Lamont_Cranston
Lamont_Cranston
Mafia Scum
Lamont_Cranston
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3176 (ISO) » Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:54 am

Post by Lamont_Cranston »

I'd like to see how "interpreting the rules too strenuously" fits in here...
[i]Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?[/i] [url=http://www.braingle.com/community/wiki.php?user=Lamont_Cranston&page=ms_wiki]Wiki[/url]
[url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11458]Chzo Mafia 1 Replace BLOOD&GORE[/url]
Pyromaniac
Pyromaniac
Goon
Pyromaniac
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3177 (ISO) » Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:59 am

Post by Pyromaniac »

Siro needs to be replaced, not lynched. I agree with zazie about the doll.
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3178 (ISO) » Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:07 pm

Post by Knight of Cydonia »

I have given Siro 3 days to post in this thread, or I will replace him. We have spoken about his inactivity via PM.
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3179 (ISO) » Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:14 pm

Post by Setael »

I guess it's possible we could use a match to burn the doll... We must have the matches at he end of the game in order to win, but that might not mean all of them... You only need one to torch a house, right? If we decide we want to try it, I'll ask the mod about it. We wouldn't want to risk it unless we could be sure it won't use them all up.

I still support a dramonic lynch.
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3180 (ISO) » Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:50 pm

Post by dramonic »

ZazieR wrote:
Stephoscope wrote:I still believe dramonic is our best lynch. I hate it when people post scumlists that conveniently clear themselves, and his proposition to use the matches on the doll is beyond fishy.
Good point about the matches. Dramonic, can you explain why you suggested it?
Of course. After reread, it was based on a misread of the following iso:
Pablo Molinero wrote: Just one and the matches appear to be decidedly useless so far. Yay.
I read it as just one of the matches. As such, I was sure we could use all matches separately, but if we can then I still think we should try it.
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
Light-kun
Light-kun
Goon
Light-kun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3181 (ISO) » Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:14 pm

Post by Light-kun »

Lamont_Cranston wrote:We're down to one kill, excellent.

We still have the dam doll to deal with.

Light-Kun do you have the doll?
No, I do not.
Lamont_Cranston wrote:Good point. I'm glad you looked it up. Xtoxm definitely wasn't the evil boy and the blade that killed Hohum was not specified.
Hm.. hacked to death...makes me think of a long broad knife...like a machete or an axe.

Okay, I read about 10 pages, and I still felt like I was in the RVS, so someone explain to me a summary of what major events happened and why the "confirmed" are confirmed. (I'll read those sections, but my read in the first 10 pages that some people felt town 'came useless due to who's died.
Lamont_Cranston wrote:The way I see it is there is one scum faction the same one that's been killing but we don't have the SK anymore because he's dead.
Missed Deadline? Or is the Body of John Defoe practically guaranteed to be SK?

Stephoscope wrote:Setael is a fine upstanding member of our community. There is absolutely no reason to lynch her or disbelieve what she's said about the matches.

Also,
9c82cb4916a46ab35a3f9fa5e17b0da0
random sequence means what?
ZazieR wrote:According to Amished, the possessed idol took control over the character who touched it. I think that this is going on.
I would have never thought of that. But can we read that much into flavor?
ZazieR wrote:I think that the doll is indeed the idol.
I agree with the above conclusion.
dramonic wrote:I propose we lynch either Sironigous or L-K (with more support on Siro, he's lurking hard). Neither of them have claimed not having the doll and they're both possible scum for me.

dramonic
I know I'm with the innocents/town/whatever you wanna call it

Stephoscope
Cleared by Naomi

Devestation
Cleared by Naomi

Amished
Cleared by Hohum/Elmo if I'm not mistaken

Setael
Cleared by Steph

Lamont_Cranston
gut feeling + giving the bullet to Nyx is town to me

zwetschenwasser
Not gonna take the risk, I naturally fail at getting reads on him -_-

ZazieR
Overzealous, but has been searching every little nook and cranny for slips.

Pyromaniac
populartajo
Sironigous
Light-kun

If we have 4 scum, which sounds like a plausible amount to me for a 19 player game, then in my mind we have good chance to hit scum if we lynch one of them + if we lynch Siro we get rid of a lurker and a non-doll claimed.

For now,
Vote: Sironigous
Your list is interesting because Pyromaniac and sironigous are actually two people I got slight scum vibes from during my D1 read. Still, I am holding my vote for a death summary, and maybe a little background on the events.
Lamont_Cranston wrote:Well I can agree with a Sironi lurker vote just on principle.

Vote Sironi

Also, I disagree with Zwet's opinion of Zazier's analysis. I think scum would disagree in the same way in fact...

@Zwet:
Can you explain more of what you meant by that statement?
Give your opinion on pyromaniac.
Stephoscope wrote:I still believe dramonic is our best lynch. I hate it when people post scumlists that conveniently clear themselves, and his proposition to use the matches on the doll is beyond fishy.
Hm... how would you suggest eliminating the doll?

FYI, I agree about saving the matches. From the flavor people have suggested, we can't use the matches in order to win, but as to the doll, how should it be destroyed.
Pyromaniac wrote:Siro needs to be replaced, not lynched. I agree with zazie about the doll.
Why?

@Dram's above:
Why can we not simply ask the Mod now? Have you? What did he say?
Show
Town: 2-3-0
Mafia: 1-0-0
Neu~: 0-0-0
-neu: 0-1-0
"To give a PM in an open game that isn't shown is bastard modding. [...] LK wouldn't do that." ~KMD4390
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3182 (ISO) » Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:07 pm

Post by Stephoscope »

Light-kun wrote:random sequence means what?
I'd give you a hard time, except that you were kind enough to replace in. That is Setael's exact role, in MD5 hash.
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3183 (ISO) » Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:28 pm

Post by dramonic »

I will try to answer your question ^_^
Light-kun wrote:
Lamont_Cranston wrote:We're down to one kill, excellent.

We still have the dam doll to deal with.

Light-Kun do you have the doll?
No, I do not.
Mkay. Just so you know, you have a pit to climb out of. Your predecessor was kinda scummy :)
Lamont_Cranston wrote:Good point. I'm glad you looked it up. Xtoxm definitely wasn't the evil boy and the blade that killed Hohum was not specified.
Hm.. hacked to death...makes me think of a long broad knife...like a machete or an axe.
According to flavour text, it's a machete wielded by the "parts" of John DeFoe, probably his spirit right now if we follow the doll thesis. The scum was probably blocked or hit a doc protected, which would explain only one kill yesterday.

Or the one scum sent to do the kill had the doll. That'd be an awesome coincidence :lol:
Okay, I read about 10 pages, and I still felt like I was in the RVS, so someone explain to me a summary of what major events happened and why the "confirmed" are confirmed. (I'll read those sections, but my read in the first 10 pages that some people felt town 'came useless due to who's died.
-Day 1: Bullet and Blood appeared, Hohum drank the blood and Lamont took the bullet. By drinking the blood, Hohum made himself to die at the end of Day 3
-Day 2: Shotgun appeared, taken by Nyx (town). Lamont gave him the bullet, which partially confirms him. Shotgun backfired and killed Nyx.
-Day 3: Matches and Doll appeared. Doll is probably the wooden idol from the Chzo flavour (meaning possess the user to kill someone at night, how this is controlled is unknown). Matches are, according to Setael, necessary for the town to win, as it has to burn down the house. Somehow, Setael mustn't die, which seems illogical, but she's been investigated so meh.

-Stephoscope is confirmed because he claimed cop and provided 2 perfectly accurate investigations.
-Setael is confirmed because Steph said she's town
-Amished is confirmed because he claimed doc and extended Elmo/Hohum's life as proof, if I'm not mistaken
-Devastation is confirmed because Naomi who had 1-shot investigate used it on Dev and he showed up town.

-Lamont is partially confirmed due to giving the bullet to a town. As scum, that would have been a bad maneuver (even though not giving it would have been scummy, wifom wifom)
-ZazieR is partially confirmed for the sheer amount of summarizing and scumhunting (and rolefishing...) she's bringing to the town

Lamont_Cranston wrote:The way I see it is there is one scum faction the same one that's been killing but we don't have the SK anymore because he's dead.
Missed Deadline? Or is the Body of John Defoe practically guaranteed to be SK?
It seems Lamont believes tonight's kill was scum. Personally I think the flavour clearly states otherwise.

Stephoscope wrote:Setael is a fine upstanding member of our community. There is absolutely no reason to lynch her or disbelieve what she's said about the matches.

Also,
9c82cb4916a46ab35a3f9fa5e17b0da0
random sequence means what?
It is a paraphrase of Stepho's investigation on Setael, coded to avoid revealing too much stuff to scum (for example, if she's a power-role we don't know, all we've been told is that she is town-aligned)
ZazieR wrote:According to Amished, the possessed idol took control over the character who touched it. I think that this is going on.
ZazieR wrote:I think that the doll is indeed the idol.
I agree with the above conclusion.
The flavour only states that someone was possessed. However, it can be a natural conclusion to suppose it's the doll, as the doll in the game contains the spirit of John DeFoe, which in this game would probably translate to another SK, and the possessed person used the weapon of the previous SK.
dramonic wrote:I propose we lynch either Sironigous or L-K (with more support on Siro, he's lurking hard). Neither of them have claimed not having the doll and they're both possible scum for me.

dramonic
I know I'm with the innocents/town/whatever you wanna call it

Stephoscope
Cleared by Naomi

Devestation
Cleared by Naomi

Amished
Cleared by Hohum/Elmo if I'm not mistaken

Setael
Cleared by Steph

Lamont_Cranston
gut feeling + giving the bullet to Nyx is town to me

zwetschenwasser
Not gonna take the risk, I naturally fail at getting reads on him -_-

ZazieR
Overzealous, but has been searching every little nook and cranny for slips.

Pyromaniac
populartajo
Sironigous
Light-kun

If we have 4 scum, which sounds like a plausible amount to me for a 19 player game, then in my mind we have good chance to hit scum if we lynch one of them + if we lynch Siro we get rid of a lurker and a non-doll claimed.

For now,
Vote: Sironigous
Your list is interesting because Pyromaniac and sironigous are actually two people I got slight scum vibes from during my D1 read. Still, I am holding my vote for a death summary, and maybe a little background on the events.
For more extensive information on my list (yes, part of this appears earlier in this post)

-Stephoscope is confirmed because he claimed cop and provided 2 perfectly accurate investigations.
-Setael is confirmed because Steph said she's town
-Amished is confirmed because he claimed doc and extended Elmo/Hohum's life as proof, if I'm not mistaken
-Devastation is confirmed because Naomi who had 1-shot investigate used it on Dev and he showed up town.

-Lamont is partially confirmed due to giving the bullet to a town. As scum, that would have been a bad maneuver (even though not giving it would have been scummy, wifom wifom)
-ZazieR is partially confirmed for the sheer amount of summarizing and scumhunting (and rolefishing...) she's bringing to the town

-Zwet I don't know about the others, but I can never get reads on him, so don't ask me XD
-There is currently nothing from what I know that proves my innocence, but nothing that proves my guilt either.

-Siroginous has been lurking HARD and has claimed townie, which in itself is not a good thing to do
-Your predecessor was also a lurker (obviously) and a scummy one at that. I'm giving you benifit of the doubt for now until you're up to date with the game.

The other two you'll have to analyse by yourself, as nothing of theirs have appeared particularly scummy or town in my eyes.

Following my theory we'd have four scum, my current suspicions are somewhere in Zwet, Pyro, Tajo, Siro and you. As you've just replaced, I'll give you some time to get up to date and the second scummiest is Siro, therefore my vote.

(insert questions for other players here...)
@Dram's above:
Why can we not simply ask the Mod now? Have you? What did he say?
I haven't asked the mod and arguably I doubt very much he would answer me as I have neither the matches or the doll. Set would have a better chance at getting an answer and even then, I doubt the mod will tell us.

@Set: Do you have a set amount of matches? If not, would you be willing to use one to try destroying the doll if it's ever outed?

Did I miss anything, fellas?
I'm a hoot
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3184 (ISO) » Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:36 pm

Post by dramonic »

Oh, and deaths in order for convenience

Day 1 ended in no-lynch
The Replacement - Innocent killed N1. (killed by scum)
Sajin - Innocent killed N1 (killed by SK)

Nyx - Innocent Killed by a back-firing shotgun Day 2 (In an attempt to use incompatible arms and vig Dev)
Day 2 ended in no-lynch
Xtoxm - The Body of John DeFoe, Killed N2 (SK killed by scum)

Pablo Molinero - Innocent Mod-killed for breaking Rule 10, Day 3
Naomi_Saotome - Pro-Innocent Anti-Spirit BP/1 Shot Cop, lynched Day 3 (to prove Steph's innocence)
Elmo - Sick Innocent, hacked to death Night 3 (By our new SK, supposedly)
I'm a hoot
Devestation
Devestation
Goon
Devestation
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3185 (ISO) » Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:32 pm

Post by Devestation »

Can someone who is able to investigate please consider clearing up the middle people?
I wrttoe htis sginautre wiht my elbwo.
Pyromaniac
Pyromaniac
Goon
Pyromaniac
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3186 (ISO) » Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:41 am

Post by Pyromaniac »

Because inactives are replaced. And iirc Siro got I don't deserve to be here thing.
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3187 (ISO) » Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:20 am

Post by ZazieR »

Pyromaniac wrote:Siro needs to be replaced, not lynched.
He''s back from V/LA though. So I wonder why he hasn''t posted here yet.
Ignore the ''R''
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3188 (ISO) » Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:28 am

Post by ZazieR »

Setael wrote:I guess it's possible we could use a match to burn the doll... We must have the matches at he end of the game in order to win, but that might not mean all of them... You only need one to torch a house, right? If we decide we want to try it, I'll ask the mod about it. We wouldn't want to risk it unless we could be sure it won't use them all up.
I''m not sure about it.
It contains the spirit if the speculation is correct. One of the three ''items'' needed to open the bridge. But according to the rules, the bridge doesn''t need to be opened for the scum to win. Though after yesterday, I have less faith in them.
Which is why I want to hear from Amished.
Ignore the ''R''
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3189 (ISO) » Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:35 am

Post by ZazieR »

L-K wrote:
Zaz wrote:According to Amished, the possessed idol took control over the character who touched it. I think that this is going on.
Check the flavour I posted of wikipedia and the one given in last night''s kill.
The killer lost his mind for this night and he took the same items as the killer took in the game when posessed (with the possible exception of the machete)
Ignore the ''R''
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3190 (ISO) » Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:36 am

Post by ZazieR »

And there''s probably a way to destroy the doll without using the matches. Which will be discussed if the player with the doll claims.
Ignore the ''R''
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #3191 (ISO) » Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:47 am

Post by populartajo »

Too much flavor I dont recognize.

Zazie, can you summarize everything youve said about the flavor?
Call me Tajo.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12894
Coming summer 2010: Tajo's Starcraft Mafia.
Tajo's MagictheGathering Mafia
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3192 (ISO) » Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:54 am

Post by ZazieR »

Flavour of N3 shows that we have a new SK.
Based upon the games, it''s very likely the player who posesses the idol with the soul, which is very likely the doll that dropped D3.

During N2, Xtoxm died, who was the body of John DeFoe. Due to this, the bridge went open for 1/3. The other two are the spirit (contained in the idol) and the mind (contained in the manor) of John DeFoe.
When all three are destroyed, the bridge fully opens and some God can enter this world then (if I remember it correctly)

I think that I have covered everything in this summary.
Ignore the ''R''
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #3193 (ISO) » Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:00 am

Post by populartajo »

Kay, that means that we have a sk that was town before?

Opening the bridge is a good idea?

I have a plan about the doll but I need everyone to claim if they have or dont have the doll.

Lammont, how is that doll claiming thin going?
Call me Tajo.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12894
Coming summer 2010: Tajo's Starcraft Mafia.
Tajo's MagictheGathering Mafia
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3194 (ISO) » Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:02 am

Post by ZazieR »

Well, it''s likely that we have a SK that used to have a different allignment than 3rd party.
Opening the bridge doesn''t seem to be a good idea as the bad guys in the game wanted that (the Orde of Something)
I think that everybody claimed if they have or don''t have the doll. I need to check.
Ignore the ''R''
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3195 (ISO) » Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:05 am

Post by ZazieR »

No, Sironigous hasn''t claimed yet.
Naomi didn''t as well, but she has been lynched so it can''t have been her.
And L-K (Rock) claimed today.

Nobody has claimed to have the doll. So it''s either Sir or somebody is lying.
Ignore the ''R''
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3196 (ISO) » Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:33 am

Post by dramonic »

Also, I know we've covered this before, but I've been rethinking about it lately...

Since the matches were a dropped item and their bearer mustn't die, isn't it BEYONG bastardly that the scum or SK could have just picked them up before town and we have a draw/lose just like that?

Isn't it a bit extreme?
I'm a hoot
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #3197 (ISO) » Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:35 am

Post by zwetschenwasser »

ZazieR wrote:Flavour of N3 shows that we have a new SK.
Based upon the games, it''s very likely the player who posesses the idol with the soul, which is very likely the doll that dropped D3.

During N2, Xtoxm died, who was the body of John DeFoe. Due to this, the bridge went open for 1/3. The other two are the spirit (contained in the idol) and the mind (contained in the manor) of John DeFoe.
When all three are destroyed, the bridge fully opens and some God can enter this world then (if I remember it correctly)

Don't we want the god to come here so he can take the evil people back into his dimension and torture them for eternity?
UW Huskies Class of 2014!
Spontaneous Bastard Mafia II is accepting replacements.
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3198 (ISO) » Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:45 am

Post by ZazieR »

dramonic wrote:Also, I know we've covered this before, but I've been rethinking about it lately...

Since the matches were a dropped item and their bearer mustn't die, isn't it BEYONG bastardly that the scum or SK could have just picked them up before town and we have a draw/lose just like that?

Isn't it a bit extreme?
Which is why I was thinking that the scum need it as well. As the manor contains the mind. But I''m waiting for Amished to respond to those questions about it.
As for the SK, he''d lose if he dies.
Ignore the ''R''
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3199 (ISO) » Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:46 am

Post by ZazieR »

zwetschenwasser wrote:
ZazieR wrote:Flavour of N3 shows that we have a new SK.

Don't we want the god to come here so he can take the evil people back into his dimension and torture them for eternity?
If the scum are the Order, they want the God to come.
It''s an EVIL God.
Ignore the ''R''

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”