Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2875 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:39 pm

Post by Gorrad »

Yes? Where's the contradiction? Is it impossible for such a group to form after L's death and he simply has no knowledge of it?

I find such a thing unlikely, but a contradiction implies an impossibility, where only one or the other can be true.

Votecount
MafiaSSK -10 (Stephoscope, Gorrad, populartajo, Starbuck, Benmage, LlamaFluff, Kmd4390, Kairyuu, magnus_orion, WeyounsLastClone)
Stephoscope -2 (Lamont Cranston, MafiaSSK)
Starbuck -2 (Vi, ThAdmiral)
Lamont - 1 (MrBuddyLee)
LlamaFluff - 1 (Zwetchenwasser)
NoLynch -1 (mykonian)
Not voting: Millar13, Seraphim, Sir Tornado

I told you, the gods are on my side...

With 20 alive, it's 11 to lynch.
I will not assume everyone with blue eyes has Mako poisoning
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2876 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:22 pm

Post by Starbuck »

MafiaSSK wrote:So once I'm lynched and proven town, then you guys will lynch Stephy right?
Now you're setting up lynches too?
<3 Kise, Reck, dram, tans, & Kats <3
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2877 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:24 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

Starbuck wrote:
MafiaSSK wrote:So once I'm lynched and proven town, then you guys will lynch Stephy right?
Now you're setting up lynches too?
Thats not really setting up lynches. Also I think LC not hammering SSK is a slight town tell.
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2878 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:26 pm

Post by Benmage »

So...hypothetically if shingami were to hammer themselves, would they be in the runnings for the dropped DN?
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2879 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:33 pm

Post by Gorrad »

Benmage wrote:So...hypothetically if shingami were to hammer themselves, would they be in the runnings for the dropped DN?
Aye. What I want to know is what happens if a townie is on his own lynch wagon. Is he included in the odds of finding/destroying the note?
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2880 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:44 pm

Post by Benmage »

Gorrad wrote:
Benmage wrote:So...hypothetically if shingami were to hammer themselves, would they be in the runnings for the dropped DN?
Aye. What I want to know is what happens if a townie is on his own lynch wagon. Is he included in the odds of finding/destroying the note?
True that. If that is the case, any townies should self-hammer.
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2881 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:13 am

Post by Kairyuu »

Mmk. Benmage pretty much just confessed to being a Shinigami. Time to die.

unvote
vote: benmage

We either lynch him now or risk scum taking the death note he's worried about protecting.

@all:
I repeat. Benmage has confessed to being a Shinigami in his questions about how a Shinigami can hang onto their death notes. We need to lynch him before the scum have a chance to take it

@Gorrad:
What I want to know is what happens if a townie is on his own lynch wagon. Is he included in the odds of finding/destroying the note?
I sincerely hope you're being sarcastic here. Why would a townie have a note in the first place? It would be destroyed instantly, so they would never have it while in the process of being lynched.
Because, no matter how you dress it up, that's what the world is. A community of idiots doing a series of things until the world explodes and we all die.
Lamont_Cranston
Lamont_Cranston
Mafia Scum
Lamont_Cranston
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2882 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:19 am

Post by Lamont_Cranston »

Gorrad wrote:Yes? Where's the contradiction? Is it impossible for such a group to form after L's death and he simply has no knowledge of it?

I find such a thing unlikely, but a contradiction implies an impossibility, where only one or the other can be true.
Now you're reaching. I can't believe you are actually trying to say that Stepho can outright contradict SSK and somehow they both can be town having both claimed power roles with vision. This is such a mental twist your brain looks like a pretzel.

It is
very
clear that they both cannot be town or scum together. Why are you denying this?? :shock:
[i]Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?[/i] [url=http://www.braingle.com/community/wiki.php?user=Lamont_Cranston&page=ms_wiki]Wiki[/url]
[url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11458]Chzo Mafia 1 Replace BLOOD&GORE[/url]
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2883 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:58 am

Post by ThAdmiral »

Starbuck wrote:So you are voting for me for not jumping on a unsteady bandwagon? Wow. That's a first.
No. As I said there would be reasons a scum wouldn't do that. For example if somehow you knew stepho didn't have a deathnote, or if he was a scumpartner, or if you were just changing your habit because you had received so much heat for jumping on wagons previously.
You would have been my second option regardless of whether you had gone on the wagon or not.
Stephoscope wrote:
ThAdmiral wrote:@ stephoscope: can you try to breadcrumb the person (obviously make this very discreet/cryptic so the scum can't figure it out) who is in your task force and then tell that person how you breadcrumbed them during this upcoming night so they can reveal themselves at a later day if they need to?
This would seem to be strictly prohibited by the rules.
tisn't.

So will you do it now?

@ gorrad: as kariyuu said townies can't have a death note.

@ kariyuu: can you please elaborate on benmage?
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2884 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:11 am

Post by Stephoscope »

ThAdmiral wrote:tisn't.

So will you do it now?
Possibly.
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2885 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:32 am

Post by Stephoscope »

I've heard that north of the museum, there is a building in which two guys are shaking hands.
I am looking forward to modding THE ROOM mafia. If you're a fan and want to play, let me know!
Lamont_Cranston
Lamont_Cranston
Mafia Scum
Lamont_Cranston
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2886 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:40 am

Stephoscope wrote:I've heard that north of the museum, there is a building in which two guys are shaking hands.
Quoted for someone to explain Whiskey Tango Foxtrot this is.
[i]Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?[/i] [url=http://www.braingle.com/community/wiki.php?user=Lamont_Cranston&page=ms_wiki]Wiki[/url]
[url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11458]Chzo Mafia 1 Replace BLOOD&GORE[/url]
magnus_orion
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2887 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:41 am

Post by magnus_orion »

Lamont_Cranston wrote:
Gorrad wrote:Yes? Where's the contradiction? Is it impossible for such a group to form after L's death and he simply has no knowledge of it?

Now you're reaching. I can't believe you are actually trying to say that Stepho can outright contradict SSK and somehow they both can be town having both claimed power roles with vision. This is such a mental twist your brain looks like a pretzel.

It is
very
clear that they both cannot be town or scum together. Why are you denying this?? :shock:
no, false, and wrong. Gorrad is absolutely correct.

I willing to lynch benmage off of his question, but I'm not sure that that course of action is concievable within the amount of time we have left.
I've heard that north of the museum, there is a building in which two guys are shaking hands.
WTF?
Show
Why, yes, I do exist simply to make your life a living hell.
Win-Loss
Town: 10-3
Scum: 5-2
Serial Killer: 0-2
Lamont_Cranston
Lamont_Cranston
Mafia Scum
Lamont_Cranston
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2888 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:45 am

magnus_orion wrote:
Lamont_Cranston wrote:

It is
very
no, false, and wrong. Gorrad is absolutely correct.
Ok so both Gorrd and MO think that somehow both SSK & Stepho can be town here regardless of how they both have claimed vision power roles and 100% contradict each other. Anyone else care to agree with their erroneous opinion?
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2889 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:50 am

Post by Stephoscope »

Lamont_Cranston wrote:Ok so both Gorrd and MO think that somehow both SSK & Stepho can be town here regardless of how they both have claimed vision power roles and 100% contradict each other. Anyone else care to agree with their erroneous opinion?
Sure, I agree with them. I think it's very, very unlikely, but anything's possible.
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2890 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:54 am

Post by Kairyuu »

@TheAdmiral:
Right here. He wants to know if there would be a chance for him to keep his death note if he self-votes. He's Shinigami with a death note. We need to lynch him NOW before the scum take it.

@magnus: We have a near guaranteed death note hit if we lynch Benmage, and if we don't lynch him, the scum have a high likelyhood of taking it without us knowing. If you hesitate then we lose the chance we have. If absolutely necessary we can switch back to SSK to avoid a No-Lynch, but that should be done only as a LAST RESORT. I'm not giving up a death note to the scum because of people being INDECISIVE!
Because, no matter how you dress it up, that's what the world is. A community of idiots doing a series of things until the world explodes and we all die.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2891 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:32 am

Post by Benmage »

Kairyuu wrote:Mmk. Benmage pretty much just confessed to being a Shinigami. Time to die.

unvote

We either lynch him now or risk scum taking the death note he's worried about protecting.

@all:
I repeat. Benmage has confessed to being a Shinigami in his questions about how a Shinigami can hang onto their death notes. We need to lynch him before the scum have a chance to take it
You’re an idiot Kai. If I wasn’t obv-town, and actually had a PR. I’d subtly ask the mod this in a pm. Jesus.
Kairyuu wrote: @Gorrad:
What I want to know is what happens if a townie is on his own lynch wagon. Is he included in the odds of finding/destroying the note?
I sincerely hope you're being sarcastic here. Why would a townie have a note in the first place? It would be destroyed instantly, so they would never have it while in the process of being lynched.
Lol, *cough* I’m a dumbass *cough*…
magnus_orion wrote: I willing to lynch benmage off of his question, but I'm not sure that that course of action is concievable within the amount of time we have left.
Absurd
Kairyuu wrote:@TheAdmiral:
Right here. He wants to know if there would be a chance for him to keep his death note if he self-votes. He's Shinigami with a death note. We need to lynch him NOW before the scum take it.

@magnus: We have a near guaranteed death note hit if we lynch Benmage, and if we don't lynch him, the scum have a high likelyhood of taking it without us knowing. If you hesitate then we lose the chance we have. If absolutely necessary we can switch back to SSK to avoid a No-Lynch, but that should be done only as a LAST RESORT. I'm not giving up a death note to the scum because of people being INDECISIVE!
This is so pathetic let’s do it!

Unvote
vote Benmage
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2892 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:33 am

Post by Benmage »

Clearly a joke :wink: :wink: :wink: unvote
vote MafiaSSK
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2893 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:58 am

Post by LlamaFluff »

Kairyuu wrote:@magnus: We have a near guaranteed death note hit if we lynch Benmage, and if we don't lynch him, the scum have a high likelyhood of taking it without us knowing. If you hesitate then we lose the chance we have. If absolutely necessary we can switch back to SSK to avoid a No-Lynch, but that should be done only as a LAST RESORT. I'm not giving up a death note to the scum because of people being INDECISIVE!
No time. I dont expect to be able to swing ten votes in 30 hours, especially since scum would try and stall the wagon (why risk lynching and destruction when they can NK?). There is a distinct possibility that what ends up happening if we try and lynch Ben is the wagon starts and stalls/has proveable claim/doesnt build in time and then we cant even lynch SSK.

I am much more for the chance of taking out a note from SSK then from maybe ending up with no dead scum, no note, maybe a NK from SSK, and scum with a note from Ben reagardless of what we did. Worst case scenario weighs heavier then best case scenario, so im not for the Ben quicklynch.
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2894 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:03 am

Post by Benmage »

[quote="LlamaFluff"
There is a distinct possibility that what ends up happening if we try and lynch Ben is the wagon starts and stalls/has proveable claim/doesnt build in time and then we cant even lynch SSK.
[/quote]
gogo logic. I really don't want to claim. But this scenario sounds exactly like what would've happened.
magnus_orion
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2895 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:07 am

Post by magnus_orion »

Benmage wrote:
Kairyuu wrote:Mmk. Benmage pretty much just confessed to being a Shinigami. Time to die.

unvote

@all:
You’re an idiot Kai. If I wasn’t obv-town, and actually had a PR. I’d subtly ask the mod this in a pm. Jesus.
Kairyuu wrote: @Gorrad:
Lol, *cough* I’m a dumbass *cough*…
magnus_orion wrote: I willing to lynch benmage off of his question, but I'm not sure that that course of action is concievable within the amount of time we have left.
Absurd
Kairyuu wrote:@TheAdmiral:

This is so pathetic let’s do it!

Unvote
vote Benmage
In this thread, benmage's defense consists of nothing but ad hom attacks.
Show
Win-Loss
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2896 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:12 am

Post by Benmage »

magnus_orion wrote: In this thread, benmage's defense consists of nothing but ad hom attacks.
Not entirely true:
Benmage wrote: If I wasn’t obv-town, and actually had a PR. I’d subtly ask the mod this in a pm.
But other than ad hom, what else is there?
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2897 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:17 am

Post by MafiaSSK »

Unvote, vote Benmage
Call me "SSK, or "ssk". Mafia is my father.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2898 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:18 am

Post by Benmage »

See^^ I'm totally town.
magnus_orion
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2899 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:22 am

Post by magnus_orion »

Benmage wrote:
magnus_orion wrote: In this thread, benmage's defense consists of nothing but ad hom attacks.
Not entirely true:
Benmage wrote: If I wasn’t obv-town, and actually had a PR. I’d subtly ask the mod this in a pm.
But other than ad hom, what else is there?
A detailed explanation of what drove you to ask the question in the first place?
Show
Win-Loss

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”