Newbie 818 (Game Over)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Pablo Molinero
Pablo Molinero
Goon
Pablo Molinero
Goon
Goon

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:03 am

Post by Pablo Molinero »

Pomegranate
-Pablo, how suspicious are you of adamrights for his use of emoticons? What do you think of his claim that he's a newbie and he's just getting used to the site?
Not very. I do think one has to respect the "newbie" aspect of these games, but not so much that they sweep everything under the rug. That defense only gets you so far, so if he (or anyone) uses it later in the game I will be more skeptical.

Pomegranate
Do you have other experience as an IC? I'm wondering because, while this game is not going quickly, you seem overly happy with the idea of lurker-lynch, when we still have two weeks to go before deadline.
Yeah, this is my 3rd or 4th game as an IC, so I enjoy the role a bit. Also, look at my context and phrasing of the lurker-lynch: do you really think I'm behind the idea, or am I just posing a question?

sraymonds
No, I don't believe Pomegranate deserves my vote.
btw, you're still voting.

jack
i would love to hear the reasoning behind this. I cant think of anything i have done in this game thats suspicous.
Got something else to say? This, "Pfff, ha!" sort of response without any further pursuit of anyone reads very scummy to me.
SAMMICHES SAMMICHES SAMMICHES
Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:09 am

Post by Pomegranate »

Pablo wrote:Pomegranate
Do you have other experience as an IC? I'm wondering because, while this game is not going quickly, you seem overly happy with the idea of lurker-lynch, when we still have two weeks to go before deadline.

Yeah, this is my 3rd or 4th game as an IC, so I enjoy the role a bit. Also, look at my context and phrasing of the lurker-lynch: do you really think I'm behind the idea, or am I just posing a question?
Now I understand your view on lurker-lynching; thanks for clarifying.
sraymonds
sraymonds
Townie
sraymonds
Townie
Townie

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:55 am

Post by sraymonds »

Pablo Molinero wrote:
No, I don't believe Pomegranate deserves my vote.
btw, you're still voting.
Just for some clarification, because I don't believe Pomegranate deserves my vote, I should unvote and just hold my vote til I decide who deserves my vote?
Katy
Katy
Goon
Katy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:46 am

Post by Katy »

-Katy, do you find anyone other than adamrights scummy? If so, whom?
No, not really. I'm wary of Pablo, just because I know he knows what I'm doing and he seems to be laying traps for people (such as the question about lurker lynches) which may be a very pro-town thing to do, but concerns me because in a newbie game I could see that being an effective tool to manufacture suspicion on newbtown. I'm not ready to call him scummy yet, but I'm keeping an eye out.

Aside from that I am unsure about pretty much everyone except that I am leaning town on sraymonds, and despite the craziness, I am actually leaning town on jackinthebox as well because he was fairly direct with his suspicions and specifying who he thought was town as well right from the getgo.
Exalt
Exalt
Mafia Scum
Exalt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:45 am

Post by Exalt »

Pablo Molinero wrote:Exalt
This is slight rolefishing too. You also gain + scum points for this. Did you not read the first post that stated the 4 possible setups? Are you hoping for a claim or something? I don't get it.
It reads as an honest mistake to me; I think he was clarifying his 75 with his 76 and it was only like 10 mins afterward, so it was a quick catch. Anywho, we should be done with this line of conversation.
Pablo, do me a favor. Stop answering questions directed toward adam please. It seems you are trying to defend him now by answering things FOR him instead of letting him do it himself. You aren't allowing him to slip up and say scummy things by doing this....

I'm not going to go so far as to say you are helping a partner out... but please stop helping unconfirmed players answer questions when it isn't IC related.
Exalt
Exalt
Mafia Scum
Exalt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:49 am

Post by Exalt »

Pomegranate wrote:-Jackinthebox, you say you find sraymond to be suspicious, yet you give him a defense in order to avoid suspicion in the future. Why? Pablo asked you why you did this, and you say that the defense won't help him. Then you suspect Pablo for coming to sraymond's aid, and voting for you because you didn't make sense. Is that just OMGUS? If not, why?
I just realized.... Pablo did this for adamrights.... the same exact thing that he voted Jackinthebox for (aka giving him a defense and "coaching").

@Pablo
: Do you not see what you just did here? Why did you vote Jackinthebox when you just did it yourself? HMMMMMMMM
Pomegranate wrote: -Exalt, you are also lurking a bit. Will you post more now that you finals are over?
They are over after today lol. Yes, I will. I won't start classes again til like August 22nd I think. This should give me a LOT more time. I am also in 4 other games, so I won't be tearing up the thread with 90% of the posts here, but I will not be lurking.
adamrights
adamrights
Goon
adamrights
Goon
Goon

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:58 am

Post by adamrights »

Exalt wrote:
adamrights wrote:I guess if Pablo turns out scum then Katy should be the next investigation.
Are you suggesting lynching Pablo and setting up a possible future lynch of Katy? What is your thought process with this?

Just wondering, because you seem to have your top two suspects being the ones that voted for you. This is definitely in an OMGUS fashion, and I don't like it.
Pablo was voting for Jack when I made this post. I thought his vote was scummy, which is why I find him suspicious. It has nothing to do with his previous vote on me. I find Katy also suspicious but for different reasons.
Exalt wrote:
adamrights wrote:Though I guess this depends on the setup. I'm used to a different site where there is always 1 cop and 1 doctor.
This is slight rolefishing too. You also gain + scum points for this. Did you not read the first post that stated the 4 possible setups? Are you hoping for a claim or something? I don't get it.
I was just discussing for the sake of discussion. Why not?
Pablo Molinero wrote: So: would anyone be down with a lurker-lynch at this point?
Are you for a lurker-lynch at this point?
Pomegranate wrote: -adamrights, I don't understand your reasoning for being suspicious of Pablo. Could you explain what was fishy about him in clearer terms?
Post 72 is where I illustrate my suspicions on Pablo.

Kind of in a rush, have to read page 5. Should post more later.
Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:29 am

Post by Pomegranate »

Exalt wrote:They are over after today lol. Yes, I will. I won't start classes again til like August 22nd I think. This should give me a LOT more time. I am also in 4 other games, so I won't be tearing up the thread with 90% of the posts here, but I will not be lurking.
Thanks.
Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:37 am

Post by Pomegranate »

adamrights wrote:
Pomegranate wrote: -adamrights, I don't understand your reasoning for being suspicious of Pablo. Could you explain what was fishy about him in clearer terms?
Post 72 is where I illustrate my suspicions on Pablo.

Kind of in a rush, have to read page 5. Should post more later.
I'm sorry, but I don't understand much from that post. Could you please rephrase yourself in a clearer so I will understand it? I'm sorry for making you do this, but I want to get my facts about everybody straight.
Pablo Molinero
Pablo Molinero
Goon
Pablo Molinero
Goon
Goon

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:40 pm

Post by Pablo Molinero »

Exalt
I just realized.... Pablo did this for adamrights.... the same exact thing that he voted Jackinthebox for (aka giving him a defense and "coaching").
I don't think they're the same thing.

Exhibit A (jack): Person A does something questionable, Person B calls them out on it and says what they would do instead.

Exhibit B (adamrights): Person A does something questionable, Person B calls them out on it, Person C disagrees on Person B's read.

I mean, I'll try not to answer questions directed at exact people before they do, but I guess I didn't see it in this case and had to disagree.

adamrights
Are you for a lurker-lynch at this point?
Question with a question? Come on, would it kill you to give a straight answer? +Scum points. And no, I am very against a lurker-lynch right now: we have a good discussion going. I may feel differently close to deadline, though.

sraymonds
Just for some clarification, because I don't believe Pomegranate deserves my vote, I should unvote and just hold my vote til I decide who deserves my vote?
I mean, it ain't a big thing right now since you're the only vote on Pomegranate, but perhaps your vote should be a bit more active/useful?
hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:43 pm

Post by hohum »

Official Vote Count:
Jackinthebox777(3): adamrights, Pablo Molinero, Pomegranate

sraymonds(2): Exalt, Jackinthebox777
adamrights(1): katy
Exalt(1): MiteyMouse
Pomegranet(1): sraymonds

Not Voting(1): Deep Blue

2 week deadline warning

Last edited by hohum on Sun Aug 02, 2009 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
adamrights
adamrights
Goon
adamrights
Goon
Goon

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:27 pm

Post by adamrights »

@Pablo I didn't want to affect your answer, but I don't think we should lurker-lynch...I doubt scum have been lurking, and this might just be a guess -- but someone getting scum in a newbie game might get overly excited...hence even less likely to lurk; plus, it seems worthwhile to keep discussion going and see what happens in the conversations leading to a lynch.
adamrights
adamrights
Goon
adamrights
Goon
Goon

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:31 pm

Post by adamrights »

If you think I'm top scum suspect you should switch over to me, we should see where people stand.
Deep Blue
Deep Blue
Townie
Deep Blue
Townie
Townie

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:37 am

Post by Deep Blue »

If I had to lynch someone I would probably lynch adamrights. However all the cases here are very flimsey so we need more discussion.
[url=http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=4]I urge you to read this.[/url]
adamrights
adamrights
Goon
adamrights
Goon
Goon

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:23 am

Post by adamrights »

@Deep Blue Pretty much it seems like your saying any lynch right now is a good lynch (because we all know it really is a roll of the dice right now). And your hooking that up with the slight roll toward me. So you know what...you just slipped up Deep Blue. You placed a subtle push for "Vote Adamrights" purposely into the thread. This makes me think you want the day to end with a good random lynch vote, so that you can get to the night phase and get on to your killing.

Begging for the "more discussion" allows you to claim you weren't really pushing an end to the day. But that's not true.

If you actually thought I might be scum and were a townie you'd cast a vote for me, because this vote is 90% luck right now and if you really believe I gave a tell then it would be worth voting me.

Instead you just lightly tapped on the town side...trying to push us off course -- your scum and your indecisiveness is an expression of this subtle maneuvering your attempting on us.

So yeah.
unvote, Vote Deep Blue
Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:39 am

Post by Pomegranate »

Adamrights, I think you're overdoing it. Deep Blue said that if he
had
to lynch someone now, it would be you. That doesn't mean that right now he wouldn't rather wait until (closer to) deadline. Your reply to Deep Blue makes you seem more scummy than her original post did.
Deep Blue
Deep Blue
Townie
Deep Blue
Townie
Townie

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:44 am

Post by Deep Blue »

Seriously dude, If I HAD to lynch I would lynch you. There is still 2 weeks of discussion left which is plenty of time for more discussion.
Pretty much it seems like your saying any lynch right now is a good lynch
Where the hell did you get that idea? Do us all a favour and tell us where you got this idea.
And your hooking that up with the slight roll toward me.
Slight? I just said that if I HAD to to lynch someone it would be you. How in the hell is that a slight roll towards you?
If you actually thought I might be scum and were a townie you'd cast a vote for me, because this vote is 90% luck right now and if you really believe I gave a tell then it would be worth voting me.
I didn't vote because all the cases against people were terrible.
And you assume that a townie would cast a vote. Why do you think this? Townies are not robots that will do the same thing in the same situation.
Instead you just lightly tapped on the town side...trying to push us off course -- your scum and your indecisiveness is an expression of this subtle maneuvering your attempting on us.
You on the pipe or something? You haven't cited a single post in these arguments. Show these posts where I "slipped up" and I will answer them.

Vote adamrights
for scummish behaviour.
[url=http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=4]I urge you to read this.[/url]
hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2009 12:02 pm

Post by hohum »

MiteyMouse (IC) replaces Kitoari
MiteyMouse
MiteyMouse
He's too nICe
MiteyMouse
He's too nICe
He's too nICe

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2009 12:05 pm

Post by MiteyMouse »

Hi guys! Nice to be here! I'll do a quick read and be back in a few!
The more I see, the less I know
The more I'd like to let it go.
Katy
Katy
Goon
Katy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2009 12:11 pm

Post by Katy »

Adamrights, you are sounding really defensive, pushing on anyone who shows even a slight amount of suspicion on you. If you are not scum, and are town, then the way to save yourself would be to find some scum.

You seem to believe that anyone who shows even a little bit of suspicion on you is suddenly scummy. Do you have any other evidence on Deep Blue besides his latest post? Right now I'm inclined to dismiss your vote as OMGUS unless you have something else to base it on.
I'll never get used to anything. Anybody that does, they might as well be dead.

My Games
Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2009 12:37 pm

Post by Pomegranate »

Katy wrote:Adamrights, you are sounding really defensive, pushing on anyone who shows even a slight amount of suspicion on you. If you are not scum, and are town, then the way to save yourself would be to find some scum.

You seem to believe that anyone who shows even a little bit of suspicion on you is suddenly scummy. Do you have any other evidence on Deep Blue besides his latest post? Right now I'm inclined to dismiss your vote as OMGUS unless you have something else to base it on.
Well said, Katy.
MiteyMouse
MiteyMouse
He's too nICe
MiteyMouse
He's too nICe
He's too nICe

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2009 1:32 pm

Post by MiteyMouse »

Sorry guys...supper had to happen in the middle of my read.

PM...I have played a lot of games...probably more than my skill level would indicate. I am an IC here but, I'm not sure if I'm the IC for this game. I can help out with the IC duties if you need though. I have never played in real life though...I'd love to try that!

sraymonds...just read and ask questions. I think you'll like the game once you find your feet. Don't be afraid to post your thoughts and ideas and ask questions when you get confused. Your ICs and SEs are here to help you.

Pablo...I'm not sure if lynch the lurker is a good strategy at this point. At this early stage in the game, finding replacements is not too hard...as evidenced by me being here.

Unvote

Also, can we limit the use of the word retarded...I really hate the word and it would be appreciated. Thanks guys!
MiteyMouse
MiteyMouse
He's too nICe
MiteyMouse
He's too nICe
He's too nICe

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:40 pm

Post by MiteyMouse »

Pomagranate...have you ever heard the 3rd vote theory?
Pablo Molinero
Pablo Molinero
Goon
Pablo Molinero
Goon
Goon

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:51 pm

Post by Pablo Molinero »

GODDAMNMUTHERF**KING Internet Explorer!

*ahem*

The post that I lost went a little something like this:

- Welcome MiteyMouse, feel free to add into the IC duties with your own knowledge, but try not to coach scum.

- Adamrights, were you aware that Deep Blue was answering my question when he said if he had to lynch someone it would be you?

- Deep Blue, your reacion looks genuine to me, if a little OMGUS and newbish. However, you say you want more discussion and yet the majority of your posts are 1-line long. Whatsupwitdat?

- Katy, got something original to say? Do you think that adamrights is scummy or merely misguided in his vote?

- Pomegranate, I'm not a fan of your quick "yeah," style post behind Deep Blue and Katy. Again, does adamrights deserve DB's and/or your vote?

- Exalt and everyone else: what's your read on the situation?

Bah, writing things out two times sucks. There was more detail, but whatevs.
hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:01 pm

Post by hohum »

Pablo Molinero wrote: [Expletive] Internet Explorer!
http://www.apple.com/safari/

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”