Newbie 818 (Game Over)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
sraymonds
sraymonds
Townie
sraymonds
Townie
Townie

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:07 am

Post by sraymonds »

It's me nervously overcompensating because I feel like I'm playing the game wrong.

As such, I'm going to leave my vote and then just sit and observe how everything goes.
Deep Blue
Deep Blue
Townie
Deep Blue
Townie
Townie

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:42 am

Post by Deep Blue »

Unvote
because sraymonds removed his vote.
[url=http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=4]I urge you to read this.[/url]
Pablo Molinero
Pablo Molinero
Goon
Pablo Molinero
Goon
Goon

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:34 am

Post by Pablo Molinero »

sraymonds wrote:It's me nervously overcompensating because I feel like I'm playing the game wrong.

As such, I'm going to leave my vote and then just sit and observe how everything goes.
This is the first thing you've said that I don't like actually. Why are you nervous. Have you played mafia before and gotten nailed on Day 1?

To All: What is your experience with mafia? Have you played much real life/on other sites? Personally, I'm a vet of both, but much prefer this to real life, just because my 'tells' in real life are painfully obvious.
SAMMICHES SAMMICHES SAMMICHES
sraymonds
sraymonds
Townie
sraymonds
Townie
Townie

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:30 am

Post by sraymonds »

Pablo Molinero wrote:This is the first thing you've said that I don't like actually. Why are you nervous. Have you played mafia before and gotten nailed on Day 1?
I've never played before.
Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:41 am

Post by Pomegranate »

Pablo Molinero wrote:To All: What is your experience with mafia? Have you played much real life/on other sites? Personally, I'm a vet of both, but much prefer this to real life, just because my 'tells' in real life are painfully obvious.
I've played a lot in real life. But about a month ago my sister Plum (that's her name on the site) was going to be away for a month or two and asked me if I would join the site and replace in for her in one of her games. I agreed because I had been planning to join the site anyway, and because she had told me a lot about online mafia since she joined the site. Right now I'm still in the game I replaced into for her (it's not a newbie game) as well as in this game.
Katy
Katy
Goon
Katy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:59 am

Post by Katy »

Well, basically that's what I was waiting for, was for sraymond to say something to the effect of what he said. The reason why I waited is because I don't like to let people get off without answering, because I'm making guesses or assumptions that benefit them.

Some people don't like to flat out lie, even in the context of the game, and when scum will avoid answering and let other people make the arguments for them. I prefer not to let that happen.

As for my experience, I've never played in a real life mafia, but I've played a lot in forum games. My first forum mafia was in Sept. of 2007 and I've pretty much been involved in games non-stop since then. I'm new to this site though, so playing some newbie games first, since it's different from what I'm used to.
I'll never get used to anything. Anybody that does, they might as well be dead.

My Games
Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:10 am

Post by Pomegranate »

sraymonds wrote:It's me nervously overcompensating because I feel like I'm playing the game wrong.

Don't worry about playing the game wrong, just think to make sure you're not doing anything stupid.

You can't just sit and observe. Often that is refered to as lurking. Mafia games don't go well when some people don't participate enough. What you have to do is scumhunt, basically analyzing everyone's behavior and posts. At this point there isn't that much to analyze, but that's why most games start in RVS.

I don't know if that's such a good explanation, but I tried. Everyone should feel free to add to it.
hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:16 am

Post by hohum »

Official Vote Count:

adamrights(2): Kichirou, Pablo Molinero
Exalt(1): Kitoari
sraymonds(1): Exalt
Jackinthebox777(1): adamrights
Pomegranet(1): sraymonds

Pomegranet, katy, Deep Blue
Last edited by hohum on Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:33 am

Post by hohum »

Jackinthebox777 replaces Kichirou, who has not posted in ~72 hours or picked up their prod.
Jackinthebox777
Jackinthebox777
Townie
Jackinthebox777
Townie
Townie

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:47 am

Post by Jackinthebox777 »

/confirm. I'll post again in the next two hours with my thoughts so far. Oh, and to answer Pablo's question i have played before on another site, but never here.
[url]http://www.kongregate.com/?referrer=jackdillon[/url]
Jackinthebox777
Jackinthebox777
Townie
Jackinthebox777
Townie
Townie

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:27 am

unvote
Jackinthebox777
Jackinthebox777
Townie
Jackinthebox777
Townie
Townie

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:27 am

unvote
Jackinthebox777
Jackinthebox777
Townie
Jackinthebox777
Townie
Townie

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:19 am

Day 1
Exalt: Random Vote Pablo
Kitoari: RV Exalt
Pomengranete: RV Deep Blue
Adamrights: RV Kitoari
Syramonds: RV? Exalt. Second early vote on Exalt. Possibly an attempt to start a bandwagen, but not likely
Kichirou(Me): RV Adamrights
Adamrights: Unvote, OMGUS Vote Kichirou(Me)
Deep Blue: RV: Sraymonds
\EndPage1

Pablo: RV Deep Blue, Second on Deep Blue. This is less suspicious then Syramonds vote because its later in the game.
Exalt: OMGUS vote Sraymonds, Two vote on Sraymonds now.
Sraymonds: Unvote, Vote Deep Blue. Puts Deep Blue at L-2 during the R/V stage. Slight FOS for this.
Exalt: Wonders why sraymonds did this.
Deep Blue: Unvote, Vote Sraymonds
Sraymonds: Defence: Essentially Wonders how he could have avoided putting someone at L-2. Not a very good defence. He should have apoligized, unvoted, and claimed newbiness IMO
Exalt: Explains why putting someone at L-2 in a 9 player setup is bad.
Deep Blue: Worries about speed lynch, requests that people remove votes from him.
Sraymonds: First to unvote. I find this suspicious, because his entire post was: "unvote". No apology. Again, since this was his mistake, he should have apoligized, and claimed newbie ignorance.
Syramonds: The very next post he Random Votes Pomegranate. I find Syramonds very scummy at this point.
Adamrights: Warns Sraymonds that he shouldn't really R/V now. Says he is tempted to vote him, but dousn't. Pontential Bussing.
Pomengranate: Unvote.
Katy: Analizes Sraymonds. "This is either scum, trying to go wild, on the first day so everyone discounts them, or a new player who's just figuring out the game and his playstyle/opinion. I dissagree, but I still think that Katy is townie from this post.
Pablo: Unvote. Thinks that there is nothing scummy with what Sraymonds did. RV Adamrights. I do not like this post because I think the random voting stage should be over.
Sraymonds: 'I'm going to leave my vote where it is and then just sit and observe how everything goes. He essentially says he's going to lurk. Confirm Scummyness: Sraymonds.
Deep Blue: Unvote
Pablo: Doesn't like what sraymonds just said.
Jackinthebox777:Unvote

Allright I thinks thats everything. Note that these notes were made for my benifit, and if anything is unclear then to just ask.

Current Scummy List(Players acting Scummy)
Sraymonds
Current Townie List(Players acting Pro-Town
Katy
Exalt

Semi Scummy
Adamrights
Pablo Molinero

Unconfirmed:
Everyone else.

Oh, and
Vote: Sraymonds
Deep Blue
Deep Blue
Townie
Deep Blue
Townie
Townie

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:38 am

Post by Deep Blue »

Hey Jack, I have a small question. Could you clarify why you think that Adamrights is bussing Sraymonds?

And to answer Pablo, this is my second ever game.
[url=http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=4]I urge you to read this.[/url]
Jackinthebox777
Jackinthebox777
Townie
Jackinthebox777
Townie
Townie

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:55 am

it was post 45, although looking back, i think that i misinterpreted what he said
Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:09 pm

Post by Pomegranate »

I have a strong urge to vote sraymonds, but that would put him at L-2. So I won't. But I will
FoS: sraymonds

Oh, and could everyone make an effort to spell my name right? Or you could call me either Pom or Pome if that's easier for you to spell.
Jackinthebox777
Jackinthebox777
Townie
Jackinthebox777
Townie
Townie

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:19 pm

Sorry about the spelling, I didn't even realize I was doing that.
Also, why are you reluctant to put him at L-2?
[url]http://www.kongregate.com/?referrer=jackdillon[/url]
Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2009 1:04 pm

Post by Pomegranate »

Jackinthebox777 wrote:Sorry about the spelling, I didn't even realize I was doing that.
Also, why are you reluctant to put him at L-2?
I'm really tired, I'll answer tomorrow.
Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:54 am

Post by Pomegranate »

Jackinthebox: I'm a bit reluctant to put sraymonds at L-2 considering that he fell under suspicion for doing the same thing. Also, while I am suspicious of him, this is his first game ever, and it could have been a mistake on his part.

I will see how sraymonds acts from here on, and if I find myself in the appropriate situation, I will vote him.
adamrights
adamrights
Goon
adamrights
Goon
Goon

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:31 am

Post by adamrights »

adamrights wrote:
sraymonds wrote:Oh and

Vote Pomegranate.

The seeds stick in my teeth.
Excessive random voting might need to stop in your case... 8-) I'm tempted to vote you, especially since Pomegranates kick ass.

@Exalt: I don't think two scum would do a double lynch...seems like a dead give away to the town, no?

What about those K guys? Still looking shady to me...grrr! :evil:
@JackintheBox777: This is post 45. What's scummy about it? It looks RVS to me hence Pablo's RVS response to the emoticons...but I can see in a lazy moment how you'd maybe think that...you probably shouldn't throw down baseless claims though... :shock:

I'm new to playing here -- my first game, but I played a few mafia games on this other forum and my brother urged me to join up here.
Pablo Molinero
Pablo Molinero
Goon
Pablo Molinero
Goon
Goon

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:47 am

Post by Pablo Molinero »

Jack, that was one hell of a post and kind of hard to follow. Give me the lowdown on Sraymonds, Adamrights, and myself plz if you can. It seems to me you immediately went after the easiest target and most current topic of discussion. It's also strange that you sorta coach Sraymonds in your defense,
Not a very good defence. He should have apoligized, unvoted, and claimed newbiness IMO ...

...Again, since this was his mistake, he should have apoligized, and claimed newbie ignorance.
Since you voted him, you have some sort of inkling that he is scum. Why would you give this "proper" defense to scum, then? Makes no sense, and I have one thing for people that make no sense.

unvote, vote: Jackinthebox777
SAMMICHES SAMMICHES SAMMICHES
Jackinthebox777
Jackinthebox777
Townie
Jackinthebox777
Townie
Townie

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:03 am

Sraymonds: I thought that I aleady had given my opinion on him.
Adamrights: I misinterpreted what was said, I don't think that he's scummy
Pablo: You seem scummy, for sticking up for Sraymonds. You voted for me for a horrible reason, voting for me because I sopposidely make no sense. I never gave him a defence, I simply wrote what he should of said. Besides, even if he uses that defence, it doesn't change anything because he could have simply stolen it from me. Also, just because I went for the easiest target and current point of discussion means nothing because I also believe it to be the proper course of action. It's not my fault that it's happening right now, or that sraymonds was acting scummier then every one else.
FOS Pablo Molinero
although I'll keep my vote where it is.
adamrights
adamrights
Goon
adamrights
Goon
Goon

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:33 am

Post by adamrights »

Pablo Molinero wrote:
Since you voted him, you have some sort of inkling that he is scum. Why would you give this "proper" defense to scum, then? Makes no sense, and I have one thing for people that make no sense.

unvote, vote: Jackinthebox777
This seems like some quick logic to jump a vote on Jackinthebox777 -- simply calling out a "scum strategy" isn't giving the defense to the scum.

FOS: Pablo
Katy
Katy
Goon
Katy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:35 pm

Post by Katy »

All right, I have a problem on this site with losing posts I think I made into the ether. Here was a post I thought I made that I apparently didn't, which I will try to recreate.

sraymonds
: I tend to believe his explanation of being new and nervous. While that doesn't clear him as town to me, I do think it's a fairly null tell at this point since he might be nervous regardless of his allegiance.

jackinthebox
: While I agree that he's chosen the "easy target" I also note that when he replaced in he made a post that enumerated his suspicion and who he thinks is town fairly clearly no matter what you think of the rest of it. I tend to think scum wouldn't have been inclined to do so at this stage of the game and I am actually leaning town on him.

adamrights
: At first I brushed off Pablo's pointing out his excessive use of emoticons. I don't like to ding people for their posting style or things that seem aspects of their personality, but in looking back, I find that the use of emoticons does in fact correspond to a joking manner that seems a bit forced. I am suspecting he may be adopting a jovial, joking manner as a cover.

In particular I note post 22 where he accuses Kichirou of the chainsaw defense during random voting when it seems pretty apparent it was a random vote like everyone else's. He also keeps using the same joke "K names" to throw suspicion on people. Once would have been cute, but twice raises my hackles.

Vote: Adamrights
adamrights
adamrights
Goon
adamrights
Goon
Goon

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:01 pm

Post by adamrights »

Katy wrote:
adamrights
: but in looking back, I find that the use of emoticons does in fact correspond to a joking manner that seems a bit forced. I am suspecting he may be adopting a jovial, joking manner as a cover.
Really now? Because looking back at my record you've been able to deduce that this usage seems a bit forced? How so?8-)

In particular I note post 22 where he accuses Kichirou of the chainsaw defense during random voting when it seems pretty apparent it was a random vote like everyone else's. He also keeps using the same joke "K names" to throw suspicion on people. Once would have been cute, but twice raises my hackles.

Vote: Adamrights
Sorry I'm new Katy :roll: and did not realize using two emoticons might be suspicious :( :wink: , but seriously...the "K" thing was an obvious joke in the RVS. I did not actually suspect the "K people"...

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”