Newbie 818 (Game Over)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
adamrights
adamrights
Goon
adamrights
Goon
Goon

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:25 am

Post by adamrights »

Exalt wrote:
Pomegranate wrote:
VOTE: Adamrights[/b]

because I want to hear what he has to say about everything, no time for lurking with a deadline in a week.
adamrights
adamrights
Goon
adamrights
Goon
Goon

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:27 am

Post by adamrights »

I clicked submit not preview on the last post, but was going to say: I was stuck away from internet for two days -- ended up staying at this girl's house longer than I intended too, but I'll be responding soon, just needed to get a post in since I got prodded.
Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:52 am

Post by Pomegranate »

adamrights wrote:
Pomegranate wrote:

because I want to hear what he has to say about everything, no time for lurking with a deadline in a week.
Um, I didn't vote for you, Exalt did.
adamrights
adamrights
Goon
adamrights
Goon
Goon

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:55 am

Post by adamrights »

Unvote

I jumped on Deep Blue mainly to see his reactions, and so I can't remember if I knew he was responding or not to a question, but it didn't really matter to me because my point was to see how he would respond.

The same goes with asking those to vote for myself. I wanted to see what people who had suspicions would do. It generated some discussion, which might prove useful later, and I tried to create potential for people to jump on a suspicion bandwagon...

I'm reading some of the past games of some people here...so I'll let you know what I think, but as of now I don't think Deep Blue is scum, not enough to keep a vote on at least.

I have to run. Heading to court to fight some annoying traffic tickets, ughh...
adamrights
adamrights
Goon
adamrights
Goon
Goon

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:00 am

Post by adamrights »

Pomegranate wrote:
adamrights wrote:
Pomegranate wrote:

That was an accident -- didn't mean to hit submit, but it is interesting to know that your very clear about not voting for me. Perhaps, as scum, you know I'm not and want to make the town-side perceive you as not for lynching a townie. :roll:
Pablo Molinero
Pablo Molinero
Goon
Pablo Molinero
Goon
Goon

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:08 am

Post by Pablo Molinero »

Pablo, why did you unvote from Jackinthebox just because he was replaced? Is there something in YDK's post that made you do so? Or was it ust for the replacement?
Yeah, mostly due to replacement. I don't think replacements should get off the hook, but he made an active post and I have an odd feeling I need to step back and look at this game again.
Pablo is top 3 for me, only because of the differences he is playing in this game compared to the last one I was in with him. He also has defended adamrights which threw me off a bit. He claimed to not see it the same way, but its still there.
Heh, while it is true that I have not stepped up and tried to grab this game by the horns (yet!) like I usually do when I'm town, I am in the last 3 days of my internship/CoOp at NASA, so I am dying to get my projects/papers finished. I really shouldn't be posting here right now!

Anywho, I will definitely be back in the game consistently after the weekend, since I'll be back home for a month before school starts back up.
SAMMICHES SAMMICHES SAMMICHES
adamrights
adamrights
Goon
adamrights
Goon
Goon

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:14 am

Post by adamrights »

Pablo Molinero wrote:
Pablo, why did you unvote from Jackinthebox just because he was replaced? Is there something in YDK's post that made you do so? Or was it ust for the replacement?
Yeah, mostly due to replacement. I don't think replacements should get off the hook, but he made an active post and I have an odd feeling I need to step back and look at this game again.
I wonder, with people suggesting scum are more likely to lurk, could it be that a newbie getting a scum might be waiting for night time and therefore get dropped. Especially since it seems Jack did not want to be replaced.

This might be stretching desperately for something, but it is definitely worth considering.
Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:17 am

Post by Pomegranate »

adamrights wrote:
Pomegranate wrote:
adamrights wrote:
Pomegranate wrote:

That was an accident -- didn't mean to hit submit, but it is interesting to know that your very clear about not voting for me. Perhaps, as scum, you know I'm not and want to make the town-side perceive you as not for lynching a townie. :roll:
Actually, right now I'm not very sure what I think of you. I just wanted to clarify youur mistake.
Katy
Katy
Goon
Katy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:53 am

Post by Katy »

Pomegranate wrote: -Katy, what other types of methods are you reffering to? What are you talking about as far as "risky propositions", and and what is that reffering to?
Well, if someone seems to be lurking, then before simply lynching them, other methods available are:

(1) Ask them direct questions to draw them out
(2) Use your vote as pressure if they don't respond
(3) Prods and replacement for those who lay so low they don't post

When I say "risky proposition" I am referring to lynching someone solely because they are lurking. With no other evidence against them, you are essentially flipping a coin. In these small games, you come to a "lynch or lose" situation very quickly, so in that sense, lynching a lurker just for being a lurker is very risky, considering they're just as likely to be a new person who has trouble remembering to check the game or who is overwhelmed or simply doesn't know what to say.
adamrights wrote:I wonder, with people suggesting scum are more likely to lurk, could it be that a newbie getting a scum might be waiting for night time and therefore get dropped. Especially since it seems Jack did not want to be replaced.
A newbie waiting for night should still get a prod, which should remind them to post in the thread ASAP. It seemed like Jack didn't get the notification of the prod or something like that.

The fact that Jack seemed not to have wanted to be replaced actually weighs in his favor a bit. With new players, I suspect that some don't enjoy trying to play as scum and are likely to drop the game rather than deal with it. ALthough I note that in my previous newbie game on this site, almost every player was replaced at some point, so that experience suggests it's not something to put undue importance on.
MiteyMouse
MiteyMouse
He's too nICe
MiteyMouse
He's too nICe
He's too nICe

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:20 am

Post by MiteyMouse »

I'm going to pop on my IC hat for a minute here. Some games allow lurking as a strategy. I'm not sure if Hohum is allowing that this game but, I do know that he has been really quick with prods (I've already gotten one...hehehe). Something to look at more than the lurking flat out is active lurking. That is when people post to avoid prods but, not actually posting content. To me that is more of a Scum tell than lurking. That being said, if someone has been gone from the thread for 3 days or so without a post and they're not being replaced then it is a strategy and there are very few reasons for Town players to lurk that much.

The people enjoying to be Town vs Scum is a null tell to me. I think that some of us love playing Scum and others like Town and some like both.
The more I see, the less I know
The more I'd like to let it go.
Deep Blue
Deep Blue
Townie
Deep Blue
Townie
Townie

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:22 am

Post by Deep Blue »

So I guess we're even adamrights?
unvote
[url=http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=4]I urge you to read this.[/url]
Deep Blue
Deep Blue
Townie
Deep Blue
Townie
Townie

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:43 pm

Post by Deep Blue »

Anyways I better post my suspicions and actually contribute!

adamrights

Top suspect at this point for me. Post 114 was rather scummy and post 153 felt like you were trying to back out quickly. You also said in post 69 that you played a few games so it can't be chalked up to newbishness.

Pablo

Seems quite pro-town to me. He asks questions which is creating discussion nicely. However he has a habit of answering questions for people which denies the town information.

Exalt

I don't think he answered my question on post 87. A few scum points there. You also made a few odd cases like role fishing accusations in post 86.

Sraymonds

I think he is innocent personally. while he has acted slightly scummish I believe he is a genuine noob.

So then, ask me anything!
[url=http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=4]I urge you to read this.[/url]
adamrights
adamrights
Goon
adamrights
Goon
Goon

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:27 pm

Post by adamrights »

Deep Blue wrote:
adamrights

Top suspect at this point for me. Post 114 was rather scummy and post 153 felt like you were trying to back out quickly. You also said in post 69 that you played a few games so it can't be chalked up to newbishness.
For what it's worth I played mafia off of a Wheel of Time mud forum with some people from the mud -- there were generally lots of roles & role-playing + a bunch of joking/humor...so maybe my style is a bit different. I really don't know what I'm doing here.

But, I don't think my post 153 was backing out. Perhaps I was hazy about the details cause I was smoking like a chimney with Mariah...so those two days felt like a week.

I do notice your cooing to Pablo, even though I'm not too suspicious of you...it could be a tactic to buddy up to an innocent (once suspected) Pablo, because if the town lynched me it might put you under a bit of suspicion.
adamrights
adamrights
Goon
adamrights
Goon
Goon

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:30 pm

Post by adamrights »

@Sraymonds, Hey -- so who is your top suspect right now?
Exalt
Exalt
Mafia Scum
Exalt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:34 pm

Post by Exalt »

Deep Blue wrote:
Exalt

I don't think he answered my question on post 87. A few scum points there. You also made a few odd cases like role fishing accusations in post 86.
I didn't realize you ever asked me any questions to be honest. Lemme go reread and find out what you are talking about.
Exalt
Exalt
Mafia Scum
Exalt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:35 pm

Post by Exalt »

Deep Blue wrote:So who is your top suspect Exalt?
What? Didn't I post that already? Whose not reading the thread now?

Go to the last post of the page 7.
Exalt
Exalt
Mafia Scum
Exalt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:35 pm

Post by Exalt »

EBWOP:

Go to the last post of page 6.
Exalt
Exalt
Mafia Scum
Exalt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:49 pm

Post by Exalt »

MiteyMouse wrote:Something to look at more than the lurking flat out is active lurking. That is when people post to avoid prods but, not actually posting content. To me that is more of a Scum tell than lurking. That being said, if someone has been gone from the thread for 3 days or so without a post and they're not being replaced then it is a strategy and there are very few reasons for Town players to lurk that much.
QQ
MiteyMouse wrote:The people enjoying to be Town vs Scum is a null tell to me. I think that some of us love playing Scum and others like Town and some like both.
Same with this.
Pablo Molinero wrote:Heh, while it is true that I have not stepped up and tried to grab this game by the horns (yet!) like I usually do when I'm town, I am in the last 3 days of my internship/CoOp at NASA, so I am dying to get my projects/papers finished. I really shouldn't be posting here right now!
We all have real life issues, so I understand. I have been posting much less than normal too. The real reason I am slightly suspicious of you is still how you 'defended' adamrights after you voted for jackinthebox for doing the same thing for sraymonds. It just strikes me as odd.
adamrights wrote:
Unvote

The same goes with asking those to vote for myself. I wanted to see what people who had suspicions would do. It generated some discussion, which might prove useful later, and I tried to create potential for people to jump on a suspicion bandwagon...
I don't really agree with voting yourself. I've done it before too.. yet it is usually done as a "fuck this I give up" thing rather than a "see if scum jump on my wagon" thing. Either way... you are calling yourself suspicious at that point... I just don't understand your mindset.
adamrights wrote:I'm reading some of the past games of some people here...so I'll let you know what I think, but as of now I don't think Deep Blue is scum, not enough to keep a vote on at least.
What are your suspicions on the rest of the players? Also, I think it would be a helpful addition with your metagaming everyone. If you have time, can you please tell us your thoughts on players and their play styles?
Exalt
Exalt
Mafia Scum
Exalt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:59 pm

Post by Exalt »

Deep Blue wrote:
Exalt

I don't think he answered my question on post 87. A few scum points there.
You also made a few odd cases like role fishing accusations in post 86.
You know what rolefishing is right?

Assuming you do, then how is it odd for me to bring it up?

If he did it, he did it. To me it sounded like he was looking to see if someone would slip a possible role to him. Personally I think we need a lot more content than what is here right now. Only 7 pages to work with, and not a whole hell of a lot here. I'm hoping before deadline everything picks up.

@blue:
Why the "buttering up" so to speak with pablo? Also, what do you think of Katy, youdontknow, and miteymouse?

@youdontknow:
Why the lurking? What do you have to say about the game so far? What is your read on everyone?
Exalt
Exalt
Mafia Scum
Exalt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:01 am

Post by Exalt »

Pomegranate wrote:-MM, who are you most suspicious of? Also, what do you think of YDK's case against me?
@Miteymouse:
Can you answer this question please?
adamrights
adamrights
Goon
adamrights
Goon
Goon

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:48 am

Post by adamrights »

Exalt wrote:
I don't really agree with voting yourself. I've done it before too.. yet it is usually done as a "fuck this I give up" thing rather than a "see if scum jump on my wagon" thing. Either way... you are calling yourself suspicious at that point... I just don't understand your mindset.
I did not vote for myself. I asked those who are suspicious of me to put up their vote at that time. It was not a "I give up move" at all.
adamrights
adamrights
Goon
adamrights
Goon
Goon

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:59 am

Post by adamrights »

sraymonds wrote:I think this game is way above my head.
Something about this quotation has me rethinking sraymonds. He has been lurking lately (last post August 2nd) and this answer just seems too self-critical...too desperately trying to appear newbie.

Now I know both of us are playing our first games here. But you did choose to play the game, and you must have read up on it -- so this is why the line seems a bit desperate to me. Further, you seem really worried about dying...especially as a newbie that seems like a scum tell.

Alright, if I get some more time I'll try to get some meta-data based posts, we'll see...I've been invited to this festival from Friday to Sunday, but not sure if it is happening...I'll keep informed.
Katy
Katy
Goon
Katy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:56 am

Post by Katy »

adamrights wrote: Something about this quotation has me rethinking sraymonds. He has been lurking lately (last post August 2nd) and this answer just seems too self-critical...too desperately trying to appear newbie.
It seemed pretty genuine to me. He was the first person to get jumped on by more than one person, if I recall and if it's his first game that can be overwhelming. This is a fun game, but you really have to like argument and have to be prepared to take a lot of flack without taking it personally.

I know at times if I've had a stresssful day and I sign on to find people calling me "scummy," "shady," "suspicous," etc. I sometimes have a hard time with it until I calm down a bit and remember the nature of the game.

Right now I've got a fairly null read on sraymonds. His sense of being overwhelmed rings true to me, but I believe that could be the case with him no matter which side he's on, as I've said previously.

Adamrights ... why do you think you are qualified to judge when someone is "too desperate trying to appear newbie" but earlier when I suggested that I found your "joking manner" (which you've since dropped) a bit forced, you said:
Really now? Because looking back at my record you've been able to deduce that this usage seems a bit forced? How so?8-)
So looking back at sraymonds's record you've been able to deduce that his "newbieness" is an act?
Pablo Molinero
Pablo Molinero
Goon
Pablo Molinero
Goon
Goon

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:09 am

Post by Pablo Molinero »

Still here, still writing papers (ugh), still lurking.

Same question, I'll give my answer later: How do people feel about a lurker-lynch NOW?
SAMMICHES SAMMICHES SAMMICHES
MiteyMouse
MiteyMouse
He's too nICe
MiteyMouse
He's too nICe
He's too nICe

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:12 am

Post by MiteyMouse »

Right now I'm looking at Pomagranate. I'm fine with her being the third voter but, her then removing the vote makes me suspicious. I know she had reasons for it but, it is noted.
The more I see, the less I know
The more I'd like to let it go.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”