Mafia 96 - Murder in Emerald City (Game Over!)

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1625 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:35 am

Post by roflcopter »

Xylthixlm wrote:Your case is bullshit because you aren't even considering the possibility that I might be town as an option.

There, I responded to your case.
the possibility was considered, but i find the probability that you're scum to be much greater, and i find you to be the scummiest player period.

saying that i am not considering that you could be town is bullshit and you know it. this is how scumhunting works.
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #1626 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:42 am

Post by Xylthixlm »

So let's see if I understand this

I brought up a possible partner-based tell on Wickedestjr. Because I linked him to Mastin, and therefore thought he's Cerulean, roflcopter accused me of selective scumhunting. Mastin came up Vermillion, and now roflcopter is pressing the case that ... I am selectively scumhunting for Ceruleans by linking people to Vermillions?

If you believe that I have a bridge in brooklyn to sell you
#mafia@irc.globalgamers.net

"Xyl was completely berserk" -dramonic
"Xyl's ruthless policy lynching won the game." -Vi
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #1627 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:44 am

Post by Xylthixlm »

roflcopter wrote:
Xylthixlm wrote:Your case is bullshit because you aren't even considering the possibility that I might be town as an option.

There, I responded to your case.
the possibility was considered, but i find the probability that you're scum to be much greater, and i find you to be the scummiest player period.

saying that i am not considering that you could be town is bullshit and you know it. this is how scumhunting works.
Then you should be able to say why you don't think I could be town, but you're avoiding the question instead

Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #1628 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:46 am

Post by Xylthixlm »

roflcopter, I don't believe for a second that your bullshit argument about selective scumhunting is your only reason you think I'm scum. Please fill in the rest of the town on your real reasons

Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #1629 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:47 am

Post by Xylthixlm »

Xylthixlm wrote:So let's see if I understand this

I brought up a possible partner-based tell on Wickedestjr. Because I linked him to Mastin, and therefore thought he's Cerulean, roflcopter accused me of selective scumhunting. Mastin came up Vermillion, and now roflcopter is pressing the case that ... I am selectively scumhunting for Ceruleans by linking people to Vermillions?

If you believe that I have a bridge in brooklyn to sell you
Wait, Mastin
was
Cerulean

shit, I need to do this when I'm awake

Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #1630 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:49 am

Post by Faraday »

The scumtell you pointed us to says that people who focus on one group exclusively are likely to be scum.

You have made no secret that you are focusing on one group exclusively.

Why should I not think you scummy based on the tell you yourself are using?
The question here is, do you think rofl is cerulean scum just trying to focus on a vermillion lynch? If you do then this is valid, however since I think rofl being cerulean is ridiculous then this doesn't work.

Also I'd agree with the 4th neighbour claiming at the moment, it would confirm the 2 groups of neighbours theory.
Kublai wrote:WTF? I might believe his neighbor claim if a 4th neighbor came out of the woodworks, but to take it at face value? No way.
It seems a ridiculous gambit for scum-mole to make, and I see no reason for it, unless he's trying to get 1 confirmed mason lynched, but it just seems unlikely.
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #1631 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:51 am

Post by Xylthixlm »

Anyways, roflcopter is making a case of selective scumhunting based on one single data point. I guess the single data point does fit the case, it's just a really weak case. If roflcopter honestly believes based on that one thing that I'm the scummiest player in the game I don't think it's possible to convince him otherwise

SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1632 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:58 am

Post by SerialClergyman »

In a previous game we all claimed 'not-mason' when a mason partner of a killed mason wasn't coming forward. We could do the same to flush out the silent neighbor (if there is one).

Faraday, you're correct, I didn't quite apply the tell properly. I went through this with rofl.
I'm old now.
molestargazer
molestargazer
Goon
molestargazer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1633 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:59 am

Post by molestargazer »

KK wrote:WTF? I might believe his neighbor claim if a 4th neighbor came out of the woodworks, but to take it at face value? No way.
The claim was unprompted. I wasn't near lynch. At all. I wasn't even being pressured.
I made the claim in a sincere belief that Hayker & Wicked might be scum, and the claim was needed to explain why I thought so.
The claim was, in all probability, suicide. If the lynches happened, and I was correct, I'd most certainly die pretty quickly. If I was wrong, I'd be dead very soon after.
Please outline why you think I would do this as scum.
My Wiki Page
|
My Last.FM
|
My Steam
I am
not
called 'molest'.

Unable to play mafia right now - life's too hectic with University. Apologies for replacing out...
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1634 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:07 am

Post by roflcopter »

xyl, you're strawmanning my case against you. you've ignored the whole part about how your push against wicked was scummy.
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #1635 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:13 am

Post by Xylthixlm »

Argh. The mason claims don't fit. If there are six neighbors & masons, there are as many neighbors & masons as there are scum, unless the scumteams are larger than 3 people each...

I think I agree with roflcopter on not test-lynching a mason today and instead hoping that the scum kill one of them. I'm still not convinced they're town though

I'm still thinking that roflcopter is town, he has a history of suspecting me when I'm town in other games (War in Heaven II really pops out, but he was also suspicious in Lynch All Lurkers)
Faraday wrote:The comment was meant to indicate that Zazie seems to be thinking similar to me on a number of issues, I believe if people are thinking similar to me, or asking similar questions then it makes them more likely to be town, as they're scumhunting.
Faraday, got anything to add to this now?

Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #1636 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:15 am

Post by Xylthixlm »

roflcopter wrote:xyl, you're strawmanning my case against you. you've ignored the whole part about how your push against wicked was scummy.
Uh, that part is so self-evidently bullshit I didn't think it needed a response.

Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #1637 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:16 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

roflcopter wrote:so yeah, i'm ignoring you because everything you're doing is actively hurting the town.
Suit yourself. My job isn't to convince you that you're scum.
SerialClergyman wrote:I don't understand this at all. Perhaps it's just me being thick, but why can't rofl just be posting his scummiest -> towniest list? Obviously if he's scum he's be lying..? And it's not like any of the people he calls scum are 'confirmed'...
Because there's a difference between posting "here's *my* list" and "here's the town's list". roflcopter is doing the latter.
Faraday wrote:It seems a ridiculous gambit for scum-mole to make, and I see no reason for it, unless he's trying to get 1 confirmed mason lynched, but it just seems unlikely.
Unlikely? molestargazer did agree to the "Let's testlynch the masons" idea shortly after his claim.
molestargazer wrote:The claim was unprompted. I wasn't near lynch. At all. I wasn't even being pressured.
I made the claim in a sincere belief that Hayker & Wicked might be scum, and the claim was needed to explain why I thought so.
The claim was, in all probability, suicide. If the lynches happened, and I was correct, I'd most certainly die pretty quickly. If I was wrong, I'd be dead very soon after.
Please outline why you think I would do this as scum.
It doesn't quite make sense as scum unles you're really confident in your ability to talk yourself out of a tight corner, but truth be told you're not super high on my scum list. I'm more interested in Faraday's reaction.
Occasionally intellectually honest

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #1638 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:18 am

Post by Faraday »

Xylthixlm wrote:
Faraday wrote:The comment was meant to indicate that Zazie seems to be thinking similar to me on a number of issues, I believe if people are thinking similar to me, or asking similar questions then it makes them more likely to be town, as they're scumhunting.
Faraday, got anything to add to this now?
Erm, no?

I still think that's the case, usually, as it's been fairly reliable for me in the past, but obviously zazie wasn't town, so I was wrong.
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1639 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:18 am

Post by roflcopter »

khan: what is your opinion on xyl?

mole, sc, faraday: why is your current vote (or lack thereof) better than voting for xyl?
soi soi soi

Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #1640 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:21 am

Post by Xylthixlm »

Xylthixlm wrote:
roflcopter wrote:xyl, you're strawmanning my case against you. you've ignored the whole part about how your push against wicked was scummy.
Uh, that part is so self-evidently bullshit I didn't think it needed a response.
I should qualify this

If rofl is saying that
how
he pushed wicked was scummy he is ignoring that this is how I usually push people

If rofl is saying that pushing wicked
at all
was scummy then he's smoking something

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1641 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:23 am

Post by roflcopter »

xyl, your apparent disdain for my suspicion of you notwithstanding, the wagon speaks for itself
soi soi soi

Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #1642 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:24 am

Post by Faraday »

Unlikely? molestargazer did agree to the "Let's testlynch the masons" idea shortly after his claim.
Well this makes it more likely he's a neighbour who believes there aren't masons in the game then surely? I don't see how it's scummy when you're coming from his line of thought, I do think it's a bad idea to testlynch them though.

If he's faking he's scum so he's either:

1)Faking being a neighbour as scum- when no one claims as the other neighbour, and it appears/is shown no one is the other neighbour he's kinda screwed.

2)Or he's a scum neighbour who saw the opportunity to try and get masons lynched. But he'd have to assume, the town would be willing to lynch masons, which is possible.

Now 1 seems unlikely to me as it makes no sense to me as a gambit, so yeh I don't think he's lying about being a neighbour.
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #1643 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:27 am

Post by Xylthixlm »

roflcopter wrote:xyl, your apparent disdain for my suspicion of you notwithstanding, the wagon speaks for itself
You, wicked, Lowell, and curiouskarmadog. I expect the curse of Xyl to kick in any moment now

molestargazer
molestargazer
Goon
molestargazer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1644 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:28 am

Post by molestargazer »

KK wrote:Unlikely? molestargazer did agree to the "Let's testlynch the masons" idea shortly after his claim.
Yes, I did. Your point?
KK wrote:It doesn't quite make sense as scum unles you're really confident in your ability to talk yourself out of a tight corner, but truth be told you're not super high on my scum list. I'm more interested in Faraday's reaction.
Precisely.
Even if I COULD talk my way out of such a corner, it's very, very risky. No scum here. Move on.
rofl wrote:mole, sc, faraday: why is your current vote (or lack thereof) better than voting for xyl?
I haven't read the Xyl case yet, so I can't really say.
My Wiki Page
|
My Last.FM
|
My Steam
I am
not
called 'molest'.

Unable to play mafia right now - life's too hectic with University. Apologies for replacing out...
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #1645 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:30 am

Post by Xylthixlm »

Wickedestjr wrote:
Vote: Xyl

-He tried to lynch a player without even giving reasons.
-He is being lazy.
-He hasn't posted many opinions on other players.
rofl, do you think these points against me are correct?

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1646 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:32 am

Post by roflcopter »

Xylthixlm wrote:
Wickedestjr wrote:
Vote: Xyl

-He tried to lynch a player without even giving reasons.
-He is being lazy.
-He hasn't posted many opinions on other players.
rofl, do you think these points against me are correct?
the first point is correct but doesn't cover the whole reason why it was scummy.
the second point is bleh
the third point is true.
soi soi soi

Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #1647 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:35 am

Post by Xylthixlm »

so roflcopter - did you think wickedestjr was scummy before the claim, or not?

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1648 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:43 am

Post by roflcopter »

Xylthixlm wrote:so roflcopter - did you think wickedestjr was scummy before the claim, or not?
not particularly. i found him less scummy because you were voting him, actually
soi soi soi

Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #1649 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:43 am

Post by Xylthixlm »

This post seems to be a cornerstone of roflcopter's case so I'll just reconstruct what I was thinking when I wrote it
Xylthixlm wrote:Is anyone willing to read Wickedestjr's posts in iso and go on record as saying they are
not
scummy?
I was riding the bus on the way to work, and thinking about my (gut) case on Wickedestjr. Obviously since I was not giving much in the way of reasons he had no way of defending himself, and there was of course a possibility I was totally wrong. I was playing through the inevitable conversation - "How am I supposed to defend myself" "Just find someone who's willing to tell me I'm wrong about you being scummy" - and realized that I didn't need to wait for wickedestjr to bring it up, I could just ask for the reality check myself. I figured that if he's scum, his scumbuddies would be hesitant to go on record defending him, and if they did it would be something to link them later. And if I really was just crazy, some townie should come out and say so. I get a check on my read, and help build connections if he turns out to be scum. Win-win.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”