idea on who to vote :/
Einlanzers
Einlanzers
Goon
Einlanzers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #669 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:03 am

Post by Einlanzers »

OK so I found jack squat on Col. Cathart (really one way or the other), BUT I did find some interesting posts from Claramata (who he replaced):
Claramata wrote:
Hurleys_Van wrote:
Post 19 VP-->Porken
Post 20 Clara-->Cartza
Post 22 Ein--> No Lynch
Post 24 jam--> Vote Einlanzers
Post 28 Lup--> Jammer
Post 33 Ein--> Jam
Post 39 Pork-->Lupo
Post 41 Santos-->Lupo
Post 54 Clara--> Unvote Cartza Vote Ein
Post 59 Pork --> Unvote Lupo, Vote Ein
Post 71 Ein --> Unvote Jam, Vote Johnny
Post 95 Santos--> Unvote Lupo Vote Ein
Post 148 Pork--> Unvote Ein Vote Santos
Post 159 jam---> Unvote Ein Vote Lupo
Post 178 head--> Vote Santos
This is very helpful sir! It's good to see all the votes to that point laid out like that. I didn't realize that Lupo immediately jumped in with a Jammer vote right after Ein voted, and if I remember correctly there wasn't much content behind that post. But then again, we were also still kind of in the Random Voting stage so I don't know what to make of it.

Santos is kind of fishy for his push on Ein to claim. What if he's a power role? And in a setup like this, where there might not even be power roles (I believe one of the setups in this semi-open game is completely vanillia), everyone but scum could just be townie, and that would make claiming useless. At this stage, in this game, it's probably better to rely on looking at what people say and how they vote than actually getting a claim.
Claramata wrote:
Hurleys_Van wrote:@ Jammer...

Firstly, you seem quite certain the Clara is scum, seeing as every possible scum-pair you've proposed to me she is a member of.
Hurleys_Van, you took the words right out of my mouth. I would also like to see the answer to this question, Jammer.
She seems to have taken a fondness towards HV here and makes me VERY suspicious of Col. Cathart.
Vote: Col. Cathart
Col.Cathart
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #670 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:38 am

Post by Col.Cathart »

*Headdesk*

You can't be serious... You want to lynch, only because once she agreed with a scum, and once the scum agreed with her? Come on, that would be the lamest scum action, I ever heard...

Ok, look at the situation this way: Yes, it's a possibility that the other scum bussed HV. But do you seriously think, it's really gonna be a person who started talking about him? I think everyone saw his low activity, but everyone was ignoring it, or at least they didn't mention it too much. After his 'I don't think, we're going anywhere' post, only HH reacted in ANY way. If I didn't voted him, he would probably slip away only slightly noticed, and instead we would have lynched the cop.

Speaking of the cop... I had a multiple chances to hammer him, and I don't think anyone would point at me for this, because we all know, how Porkens was playing. Instead I decided to point at a scum who didn't have any heat on him. Does this make any sense?

Col.Cathart
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #671 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:40 am

Post by Col.Cathart »

EBWOP: By the lamest action, I two scum partners agreeing with each other, of course...

Col.Cathart
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #672 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:54 am

Post by Col.Cathart »

Holy Triple Post Batman!

By the lamest action, I
MEANT
two scum partners agreeing with each other, of course...

I hate typos...

jammer
jammer
Goon
jammer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #673 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:23 am

Post by jammer »

Blue here.(townie) I respond to other stuff (soonly) later.
Vino
Vino
Goon
Vino
Goon
Goon

Post Post #674 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:07 am

Post by Vino »

So we got no docs and therefore no RB. Okay, so that means I die tonight. However it also means that scum knew there was no doc, but killed Porkens anyway, I don't know how useful that information is. What's more useful is the knowledge that scum knew there was only one town PR. I'll bet you both scum were in on the Porkens train.

http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 48#1766948
Zorblag wrote:Vote Count 2.4

Porkens: 3: Hurleys_Van (3), Einlanzers (5), jammer (7)
jammer: 1: Porkens (8)

Not voting: Chiarosicada, Col.Cathart, Head_Honcho
At this point Porkens was a claimed cop, so I doubt that any of the unvoting people were scum. I suspected this to be the case, this is one of the main reasons I was looking at jammer and not Cathart. I say we lynch Ein today and jammer tomorrow, and between the two of them town has a guaranteed victory at this point.

jammer seems to have more he wants to say, so I'll wait before I recast my vote.
Show

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”