Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:48 am

Post by Locke Lamora »

Jason: do you think Reckoner is scummier than Zoneace?
If ya smell what The Locke is cookin'!

"Locke Lamora and Andrius, defying all logic since 1081."
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:21 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

Locke, Zoneace has not really posted anything since his blowup, but recently Reckoner has been quite scummy, he has jumped on my wagon without giving any reasoning
xRECKONERx wrote:Jason is definitely setting in my crosshairs...

Unvote, Vote: Jason

then completly called out people for jumping on his which I think is a tad hypocritical considering it was his VERY next post.
xRECKONERx wrote:Unwarranted bandwagon powers... ACTIVATE!

Form of... VP Baltar and CDB!
he then suspects me and says he gets scum vibes from me because I did not respond in a vile manner to Zoneace...I was too calm and collected so I am giving scum vibes... as I already said, excuse me for NOT giving in and start swearing, bitching and bullying back and Zoneace like a child not getting his way.

I have learnt the best thing to do in Mafia is to stay calm regardless of allignment. I do not think being calm under pressure is a scumtell to be honest.
xRECKONERx wrote:
And in your unbearable back and forth with Zoneace, I got frustrated townie vibes from him, while I got the "calm and collected scum" vibe from you.
as well as asking WTF when I questioned CDB about his quick lynch comment. He then goes on to blatently misrep CDB over his 'good' statement
xRECKONERx wrote:
So, if he's very good with it, meaning he's done well with it before, that'd make me assume... Mafia Goon. >_>
only to be called on it, and shown what it means so he justifies it by saying thats why he put a >_> after it...
xRECKONERx wrote:Oh. I took it to mean he's skilled with the particular role. I didn't really buy into it anyway, hence the ">_>" afterward.
and also admits he didnt buy into it hence the >_>

well if you didnt buy into it, why bring it up in the first place, considering YOU where the one who submitted it... so your esentailly submitting evidence you dont even buy into yourself?

all this one page 7 alone.....wow

unvote
vote: Reckoner
Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:44 am

Post by Locke Lamora »

Did you think Reckoner was scummier than Zoneace as soon as he jumped on your wagon? I'm assuming he only crossed the line into scummier than Zoneace when I asked you what you thought, as that's when you moved your vote.

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:23 am

Post by VP Baltar »

LL, out of curiosity, what do you think of Reckoner's vote for Jason and defense (?) after being attacked?
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:37 am

Post by Locke Lamora »

I thought it was pretty weak and hypocritical. I'm not a fan of going off 'vibes' as part of a case. Bringing up CDB's role history doesn't help his situation either. Either he was casting some tentative suspicion on CDB through an entirely arbitrary method or he was just messing around with a pointless post. They're both anti-town. I was tempted to vote him but I'm not convinced by Jason, especially as I seem to have prompted him into moving his vote with my question.

xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:14 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

We can't go off much more than vibes on D1 unless someone just fucks up royally.
green shirt thursdays
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:34 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Not true at all. However, this game is severely lacking a diversity of voices.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:47 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

Locke Lamora wrote:Did you think Reckoner was scummier than Zoneace as soon as he jumped on your wagon? I'm assuming he only crossed the line into scummier than Zoneace when I asked you what you thought, as that's when you moved your vote.
Yes, Zoneaces responses to me where that out of emotion if that is what you are talking about, where as Reckoner jumped on the wagon without even giving any thoughts of his own... infact he didnt give any thoughts for his vote on me really apart from I was picking up on his scumdar.

It was not until i evaluated all his posts from page 7 in my big post on him that I realized just how scummy he was and that is why my vote has been placed on him.

And to be honest, despite what i said when putting my vote on Zoneace earlier Reckoner has come across as 10x scummier to me than what i thought of Zoneace. Page 7 alone blew my mind
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:27 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Holy shit, I just realized that VPB was editing CDB's post to add in "very" and I apparently read "vote" as "role". I really totally missed that. I guess that's what happens when I try to play Mafia while drinking.

Holy fail. Wow. I'm still kinda blown away by that.
green shirt thursdays
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:20 pm

Post by curiouskarmadog »

Got 3 games that need updating…this one is the smallest so I will start here.

Typing as reading.
ZONEACE wrote:
Im halfway to a lynch FOR NO FUCKING REASON. that's a little more than nothing.
dude, you are acting like a baby. you have played enough to know that wagons on day 1 is common place (so your tantrum is noted). you werent going to be lynched and if for some god forsaken you were quick lynched, a ton of information would have been gleaned from it. Grow the fuck up.
VP Baltar wrote:
CKD wrote:scummy comment and noted.
What is scummy about it?
how is quick lynching somemore for being a spaz anything but scummy? dont act like it wasnt. I understand it was in jest (I think), so all I said was noted. You feel your comment wasnt scummy? Please explain, if you wish to push the issue.
xRECKONERx wrote:Metas are worthless imo.
I disagree (somewhat)...they can be good for fact checking though.
ChannelDelibird wrote:I find them helpful
to an extent
. I have no desire to get into a massive theoretical discussion, though.
QFT
ChannelDelibird wrote:
xRECKONERx wrote:Jason is definitely setting in my crosshairs...

Unvote, Vote: Jason
Vote: Reckoner
I agree,

unvote, vote Reckoner...

dont like your bandwagon vote without a point, thoughts, or a case.
xRECKONERx wrote:Unwarranted bandwagon powers... ACTIVATE!

Form of... VP Baltar and CDB!
maybe they just got you in their crosshairs.

Post 170, is a very poor post and reasoning…
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:05 pm

Post by Juls »

Kinda swamped at the moment. Will likely post on Saturday or Sunday.
-------------------------------------
Juls
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:05 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

curiouskarmadog wrote:how is quick lynching somemore for being a spaz anything but scummy? dont act like it wasnt. I understand it was in jest (I think), so all I said was noted. You feel your comment wasnt scummy? Please explain, if you wish to push the issue.
No, my comment was not scummy. I was very clearly not serious, which you recognize (you think). In all of the games you have ever played in or read, how many players have been actually lynched over a reason like 'you're a spaz'? I'm going to use my amazing psychic abilities and say zero. My lack of voting for him should have also shown that I was not serious.

Now, judging by your reaction of wanting to sling mud over such a trivial and clearly not serious comment, I can come to one of two conclusions: 1) you were dropped on your head a lot as a child 2) you are scum

Since I think you're a pretty smart guy and your profile pic doesn't show any significant dents in your dome, I'm leaning toward the second option.
EmpTyger
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
It's a JOKE!

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:35 pm

Post by EmpTyger »

Still in one of my busiest weeks of the year. May not get another chance to post until Monday or Tuesday.

Zoneace:
Why haven’t you posted in this game in the past 3 days?

Jebus:
Jebus [143] wrote:<snip>
ZONEACE wrote:certainly bigger than "you ignored the random votes before you". you made a nub scum move of jumping on a weak case to move forward a wagon.

you had nothing ot add to the reasoning, you simply restated what CDB said. everything you did is indicative of scum.
Despite the (bluntness?) crude wording of it, a post that I agree with.
jasonT1981 wrote: Juls, I had already said I was just putting what others had already said in my own words. I never once made out that they where 'fresh' or 'new'
Oh hello,
unvote, Vote: Jason

That, and pretty much what Zoneace said in the previous quote.
So, Jason is suspicious to you because he simply restated and paraphrased others’ reasons without adding anything.

…yet you express your suspicion of Jason by repeating and paraphrasing others’ reasons without adding anything?

Jason:
jasonT1981 [152] wrote:
canadianbovine wrote:why did no one quick lynch jason? =P
this here alarms me really to be honest... why has no one quick lynched me?
CB was trying to make a joke, but mixed up Jason/Jacob.
What’s your excuse for asking this?
jasonT1981 [176] wrote:Locke, Zoneace has not really posted anything since his blowup, but recently Reckoner has been quite scummy, he has jumped on my wagon without giving any reasoning.
By this, do you mean that Zoneace is not suspicious?

Juls:
I’m paraphrasing, but you seem to be saying “either Zoneace is town or he’s pretending to be town; therefore he’s town”?
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:10 pm

VP Baltar wrote:
curiouskarmadog wrote:how is quick lynching somemore for being a spaz anything but scummy? dont act like it wasnt. I understand it was in jest (I think), so all I said was noted. You feel your comment wasnt scummy? Please explain, if you wish to push the issue.
No, my comment was not scummy. I was very clearly not serious, which you recognize (you think). In all of the games you have ever played in or read, how many players have been actually lynched over a reason like 'you're a spaz'? I'm going to use my amazing psychic abilities and say zero. My lack of voting for him should have also shown that I was not serious.

Now, judging by your reaction of wanting to sling mud over such a trivial and clearly not serious comment, I can come to one of two conclusions: 1) you were dropped on your head a lot as a child 2) you are scum

Since I think you're a pretty smart guy and your profile pic doesn't show any significant dents in your dome, I'm leaning toward the second option.
then why are you not voting me?
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:26 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

4 votes that quick on me?

L. O. L.
green shirt thursdays
canadianbovine
canadianbovine
Goon
canadianbovine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:03 pm

Post by canadianbovine »

xRECKONERx wrote:We can't go off much more than vibes on D1 unless someone just fucks up royally.
you dont consider some of the things that have happened fuck ups?

maybe a thought..

Zoneace was always doing what seemed to be rounding up to halfway to being lynched...is it possible this was a softclaim for HT? i dont think this is role fishing, its just a different way to look at it, and would certainly explain why he blew up...considering how many characters there are on lost that would be a HT. I dont like how he's disappeared since however.

how does CDB's history of roles and comfortableness with his VOTE confirm him as scum? that makes no sense.
ZONEACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:56 pm

Post by ZONEACE »

Stop bugging me, I'm hiding from the smoke monster. I'd rather not meet the same fate as Mr. Eko. But on a serious note, I'm not unhappy about the shift i attention to Reckoner. His play today has appeared to be a mishmash of trying to appear town, instead of just BEING town. And in my experience, trying to appear town is suggestive of scum. Yes I haven't posted much over the last few days, and that was intentionally, I felt that I'd made about as much an impact in day 1 as I could and felt that I had also been a distraction and didn't want to distract any more. I thought it would do everyone good if I disappeared for a little bit.

with that said i will
unvote
I'm not yet ready to vote reckoner. I need to look over the hubub again.
Late twenties, early Thursdays
canadianbovine
canadianbovine
Goon
canadianbovine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:10 pm

Post by canadianbovine »

good to see your still around, i was worried for a little bit cause i thought about how prozac mod said he'd deal with you, thought maybe he gave you an ingame mute.
Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:36 pm

Post by Locke Lamora »

I'm still dubious about Jason moving his vote only after I prompted him but Reckoner is not doing himself any favours. 183 seems implausible to me; surely he would have read back and looked at what was said when people jumped on him for the role post? Not only that, but if he didn't really buy into it, why is he trying to excuse himself now? There's not much to say about 189, it's another worthless post.

Unvote; Vote: Reckoner

Drench
Drench
he/him
crucial waukesha voter
Drench
he/him
crucial waukesha voter
crucial waukesha voter

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:13 pm

Post by Drench »

Gimme 4-5~ hours to catch up; my rhythm has been broken by my no-visiting-ms-for-drench day yesterday.(oh noes).
join your union
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:16 am

Locke Lamora wrote:I missed my own wagon! Sorry for the brief absence, everyone.

Looks like everything was pretty jokey in the people who jumped on my wagon, I don't see how anyone could have taken it seriously when all I'd done is confirm. I think ZONEACE is scummier for flat-out ignoring what has happened so far, though. We're not far in, I agree, but saying that nothing has happened when serious votes have already started to be placed indicates a desire to perpetuate the RVS.

Vote: ZONEACE
Locke Lamora wrote:Well, Zoneace's reaction is completely unwarranted and obviously he has a problem with a lot of people on this site, but I think we definitely got something out of it. I agree with Juls' view of Jason, his post 83 is completely unoriginal and there's one comment that screams scum to me:
jasonT1981 wrote:So yea right now I feel comfortable doing this
That's exactly the kind of thing I've seen from nervous scum before, feeling the need to make your vote look as acceptable as possible when you put it on. I don't understand why you would vote for someone if you're not comfortable with doing it, so why bother saying it?

unvote; Vote Jason

I second EmpTyger's question to Reckoner. I don't see how you can accuse Jebus of being serious with the bandwagon on me on one hand and then take Zoneace's side when he claims that nothing has happened so far. If Reckoner really believed that Jebus was scummy, surely Zoneace ignoring it should be suspicious too?
Locke Lamora wrote:I'm still dubious about Jason moving his vote only after I prompted him but Reckoner is not doing himself any favours. 183 seems implausible to me; surely he would have read back and looked at what was said when people jumped on him for the role post? Not only that, but if he didn't really buy into it, why is he trying to excuse himself now? There's not much to say about 189, it's another worthless post.

Unvote; Vote: Reckoner
every vote is on the current bandwagon (only when it is hot) spouting out what other's have said. every vote leaves himself open to jump back to the previous has needed. His net gets wider and wider....

I think this is the scum....trying to jump on the wagons in the middle to avoid notice.

unvote, vote locke
Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:32 am

Post by Locke Lamora »

They are all scummy, for reasons I quite clearly explained. I indicated my doubts about Reckoner even when I put my vote on Jason. It's not as though I suddenly just changed my mind and went for him to get on the wagon. Reckoner's last post made it sound as though he's not even taking things seriously; I think it warranted extra pressure.

curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:37 am

if you say so, and I think you are oppurtunistic scum trying to ride the wave of bandwagons. wonder why your suspicions match EXACTLY what the majority is thinking....I wonder why you are not starting anything, just agreeing (so you dont take the blame tomorrow)....
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:48 am

Post by Locke Lamora »

Speculating over whether I'd take less blame or avoid notice for getting on bandwagons after they've started is pretty pointless. Zoneace, Jason and Reckoner have all done things I considered scummy, so I voted for them. I even continued to push Jason about his vote on Zoneace after others had stopped because I still don't like the tentative way he voted for him and I didn't want Jason to fade into the background because Reckoner was acting so scummy.

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2009 4:07 am

Post by VP Baltar »

ckd wrote:then why are you not voting me?
Because Reckoner has still managed to outscum you. Hurts to be second best, doesn't it?

That being said, I think you bring up a relevant point against LL.
LL wrote:I indicated my doubts about Reckoner even when I put my vote on Jason.
That's one of the problems though, isn't it? As ckd said, you're leaving the door open to switch wagons if necessary.

Let me ask you this, what do you think of Zoneace going off the radar for awhile? Do you think makes him more or less scummy than you felt he was before?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”