Kid Know Nothing -
(populartajo)
Kelly Chen -
(Battle Mage)
veerus -
(Rally Vincent)

Not voting: veerus, Kid Know Nothing, Shotty to the Body, Kise, The Replacement

With 10 alive it will take 6 to lynch.
Last edited by Xylthixlm on Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
#mafia@irc.globalgamers.net

"Xyl was completely berserk" -dramonic
"Xyl's ruthless policy lynching won the game." -Vi
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:34 pm

Post by charter »

Upon going over Shotty's posts today, I got a bad feeling that he might be an infected (his play yesterday leads me to believe he was infected last night). He's posted a few times today, but largely said nothing of much importance.

Also, this post seems like he panicked that malthusis's infection didn't go through
Shotty to the Body wrote:Guard got infected? Guard didn't want to shoot someone when they weren't sure of alignment? How does the phrasing of the mod's post imply no security guard? It's pretty clear that Malthisus died of infection according to the death post, I'm pretty sure somewhere in D1 we talked about the guard not randomly shooting people if he wasn't sure.
This post is probably a little bit of a stretch, but his play today has been just trying to scrape by.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:03 am

Post by Battle Mage »

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kid Know Nothing wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:Maybe a Kelly Chen lynch is a good idea.
Vote: Kelly Chen

Anyone else want to weigh in?
I don't really see the point.

I get what you meant by her being a prospect infected but that's pretty weak reasoning. Maybe lynches suck, imo.
Ok, serious times now. The way i see it, our best chance to win is to nail scum today. If we have 1 scum, we can potentially win it. If we have 2 scum, the odds are still favouring scum to win (which imo, makes the setup greatly unbalanced).

Anyway im assuming the vast majority here are town, so when i see people like myself and Veerus, who were quite evidently not infected last night, getting run up by people who also may well be town, i feel a sense of urgency to push towards a lynch of someone who has at least a REASONABLE CHANCE of being scum.

She was cautious towards my wagon, and you might claim that if she was infected, she would have no cause to be. But, she could have been waiting for the opportunity to hammer. And, imo, far more likely, was intending to stay off the mislynch today, because she has faith in herself to be able to take this one to the hoop.

So, yes, my vote stands.

BM
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:04 am

Post by Battle Mage »

veerus wrote:BM, your quote tag is messed up and it looks like you unvoted & voted for me.

KC, I meant that Kise's playstyle was very different from how PP was playing and it is my belief that such a difference likely implies a scum replacement since everyone has their own idea of how to play scum best while there's usually only one way to play townie.
I didnt. And it's fairly obvious i didnt. The vote is inside quote tags. It does not count.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

The Replacement
The Replacement
Townie
The Replacement
Townie
Townie

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:41 am

Post by The Replacement »

charter wrote:Upon going over Shotty's posts today, I got a bad feeling that he might be an infected (his play yesterday leads me to believe he was infected last night). He's posted a few times today, but largely said nothing of much importance.

Also, this post seems like he panicked that malthusis's infection didn't go through
Shotty to the Body wrote:Guard got infected? Guard didn't want to shoot someone when they weren't sure of alignment? How does the phrasing of the mod's post imply no security guard? It's pretty clear that Malthisus died of infection according to the death post, I'm pretty sure somewhere in D1 we talked about the guard not randomly shooting people if he wasn't sure.
This post is probably a little bit of a stretch, but his play today has been just trying to scrape by.
At the beginning of your post you say you think it likely he was infected last night based upon his day one play. Then you go on to say that today that it looks like he was concerned with whether or not Malthusis' infetion was successful, which means he had to have begun the game as an infected for that to be the case. It can't be both.
Willing to replace into any non-mini game. Just shoot me a PM.
Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:55 am

Post by Shotty to the Body »

Yeah I was about to point that out, that doesn't make sense Charter. Do you think I was infected last night or do you think I've been scum from the start? You can't have both and this smells like role-fishing to me.
"By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest." -Confucius
The Replacement
The Replacement
Townie
The Replacement
Townie
Townie

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:05 am

Post by The Replacement »

I disagree in that I don't see the rolefishing in his post.
Willing to replace into any non-mini game. Just shoot me a PM.
Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:44 am

It's more of a gut feeling, not sure how to explain it to you, but I don't see how he could write such an inherent contradiction into his post on without having some ulterior motive and it sticks out to me because of that.
"By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest." -Confucius
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:30 pm

Post by Kelly Chen »

charter wrote:Upon going over Shotty's posts today, I got a bad feeling that he might be an infected (his play yesterday leads me to believe he was infected last night)
Even just hypothetically, how could someone's play yesterday suggest that?

@BM can you say anything concrete about how unbalanced three scum would be? I've noted how swingy two scum would be.
Ok, serious times now. The way i see it, our best chance to win is to nail scum today. If we have 1 scum, we can potentially win it. If we have 2 scum, the odds are still favouring scum to win (which imo, makes the setup greatly unbalanced).
If we have 1 scum
and a couple of effective test subjects
we could already have it in the bag. I don't think that's a likely scenario, just that it depends.

It seems you cleared veerus of being original scum just because he didn't show conviction in his fallen vote. But given his earlier posts, he didn't have room to, it wouldn't have made sense.

I understand the philosophy behind finding the recruited scum over a (merely possible) original scum, but there has to be something to go on. If it's easier to find an original scum then let's get him I say.

Thinking about moving my vote but I still have to read Mokina's other games.
Rally Vincent
Rally Vincent
Goon
Rally Vincent
Goon
Goon

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2009 12:40 am

Post by Rally Vincent »

charter wrote:I could go for a RV lynch today perhaps.
Why?
Show
The youths who frequent picture palaces
have no need for psychoanalysis.
And though Dr. Freud
is distinctly annoyed
they cling to their long-standing fallacies.
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2009 8:17 pm

Post by Kelly Chen »

I just reread Rally and charter. I'll keep my Rally thoughts to myself for the moment, but I was surprised to feel that there is not much keeping charter from being
original
scum. Given his D1 suspicions I now tend to think he would've been a mediocre recruitment choice.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:24 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Kelly Chen wrote:I just reread Rally and charter. I'll keep my Rally thoughts to myself for the moment, but I was surprised to feel that there is not much keeping charter from being
original
scum. Given his D1 suspicions I now tend to think he would've been a mediocre recruitment choice.
mediocre, as opposed to?

In case you missed it, we aren't hunting "original" scum, on the grounds that we dont know they exist, and frankly, we have far less to go on. Between you, you guys have already named more suspects to be scum on Day 1, than we have as being infected scum, so why are you sending us down the difficult, and potentially pointless, route?

I strongly suggest you give us feedback on your RV read.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:28 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Kelly Chen wrote:
charter wrote:Upon going over Shotty's posts today, I got a bad feeling that he might be an infected (his play yesterday leads me to believe he was infected last night)

@BM can you say anything concrete about how unbalanced three scum would be? I've noted how swingy two scum would be.
I'm leaning more 50-50 now between 3 and 2 scum starting. But, given the possibility of there only being 2, and the fact that we have absolutely no consensus on who could have been scum on Day 1, its pretty ridiculous to try hunting that original scumbag now. If we miss today, but get close, presumably, that scumbag will suicide and we're back to square one again.
Kelly wrote:
If we have 1 scum
we could already have it in the bag. I don't think that's a likely scenario, just that it depends.

It seems you cleared veerus of being original scum just because he didn't show conviction in his fallen vote. But given his earlier posts, he didn't have room to, it wouldn't have made sense.
Then why would he bother voting for Fallen?
Kelly Chen wrote: I understand the philosophy behind finding the recruited scum over a (merely possible) original scum, but there has to be something to go on. If it's easier to find an original scum then let's get him I say.
I think if you read the comments of people today, you'll see why it is NOT easier to find original scum. Frankly, it's a complete piss-in-the-dark.
Kelly Chen wrote: Thinking about moving my vote but I still have to read Mokina's other games.
Do you think Poptaj infectee is possible? Would you consider lynching him today?

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:01 pm

Post by Kelly Chen »

Battle Mage wrote:
Kelly Chen wrote:I just reread Rally and charter. I'll keep my Rally thoughts to myself for the moment, but I was surprised to feel that there is not much keeping charter from being
original
mediocre, as opposed to?
as opposed to clever.
In case you missed it, we aren't hunting "original" scum, on the grounds that we dont know they exist, and frankly, we have far less to go on. Between you, you guys have already named more suspects to be scum on Day 1, than we have as being infected scum, so why are you sending us down the difficult, and potentially pointless, route?
Has nothing to do with quantity of suspects. If we find scum, we lynch scum. That's what I'm saying.
No. Rally asked charter and possibly you. It's not useful for me to give answers for you.
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:13 pm

Post by Kelly Chen »

Battle Mage wrote:
Kelly Chen wrote:

I'm leaning more 50-50 now between 3 and 2 scum starting. But, given the possibility of there only being 2, and the fact that we have absolutely no consensus on who could have been scum on Day 1, its pretty ridiculous to try hunting that original scumbag now. If we miss today, but get close, presumably, that scumbag will suicide and we're back to square one again.
So you want us to voluntarily start at square one.

I don't care about consensus right now. Most people aren't even posting. I am not even sure what I think myself at the moment. If we give it some time we might get some consensus (or change tracks completely)
Kelly wrote:
If we have 1 scum

That I don't know, but the fact that he did hardly rules out that he's scum.
Kelly Chen wrote:I understand the philosophy behind finding the recruited scum over a (merely possible) original scum, but there has to be something to go on. If it's easier to find an original scum then let's get him I say.
I think if you read the comments of people today, you'll see why it is NOT easier to find original scum. Frankly, it's a complete piss-in-the-dark.
No, sorry, I don't see why it would be harder to find original scum, assuming there is one.
Kelly Chen wrote:Thinking about moving my vote but I still have to read Mokina's other games.
Do you think Poptaj infectee is possible? Would you consider lynching him today?
I think it is possible (though it would've been a poor recruitment). I'll lynch scum if I see scum.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2009 4:34 pm

Post by charter »

The Replacement wrote:
charter wrote:Upon going over Shotty's posts today, I got a bad feeling that he might be an infected (his play yesterday leads me to believe he was infected last night). He's posted a few times today, but largely said nothing of much importance.

At the beginning of your post you say you think it likely he was infected last night based upon his day one play. Then you go on to say that today that it looks like he was concerned with whether or not Malthusis' infetion was successful, which means he had to have begun the game as an infected for that to be the case. It can't be both.
Yeah, I just checked the infected role PM and apparently they can talk all the time, so if malthusis's infection went through, he'd know if he was infected. I thought it worked like most cults where they can't talk with the new recruit until the next night, so my theory isn't true (though Shotty is still not posting at all today).
Shotty to the Body wrote:Yeah I was about to point that out, that doesn't make sense Charter. Do you think I was infected last night or do you think I've been scum from the start? You can't have both and this smells like role-fishing to me.
What about my post was rolefishing at all?
Kelly wrote:Even just hypothetically, how could someone's play yesterday suggest that?
Find it scummy today, but his stuff from yesterday wasn't very scummy.
Rally Vincent wrote:
charter wrote:I could go for a RV lynch today perhaps.
Why?
Because your theory that veerus was scum with malthusis and fallen angel yesterday makes zero sense at all. You've tunneled on veerus ridiculously hard and really haven't even mentioned his lurking as reasons he's scum (which I think is more concrete than his NL plan). His voting for FA yesterday pretty much ensured FA would get lynched, when I'm pretty sure he could have voted for Kise and either got Kise lynched or a no lynch, both far superior to FA being lynched if veerus was scum.

I still think BM is the scummiest, but meh. Still waiting on The Replacement and something from him, since his thoughts on this game just stopped abruptly.
Rally Vincent
Rally Vincent
Goon
Rally Vincent
Goon
Goon

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:44 pm

Post by Rally Vincent »

charter wrote: Because your theory that veerus was scum with malthusis and fallen angel yesterday makes zero sense at all. You've tunneled on veerus ridiculously hard and really haven't even mentioned his lurking as reasons he's scum (which I think is more concrete than his NL plan). His voting for FA yesterday pretty much ensured FA would get lynched, when I'm pretty sure he could have voted for Kise and either got Kise lynched or a no lynch, both far superior to FA being lynched if veerus was scum.
I don't think that a Kise lynch would have been a realistic option; in fact, voting Kise yesterday would have made veerus more suspicious - let alone pursuing the NL. And I called veerus out on not doing anything to find scum, so I don't understand why all of you reduce me to voting veerus for his NL plan only. I said several times that it wasn't his NL alone; what more do you expect?
Show
The youths who frequent picture palaces
have no need for psychoanalysis.
And though Dr. Freud
is distinctly annoyed
they cling to their long-standing fallacies.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:55 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

Kelly Chen wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:
original
mediocre, as opposed to?
as opposed to clever.
Has nothing to do with quantity of suspects. If we find scum, we lynch scum. That's what I'm saying.
that's weak.
Kelly Chen wrote:
No. Rally asked charter and possibly you. It's not useful for me to give answers for you.
I dont understand.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:58 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

Kelly Chen wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:
Kelly Chen wrote:

So you want us to voluntarily start at square one.

I don't care about consensus right now. Most people aren't even posting. I am not even sure what I think myself at the moment. If we give it some time we might get some consensus (or change tracks completely)
Yeh id like to see the town get some sort of direction. And yes, i want us to start at square 1, because it means we have far less crap to wade through.
Kelly wrote:
Kelly wrote:
If we have 1 scum

That I don't know, but the fact that he did hardly rules out that he's scum.
Imo, it does, because it makes no sense. You're stretching.
Kelly Chen wrote:
Kelly Chen wrote:I understand the philosophy behind finding the recruited scum over a (merely possible) original scum, but there has to be something to go on. If it's easier to find an original scum then let's get him I say.
No, sorry, I don't see why it would be harder to find original scum, assuming there is one.
What was the wagon on me about? I thought it was because i was under suspicion of being original scum.
Kelly Chen wrote:
Kelly Chen wrote:Thinking about moving my vote but I still have to read Mokina's other games.
I think it is possible (though it would've been a poor recruitment). I'll lynch scum if I see scum.
That's the second time you've said that. Who are you trying to kid?

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:56 am

I have to agree with RV, FA was sunk so far in it would've been hard to pull him out of the hole as Veerus-scum. Even if he tried it might backfire and then they would be down two players. If veerus is scum his only play there considering how many people were MIA etc was to bus FA.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:49 am

Post by charter »

veerus doesn't look like scum, because look at malthusis's post 341. He deliberately tries to lynch someone besides FA. WHY OH WHY would he pick his other buddy veerus over FA?

Also, another really strong reason to support three scum in this game is malthusis's post 358.

With Mokina gone, me V/LA, FA not going to vote himself, and malthusis not going to vote FA, the game was left with 8 people and they needed 7 votes to lynch. BM hadn't posted anything worth posting in like two weeks before deadline, so that would mean veerus bussed his buddy to a lynch, when he could have forced a no lynch. I disagree that FA would have been lynched without veerus's earlyish vote.

I'm sorry, but veerus does not look like an original scumbag, and I think it's unlikely that he got infected last night.
Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:42 am

I understand where you're coming from with the original scum theory, but what makes you so sure he didn't get infected? Yesterday he was fairly active and came up with a plan that he thought was helpful to town and commented on most everything. Today he's done nada. Thoughts?
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:50 am

Post by charter »

For all I know he could have got infected last night, but if I was scum, it's not what I would have done. I can come up with a theory for why any player got infected, but they don't hold any water.

The reason I'm saying it makes no sense that he was scum yesterday, is because RV is still pushing that veerus is original scum, which he's been doing the entire game, and which I'm pretty sure is wrong. It makes RV look like a slightly more likely to be an infected candidate than the rest of you.
veerus
veerus
Mafia Scum
veerus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:45 pm

Post by veerus »

Shotty to the Body wrote:I understand where you're coming from with the original scum theory, but what makes you so sure he didn't get infected? Yesterday he was fairly active and came up with a plan that he thought was helpful to town and commented on most everything. Today he's done nada. Thoughts?
Yesterday I was active for a while due to my plan, which today is completely invalid. And I haven't come up with another "clever" plan to tackle day 2. In a game like this with cults who could always communicate, sometimes it's better to observe. I've already said who I think was likely infected by malthusis. I am also starting to think that The Replacement might've been infected. Mokina was pretty townish in D1, but Replacement briefly waddled back and forth on BM before not saying much else. In one of his posts he also said that he'd been playing for several months, implying experience. If malthusis had an idea of who that person is, him infecting The Replacement would also fit with the "infect an experienced player" theory.

I am also starting to think that charter is likely town. He's mentioned numerous completely valid reasons for why I, and my actions, are pro-town. Few too many if he was scum.
On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero.
-Fight Club
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:05 pm

Post by charter »

Do we have a deadline?

Can we get a prod on The Replacement

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”