Dry-fit
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:57 am

Post by Dry-fit »

I like PZ's vote "analysis" on Ed. I'm pretty well convinced Ed is the scum now.

A quick theory question: Would it be better for Ed to not self-hammer so that there are more people on the lynching wagon, or do non-voters/those with votes elsewhere provide as much information for vote analysis?
Andy Murray: Two time Wimbledon and one time US Open Champ! Former world number 1!

C'mon Andy!
Special Ed
Special Ed
Townie
Special Ed
Townie
Townie

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:58 am

Post by Special Ed »

Herodotus wrote:
Special Ed wrote:
Papa Zito wrote:
Herodotus wrote:Is there anything else to say before the hammer?
Good stuff.

I'd prefer we give afatchic/replacement a chance to weigh in before the day closes.
No
! I'm going to hammer myself like Mtey says I do when I'm Scum....and...

OK, the idea for this post was funnier in my head than it is in preview.
I'm baffled about whether this post amounts to Ed claiming scum.

If you aren't scum, I don't think you should self-hammer. If you are, then there's no need to make us wait for afa to respond to his prod or, heh, be replaced immediately before the town wins.
I apologize for wasting my sense of humor on this forum. It won't happen again.
Special Ed
Special Ed
Townie
Special Ed
Townie
Townie

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:00 am

Post by Special Ed »

oh goodness, you people are dense.

I'm not going to self-hammer on the odd hope that maybe the Scum will slip at some point and help you figure out who they are.
Special Ed
Special Ed
Townie
Special Ed
Townie
Townie

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:12 am

Post by Special Ed »

Dry-fit wrote:I like PZ's vote "analysis" on Ed. I'm pretty well convinced Ed is the scum now.

A quick theory question: Would it be better for Ed to not self-hammer so that there are more people on the lynching wagon, or do non-voters/those with votes elsewhere provide as much information for vote analysis?
Why are you worried about how the votes will look when analyzing the vote results?

And why are you so sure I'm not Scum and therefore we will be analyzing votes after my lynch?
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:27 am

Post by Zorblag »

Actually, Special Ed, if you're town you haven't done much at all in the way of saying what your suspicions are today. As you seem OK with the idea of being lynched because it's unlikely that you're the chosen it's a bit surprising to me that you're not doing more to help us figure out who the scum is likely to be if it's not you. Right now it seems that it's more likely that you think it's MiteyMouse than anyone else but I can't tell what you think about anyone else right now. Care to share?

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Special Ed
Special Ed
Townie
Special Ed
Townie
Townie

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:40 am

Post by Special Ed »

OK, let's look at this for toMorrow. (completely plagiarized)
Vote Count 1 wrote: 2 Archon:
TDC
Nuwen

AshMC1984
:
1 BloodCovenent: afatchic
0 afatchic:
0 MiteyMouse:
1 Zorblag: BloodCovenent
Nuwen
: [/color]
2 Papa Zito: MiteyMouse,
AshMC1984

TDC:
Vote Count 2 wrote: 2 Archon:
TDC
Nuwen

AshMC1984
:
0 afatchic:
0 MiteyMouse:
1 Zorblag: BloodCovenent
Nuwen
: Papa Zito
2 Papa Zito: MiteyMouse,
AshMC1984

TDC
:
Vote Count 3 wrote:3 Herodotus:
TDC
Raivann
AshMC1984

AshMC1984
: Papa Zito
0 afatchic:
1 MiteyMouse: BloodCovenent
0 Zorblag:
Raivann
: Zorblag, Herodotus
1 [Papa Zito: MiteyMouse
TDC
:
Vote Count 4 wrote:1 Herodotus:
Raivann

Special
Ed
:
0 afatchic:
0 Zorblag:
Raivann
: Zorblag Herodotus Papa Zito
0 Papa Zito: MiteyMouse
TDC
:
Lynch Count wrote:5
Raivann
: Zorblag, Herodotus, Papa Zito,
TDC
Special
Ed

1 Herodotus:
Raivann

Special Ed

0 afatchic:
0 Zorblag:
1 Papa Zito: MiteyMouse
TDC
I would agree that it seems unlikely that the first 3 voters on Raivann contain the other Scum. There was too much opportunity to get off that wagon before TDC and I joined (but it's still possible)

Dry's last comments puzzle me a bit, as he starts off saying he's convinced I'm Scum, but then asks about how the vote analysis will look toMorrow. If I'm Scum, there will be no analysis toMorrow. Also, if you're Town, you should be more worried about finding Scum rather than how the vote analysis will look toMorrow.

The case against Mitey is not mine. It's Zorblag's mostly, and I have nothing to really add to it, but I see it's validity.

afat seems to be laying very low, not sure if that's a playstyle, if they've just disappeared, or if it's a tactic.

I don't have a good read on the remaining Scum, but I'd wager you'll find them in the 3 remaining one-off voters from Day 1.
Dry-fit
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:31 am

Post by Dry-fit »

Special Ed wrote:Dry's last comments puzzle me a bit, as he starts off saying he's convinced I'm Scum, but then asks about how the vote analysis will look toMorrow. If I'm Scum, there will be no analysis toMorrow. Also, if you're Town, you should be more worried about finding Scum rather than how the vote analysis will look toMorrow.
Even though I think it's likely you're scum, we still need to pick the optimal strategy in the event of later days. The reason I brought up the vote analysis is because it's a theory question that's interested me for a while, and it happened to come up. Though it's now obvious you weren't serious about self-hammering.
Andy Murray: Two time Wimbledon and one time US Open Champ! Former world number 1!

C'mon Andy!
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:03 am

Post by Papa Zito »

Dry-fit wrote:A quick theory question: Would it be better for Ed to not self-hammer so that there are more people on the lynching wagon, or do non-voters/those with votes elsewhere provide as much information for vote analysis?
There are only very very very rare cases where townies should self-vote. This is not one of them.

The day isn't over, and my mind isn't set in stone. If someone were to present a good case on someone else I'd consider moving.

Special Ed, could you give us a breakdown of where you think people stand? Something like:

Prob Scum

X
Y

Scummy

X
Y

Neutral

X
Y

Townish

X
Y

Prob Town

X
Y

A sentence or two of why you think those things would be great too.
Kappa
Just Monika
Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.
Special Ed
Special Ed
Townie
Special Ed
Townie
Townie

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:23 am

Post by Special Ed »

Dry-fit wrote:
Special Ed wrote:Dry's last comments puzzle me a bit, as he starts off saying he's convinced I'm Scum, but then asks about how the vote analysis will look toMorrow. If I'm Scum, there will be no analysis toMorrow. Also, if you're Town, you should be more worried about finding Scum rather than how the vote analysis will look toMorrow.
Even though I think it's likely you're scum, we still need to pick the optimal strategy in the event of later days. The reason I brought up the vote analysis is because it's a theory question that's interested me for a while, and it happened to come up. Though it's now obvious you weren't serious about self-hammering.
um, true I wasn't serious about self-hammering.

I was mocking part of Mitey's case against me. That I self-hammer when Scum. While it's true, I've only self-hammered as
outed
Scum. Despite the suspicion on me, I'm not an outed Scum. The 2 cases I have to guess she was referring to, there was no question whatsoever that I was Scum in those games.

I'm sorry no one realized that I was making fun of that. That's why I apologized for it.
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:30 am

Post by Zorblag »

Special Ed, some of us dense people saw the joke, don't worry.

I would like to see your answer to Papa Zito's more specific questions though. I'm glad that you answered my more general question but if you're town more in depth reasons for what you're thinking can only help as we go on. If I were to focus on one person in particular there are a number of things that I could add to the reasons that I don't care for what MiteyMouse has done that I haven't mentioned but my attention has been pretty strongly there for most of today so I won't. More particulars as this point from you would be appreciated.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Special Ed
Special Ed
Townie
Special Ed
Townie
Townie

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:33 am

Post by Special Ed »

Papa Zito wrote:
A sentence or two of why you think those things would be great too.
In post 405, I place my suspicion on the three one off voters ant why I believe them to be Scum.

I also list that I suspect the other three remaining Raivann voters to be Town because they did have ample opportunity to leave the bandwagon.

I agree that hero has made a good case for him being the Chosen, I think it will lose some validity after my lynch, however.

But to summarize:

Dry's post #400, I know it's weak. In fact, I wouldn't vote based soley on that, but it did ping me a tiny bit. Couple that with the case against me saying I'm Town, which I think I've detailed well, and I've got 2 small pings.

Mitey:
I liked Zoprblag's post 342. I agree that it seemed as if Mitey was grasping at straws to make a case on Day 1.
She also jumped on what I think was a weak case by dry as to my stating I'm town, and never responded to my defense of it.
She basically states that her vote is based on 'gut' but also states that she always thinks I'm scum. From my wiki one can see that I've been Scum 7 times. 2 of those were all scum faction games. 2 of those were recruitment games.
Finally, she states that I self-hammer when Scum. I've already refuted that as well.

Afat: doesn't seem to be around, isn't participating much over all. It could be a strategy to hide.
Special Ed
Special Ed
Townie
Special Ed
Townie
Townie

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:34 am

Post by Special Ed »

Zorblag wrote:Special Ed, some of us dense people saw the joke, don't worry.

I would like to see your answer to Papa Zito's more specific questions though. I'm glad that you answered my more general question but if you're town more in depth reasons for what you're thinking can only help as we go on. If I were to focus on one person in particular there are a number of things that I could add to the reasons that I don't care for what MiteyMouse has done that I haven't mentioned but my attention has been pretty strongly there for most of today so I won't. More particulars as this point from you would be appreciated.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Is my most recent post sufficient?

Do you have more questions?

I'm taking my daughter shopping. I'll respond afterwards if no one hammers me.
Special Ed
Special Ed
Townie
Special Ed
Townie
Townie

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:35 am

Post by Special Ed »

PS, sorry for the snarkiness. It's just a little frustrating when what I assume are obvious jokes are taken seriously. Instead of blaming others, I should blame myself for delivering the joke poorly.

My apology is sincere 8-)
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:36 am

Post by Zorblag »

Special Ed wrote:I agree that hero has made a good case for him being the Chosen, I think it will lose some validity after my lynch, however.
Unless you end up being the chosen why should that be the case?

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:40 am

Post by Zorblag »

As for whether the other post is sufficient, it's up to you. Again, if you're town and expecting to be lynched my hope is that you'll do what you can to pass any helpful thoughts on to the rest of the town before you get killed. I'm not going to stop you from providing whatever other information you think is worth sharing as it gives us more to work with down the road if you're a mislynch. Anything you don't say is useless to us by default.

Enjoy the shopping trip!

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
MiteyMouse
MiteyMouse
He's too nICe
MiteyMouse
He's too nICe
He's too nICe

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:45 am

Post by MiteyMouse »

Hi guys! Thanks for the Birthday wishes!

Ed...if it's any consolation, I'm laughing...and I love your snarkiness!

I'm going to try to get something good up tonight before I go out. If time doesn't permit than I probably won't be posting again until Sunday...I have a busy weekend!
The more I see, the less I know
The more I'd like to let it go.
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:46 am

Post by Zorblag »

Ah, yes, I did forget. Happy Birthday MiteyMouse!

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Special Ed
Special Ed
Townie
Special Ed
Townie
Townie

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:25 pm

Post by Special Ed »

Zorblag wrote:
Special Ed wrote:I agree that hero has made a good case for him being the Chosen, I think it will lose some validity after my lynch, however.
Unless you end up being the chosen why should that be the case?

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
because he bases part of it on me being Scum
Special Ed
Special Ed
Townie
Special Ed
Townie
Townie

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:27 pm

Post by Special Ed »

Zorblag wrote:As for whether the other post is sufficient, it's up to you. Again, if you're town and expecting to be lynched my hope is that you'll do what you can to pass any helpful thoughts on to the rest of the town before you get killed. I'm not going to stop you from providing whatever other information you think is worth sharing as it gives us more to work with down the road if you're a mislynch. Anything you don't say is useless to us by default.

Enjoy the shopping trip!

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Thanks, nothing like shopping for clothes with a 13 year old girl :roll:

I've provided what I'm thinking.

Any more would be pure conjecture. The only added benefit you'll have to my conjecture toMorrow is that you'll know it wasn't tainted by a Scummy heart. The rest of the Town has just as much information as I do and just as much brain power.
Herodotus
Herodotus
Black Ops
Herodotus
Black Ops
Black Ops

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:21 pm

Post by Herodotus »

I don't recall making such a case, although others have given reasons why they believe it.
Herodotus
Herodotus
Black Ops
Herodotus
Black Ops
Black Ops

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:26 pm

Post by Herodotus »

Happy birthday, MM.

And Hoopla, as always.
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2009 12:07 pm

Post by Zorblag »

The trouble with drinking and then playing mafia is that I end up being so much more tempted than normal to act impulsively. In any case, I'm not that drunk yet but

Mod: Any results from the afatchic prod?

He picked up and responded to the prod.

Special Ed wrote:Any more would be pure conjecture. The only added benefit you'll have to my conjecture toMorrow is that you'll know it wasn't tainted by a Scummy heart. The rest of the Town has just as much information as I do and just as much brain power.
It's not a matter of brain power. It's a matter of having and using eyes on the ground. I know that there are things that I notice in games that others don't. I know that there are things that I miss in games that others don't. If you don't think that there's anything noteworthy you haven't talked about that's fine but I don't advocate assuming others will come to the same conclusion you do just because it's the way things seem to you.

Also, I'm inclined to agree with Herodotus here. I don't think that he's been the one pushing himself as the chosen, just acknowledging that others have. So far as memory serves I'm the only player that's gone so far as to say that they're likely to be the chosen themself.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
MiteyMouse
MiteyMouse
He's too nICe
MiteyMouse
He's too nICe
He's too nICe

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:50 am

Post by MiteyMouse »

Ed...you called me Scum without a case to back it up...that is a smudge.
Special Ed wrote:
And, maybe I want you lynched because I think you're Scum?
You phrased it as a hypothetical but, the intend is still there.

The self hammer (mercy killing) that I'm thinking of is not either of those Ed...it was the mini on FB.

You have said that you acknowledged the case against me. Which one? The one for me beoing Scum or the distraction case that you brought up about me playing differently? You are being very vague and that is not like you.

Now, you are always getting so angry at me for not backing up cases and smudging...please, if you are Town, help us out here Ed! And if you are Town, I will make my appologies at the after party my friend.

I have more to say but, have to go and do some grocery shopping...I'll be back with more when I'm done that.
The more I see, the less I know
The more I'd like to let it go.
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:53 am

Post by Zorblag »

So MiteyMouse, if it turns out that Special Ed is town who would your top suspect be? What if it turned out that Special Ed was the chosen?

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Special Ed
Special Ed
Townie
Special Ed
Townie
Townie

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:00 am

Post by Special Ed »

MiteyMouse wrote:Ed...you called me Scum without a case to back it up...that is a smudge.
Special Ed wrote:
You phrased it as a hypothetical but, the intend is still there.

The self hammer (mercy killing) that I'm thinking of is not either of those Ed...it was the mini on FB.

You have said that you acknowledged the case against me. Which one? The one for me beoing Scum or the distraction case that you brought up about me playing differently? You are being very vague and that is not like you.

Now, you are always getting so angry at me for not backing up cases and smudging...please, if you are Town, help us out here Ed! And if you are Town, I will make my appologies at the after party my friend.
Let's go back over this interaction, especially since you're bringing up my wanting you lynched.
Special Ed wrote:I agree with the stance on Mitey, but I do not want to put us within reach of a hammer without having heard from everyone, and without giving Mitey a chance to rebut.
This came right after Zorblag and Papa stated their cases against Mitey.

As I've stated before, I was acknowledging the case against you, and I didn't really have anything further to add. Not even a vote, if you notice.
Mitey wrote:Special Ed...oh Ed...first off...*kick*..I feel better.
Ok...knowing Ed, I didn't think too much of him saying that he was Town, however, he really does say it a lot doesn't he? He also dropped the hammer on Raivann which is ok since he was a Scum but, it really cut down on our Day 1 talk time...by almost a full week. Now, Ed knows that talk time is good for Town. Why drop the hammer so soon Ed?
Day 2 is a bit funny for me...you have tried 2 different ways to go after me here Ed...that's after bring up my playstyle differences. You're grasping hard to get me killed...why is that?
Let me list your misconceptions. I won't call them smudges (unlike you have have identified points made by me as smudges when I didn't even make any points against you)

1. You point out that you don't think much of me saying I was Town...then you point out that I said it a lot. Without going back to see how many times I did say it. I think you may have been operating off of the case against me. I think I've pointed out how meaningless many of those times were.

2. You point out I dropped the hammer. OK, I did, that's not a smudge (but I thought I'd acknowledge your actual valid point.) Even though maybe for you a 3 week Day is short, for me, it's pretty long.

3. You say I'm 'grasping hard to get you killed.' You don't point out how. By pointing out that I've read the argument against you without arguing for or against it?

And my response:
Special Ed wrote: Yeah, I hate those Day 1's that are only two and a half weeks long. It really limits what we can say. Rolling Eyes

Mitey wrote:Ok Ed...fair enough, you think I'm Scum but, why? And you can roll your eyes at me all you want but, Days last longer here.

Which, I'll admit, I ignored. No one here seems to have much of a sense of humor. It's a more serious game here. I'm surprised that you didn't see the humor in my statement. Though, you should know me well enugh to know that I always make a case when I vote.

But now, you've come back and said I called you Scum. Even as you acknowledge that I stated it as a hypothetical. Even as you acknowledge that I've made no case against you, and even as you should acknowledge I've made no vote against you.
Mitey wrote:The self hammer (mercy killing) that I'm thinking of is not either of those Ed...it was the mini on FB.
Ah, Psychopath 3 you must mean by the mini game. Yeah, another game where I was an outed scum. Turned up by an investigator.

So, there are a few cases of me self-hammering when outed as a Scum, can you find any cases of me self-hammering or bussing a fellow Scum who wasn't outed?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”