Mufasa
Mufasa
Goon
Mufasa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #600 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:21 am

Post by Mufasa »

Tarhalindur wrote:Hmm. I had a brainstorm.

Mufasa, please claim the flavor behind your protection. (Not the your role name, not the comic you come from, just the paraphrased flavor for how you are able to protect people from death.)

As an aside, I'm seriously considering massclaim here.
How would this be helpful to the town?
I tell you my role i become a target for the scum to nk, everyone mass claiming on d2 never heard of that being helpful either.

But if the town consents to me telling my flavor then yes I will concede.
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #601 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:09 am

Post by SerialClergyman »

*facepalm*

Mufasa, are you seriously saying that you specifically challenged the night kill going through to the mod and softclaimed some form of protective role, but that if you don't actually say the flavour of the role the scum won't notice?
I'm old now.
Vino
Vino
Goon
Vino
Goon
Goon

Post Post #602 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:33 am

Post by Vino »

Mufasa, if you're town, then just be saying that you are a protective role, you are already a likely target of a night kill. The scum now know you're a doc, and that's all they need to know.

I get a strong whiff of newbie mistake off him, so
Unvote
, even though I'd like him to talk a bit more.
Show
[url=http://www.calamityfuse.com/]Calamity Fuse, a multiplayer FPS/RPG[/url]
[url=http://www.blacksheepblues.com/]Black Sheep Blues, a community-reactive online graphic novel[/url]

Total prods: 1
Replaced out: 0
Mufasa
Mufasa
Goon
Mufasa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #603 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:43 am

Post by Mufasa »

Vino your the one that rolefished that information... >.>.....
Vino
Vino
Goon
Vino
Goon
Goon

Post Post #604 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:48 am

Post by Vino »

Show
[url=http://www.blacksheepblues.com/]Black Sheep Blues, a community-reactive online graphic novel[/url]

Riceballtail
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #605 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:52 am

Post by Riceballtail »

My computer went down for a bit, catching up in a bit.
Þç¬ÕêåÒéÆÞ¿▒ÒüòÒü¬ÒüìÒéâõ╗ûÕàÑÒééÞ¿▒ÒüøÒü¬Òüä

Proud owner of Mafiascum's First Next Great Restaurant :D
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #606 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:10 am

Post by Gorrad »

Sotty7 replaces Slicey
I will not assume everyone with blue eyes has Mako poisoning
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #607 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:02 am

Post by Fishythefish »

Mufasa wrote:Vino your the one that rolefished that information... >.>.....
Vino's rolefishing is not what made you claim, and latching onto this idea to excuse your actions is very suspect.
Mufasa
Mufasa
Goon
Mufasa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #608 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:49 pm

Post by Mufasa »

nope I clearly did state my soft claim but he was trying to find it necessary to have more information, but whatever.
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #609 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:52 pm

Post by hasdgfas »

Mufasa wrote:nope I clearly did state my soft claim but he was trying to find it necessary to have more information, but whatever.
you consider that a "soft" claim? Ha.
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
Riceballtail
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #610 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:46 pm

Post by Riceballtail »

Mufasa wrote:nope I clearly did state my soft claim but he was trying to find it necessary to have more information, but whatever.
Well, you kinda gave a lot more information than just a soft claim would be to me. You're probably dead tonight now anyway, so I hope you made some use of it last night.

BTW, can we hunt scum not PRs?

@Tar: I could see some benefit to a massclaim, but it might be risky for full claims. I could see at least either a name or comic claim, to try and help fish for scum, but it might help them fish for PRs too. Just kinda listing out some options here.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #611 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:49 pm

Post by Sotty7 »

Reading and all that fun. Will try and get up to date ASAP
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #612 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:34 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

Mufasa wrote:
Tarhalindur wrote:Hmm. I had a brainstorm.

Mufasa, please claim the flavor behind your protection. (Not the your role name, not the comic you come from, just the paraphrased flavor for how you are able to protect people from death.)

As an aside, I'm seriously considering massclaim here.
How would this be helpful to the town?
I tell you my role i become a target for the scum to nk, everyone mass claiming on d2 never heard of that being helpful either.

But if the town consents to me telling my flavor then yes I will concede.
Uh, you claimed your role here:
Mufasa, page 19? wrote:Sorry about my absence but its most evident that gorrad failed to mention that I was v/la from last sunday till yesterday, I sent him that in the night pm when I told him my intents on still playing,
I also believed he screwed up something with a nk last night
, but I can't talk too much about that without a confirmation from him in a pm.

I really believed that Qwints counter claimed was accurate so I never removed my vote off of L___C, my applogies L_C. But it also turns out that Qwints was accurate in his counter claim.

But I need Gorrad to read his inbox pronto thanks.
There are two likely reasons that you would think that Gorrad screwed up the Night 1 kills: you're a protective role (and think that one of the kills should have been prevented) or you're a killing role with the "chuckshot" kill method (and think Gorrad screwed up who you killed).

The latter, given poptajo's Vig reveal, would be tantamount to a scum claim, and while your play has not impressed me I don't think you're quite that stupid, so the logical assumption is that you're a protective role. (Moreover, it doesn't matter too much in the long run - any scum that kills you tonight will be killing a doc at best and a rival scum at worst, which is a win-win proposition for scum and effectively ensures your death barring you being a bulletproof SK).

Moreover, the only role you could have that really makes sense given this and the situation at the end of D1 is Doctor or possibly Jailkeeper (Bodyguard requires either that you were roleblocked - unlikely barring a town roleblocker, given how absent you were D1 - or protected, which I don't see a protective role doing regardless of alignment), and claiming how you're able to protect people shouldn't necessarily reveal which of the two you are (and you're probably dead either way, so it shouldn't matter in the long run).

Now, why are you claiming the flavor of your protection? Because I suspect your protection might not be universal. I'll explain further once you're done claiming.

As for massclaim:

A) If there's one thing I'm good at, it's breaking apart setups (especially via game balance).
B) It's not every day you have two dead cops, a dead vig, and a claimed protective role on Day 2.

Mass name/origin claim is somewhat less likely to out any remaining power roles, but I'm not sure how much less effective it is yet (may be the better option - hence why I said I was seriously *considering* massclaim).
User out of ambit.

Error 404: Sanity Not Found
Vino
Vino
Goon
Vino
Goon
Goon

Post Post #613 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:42 pm

Post by Vino »

Hmm. A name/origin claim I would actually be in favor of, now that I think about it. It's unlikely to out power roles since there is little apparent relationship between the character given and the role assigned, as evidenced by Hat Man, and it may give us a useful context with which to judge player actions by. For example, "I am Charlie Brown from Peanuts." So long as there is
no
role information in the claim I can support a mass claim. As a bonus if scum have an obviously scum role and they lie about it, it doesn't hurt the information that we would get.
Show

Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #614 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:36 pm

Post by Fishythefish »

I am very much against the idea of mufasa claiming flavour.

He may well be effective only against some kinds of kills. But us knowing which is not useful (afaic), and it tells some killing factions whether or not he needs taking out/roleblocking.

Massclaim feels premature. Sure, we've lost a lot of roles we'd normally be worried about outing, but there will still be some prs out there (eg. other protectors, if mufasa is not universal)- and this makes full massclaim a bad idea for now. A name/origin only massclaim I can't see getting us any information, but I wouldn't oppose it.
Head_Honcho
Head_Honcho
Goon
Head_Honcho
Goon
Goon

Post Post #615 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:11 pm

Post by Head_Honcho »

We've got two cops dead but this is still a big game, I think it's a little early for a massclaim. Especially since we've probably got a decent likelihood of scum with power roles. I don't know why mufasa softclaimed in the thread but I don't really see it as a scum read.
Immoral Acts: 0
Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #616 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:46 pm

Post by Percy »

Sorry guys, been super busy. Preparing a longish post, will have it up tomorrow.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #617 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:32 am

Post by Empking »

Percy: As the point of making Elan a cop is naive speculation.

FoS; Korlash
- For Lying.

I think Muf is town and I'm getting a newbie read on him. i think Tar knows what he's talking about so I'd like the flavour of his protect.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #618 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:44 am

Post by Fishythefish »

FoS: Empking
, for shifting responsibility onto Tar (particularly since i think what he's asking for is antitown). "Tar knows what he's talking about" is an unacceptable reason to want a flavour claim. Even if you think Tar makes decisions perfectly, he could be scum. Why do you want the claim?
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #619 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2009 5:19 am

Post by Empking »

Fishythefish wrote:
FoS: Empking
, for shifting responsibility onto Tar (particularly since i think what he's asking for is antitown). "Tar knows what he's talking about" is an unacceptable reason to want a flavour claim. Even if you think Tar makes decisions perfectly, he could be scum. Why do you want the claim?
I think Tar knows what he's talking about is the reason I want it. I think he has a reason and I don't think he'd make the gambit if he's scum.

(Also I don't want a flavour claim.)
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
Sironigous
Sironigous
Goon
Sironigous
Goon
Goon

Post Post #620 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2009 8:03 am

Post by Sironigous »

Hey guys - I'm going to start reading everything on page 5. Please please PLEASE ask me to comment on anything I've missed.

On Lamont lynch - first of all, if I were here, I would honestly have been on his wagon.

Sajin wrote:I dislike serials reasonings on percy. I do not think that play would be made as town. Therefore I will vote SerialClergy
FoS: Sajin

I dislike this reason for voting. I mean, at this point, you really shouldn't know (mostly) what readings are/aren't town.
Riceball wrote:VOTE:Roflcopter

Even with the premise of Percy being possible scum (I still don't know which way to read him yet), I disapprove of setting up multiple lynches.
FoS: RiceBall

Er, this is more of an advocation for strawmanning. Well, I read it as a move to just concentrate on one person at a time. I mean, I do agree with you in that we shouldn't set up multiple lynches when deadline is near.
Has wrote: Not to mention, I didn't jump on the wagon without saying anything. Please look at the post I voted LC. I explained why. Are you just throwing things trying to make them stick?
FoS: Has

Well, this defense could have been much less offensive - I don't understand why you said it like this...

Tar wrote:As an aside, I'm seriously considering massclaim here.
I think I'm against this - maybe soon but, I can honestly see the direction you're coming from.

That is, town squabbling over itself with argument after argument without much coming from it.

Sorry, I'll try to pick up more later...
Trinka Trinka!
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #621 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:00 am

Post by hasdgfas »

Sironigous wrote:
Has wrote: Not to mention, I didn't jump on the wagon without saying anything. Please look at the post I voted LC. I explained why. Are you just throwing things trying to make them stick?
FoS: Has

Well, this defense could have been much less offensive - I don't understand why you said it like this...
Why is this FoS worthy? I really don't understand.

I phrased it like that because he called out 5(or so) people because they jumped on the wagon without saying anything, and I had, so it felt like Percy was trying to just throw suspicion on everyone with no good reason, since I had said something when I voted for him.
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
Mufasa
Mufasa
Goon
Mufasa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #622 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:25 pm

Post by Mufasa »

V/LA Sunday to Sunday Limted/No Internet Access.
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #623 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:53 pm

Sorry, as I said earlier my access has been bad.

This last couple of pages has been a grind. I still havne't seen anyone come up with a case that even comes close to mine on Percy, in my opinion. I appreciate the comments I got from a lot of people that I went over the top, and I'm tunnelling and whatever, but after my activity waned I think the scumhunting ground to a halt.

Also of note is that Korlash appears to have entered a private hibernation after attacks on Percy died down, his last post being another defence of Percy over 1 week ago after a period of a couple of posts a day.

I'm in favour of a flavour claim. It might kick start something. And roles will not be that easy to discern - would anyone have thought Elan or Hat Man would make good cops without listening ot the explanations for their role? Anything that cuts down on scum fakeclaim possibilities is ok with me.
I'm old now.
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #624 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:54 pm

Actually, re-r-eading that, the case on Vino has enough to be somewhat interesting, but that's about the only other person aside from Kor/Perc that I'd be willing to vote, and even then the attacks look half hearted at best.
I'm old now.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”