Octupis
Octupis
Goon
Octupis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:35 am

Post by Octupis »

BloodCovenent wrote:so you knew that someone wanted to pressure him, and you still unvoted? All the while, you had suspicions on Charnel. But VP didn't put the pressure on until after you had already unvoted. And you didn't Re-vote, until VP votes. Do you see why this is scummy? Could be some scum-team like interactions here.

Is that all correct?
I did not know VP Baltar wanted to pressure Charnel until after I unvoted thus why I revoted.
Charnel wrote: Didn't even take the trouble to read my reaction on it, doesn't care. I didn't pretend that, and if you read what my reaction is on, you wouldn't have said this: blatantly following VP's attack without reading the defense.

and I have no idea where you get the gut from to accuse people of lurking:
vote Octupis
hypocrite and follower.
I did read your reaction on it. What do you think about VP Baltar's post 115 because you call me a follower but you don't actually dispute what I am agreeing with. So what if I agree with VP Baltar if what he is saying about you is true?

Also maybe you should read my post. I called you out on active lurking yet I concede I was lurking through the first few pages as I had a funeral to attend on thursday and was not up to much posting on friday. I make a distinction between active lurking and lurking, as I said you were active lurking and I was lurking that doesn't make me a hypocrite because the two things are different.
Charnel wrote:
Octupis wrote:I realised VP Baltar wanted to pressure Charnel but I had unvoted meaning little pressure would be applied. I revoted Charnel to pressure him thus aiding the town. VP Baltar's post has not altered my opinion on Charnel, I am still as unsure as I was when I unvoted because I only had suspicions. I have revoted, not because VP Baltar's post gave me confidence but I saw that he wanted to pressure Charnel so I used my vote to do so and hopefully get some more information for the town.
If you know I'm not a newby, then don't treat me like one! "oh, I pressure him with my vote, now he will tell me everything seeing I am so treathening"

get real: you only say it is a pressure vote to actually make clear it is not seriously for a lynch, and therefor it doesn't work.
Octupis wrote:Also, I see you have been using your vote an awful lot to pressure people[/sarcasm]
I see you did a lot of scumhunting[/sarcasm] you actually waited for VP and Hohum to do the job for you.
At the time of the post you quoted, I then knew you were not a newbie. Also, is it correct that mafia players only ever try and pressure newbies because that is what you are insinuating here.

I am doing a damn more scumhunting than you are. It is widely agreed that you are just offering colour commentary which is not really helpful, yet when you get a little bit of pressure you attack me for agreeing for VP, but you don't have a thing to say about him.
Charnel wrote:
Octupis wrote:I will tentatively
Unvote
for now, although I am suspicious of Charnel, that was a joke vote so I feel it neccesary to remove it now we have left the RVS.
What a mess you make here: later you even need to tell us it is a pressure vote, just to be sure we won't attack you for weak reasoning. Can I order a lynch please?
In the second of Charnel's quotes, he basically says that the only reason a vote could be justified is if the voter wanted the target to be lynched. I disagree, pressuring is evidence of this. In the last quote he says that I only said that my vote was to pressure him because otherwise my reasoning would be weak, but in accordance with the above point, if my vote was not for pressuring, which I claimed it was, it would be for to lynch Charnel. The two quotes don't coincide, they contradict each other because Charnel thinks the only reason I should vote for him is if I want him to be lynched and then says that if I claimed that it wasn't, my reasoning would be weak. Which is it Charnel because as I see it, I cannot win, whatever I do, I would be inherently wrong.
muzzz
muzzz
Goon
muzzz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:53 am

Post by muzzz »

@BC re. 116: I did ask you twice. You claimed to think that the first time was rhetorical, but it's completely fair for Hohum to think you just missed/ignored it. Calling that scummy is a huge stretch.

And you clearly have no idea what I'm like in RL.

Announcing a pressure vote is like telling someone you're going to throw them a surprise party tonight. It doesn't really work.

At this point, I really don't think Charnel deserves to have more votes than BC.

Unvote, vote: BC
Most justified random vote ever:
"Vote: muzzz for making my girlfriend think you were me" - Rai
yabbaguy
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
(O)ptimized

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:29 am

Post by yabbaguy »

@Charnel-112: I don't buy it either. I would expect a reply more like "I'm not new, I know exactly what I'm doing, so quit the superiority" or something like that.

Also, how is sarcastic defense relevant to me having inside knowledge? I don't see the connection.

@BC-116: I have never used gay as an insult. Ever.

Also, a lot of people have addressed several times that dodging a question is just that, you dodged a question. Maybe you overlooked it, but really, there's no way of knowing that. Fact of the matter, you got a response.

Having a second look, I don't see how scum would be this abrasive. Ironically enough, I'm now inclined to think that BC is towntelling, because usually I would think the scum would try to be a little more on the down-low instead of tripping everyone's wires. He's been a bit useless, but I think he's just weak-town, honestly.

@BC-120: I see no way VP and Charnel are scumbuddies.

@Charnel-121:
Can I order a lynch please?
Octupis has me on edge, but really, the crucial fact is if he was aware that Baltar wanted to press Charnel. I can't decipher that, but either way, Octupis has been suspiciously quiet.

Plus, this suspicion of Octupis hatched a moment ago, while meanwhile, people have been consistently suspicious of you Charnel. This sounds like scum trying to end the Day so that they get their votes wiped away.

---

After D1, my thoughts:

hohum >>> obvtown

Baltar >>> town

muzzz >>> leaning town

BC >>> speculating town

Charnel >>> scummy

Octupis >>> tilting scummy

Vote: Charnel

yabbaguy ~ Winning without actually winning.

Town: 10-21 | Mafia: 3-4 | Other: 0-1
yGDB
(meta + commentary)

- On reruns at Sens-O-Tape!
Octupis
Octupis
Goon
Octupis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2009 5:17 am

Post by Octupis »

muzzz wrote:

Announcing a pressure vote is like telling someone you're going to throw them a surprise party tonight. It doesn't really work.
Ah, I see...
Charnel
Charnel
Mafia Scum
Charnel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2009 5:28 am

Post by Charnel »

Octupis wrote:what do you think about VP Baltar's post 115 because you call me a follower but you don't actually dispute what I am agreeing with.
Since when do I agree with VP's points against me?
Also maybe you should read my post. I called you out on active lurking yet I concede I was lurking through the first few pages as I had a funeral to attend on thursday and was not up to much posting on friday. I make a distinction between active lurking and lurking, as I said you were active lurking and I was lurking that doesn't make me a hypocrite because the two things are different.
and why was I active lurking: because I didn't like your lurking, and Muzzz his theory discussion? Because I gave my opinions on players? this is an empty, and easy made accusation. You accuse me of doing nothing, while I don't see what you have done yourself.

I am doing a damn more scumhunting than you are. It is widely agreed that you are just offering colour commentary which is not really helpful, yet when you get a little bit of pressure you attack me for agreeing for VP, but you don't have a thing to say about him.
you are scumhunting? where? you are only following VP and Hohum, and bringing nothing new. You actually told you were just doing that.
Charnel wrote:
Octupis wrote:I will tentatively
Unvote
for now, although I am suspicious of Charnel, that was a joke vote so I feel it neccesary to remove it now we have left the RVS.
What a mess you make here: later you even need to tell us it is a pressure vote, just to be sure we won't attack you for weak reasoning. Can I order a lynch please?
In the second of Charnel's quotes, he basically says that the only reason a vote could be justified is if the voter wanted the target to be lynched. I disagree, pressuring is evidence of this. In the last quote he says that I only said that my vote was to pressure him because otherwise my reasoning would be weak, but in accordance with the above point, if my vote was not for pressuring, which I claimed it was, it would be for to lynch Charnel. The two quotes don't coincide, they contradict each other because Charnel thinks the only reason I should vote for him is if I want him to be lynched and then says that if I claimed that it wasn't, my reasoning would be weak. Which is it Charnel because as I see it, I cannot win, whatever I do, I would be inherently wrong.
WTH. No way. You actually think that telling the world you vote is for pressure makes that pressure real? No, you are making clear to the world your vote isn't serious. It has nothing to do with pressure.
one would hardly have joy without another's suffering, no?
Octupis
Octupis
Goon
Octupis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2009 6:04 am

Post by Octupis »

Charnel wrote:
Octupis wrote:what do you think about VP Baltar's post 115 because you call me a follower but you don't actually dispute what I am agreeing with.
Since when do I agree with VP's points against me?
I agree with it, I was not claiming that you did. The question still stands.
Charnel wrote:WTH. No way. You actually think that telling the world you vote is for pressure makes that pressure real? No, you are making clear to the world your vote isn't serious. It has nothing to do with pressure.
No, I was kindly enlightened by muzzz in post 126. Although, I am sure you would feel slightly pressured if you were to be L-1 irrespective of the reasons behind the votes. I admit that it was stupid of me to think that and I am slightly embarrassed by it.
Charnel wrote:you are scumhunting? where? you are only following VP and Hohum, and bringing nothing new. You actually told you were just doing that.
If you compare our posts (My posts, Your posts), although you will probably disagree, I think, although I have posted less, my posts contain more substance, many of your posts are just commenting on what has happened in the game. Every player is literate so doing that serves no purpose.

All of this boils down to me trying to pressure you so to get more information. I told everybody that, so as you correctly pointed out, it is pointless as you are not going to be scared of my vote at L-2 especially when you know I don't want to lynch you right now. I know realise that my vote is useless where it is.
Unvote

I ask you the same question that I want VP to answer:
Octupis wrote:Regarding your first comment, would you have a problem if a theoretically just waited for a bandwagon?
Charnel
Charnel
Mafia Scum
Charnel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2009 6:11 am

Post by Charnel »

yabbaguy wrote:@BC-120: I see no way VP and Charnel are scumbuddies.

Plus, this suspicion of Octupis hatched a moment ago, while meanwhile, people have been consistently suspicious of you Charnel. This sounds like scum trying to end the Day so that they get their votes wiped away.

consistently? you all needed VP to misread that "newby card" and now you actually debate if it really had the intention to stand up to BC thinking he was superior.

After D1, my thoughts:

hohum >>> obvtown

Baltar >>> town

muzzz >>> leaning town

BC >>> speculating town

Charnel >>> scummy

Octupis >>> tilting scummy

Vote: Charnel

@BC-120: I see no way VP and Charnel are scumbuddies.
Does this mean you are scum?
Charnel
Charnel
Mafia Scum
Charnel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2009 6:13 am

Post by Charnel »

Octupis, I see what I missed.
VP Baltar wrote:
Sorry to be
relatively
new, sir.
You directly state that you're new on the site, which is playing the noob card to me. I don't like it.
I actually tried to prevent this with that "relatively". Guess it didn't work :(

on the other hand, why would I have put it there otherwise?
Charnel
Charnel
Mafia Scum
Charnel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2009 6:18 am

Post by Charnel »

If I read your question correctly, then yes, I have problems with that. It is easy for scum to wait and pick the right bandwagon.

and active lurking: yes I disagree. Maybe I am not as aggressive as Hohum, but mainly in questions, I have voiced opinions about muzz and you. I have not commented a lot on the big target, BC. Because that is how I see him.

Muzzz commented a lot on BC, but till recently, he stayed on yabba, because yabba didn't random vote. Why would he wait with going with his stronger suspicion? That was the point against Muzzz then, and since he hasn't done a lot lately, that is still the point.
muzzz
muzzz
Goon
muzzz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2009 6:25 am

Post by muzzz »

Aside from the contradiction I pointed out earlier, I don't really mind your suspicion of me. But I do mind you misconstruing my case against Yabba. I make my decisions based on what I find suspicious, and not just on the suspicions you happen to agree with.
Most justified random vote ever:
"Vote: muzzz for making my girlfriend think you were me" - Rai
Charnel
Charnel
Mafia Scum
Charnel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2009 6:58 am

Post by Charnel »

muzzz wrote:Aside from the contradiction I pointed out earlier, I don't really mind your suspicion of me. But I do mind you misconstruing my case against Yabba. I make my decisions based on what I find suspicious, and not just on the suspicions you happen to agree with.
I asked you then, and if I remember correctly, you said that the main point was that he had not random voted.
hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2009 7:14 am

Post by hohum »

Interesting. Maybe this will convince you to be a little more honest with me:

Unvote, Vote Charnel

I take your refusal to respond as a translation to this:
Charnel wrote:I accidentally outed myself in our quicktopic for this thread. I don't want to post the link because it will confirm that I am scum
If I'm wrong then please feel free to set the record straight, and post links to what I've been asking for.

@Baltar: You fucked up dude. You shouldn't have said anything. I would have gone right on blissfully trying to lynch Yabba or BC.
hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2009 7:17 am

Post by hohum »

Oh

Never mind.

Egg on my face. Hehe. I didn't read the whole topic first before I posted.

Unvote
hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2009 7:19 am

Post by hohum »

Vote: BC

Moar BC lynching, please.
hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2009 7:46 am

Post by hohum »

Charnel wrote: Hohum, you are surprisingly aggressive for a person who could have looked at all the games VP and I posted together in
Not to state the obvious here, but I could give a fuck about your alts. Your refusal to share information with the town is way more interesting to me than your meta. I'm going to be taking a closer look at Baltar now for the same reason.

I obviously just telegraphed my intentions with the last 3 posts because I don't know how to read, so I'll have to come up with a better way to put some pressure on you.[/quote]
BloodCovenent
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2009 8:15 am

Post by BloodCovenent »

hohum wrote:Interesting. Maybe this will convince you to be a little more honest with me:

Unvote, Vote Charnel

I take your refusal to respond as a translation to this:
Charnel wrote:I accidentally outed myself in our quicktopic for this thread. I don't want to post the link because it will confirm that I am scum
If I'm wrong then please feel free to set the record straight, and post links to what I've been asking for.

@Baltar: You fucked up dude. You shouldn't have said anything. I would have gone right on blissfully trying to lynch Yabba or BC.
Wasn't that the Hammer? Are we not in twilight now?
hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2009 8:31 am

Post by hohum »

was that really the hammer?
BloodCovenent
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2009 8:31 am

Post by BloodCovenent »

I believe so.
hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2009 8:32 am

Post by hohum »

fuck.
hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2009 8:32 am

Post by hohum »

i was doing so well too.
BloodCovenent
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2009 8:34 am

Post by BloodCovenent »

o.o
hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2009 8:40 am

Post by hohum »

Twilight
Star Bright
First start I see tonight
I wish I may I wish I might
Have hammered wisely tonight (even though I'm a fucking dunce)
Charnel
Charnel
Mafia Scum
Charnel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2009 9:53 am

Post by Charnel »

hohum wrote:was that really the hammer?
it wasn't, octupis had unvoted.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:02 am

Post by VP Baltar »

yeah, game is still on. Hohum is highly suspicious for possibly attempting to quick hammer.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
BloodCovenent
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:30 am

Post by BloodCovenent »

And for unvoting so fast.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”