Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1400 (ISO) » Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:18 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

xRx - How did you ensnare MME in your trap? What exactly was your trap?
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. -Wayne Gretzky"
-Wickedestjr
My Milked Eek
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1401 (ISO) » Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:21 am

Post by My Milked Eek »

I would have replied to your trap the same way if I were town, so your trap really doesn't work :p
Eek
!
qwints
qwints
Mafia Scum
qwints
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1402 (ISO) » Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:17 am

Post by qwints »

I'm honestly shocked that reckoner wasn't a sk. I kind of figured that NHT was lying about being nk-immune, but I didn't think the mafia would have a role that could "stop lynch" so I thought he had good reasons for doing so. I thought MMK was most likely town right up until starbuck's claim was verified.

Fun game, but should have been a little less complicated and a theme rather than a mini-normal.
canadianbovine
canadianbovine
Goon
canadianbovine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1403 (ISO) » Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:18 am

Post by canadianbovine »

good game, guys! this one was...interesting.

i think the set up would of worked better if it didnt have so many mafia claims day 2, and maybe a little more mass claim proof.

Maybe minus the lawyer.
stuntkeyboardist
stuntkeyboardist
Goon
stuntkeyboardist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1404 (ISO) » Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:25 am

Post by stuntkeyboardist »

Yeah, guys, I never said anything about how strategic I was. You have no idea how much thought goes into what I do. With that said, on D2 when you guys tried to lynch me, this is what happened.

First, I was going to execute ryan so the day would end in place of my lynch. But I thought that if ryan flipped town, Reckoner would kill me because he still wouldnt trust me. If I saved myself by doing a normal claim, Reckoner would believe me, but the scum would probably kill me because my role was confirmed. I was forced into using the resources of the game to save myself.

Not only did I want to survive the game, but I felt that I needed a way to help the town even more. To do, I decided to say I was unkillable and "prove it." But to do so, I also had to make sure that you guys lynched me (hence my "I cant claim, trust me" bit). the only way to rationalize that was to give myself some weird power that I would "lose" upon revealing my identity. Honestly, when i wrote it all out the first time, it didnt look so bad, but when I started to explain it, I thought it looked like I had a ridiculously godly role. To be honest, after I posted it, I doubted you would believe me.

Had I not done that though, i probably would have been killed, and I didnt want a confirmed safe to be killed in the place of an unconfirmed. I also wanted CB to be able to use his protection on someone else and not have two "unkillable" roles at night.

I'm honestly surprised that it worked... especially since I have almost no experience (except for two games on this site) with PR's.

I have to say Psycho, the game was the most interesting I've played on here. After D1, the game took off and I loved every minute of it. Great job (but I agree, it was very unbalanced).

Props goes out to DRK for probably the best gameplay as scum (other than Cruciare in my other game) that I have ever seen. I NEVER would have thought it was you until the odds, and a questionable PR, put you at the top of the list. If it werent for a few minor mistakes (not just by you, but the group as a whole) you definitely would have won. And winning with these sides says A LOT.

Congratulations all, and I'm sorry for being a jack ass to those I accused.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1405 (ISO) » Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:33 am

Post by Starbuck »

So pretty much, you wanted me to hammer?
<3 Kise, Reck, dram, tans, & Kats <3
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog
Pronoun: she

Post Post #1406 (ISO) » Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:41 am

Post by DeathRowKitty »

NHT wrote: Props goes out to DRK for probably the best gameplay as scum (other than Cruciare in my other game) that I have ever seen.
That honor has to go to MME. Less suspicion fell on him during the game and in the end, he was determined to be scum because he was the only one left. Thanks for the compliment, but MME definitely deserves it over me.
canadianbovine
canadianbovine
Goon
canadianbovine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1407 (ISO) » Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:42 am

Post by canadianbovine »

you both do, kitty.

sorry for my poor play guys. I think my play is improving..i'm still learning as well. This game got me hooked back on mafia.
stuntkeyboardist
stuntkeyboardist
Goon
stuntkeyboardist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1408 (ISO) » Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:47 am

Starbuck wrote:So pretty much, you wanted me to hammer?
I was dying for you hammer me. I was sitting at the computer waiting for the hammer, but it wasnt coming and I didnt want to say anything more that might harm my chances. Had you not hammered though (and had nobody hammered), we could have lost because I probably would have been killed that night allowing scum 2x power.

BTW DRK, I liked this quote:
I'm completely lost as to the claims. I think a mass claim would end the game almost immediately. If anyone suggests a mass claim, we could always try to get that someone lynched for trying to get our remaining power roles out in the open. If NHT suggests it...we can't exactly try to get him lynched...
hehehe, yes you could.
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #1409 (ISO) » Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:01 am

Post by DeathRowKitty »

I was sitting at the computer waiting for the hammer, but it wasnt coming and I didnt want to say anything more that might harm my chances.
My posts at that point were my attempts to (not so) subtly fan the flames and get you hammered. To be honest, I was sitting at the computer waiting for a hammer too. :P It was actually very tempting for me to hammer, but it would have been way too much out of character.
NHT wrote:hehehe, yes you could.
Haha. Well, everyone would have just voted for me instead (they did anyway...) so we really couldn't have gotten you lynched.
canadianbovine
canadianbovine
Goon
canadianbovine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1410 (ISO) » Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:10 am

Post by canadianbovine »

yay-- my first win!
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1411 (ISO) » Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:11 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

canadianbovine wrote:you both do, kitty.

sorry for my poor play guys. I think my play is improving..i'm still learning as well. This game got me hooked back on mafia.
I apologize for being kind of harsh towards you day 1 CB. I really thought you were scum.

Speaking of which, wow, I'm a fool;
Me wrote:Overall, I have a feeling that lobster is scum and his scumbuddies are NHT and CB. I think this because lobster hesitated to vote for CB and gave an FoS to NHT when he wasn't voting anybody else. Lobster and NHT were also on three of the bandwagons. I think we should lynch lobster because it will tell us about CB and NHT more than a CB or NHT lynch would.
-Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1412 (ISO) » Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:12 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

canadianbovine wrote:yay-- my first win!
My first win too. But this is the only game of mine on this site that has actually finished.
-Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1413 (ISO) » Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:13 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

Great job day 2 and day 3 NHT, you played very strategically.

(Sorry for the triple post.)
-Wickedestjr
stuntkeyboardist
stuntkeyboardist
Goon
stuntkeyboardist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1414 (ISO) » Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:13 am

Yeah guys, I'm actually just really vote-happy. Something I tried to calm down with in this game. As I think things over and consider things, I vote whoever's on my mind.

That, and regardless of who's lynched D1, we get enough information to work off of D2 to actually have based arguments.
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #1415 (ISO) » Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:18 am

Post by DeathRowKitty »

Wicked wrote: Overall, I have a feeling that lobster is scum and his scumbuddies are NHT and CB. I think this because lobster hesitated to vote for CB and gave an FoS to NHT when he wasn't voting anybody else. Lobster and NHT were also on three of the bandwagons.
I remember getting a laugh out of that and a couple other similar posts. Three people on all the bandwagons and you picked the wrong two (Reckoner also did that Day 1).
canadianbovine
canadianbovine
Goon
canadianbovine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1416 (ISO) » Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:24 am

Post by canadianbovine »

i remember when i made that post about kitty's and nht's voting habits, i was just as quickly going to vote for kitty. I saw qwints vote for nht and i went with it.

imagine how different the game would be otherwise.
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #1417 (ISO) » Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:36 am

Post by DeathRowKitty »

Ironically, it
might
have allowed us to last longer.

If I'd managed to claim without getting lynched and qwints had a chance to verify me (apparently I would have come up as alive), I would have been confirmed town. Of course, our night choices could have messed that up. We would want CoCo and qwints out of the way, but with your doc protection likely to fall on one of them, we would have had to choose one. The other probably would have cleared me.
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1418 (ISO) » Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:36 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

Looking back at the game, I can't believe I didn't once stop to consider DRK being scum.
-Wickedestjr
canadianbovine
canadianbovine
Goon
canadianbovine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1419 (ISO) » Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:40 am

Post by canadianbovine »

that day i had a lot of trouble trying to figure out who you guys would try to kill, and i finally figured reckoner would be the most important for us, despite the Serial Killer controversy.

Looked like a good move in retrospect, he killed ryan. I was thinking of protecting Coco again but last time i got criticized for protecting him.
stuntkeyboardist
stuntkeyboardist
Goon
stuntkeyboardist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1420 (ISO) » Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:43 am

Anybody else think that some of these games would make good books/movies? This one would have been great partially due to the amount of flavor.
stuntkeyboardist
stuntkeyboardist
Goon
stuntkeyboardist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1421 (ISO) » Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:43 am

Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1422 (ISO) » Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:47 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

After xRx claimed, I was never suspicious of him for the rest of the game to be honest.
nohandtyper wrote:Anybody else think that some of these games would make good books/movies? This one would have been great partially due to the amount of flavor.
Well, if they made a movie reflecting this game, I would definitely watch it. :D
-Wickedestjr
CoCo
CoCo
Goon
CoCo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1423 (ISO) » Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:25 pm

Post by CoCo »

This was an excellent game.

I knew DRK was scum, but I never had a way to prove it. Being roleblocked Night 1 absolutely sucked because of all the suspicion on me. And even if I hadn't, DRK would have come up innocent! Talk about egg on my face. I began to doubt his scummyness (great playing, DRK) midway through Day 2 until the in-depth vote analysis. But even at that point, I was involved between Ryan and NHT.

Day 2 Ryan had flown to the top of my list rather quickly. I was employing the same smokescreen I'd used Day 1 (with Wicked) by going after NHT, who I also viewed as scum. When that didn't work out (because of the wall of text and stop-lynch) I investigated Ryan at night, only to wind up dead. Luckily, in a twist of irony, Reckoner shot him.

I never doubted Reckoner's role. I trusted him completely. In fact, there were many times him and I seemed to be thinking the same things.
Show
Record:

Town: 3
Power Role: 3
Special: 1
Scum: 0
Ongoing: 2

W/L/D: 3/1/0
ryan2754
ryan2754
Goon
ryan2754
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1424 (ISO) » Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:52 pm

Post by ryan2754 »

Psycho, props to you. The flavor was amazing, and I really anjoyed playing scum with DRK and MME. Probably one of the most indepth QT's I have ever been in.

My rants/things to say, etc.:

1.) Touche to NHT for his "white-lie-filled" role claim. All three of us believed the unNKable part. I got a little confused with your role (and still am, even after Psycho's explanation.

2.) This game was anything but a normal mini. Too many PRs, and not normal WITH the PRs. Granted, I enjoyed the game, but way too town-favored. I mean, a vig, two investigative roles, a JOATs-type that is either a stoppable lynch/day killer? Good Lord.
Word of advice Psycho - this would have been a great LARGE game with these roles. All the subtle hints you tried to throw in about Princess, Godfather, etc. and all the side plots would be great in a Large; but in a Mini, there is ABSOLUTELY NO TIME for these to be set in motion, given most games only run to D3.
Could you explain the whole Bulletsmith thing and NHT's actual role/Lobsters-CDB connection better?
If I could get a grasp on this better, I would LOVE to mod this in a large game (Or if you did it, I WOULD LOVE TO JOIN IT IN A LARGE GAME - adding in a second vigilante group/recruiting cult would make it even more in tune with a LARGE Game where there are usually two bad factions)

2a.) I am bitter about losing. I still don't think many of the reasons people found me scummy were legit. Looks like I can't go V/LA. I played this game like I play many replacements. I just happened to not get around to this game as much because pages were cropping up like wildfire.

3.) I had a gut feeling XrX was gonna go after me (surprised about CoCo though). After I made my defense post and he responded "Hmmm..." I was like "Well, oh shit..." (See QT)

4.) The safe claims for scum, were, well, to be honest, awful. RBer? Gunsmith-esque? Very scum oriented roles. Oh, and did I mention that this game was very town favored?

5.) It didn't help none of the scum had to claim early (DRK and MME). If they had they might have been to be more believable, but given the roles already claimed, it stunk.

6.) Good game, DRK and MME. Had we known DRK was innnocent when based on investigations RBing CoCo may have never happened. I think us three did a GREAT job of not distancing/bussing/ignoring each other.

Fun game, nonetheless, but this type of setup is much more suitable for a Large game given all the nuances with the different roles. This game was FAR from a Normal. (Come to think of it, given that this game was a mini, I am surprised more people didn't try to attack the outlandish claims that typically aren't in a normal).
Show
Town: 3-4*
Scum: 2-1
SK: 0-1
Unlynched.
"Noone can deny that the Ryan, from now on known as "Bullseye", accomplished an amazing feat. Nightkilling 2 mafia roles on the first 2 nights. He deserves to win." - Alexhans, Mini 829, Town Loss

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”