orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:35 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

Really sorry. For some reason, I haven't even been checking the site anymore, and I don't know why I continue to do this (the past few days).

But considering Drench is having troubles finding two replacements, I will stick with the game, and actually try to be a participant.
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:41 pm

Post by ZazieR »

/in before Mastin''s explanation :D
Ignore the ''R''
Mastin
Mastin
She/Her
Unabridged
Mastin
She/Her
Unabridged
Unabridged
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:41 pm

Post by Mastin »

http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 03#1785803

My bad. Don't worry. Not going to sleep 'til I get caught up in ALL of my games. I've had a very nasty wakeup call.

My last post was here,

Making this the first thing I have to respond to.
I'm back! Well, kind-of.
No Access on Weekends
. :/
Advid reader/contributor to MD, as I'm far better in theory than I am in reality. :P

True to my word, I'm retiring. Totally not me. :P
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:32 pm

Post by ZazieR »

Noramp wrote:Following along throughout the Day, Flava just seemed to me to be the scummiest and that was simply my way of compiling my case. I know it seems like I wasn't doing anything before my case on Flava but that's just because I'm not very vocal on my cases. I like to feel around and observe before I come out and proclaim anything. I'm starting to realize that some people don't like that tho:/

I still haven't gotten a reason why 238 was so terrible. I felt it was a fairly solid day 1 lead.
@Zazie if you don't like my case on Flava but you still feel he is scum, is it based solely on gut? so nothing can be truly proven?
If you had to lynch someone right now, who would it be?
The thing is, you now say that Flava has been the most scummiest to you throughout the day. Before, it was Hero. In other words, you asked a question of which you knew it wouldn''t be possible to do (Lynching Wolves over scum) to ''start'' discussion, while there was discussion on the top 2 of scummiest players to you. I''m not liking this one bit.

Anyway, I disagree with your case. Reasons to follow soon. And it''s indeed based upon gut. So no, it can''t be proven. However, I''ve stated why he activates my gut. I''m pretty certain that my gut is correct.
Well, I''m voting you. So my choice for the lynch is you.
Ignore the ''R''
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:45 pm

Post by ZazieR »

Crazy wrote:Also, MSG being replaced at least shows he wasn't actively lurking on purpose. That makes him slightly more likely to be town.
Normally, yes. However, Molest replaced later that day in my game. And though I''m happy he did, I do question his motives of leaving this game due to it.
Ignore the ''R''
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:46 pm

Post by ZazieR »

Noramp

Please respond to Post 272 when you read this game.

And
Crazy

Please respond to Post 273.
Ignore the ''R''
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:55 pm

Post by ZazieR »

OP wrote:Really sorry. For some reason, I haven't even been checking the site anymore, and I don't know why I continue to do this (the past few days).

But considering Drench is having troubles finding two replacements, I will stick with the game, and actually try to be a participant.
Uhm, yes you have been checking the site.
You posted one post each day. So ''anymore'' is a big overreaction.
Ignore the ''R''
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:09 pm

Post by ZazieR »

Noramp wrote:Flava you seem to have focused primarily on Falko this whole game on what seems to me to be a really bad case based solely on WIFOM [1]. You claim to have also made a case against hero that was born through what appeared to be you trying to get on Mastin's good side [2]. Mainly appear to be simply answering questions something you accused me of doing which you classified as just simply trying to appear active [3]. You give opinions but they all seem forced because you appear to be trying to stay in good favor with the rest of town [4].

In the end it seems your whole game has been an attempt to stay under the radar and stay on people's good sides as to not look into the fact that you are doing little to really get your case across or going back on earlier statements [5].
[1] = I believe it''s a good case. Add that it''s the only thing Falko has mentioned so far, and it gets even worse.
[2] = Partially agreed. It''s scummy that he didn''t comment on anything Hero said as he did so to you and to Falko. But he did mention that Hero was scummy to him.
[3] = Normally scummy. Especially with the hypocrecy. However, his two main suspects are absent, so I can see why he was answering questions for a while.
[4] = This seems to be a gut feeling from you.
[5] = Agreed for reasons already stated: I haven''t seen him play like this in Poof! and our other ongoing game in which he flipped town.
Ignore the ''R''
Noramp
Noramp
Mafia Scum
Noramp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:25 am

Post by Noramp »

in my head it meant Zazie was neutral-town read and Crazy was neutral-scummy.
Yarr Owlbear!
Noramp
Noramp
Mafia Scum
Noramp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:34 am

Post by Noramp »

that was my first game Crazy and I was horribly wrong about Keyblade so to say I've altered my playstyle is an understatement.

Wait Zazie outside of the Falko part of my argument you agreed with me to an extent? yet you didnt like it?

I didn't have a very good read on Hero or Flava by that point because Mastin's posts give me headaches. I formed an opinion of both throughout the day. Flava's mainly scummy to me by comparing what he had to say early in the game to what he said later in the game.

Again maybe I didnt understand your points but it seemed outside of the first point you agreed at least partially to what I had to say.
Yarr Owlbear!
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:38 am

Post by Crazy »

Noramp wrote:Crazy, I don't know what to think of him right now. He just sort of pops in once and awhile defends himself and then runs away. That seems sort of scummy and it certainly wasn't what I remember him doing in the newbie game I played with him when he was a doctor. Those seem like all the people who are at least trying to contribute.
My meta pretty much matches my meta in Newbie 787. My posts might be a larger percentage of defense here merely because I've been suspected more in this game than in that one, but as for making cases, scum-hunting, etc., I've probably done more of that here than there.

The part that doesn't fit is
your
meta. You came out strong with your case on Keyblade in Newbie 787, but in Post #270 here you said you're not very vocal with your cases. Was that game an anomaly from your meta?
Chaos wrote:And then with Crazy, "I don't know what to think of him" and "seems sort of scummy" really serve no purpose to say.
I realize that but I wanted to be complete, so not mentioning them because I have a null-read seems weird.
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:39 am

Post by Crazy »

(Oops, simul-post.)
ChaosOmega
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:08 am

Post by ChaosOmega »

Crazy wrote:I realize that but I wanted to be complete, so not mentioning them because I have a null-read seems weird.
That was directed at Noramp. I don't have a problem with what you said because you said things like "weak scum read." That's taking a stand on your opinion of somebody. I was more concerned about things like "yeah, they look town, they've been asking good questions, but she could do that as scum, too."
Noramp wrote:in my head it meant Zazie was neutral-town read and Crazy was neutral-scummy.
Right. But the way you originally posted it sucked. You said ZazieR could post the way she is regardless of alignment, yet earlier praised her questioning. Do you see her invasive questions as a town-tell, scum-tell, or null-tell? If you see them as a town-tell, what do you see in them in particular that differentiates from what you might see if she was scum posting in the same way? If you see them as a scum-tell, post pictures of kittens to alleviate my rage. If you see them as a null-tell, what else are you seeing from ZazieR to make you lean town on her?
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:33 am

Post by ZazieR »

Noramp wrote:Wait Zazie outside of the Falko part of my argument you agreed with me to an extent? yet you didnt like it?
I agree partially with point 2 and I agree with point 5. However, point 5 is based upon my town meta of him, which consists out of two games. One of them is ongoing. So until that one is finished, I may not discuss it, which is why I can''t prove that his defence against my meta attack is invalid.
Also, I didn''t say I don''t like it. I disagree with it.
Ignore the ''R''
Drench
Drench
he/him
crucial waukesha voter
Drench
he/him
crucial waukesha voter
crucial waukesha voter
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:54 am

Post by Drench »

The Tenth Vote Count: "Jungle Monotony"
Noramp
- 4 - Crazy, ChaosOmega, orangepenguin, ZazieR
Snake
Flava Flave
- 2 - Snake, Noramp
Mastin
- 1 - Hero764
ZazieR
orangepenguin

Crazy
falkomagno

molestargazer
ChaosOmega
Cephrir

Hero764
- 5 - falkomagno, molestargazer, Mastin, Cephrir, Flava Flave

Not Voting:

If you see any discrepancies, please let me know.
join your union
Drench
Drench
he/him
crucial waukesha voter
Drench
he/him
crucial waukesha voter
crucial waukesha voter

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:03 am

Post by Drench »

Yabbaguy replaces Snake. Thanks yabbaguy!
join your union
yabbaguy
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
(O)ptimized

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:11 am

Post by yabbaguy »

Unvote

I'm ready to speedread!
yabbaguy ~ Winning without actually winning.

Town: 10-21 | Mafia: 3-4 | Other: 0-1
yGDB
(meta + commentary)

- On reruns at Sens-O-Tape!
yabbaguy
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
(O)ptimized

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:03 pm

Post by yabbaguy »

Player By Player Analysis

Opening Remarks
: Well, I have to say, this is easily one of the biggest challenges I'm going to face here. I'm upset Snake didn't help me out much here by flaking without leaving much for me to go off of, but I think I have a general good idea where I'm going with this.

I have decided to go with a player-by-player analysis in the hopes that analyzing overall behaviors will lead me to the antagonist factions.

Let us begin. I list all players in order of their mention in the primary post and all votecounts.

(For simplicity's sake, I listed "scum" out of laziness. This word could mean mafia or werewolf)

Noramp
is speculative. He seems like he could very well be learning town, but he also seems like he's just parroting statements made earlier. Take Hero's case at post 179, he pretty much just took all the quotes and analysis that everyone else had done and parroted it. He's also been asking some very bizarre questions, like "Would you lynch the scum" when this bizarrity could easily be werewolf behavior.

FlavaFlave
is tilting scummy.
Why will I hate your play [Mastin]? You look very closely at the game. You give a lot to work with. If you are scum, you'll be easy to catch. If you are town, you'll be very helpful in catching scum.
This statement strikes me as very, very strange. I don't understand what's to hate about this statement unless you're scum who's scared that Mastin's going to drive a stake through your arguments and reduce them (and you) to a pulp.

259 is a sign of an emotionally compromised player. That being one who uses
excessive bolding
and
emphasis
and the occasional swear so that you can get a FUCKING OBVIOUS point drilled in your brains.

(Point taken?)
[PS: I hate "retarded" for an insult.]

This seems like frustrated scum, and while not to Flav, I think someone mentioned frustration in reference to someone else.

Mastin
is the only player here I recognize.

So far, he's come out swinging with names which I think partially turn out correct. I think he's wrong in saying that it deems them a scumtrio, as while this is nothing beyond Image, I don't see why they'd all vote for the same person either, if I'm understanding the point correctly.

So far, the only scummy things he's done are the quirks he's had with him forever. And ever. I see him as town.

ZazieR
is by far the most pro-town player. Here's where a tell of Mastin's is applicable, she posts a hell of a lot, always has questions to ask of everyone, and is showing a very concerted effort to scumhunt. Very, very pro-town.

orangepenguin
's alignment is also speculative, but due to his low activity, which as far as I can see is legitimate (albeit anti-town, STOP IT!). I really have not much else to add on him.

Crazy
is a scum-tilter, but not strongly. I think he's guilty of Information AND Direction Instead of Analysis. The direction part comes from him suggesting to other players "You should have done this", "There's nothing wrong with this", but at the outset not really posting many suspicions of his own or taking sides. Peer mediation is not really that helpful.

falkomango
, first off, immediate scum points for failing to deliver a post five days, 21 hours later than you said you would. Secondly, ALL of your posts have been blunt one-liners which only answer one thing, and this is extremely scummy because you're showing outright detachment from the game far from whatever V/LA you're claiming. If you're not playing the same game as the rest of us, I think it deserves mention.

molestargazer
is pro-town as far as I can see. Speaks the truth, nothing outright scummy.

ChaosOmega
, is a town-tilter, but is very low-activity I noticed. Also, I notice how he always happens to quote two-three things at a time. This is somewhat bizarre behavior considering the sporadic nature of his posts, but the points made are good. Still, 228 is outright defense of Hero when I've seen evidence beyond Mastin's speculation that would deem him scummy. It's basically a post saying "Why are you all targetting him?" when I think there's been a good deal of postings about why he's been scummy.

Cephrir
is very loose in demeanor and joked around A LOT with the random, or more appropriate, JOKE vote stage, but the strange emotional frustration with Mastin is a bizarre reaction. I'd say tilting town though.

And finally,
Hero764
. First off, a lot of your statements really are not beneficial. Like said, "what will you do when I'm town", and a lot of the bizarre questions I'm annoyed at Noramp for. Often, a lot of questions are lazy ("Why?" or "Elaborate please?"), others just don't accomplish anything, and this is something I see consistently in scum, asking questions that seem to be scumhunting, but really are not. No thanks to the fact that you've done nothing the past few days (that could be RL, I'd be interested to hear if that's the case), and most importantly the emotional frustration.

I'm sure you've heard the case against you on Post 70 a lot of times, but really, emotion and general irrelevant statements can be a scumtell, as they don't really benefit the town, but it's just kind of caving in to a sense, as if defeated by the statements.

In Conclusion
: First off, that took forever. Now let's see where we're at it in general:

ZazieR >>> town
Mastin >>> town
molestargazer >>> town
ChaosOmega >>> tilting town
Cephrir >>> tilting town
orangepenguin >>> speculative
Crazy >>> tilting scummy
Noramp >>> tilting scummy
Flava Flave >>> tilting scummy
falkomagno >>> scummier
Hero764 >>> scummiest

I've been experimenting with a system where instead of FOSs, I change these statuses

Like so:

Change
: playername >>> very scummy

or whatever.

Right now, I think Hero has laid his hand down as the scummiest of the bunch, but I'd much rather have a response from him before we even think about a lynch, so I will
Confirm Unvote
here, but with intent of putting it back.

Thus ends my statement.

---

I would like to invite any questions you may have at this time. Looking forward to an interesting match.

yGDB
(meta + commentary)

yabbaguy
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
(O)ptimized

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:20 pm

Post by yabbaguy »

Who's opened their prod, Drench?

yGDB
(meta + commentary)

Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:39 pm

Post by Crazy »

Just noticed this...
Zazie wrote:Uhm, yes you have been checking the site.
You posted one post each day. So ''anymore'' is a big overreaction.
Each day?

I looked at all of OP's posts on site. He posted in this thread July 21st.

He posts on this site (not this game) on July 23rd, July 25th, July 26th, and July 28th.

That's not to say he isn't lurking, but how is that "each day?"
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:11 pm

Post by ZazieR »

Ok, you are right. He didn''t post last saturday. Sorry for missing that day.
But that''s the only day absent from the whole front page of his post history.
Ignore the ''R''
Drench
Drench
he/him
crucial waukesha voter
Drench
he/him
crucial waukesha voter
crucial waukesha voter

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:46 pm

Post by Drench »

yabbaguy wrote:
Who's opened their prod, Drench?
Everyone has picked up their prod.

Speaking of prods, a big thank you to Netlava, who is replacing molestargazer. Thanks Netlava!
join your union
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:17 am

Post by ZazieR »

So Falko picked up his prod? Yet, no post.
Interesting.
Ignore the ''R''
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:18 am

Post by ZazieR »

And welcome to the replacements :)
Ignore the ''R''
Noramp
Noramp
Mafia Scum
Noramp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:10 am

Post by Noramp »

Yabbaguy I read your case on everyone and I was curious about your Hero one, you say that he is the scummiest and I think quite a few people would agree with you but is it only because of his emotional outbursts and unproductive behavior? Perhaps I'm used to newb games when things like this have to be taken with a grain of salt.

You have Falko second on your list but not for the same reasons as Zazie or Flava have stated. Is your case based around the fact that he isn't providing anything useful? Did the whole answering Flava's question saga strike you as strange?

@Zazie How do you feel about Yabba's cases? Do you disagree with any of them?
Yarr Owlbear!

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”