Mafia 96 - Murder in Emerald City (Game Over!)

Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #1775 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:57 pm

Post by Xylthixlm »

Refresh my memory?
#mafia@irc.globalgamers.net

"Xyl was completely berserk" -dramonic
"Xyl's ruthless policy lynching won the game." -Vi
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #1776 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:06 pm

Post by Xylthixlm »

BTW roflcopter, if by "disprove your argument" you mean show that I would never act like I have if I was scum, you should know perfectly well that's impossible... because if I can explain why I wouldn't do something as scum, then I would know that as scum too, and so might have done it to look town. My only possible defense is pointing out that everything I've done makes sense for me to do as town, but you totally refuse to consider that argument.

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1777 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:21 pm

Post by roflcopter »

Xylthixlm wrote:I thought I had addressed your case against me

It started with something about me being scum because I was selectively scumhunting because I wanted to lynch Wickedestjr instead of Hayker, as I recall
to show how blatantly incorrect this is, here are the main points i have presented against xyl, quoted again.
roflcopter wrote:
Xylthixlm wrote:
Xylthixlm wrote:
Wickedestjr wrote:
roflcopter wrote:can we lynch mastin now? he's just going to continue trying to use his fake rb claim to spin farfetched theories and try to score mislynches with them.
So first you are voting Hayker, then you suddenly switch your vote over to Mastin, and now you are extremely eager to lynch him without even hearing a response from him?

FoS: rofl
That's pretty normal for roflcopter.

Possible Wickedestjr/Mastin scumbuddy tell here.
vote: Wickedestjr
the only basis provided for voting wicked is a "possible wicked/mastin scumbuddy tell." no denying that this is selective scumhunting at its finest.
xyl wrote:
roflcopter wrote:xyl, who do you think is vermillion mafia
I thought Mastin was vermillion mafia. I need to do some reading.
stalling when called out to actually look for vermillion mafia instead of mastin's scumpartner
xyl wrote:
roflcopter wrote:having just skimmed namtamm in iso, kmd may get a reprieve. i'm pretty sure 3 members per team is all that makes sense, and namtamm is literally
screaming
mastin-scumpartner.

and kmd, if you think baltar had a guilty on mastin, why would he vote someone other than mastin when the mastin wagon reignited at the end of yesterday?
I'd be willing to go for Namttam. His posts bothered me yesterday, I'll take a look and see if I can remember why.
but apparently willing to follow me on someone i find to be a likely mastin scumparner. let me just say again - selective scumhunting
xyl wrote:
roflcopter wrote:1. xyl (he's targeting you as cerulean, ignoring vermillion altogether, thus my earlier q to him of "who's vermillion").
:(
the emoticon defense - i am unmoved. this may or may not qualify as an appeal to emotion. it certainly qualifies as xyl not actually defending himself against the point i made.
Xylthixlm wrote:
Wickedestjr wrote:
Khan wrote:@Hayker: Stop making posts like 185 & 186. It's bad enough that ZazieR and Mastin post mostly nonsense posts. Don't emulate them.
I saw Zazie comment on this quote as well, but unfortunately I could not find where the actual post was. But anyway, I don't really like this comment. First of all: Hayker didn't make post 186, so your only real evidence for this complaint is post 185 unless you made a mistake and can identify the real post you were talking about. Second of all: It has already been discussed that Mastin and Zaz have been contributing to the scum hunting. While they may post a lot of nonsense, I find that a majority of the content in their posts is helping the game roll along. Third of all: What do you find to be nonsense in Hayker's posts?

I agree that I don't think JR's vote for Mastin is a pretty great one. It doesn't have a very good reason, and like I said before, a majority of the content in Mastin's posts contain scum hunting contribution.
Seems like Wickedestjr is the last Cerulean, or completely bonkers.

Still hunting Vermillion. Namttam looks promising.
still not providing a real reason for his wicked vote, rather he gives us a version of the classic "he's either scum or he's stupid," which is a classic in the sense that scum have been using that to pre-emptively excuse their mislynches since the dawn of time.
and xyl is also still stalling on the vermillion front
Xylthixlm wrote:
Wickedestjr wrote:Why do you think Namttam is Vermillion?
If Namttam is scum and you're Cerulean, that would make Namttam Vermillion. Duh.
so far, the only reason xyl has voiced for even suspecting namtamm is agreement with my proposal that namtamm looks connected to mastin (cerulean), yet here he flips namtamm to his vermillion column without ever explaining anything else that makes nam scummy, simply because he's confirmation-biasing wicked as absolutely cerulean.
Xylthixlm wrote:
roflcopter wrote:i don't like wicked for cerulean
Vermillion, then?
no, nice try
Xylthixlm wrote:I think I should just hunt scum and leave the cerulean/vermillion speculation to other people.
by now it seems xyl has realized he can't convincingly hunt vermillion, so he makes a lame excuse to continue his selective scumhunting ways. xyl is an
extremely
experienced mafia player, so he should know as well as anyone that hunting for vermillion ought to be as simple as reading for connections with zazie, but instead he's playing stupid.
Xylthixlm wrote:The lack of support for lynching Wickedestjr makes me :(
note to self - emoticons = appeal to emotion
up to this point xyl has still given zero reason beyond a vague possibility of connection to mastin for a wicked wagon.
Xylthixlm wrote:
Wickedestjr wrote:
Xyl wrote:WickedestJr looks worse and worse the more he posts.
Care to elaborate? Your only reason for voting me so far was that you thought me and Mastin were scumbuddies. Sounds like scum going for an easy lynch.
Every post of yours is scummy. Anyone who views you in iso should see it.
this is a clever way of saying "if you don't agree with me you're stupid. you're not stupid are you?"
Xylthixlm wrote:Is anyone willing to read Wickedestjr's posts in iso and go on record as saying they are
not
scummy?
this is the same thing but worse
Xylthixlm wrote:
roflcopter wrote:btw, now that wicked is confirmed town, xyl's little "everyone should see why wicked is so scummy" song and dance looks even worse.

pile on those votes guys.
Are you even considering the possibility that I might be town
have you even considered the possibility of actually defending yourself? so far all i've gotten from you is a sad face.
Xylthixlm wrote:
roflcopter wrote:hey xyl, who's more likely to be vermillion mafia, namtamm or kmd?
I stopped trying to figure out who is in which mafia a while back
your excuses, they just don't cut it
Xylthixlm wrote:
SerialClergyman wrote:I think people who are deciding which class of scum to lynch are really pushing their own ability to find scum. Either that or they're just a hell of a lot better than me at it. If I was sure that the person I was targeting was scum I'd lynch them, regardless of which faction they belong to.
QFT
look, guys - we have dead scum from both scumteams. searching for a specific set of scum is as simple as looking at connections to one or the other dead scum, or doing the reverse.
for example, i find xyl extremely scummy (see above), but i find it to be very unlikely that he would have bussed mastin. therefore xyl is scum, but not with mastin. therefore xyl is vermillion. tada! i decided which class of scum he is. not that hard.

you may all now feel free to congratulate me and join this bandwagon.
roflcopter wrote:you continue to
not respond to my case

you are trying to flip the burden of proof back to me, but i have already done my part. now i leave it to the rest of the cast to decide.
roflcopter wrote:
lowell wrote:
fallen
- look again at 528, 535, and 537. Zazie lightly coaches fallen, fallen says "hey what gives", and zazie reminds him that they should be talking about ckool. Unlike zazie to behave this way, and do it so quickly.
remember everyone, fallen angel and xyl are the same person
lets give it a tl;dr version.

the main points against xyl are:
-selectively targeting people linked with mastin (but not those most strongly linked with mastin, i.e. nam, until forced to do so)
-appealing to his own inability to discern scum from different groups
-appealing to (my) emotion
-attempting to get other players to build his case against wicked for him
-attempting to flip the burden of proof back to me again after i've already presented a series of points for why he is scum
-fallen angel's demonstrated links to zazie, including zazie coaching f.a.
-kmd's votecount analysis pointing squarely at xyl
-defending via self-meta

of the above, the only one that has been explained in an even mildly satisfactory way is the shenanigans with trying to make other people find their own reasons to be suspicious of wicked.
xyl wrote:My only possible defense is pointing out that everything I've done makes sense for me to do as town, but you totally refuse to consider that argument.
you have attempted to explain that everything makes sense for you to do as town, something which i don't agree with to begin with, but furthermore you have not shown that everything you have done does not also make sense for you to do as scum.

just because you do something as town does not mean you don't also do it as scum.
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #1778 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:31 pm

Post by SpyreX »

spy- His running dialogue of catching up is horrible. In my case, I'm reading through while staring at a list of dead players and their roles. He's trying to look town by doing it "blind" and seeming like he doesn't have anything or anyone to protect.
No I was trying to give honest assesments as I saw them of LIVING players. You'll notice the already-dead don't appear in my town or scumlists. Unlike Spy, who wants us all to see how town he thinks ckool is.
My "running dialogue" was for my amusement versus anything else.

1.) Mastin was rediculously scummy. Like, I'm surprised he wasn't the day 1 lynch AND I do need to go back and look at who alive derailed the wagon IF I am wrong about Nam (which I'm not).

2.) Zaz was doing her best impersonation of the contentless-whirlwind that Mastin was doing. In fact, I had money down on Mastin-Zaz-Wicked scumgroup until further along in my read (and Zaz being a different group). Not to mention a throwaway vote on a claimed miller ffs.

3.) Ckool couldn't have been more obviously the vig unless he changed his avatar. Looking at that whole dialogue explaining the n0 shot was a no brainer.

Of course this leads us to:
I'm an Emerald Townie. No magic role to save me unfortunately. I still would like to hear reasons for everyone's votes on me, please don't hammer before that. I have nothing to respond to. So that means SC, Kmd, SpyreX, Xyl, and KK. Could I get reasons for your votes? (Not so much Xyl since I already understand your reason) I think all the scum are already on my wagon so the remaining town don't hammer until we hear some reasons.
You've played to live, not to find scum. You've actively avoided the major wagons. You've, ultimately, posted just enough to avoid being a true lurker but SAID very little all game.

Additionally, there is a very perverse dynamic with you and Mastin.

Yea, I'm comfortable with this.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #1779 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:55 pm

Post by Xylthixlm »

roflcopter wrote:the only basis provided for voting wicked is a "possible wicked/mastin scumbuddy tell." no denying that this is selective scumhunting at its finest.
Not the only basis, just the only one I provided.
xyl wrote:
roflcopter wrote:xyl, who do you think is vermillion mafia
I thought Mastin was vermillion mafia. I need to do some reading.
stalling when called out to actually look for vermillion mafia instead of mastin's scumpartner
Have I not been rereading?
but apparently willing to follow me on someone i find to be a likely mastin scumparner. let me just say again - selective scumhunting
Hmm.
the emoticon defense - i am unmoved. this may or may not qualify as an appeal to emotion. it certainly qualifies as xyl not actually defending himself against the point i made.
I'm defending myself about 10x as much as I usually do
still not providing a real reason for his wicked vote, rather he gives us a version of the classic "he's either scum or he's stupid," which is a classic in the sense that scum have been using that to pre-emptively excuse their mislynches since the dawn of time.
and xyl is also still stalling on the vermillion front
My real reason was that he's scummy as hell. Seriously. How many people need to say wicked was scummy as hell before you'll believe wicked was actually scummy as hell. SpyreX? Lowell?
Wicked himself?

As for hunting vermillion vs cerulean, I've decided to refuse to guess which scumteam someone is on because I'm usually wrong.
so far, the only reason xyl has voiced for even suspecting namtamm is agreement with my proposal that namtamm looks connected to mastin (cerulean), yet here he flips namtamm to his vermillion column without ever explaining anything else that makes nam scummy, simply because he's confirmation-biasing wicked as absolutely cerulean.
Namttam is scummy. I don't remember why.

As for "flipping to vermillion column",
I AM NOT SCUMHUNTING BY PUTTING PEOPLE IN TOWN VS VERMILLION VS CERULEAN COLUMNS, I AM SCUMHUNTING BY PUTTING PEOPLE IN TOWN VS NOT-TOWN AND THEN PULLING OUT RANDOM ASSED GUESSES IF SOMEONE ASKS ME WHAT SORT OF SCUM I THINK SOMEONE IS.

Xylthixlm wrote:
roflcopter wrote:i don't like wicked for cerulean
Vermillion, then?
no, nice try
See above
by now it seems xyl has realized he can't convincingly hunt vermillion, so he makes a lame excuse to continue his selective scumhunting ways. xyl is an
extremely
experienced mafia player, so he should know as well as anyone that hunting for vermillion ought to be as simple as reading for connections with zazie, but instead he's playing stupid.
I'll give you a hint: most IRC games are 5-9 players, and have at most two mafia and an SK. You don't look for connections to link people to specific scumteams because
there's only one multiple-player scumteam in 99.9% of games
. Congratulations, you've found a scumhunting technique which I have no experience in using.
note to self - emoticons = appeal to emotion
up to this point xyl has still given zero reason beyond a vague possibility of connection to mastin for a wicked wagon.
You know I often vote with little or no reason, so the only reason you find this scummy is you disagree on Wicked. Fine.
Xylthixlm wrote:Every post of yours is scummy. Anyone who views you in iso should see it.
this is a clever way of saying "if you don't agree with me you're stupid. you're not stupid are you?"
This is a clever way of saying "read wicked's posts and tell me I'm wrong"
Xylthixlm wrote:Is anyone willing to read Wickedestjr's posts in iso and go on record as saying they are
not
scummy?
this is the same thing but worse
And this is saying it directly

Believe it or not, I realize that sometimes I'm wrong. Disagreeing with me does not make you stupid except when I'm right.
have you even considered the possibility of actually defending yourself?
Normally I avoid it, because people start saying things like "too defensive" and "squirming".
your excuses, they just don't cut it
I don't have a better reason because it's true

Out of time, more later

Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #1780 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:57 pm

Post by Xylthixlm »

You're probably right about the selectively targeting Mastin interactions thing, though. It might have something to do with the fact that
Zazie was already dead when I replaced in, so the only interactions I actually saw were with Mastin

Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #1781 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:11 pm

Post by Xylthixlm »

Rofl says defend, then one of his points against me is defending via self-meta. The only other sort of defense I know is pointing out that what I've done makes just as much sense for town as for scum, but you refuse to even consider that. If your goal is to get a lynch on me regardless of my alignment you're doing a fine job, but you obviously have no intention of paying attention to anything I say. I'm done responding to you until you show some sign of listening.

Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #1782 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:18 pm

Post by Xylthixlm »

Better yet, instead of saying why my play is consistent with me being scum, which can never be disproved if I'm as good as you think, tell me why it's INCONSISTENT with me being town. That I can disprove.

curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1783 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:18 pm

Post by curiouskarmadog »

Xylthixlm wrote:July 20
curiouskarmadog wrote:not sure that I agree with rofl that xyl is scummy though, the only scummy thing I have seen Xyl do it follow/buddy up with rofl. going to read again.
July 21
curiouskarmadog wrote:
vote xyl
, rofl was right about mastin
see post 1592. I didnt see his case until he posted that.

I would have glady hung Hay or Wicked....They are both 50x scummier than you are....as they are claiming mason however (suicide claim as scum), you are next on deck...

though i dont know if I believe Nat's claim......and I am still feeling out Spy and Lowell (due to recent activity)....vote subject to change.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Namttam
Namttam
Goon
Namttam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1784 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:27 pm

Post by Namttam »

SpyreX wrote:You've played to live, not to find scum. You've actively avoided the major wagons. You've, ultimately, posted just enough to avoid being a true lurker but SAID very little all game.
Additionally, there is a very perverse dynamic with you and Mastin.
So I wasn't on the wagon of a player I didn't think was scum(MafiaMann) and I wasn't on the wagon of Mastin because I was suspicious of the person pushing it(VP). I was right on the first count and wrong on the second. I thought lurking and saying very little were the same thing. What do you mean by a perverse dynamic? It is interesting that all your reasons for voting me apply to your predecessor Achilles. By your logic you are scum.
SpyreX wrote:
THESE ARE SCUM:

Namttam - Cerulean, to be precise. I'll pull out the super best case if I have to but seriously.
Is that your best case?
SpyreX wrote:1.) Mastin was rediculously scummy. Like, I'm surprised he wasn't the day 1 lynch AND I do need to go back and look at who alive derailed the wagon IF I am wrong about Nam (which I'm not).
You just read the topic why didn't you take note of it then?
[i]~THe ONe ANd ONly~[/i]
Namttam
Namttam
Goon
Namttam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1785 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:28 pm

Post by Namttam »

Still waiting on reasons from SC, Kmd, and KK. Also I didn't miss count, Kk did and i took his word for it.
[i]~THe ONe ANd ONly~[/i]
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1786 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:58 pm

Post by iamausername »

-=Vote Count #47=-

Xylthixlm (5) - roflcopter, Wickedestjr, Lowell, curiouskarmadog, Namttam
Namttam (5) - SerialClergyman, Kmd4390, SpyreX, Xylthixlm, Kublai Khan
Hayker (1) - molestargazer
molestargazer (1) - Hayker

Not Voting (1) - Faraday

7 to lynch.
Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere
Hayker
Hayker
Goon
Hayker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1787 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:46 pm

Post by Hayker »

Lowell, why did you say "I am Mufasa's Alt?"
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #1788 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:50 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Alrighty. You want details? Fine.

Strap on your helmets, because we are going to delve into the darkest corners of the psyche. We shall not leave unscathed.
Finally caught up. I was afraid Mastin would come back and start posting again before I finished.

Mastin's wall of text annoys me to no end but there is nothing inherently scummy about it. Since it is his MO it is a null tell. At least it has sparked discussion rather quickly. Dissecting his posts, it is mostly fluff but there is some scum hunting buried in there. I'll consider him pro-town for now.

rolfcopter is tunneling. I have no problem with this. I do have a problem with his citing of single cases to prove his points on tunneling and scum calling. Furthermore, there are differing viewpoints on the miller roleclaim so there is no reason to quash the debate. Anytime players want to make a stand on a topic provides information for the town to work with. Leaning scum.

Hayker opens by committing and pointing out his own scumtell. He takes issue with rolf's quick push from RVS even while complimenting rolf's reasoning. RVS is necessary to spark discussion but with Mastin around RVS doesn't need to be too long. There was already plenty to comment on. This is no reason to believe a player to be scum and Hayker should move on. He as made enough posts without moving beyond this initial issue and for that I Vote: Hayker.

Working my way forward, more coming.
Lets break this down paragraph-style.

1:
-- You say Mastin annoys you but there is nothing scummy about it.
---- IN THE SAME PARAGRAPH you say it is mostly fluff.
-- You preemptively give a meta-shield for this
-- You also shrug it off as "sparking discussion"
-- Your end result is pro-town. Not null, not anything else. Pro-town.

2:
-- You say you have no problems with rofl tunneling.
---- You then proceed to attack his rationale FOR tunneling.
-- You then snipe the whole miller business.
-- Your end result is leaning scum
BONUS POINTS: Who is rofl attacking? Are they, in fact, a scum PR?

3:
-- You then twist Haykers statement of "I know this is considered a scumtell" to "I am actively and purposefully committing said scumtell"
-- Mad props again to Mastin for his "moving out of the RVS"
Johnny Rotten's last post is a terrible one. Advocating the lynch of a player you don't think is scum is wrong. Furthermore, he holds off on voting on it because he wants to hear how others feel is fear of commitment, which both interferes with forming lasting relationships and is a scum tell.

Achilles is likely going to be lurking.

MafiaMann is having a ScumDay! But in addition to that he seems preoccupied with theorizing about the game setup. May try to active lurk. His response to ckool's "lol" tell and his hesitance to get involved with scum hunting support this.
Who is Johnny planning to vote for?
Does Johnny say that person is town... or that it could be the right move
regardless of alignment
?

Two setup snipes for altering wagons without commitment to either noted.

Well not like this trend is going to continue right?
2 wrote: I'm going to Unvote. Vote: Johnny Rotten. First, for not pulling the trigger and voting for Mastin. Second, for suggesting that lynching a townie is a good thing for a town. It makes much more sense to be scum hunting and lynching the most suspicious players instead of the most distracting. Third, if Mastin was the talk of the day then why just ask for more people to comment on him, why not raise some new questions? Fourth, suggesting voting is a scum tell, you specify the early stages of the game but I think that doesn't make the statement anymore valid. And finally... you used "lol" even after it was specifically mentioned as a scum tell in this game.
More of the same "lynching town" and because he didn't vote for Mastin. Again with "distracting" != "being scum".

And, this deserves its own line... he's pushing lol as a scumtell because someone else said it was.

Does that bespeak real issue? I think not.

Things die down some. So lets move down the road:
7-8 wrote: The JR wagon is useless when there is no JR. I was voting him to get him to talk more but with him gone there is no reason for this. I'm going to Unvote. Vote: Kublai Khan. KK responses to Zaz's questioning make's this an easy decision. Why would a resent PM clarify his role if he already had it?

The first quote shows that KK already had the PM, the second shows that the answer to the question(will I turn up as scum at death?) was already in the role PM. If this was true then there would have been no need to ask for more information.

Unvote. Vote: Kublai Khan. Proven scum. If you don't know why go read my logic in a previous post.
So, now we move to a miller claim. Sahweet.
10 wrote:Mastin could be scum. Some of your points do have merit,i.e. his parsing has allowed him make some things appear scummier than they were. However, having been in the game for a short while, you are making yourself guilty of misrepping just as you accused him of doing(see post 749 before you deny it). More over, your appeal to other players dislike of mastin's post style is a incredibly suspicious play. You are using it to further your desire to get him lynched because your case is not as strong as you would like. I would vote for you before I vote for Mastin, however I'm leaving my vote on KK because I believe my logic is solid.
Mastin could be scum, but he's not because somehow VP is scum. Note: this also includes a very strong "taking sides" in the argument that is later proven to be town vs scum.. without actually doing it.
12 wrote:Last post I promise. That is already four people responding to VP's push on Mastin. Three of which did not post any reasons,(MM kinda did but seemed to imply he was voting for his post style). If anyone is trying to take advantage of sheep it is VP. Encouraging voting without reasons encourages play which provides little information, and is definitely not a town move.
Accussing VP of herding the "sheep" to lynch Mastin? Check.
13 wrote:Was it you who used the shotgun analogy? Throwing out of bunch of points, some of which are scummy and others which are not at all doesn't make your case stronger. It makes you more suspicious. You avoided the issue I was questioning which was you asking people to vote because Mastin's posts are long.
More defense of Mastin. Further, this is the dismissal of VP's case as "Mastin's posts are long."
15 wrote:Yes. I believe Mastin has done more than an adequate job of countering most of those points which would actual make me vote for him. I believe their are better lynch targets than him.
Nice and clear. Note - not that Mastin is town. Just better lynch targets.

Like the miller.
16 wrote: I take a day off from posting and am called out for it.

It seems like either no one agrees that KK is obvscum or they feel like hoping a NK is used on him. Since this is the case I'll reluctantly move on.

Unvote. Vote: VP Baltar. SC already hit the nail on the head. I was suspicious of your play when you were pushing your Mastin wagon. Now your inconsistency in behavior towards your MM wagon is suspicious as well. You then side step this issue rather than addressing it with this post.

That argument is ridiculous. Fact is you didn't add anything new against MafiaMann when you switched your vote to him and afterwards. Pressure does something if you are asking questions and looking for responses, which you gave no indication of doing. That entire post was just you trying sidestep the issue which SC raised.
More of the same.

Welp, lets look at day 2:
Mastin wrote: Just because my case sucks doesn't make you town. You got me on the lazy part though, I couldn't find the time for this game during the week but I'm caught up now. The obvious suspect from the flip is ckool as everyone and their mother has realized. I've never played with Zaz before so I don't know if she typically watches out for her partners or would tend to try to buddy with town. I had a town reading on ckool before the flip so I would lean toward the latter explanation being true. However when you take into account ckool's behavior towards Zaz ckool's situation becomes even worse. So in the end I have to conclude that ckool is likely to be a scum partner of Zaz.
Mastin. I was on his side all of yesterday because I felt his post style was making him an easy lynch target when I got a town read from him. Zaz's flip paints him in a poor light. Zaz's indifference to Mastin who was a large object of discussion says a lot more to me than Mastin's obvious buddying to Zaz. I have to add him to my suspect list.
Zaz's flip doesn't negate the case against KK but that's a dead horse since no one wants to vote the claimed miller.
I don't like rofl at all. I find it incredibly contradictory that he will policy not vote a claimed miller but will vote a claimed role-blocker.
Some other suspicions I'll throw out there are Wickedestjr and still Achilles.
For now I think I will Unvote, Vote: roflcopter

@rofl-could you explain to me why it is wrong to lynch the claimed miller but correct to lynch the claimed roleblocker?
The last line alone should be plenty. However, now that with Zaz scum and their whole dance putting Mastin in an even WORSE (albeit wrong) light time comes to make him a suspect. Lets see how that plays out.

Note: He says mastin is a suspect right here.

Ohh wait he's not mentioned again until after the lynch. In fact, there's one more whole post between then and the end of day. Funny how that works.

Note: that is 23 of his 34 posts. Of the rest, 6 occur after I replace in in direct response to the wagon.

TLDR:

"BUT SPYREX, TOWN CAN MAKE BAD READS AND FOLLOW THEM THROUGH RIGHT??'

Yes, in fact, they can. And do. However, there's one more big piece to this relationship that is key.

Nam talks about Mastin a lot. A real lot. A huge chunk of his posts.

He talks over, under, between and around Mastin.

But never, ever, ever TO Mastin.

Now, how does that work?
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Hayker
Hayker
Goon
Hayker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1789 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:15 pm

Post by Hayker »

Xylthixlm wrote:
Xylthixlm wrote:So let's see if I understand this

I brought up a possible partner-based tell on Wickedestjr. Because I linked him to Mastin, and therefore thought he's Cerulean, roflcopter accused me of selective scumhunting. Mastin came up Vermillion, and now roflcopter is pressing the case that ... I am selectively scumhunting for Ceruleans by linking people to Vermillions?

If you believe that I have a bridge in brooklyn to sell you
Wait, Mastin
was
Cerulean

shit, I need to do this when I'm awake
Were you perhaps a little..confused?
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #1790 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:24 pm

Post by Xylthixlm »

I had just woken up and hadn't had any caffeine yet, so yes.

Hayker
Hayker
Goon
Hayker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1791 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:28 pm

Post by Hayker »

What time zone are you in?
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #1792 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:48 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

Lowell wrote:
Kmd4390 wrote:
Xylthixlm wrote:I have this feeling like a few people aren't posting:
Achilles
Lowell
curiouskarmadog
Faraday

This post is a note to myself that they're the ones to look at if I want a lurker hunt.
Lowell is probably scum. Maybe Faraday too.
This post is what I was referring to. Yes, I see that at other times you've looked at other players as well.
This was according to that list. My other suspects weren't listed there.
roflcopter wrote: -kmd's votecount analysis pointing squarely at xyl
I thought you had Xyl as a pick for being my scumbuddy. :roll:
Namttam wrote:Still waiting on reasons from SC, Kmd, and KK. Also I didn't miss count, Kk did and i took his word for it.
I already responded to that.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #1793 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:49 pm

Post by Xylthixlm »

Pacific. And yes, I generally wake up late. Feel free to check when my first post of the day usually is :)

Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #1794 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:01 pm

Post by Kublai Khan »

Namttam wrote:Still waiting on reasons from SC, Kmd, and KK. Also I didn't miss count, Kk did and i took his word for it.
Yeah, sorry. Messed up the count.

I'm having a hell of a week. I'll post my reason on Sat.
Occasionally intellectually honest

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Hayker
Hayker
Goon
Hayker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1795 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:08 pm

Post by Hayker »

Xylthixlm wrote:Pacific. And yes, I generally wake up late. Feel free to check when my first post of the day usually is :)
That's fair. Damn, thought I had something there.
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1796 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:58 pm

Post by roflcopter »

Kmd4390 wrote:
roflcopter wrote: -kmd's votecount analysis pointing squarely at xyl
I thought you had Xyl as a pick for being my scumbuddy. :roll:
uh, yes, because you proceeded to vote for nam. thats how distancing works - pretend to actively wany someone lynched, but lynch someone else instead.
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1797 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:02 pm

Post by Wickedestjr »

Kublai Khan wrote:
Namttam wrote:The day's going pretty quick but since one of the two wagon's is on me(who is town) and the other is on someone I find likely to be scum, I will Vote:Xylthixlm.
Xylthixlm wrote:The day's going pretty quick but since one of the two wagon's is on me(who is town) and the other is on someone I find likely to be scum, I will unvote, vote Namttam
Heh. That's pretty funny.

Vote: Namttam

That's 6 of 7. You should probably hit us with a good reason not to lynch.
Vote: Nam

That is really scummy.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. -Wayne Gretzky"
-Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1798 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:05 pm

Post by Wickedestjr »