Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:05 pm

Post by Zorblag »

Welcome to the game Special Ed. Out of curiosity, is it mostly MiteyMouse's code idea (which I'll talk about next) and the impression that I'm smart that are your reasons for suspecting me? Does it matter that I'm pretty sure that the only player now in the game who has played with me when I was scum is MiteyMouse?
MiteyMouse wrote:
Zorblag wrote:Herodotus, do you have any experience with Papa Zito? Same question in reverse to Papa Zito.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Zorblag...should this worry me? Let me explain to everyone else here what I mean. In Newbie 749, the Troll was replaced in and he was Scum with Albert B Rampage. He asked almost the same question to Albert who, was his Scum partner. He explained it in his post game analysis as a way to get a message to Albert. I'm not ready to vote for you yet Zorblag but, it is noted!
Not really. In that game I needed to get information from Albert B. Ramage about whether he wanted me to bus him on day two of a game in which he looked somewhat suspicious so I used that method of getting information from him as it was a simple way for him to lie which would be a reason to go through with the bus or tell the truth which would be a reason to hold back. Unless you're worried that I'm scum trying to decide whether or not I need to bus a Herodotus or Papa Zito partner on day one I don't think it should be that troubling. I do ask questions that I can verify in most of my games regardless of alignment.
TDC wrote:
Zorblag wrote:I meant we as a game there.
Second slip of that kind. Does this happen often to you?
Well, that one wasn't really a slip as I'm happy enough with how I said it; we probably have a quicktopic for this game that the scum are able to look at, replacements or otherwise.

The first one was a slip. I do makes slips in my typing from time to time. Most of the time people don't notice them (or at least don't bring them up) but I've been know to mix up the days I'm talking about, mix up cop and doc, mix up paranoid and naive and so forth. When I'm typing quickly it happens more often.

As for the worry that I'm taking control of the game I suppose I should take it as a compliment but really all that I'm trying to do right now is make sure that we're all fully aware of the implications of the setup. Others hadn't seemed inclined to do so before I got here so I'm going about it in a very blatant way.

We've had answers from most about who they would have exluded and why:

afatchic
:
TDC
MiteyMouse
nadroj15
Papa Zito
. (TDC to avoid them being the chosen, the others could have been chosen at random)

AshMC1984
: Would randomly generate to avoid WIFOM

BloodCovenent
:
ClockworkRuse
MiteyMouse
Nuwen
Papa Zito
(Papa Zito based on play, Nuwen based on amount of experience and the others also on experience to a lesser degree?)

Herodotus
:
afatchic
MiteyMouse
Nuwen
TDC
(based on impressions of experience and skill)

MiteyMouse
:
Papa Zito
afatchic
BloodCovenent
TDC
(Papa Zito for skill, afatchic for recognition, the others at random)

Papa Zito
:
afatchic
Nuwen
TDC
MiteyMouse
(Nuwen and TDC for being veteran players, afatchic for being active and drawing at least one night kill, MiteyMouse as others see her as town in general)

Raivann
:
Zorblag
afatchic
Nuwen
Papa Zito
(random as he doesn't know the players in the game)

TDC
:
Papa Zito
BloodCovenent
TDC
and one of
Nuwen
or
nadroj15
(
MiteyMouse
would be the alternate choice if that list contains two scum; Papa Zito, BloodCovenent and TDC were chosen based on lack of getting lynched as town. nadroj15 as a wildcard because of a very limited sample of games)

Zorblag
:
MiteyMouse
Nuwen
Papa Zito
and
TDC
(overall townie feel for their typical play;
BloodCovenent
would be the next choice based on his record of being lynched as town)

If I've got those wrong for anyone please do correct me.

It's noteworthy that although some said they were picking randomly their lists were still usually similar to those that were chosen for a reason. Of the lists and reasons given I'm most suspicious of AshMC1984 (as I said, scum would have no reason to want to eliminate WIFOM) and Raivann for giving a "random" list that looks so similar to the other lists people have given previously. That's a bit too neat given the other suspicions that people are voicing at this point but it absolutely helps the town now to try to participate in this process now to force the scum to try harder with their justifications so that we can look at them for flaws later if they flip.

Of the rest I think that afatchic gets some credit for giving his list first but I'd like to have seen more reasons from both him and MiteyMouse.

Here are the number of exclusions by game spot (this counts the choices of ClockworkRuse and Zorblag though I don't think that ClockworkRuse would have been one of the choices and I know that I wasn't as I joined the game after it had started):

Herodotus: 0
Special Ed: 0
BloodCovenent: 3
Zorblag: 3
afatchic: 5
MiteyMouse: 6
Raivann: 6
Papa Zito: 6
TDC: 6

I'm counting everyone that made the top four or tied for a spot or was given as an alternate. I didn't expect afatchic to show up as often and, frankly, I expected nadroj15 to show up less as someone with only one full game played on site. Other than that it's not too surprising.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:15 pm

Post by Zorblag »

Raivann, I continue to think that based on game dynamics alone that Herodotus is one of the worst lynches we could make, especially on the first day. Interestingly enough (given the connections people are seeing) Special Ed would be another lynch there's no way I could get behind today just because I think there's too great a chance for him to be the chosen.
Herodotus wrote:@MM:
Pointing out the part about Troll's question for me and PZ was good. Is there anyone else from that game in this game, or just Zorblag and yourself? Could someone link to it?

@Troll:
Why did you ask that question?
I asked it here because I was establishing who had connections with other players in the game at the time and something struck me as interesting about how Herodotus and Papa Zito were interacting. The game that MiteyMouse is talking about was NG 749 (and the place where I explained what it is I had done was Post 1007 in the second paragraph.)

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
MiteyMouse
MiteyMouse
He's too nICe
MiteyMouse
He's too nICe
He's too nICe

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:29 pm

Post by MiteyMouse »

Welcome to the game ED!!

Ok Zorblag...what do you propose the we do with this information?

If I remember correctly, you would like to get rid of the people with the most exclusions first...please correct me if I'm wrong here. Now, it is potentially a good plan but, a few issues with it that I'd like to voice.

Firstly, can we trust that everyone is telling the truth? Presuming that there are 2 Scum here, if they lied and put the choosen on both of their lists then we could be lining the choosen up to die.

Secondly, are we looking at lynching the people with the most exclusions as opposed to looking for the Scum or are we using this as a worst case scenario in case we can't decide on a lynch? I would personally rather have us look for Scum right now and perhaps, keep this in the back of our minds...and this could be because one of the people that I suspect the most is the one proposing it.

@Hohum...can the Scum talk during the Day?

no
The more I see, the less I know
The more I'd like to let it go.
MiteyMouse
MiteyMouse
He's too nICe
MiteyMouse
He's too nICe
He's too nICe

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:33 pm

Post by MiteyMouse »

Herodotus wrote:
@MM:
Pointing out the part about Troll's question for me and PZ was good. Is there anyone else from that game in this game, or just Zorblag and yourself? Could someone link to it?
http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10695
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:38 pm

Post by Zorblag »

We should be doing a combination of hunting for scum and trying to avoid lynching the chosen. The information helps because it gives us a more limited list of what I think are reasonable lynches than we would otherwise have. Even taking into account the scum potentially lying to throw off the lists (which I think they would do fairly selectively rather than for the whole list) there are solid enough trends there that the scum simply couldn't have forced the sort of pattern we ended up with. For today I think that I'm only interested in lynching one of MiteyMouse, Papa Zito, Raivann and TDC. Of those the one I think is scummiest thus far is Raivann so that's where my vote is.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Special Ed
Special Ed
Townie
Special Ed
Townie
Townie

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:01 pm

Post by Special Ed »

Zorblag wrote:Welcome to the game Special Ed. Out of curiosity, is it mostly MiteyMouse's code idea (which I'll talk about next) and the impression that I'm smart that are your reasons for suspecting me? Does it matter that I'm pretty sure that the only player now in the game who has played with me when I was scum is MiteyMouse?
Yes, your solid grasp of the game and Mitey's suspicion are part of what made me suspect you. The fact that you seem to be pushing the discussion toward Raivann and me being Scum is another given that I know you're half wrong (This only works for me, as you'll have no idea)

I'm usually a bit wary when experienced players try to guide Town too much. I know that sounds odd as that's exactly what I do on the sites where I'm considered experienced. That said, tehre's obviously a great deal of difference in play style between this site and where I usually play. Where I play, random votes are rare and frowned upon, not giving a reason for a vote in the same post in which you vote is also a big no-no. These things might explain why when people immigrate from here to there, they tend to get lynched early and often.

As I think on it, a great deal of my suspicion was OMGUS. To be honest, I read the game before getting my role, I was expecting to find myself being a Scum. I fully expected Ash to have seen the pressure mounting and deciding to opt out instead of staying and fighting.

I need more time to review quite a bit of data. Do we get regular vote counts here?
Zorblag wrote:
MiteyMouse wrote:
Zorblag wrote:Herodotus, do you have any experience with Papa Zito? Same question in reverse to Papa Zito.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Zorblag...should this worry me? Let me explain to everyone else here what I mean. In Newbie 749, the Troll was replaced in and he was Scum with Albert B Rampage. He asked almost the same question to Albert who, was his Scum partner. He explained it in his post game analysis as a way to get a message to Albert. I'm not ready to vote for you yet Zorblag but, it is noted!
Not really. In that game I needed to get information from Albert B. Ramage about whether he wanted me to bus him on day two of a game in which he looked somewhat suspicious so I used that method of getting information from him as it was a simple way for him to lie which would be a reason to go through with the bus or tell the truth which would be a reason to hold back. Unless you're worried that I'm scum trying to decide whether or not I need to bus a Herodotus or Papa Zito partner on day one I don't think it should be that troubling. I do ask questions that I can verify in most of my games regardless of alignment.
It seems quite plausible that you may have been trying to convey a message to a Scum buddy in this manner as well. Either who you'd like to see lynched or who you might think is the Chosen One. It does strike me as you sending a message. Or else why ask one specific person about one other specific person?

Zorblag wrote: We've had answers from most about who they would have exluded and why:

afatchic
:
TDC
MiteyMouse
nadroj15
Papa Zito
. (TDC to avoid them being the chosen, the others could have been chosen at random)

AshMC1984
: Would randomly generate to avoid WIFOM

BloodCovenent
:
ClockworkRuse
MiteyMouse
Nuwen
Papa Zito
(Papa Zito based on play, Nuwen based on amount of experience and the others also on experience to a lesser degree?)

Herodotus
:
afatchic
MiteyMouse
Nuwen
TDC
(based on impressions of experience and skill)

MiteyMouse
:
Papa Zito
afatchic
BloodCovenent
TDC
(Papa Zito for skill, afatchic for recognition, the others at random)

Papa Zito
:
afatchic
Nuwen
TDC
MiteyMouse
(Nuwen and TDC for being veteran players, afatchic for being active and drawing at least one night kill, MiteyMouse as others see her as town in general)

Raivann
:
Zorblag
afatchic
Nuwen
Papa Zito
(random as he doesn't know the players in the game)

TDC
:
Papa Zito
BloodCovenent
TDC
and one of
Nuwen
or
nadroj15
(
MiteyMouse
would be the alternate choice if that list contains two scum; Papa Zito, BloodCovenent and TDC were chosen based on lack of getting lynched as town. nadroj15 as a wildcard because of a very limited sample of games)

Zorblag
:
MiteyMouse
Nuwen
Papa Zito
and
TDC
(overall townie feel for their typical play;
BloodCovenent
would be the next choice based on his record of being lynched as town)

If I've got those wrong for anyone please do correct me.

It's noteworthy that although some said they were picking randomly their lists were still usually similar to those that were chosen for a reason. Of the lists and reasons given I'm most suspicious of AshMC1984 (as I said, scum would have no reason to want to eliminate WIFOM) and Raivann for giving a "random" list that looks so similar to the other lists people have given previously. That's a bit too neat given the other suspicions that people are voicing at this point but it absolutely helps the town now to try to participate in this process now to force the scum to try harder with their justifications so that we can look at them for flaws later if they flip.

Of the rest I think that afatchic gets some credit for giving his list first but I'd like to have seen more reasons from both him and MiteyMouse.

Here are the number of exclusions by game spot (this counts the choices of ClockworkRuse and Zorblag though I don't think that ClockworkRuse would have been one of the choices and I know that I wasn't as I joined the game after it had started):

Herodotus: 0
Special Ed: 0
BloodCovenent: 3
Zorblag: 3
afatchic: 5
MiteyMouse: 6
Raivann: 6
Papa Zito: 6
TDC: 6

I'm counting everyone that made the top four or tied for a spot or was given as an alternate. I didn't expect afatchic to show up as often and, frankly, I expected nadroj15 to show up less as someone with only one full game played on site. Other than that it's not too surprising.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
I can see the benefit for Ash to have said he'd pick randomly. No matter how the Scum pick, there will be WiFoM for the Town. Scum picking randomly doesn't end the WiFoM since Town will have no knowledge. Actually picking for the Scum might be a little WiFoMy as they'll have to think who the Town might think they picked and then maybe pick someone else though the Town might think that..etc.....So being random eliminates the WiFoM for the Scum and does nothing for the Town. Though, I don't really understand why one would do it that way. Faced with a choice to make, I readily refuse to be random about it.

Also, your list making does seem to detract from Scum hunting. It's really been a large portion of the focus of this game. Now, maybe there are interesting comments in how people chose to talk about this or avoid it, but I really don't think it should guide our scum hunting. There's a 22% chance of anyone being Scum no matter where on the list they fall. I'd hate to exclude or include people simply because of a list created by a group that includes our Scum.
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:04 pm

Post by Papa Zito »

Raivann wrote:I like my vote on Heredotus.
Then make a case.
Kappa
Just Monika
Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:25 pm

Post by Zorblag »

Special Ed wrote:As I think on it, a great deal of my suspicion was OMGUS. To be honest, I read the game before getting my role, I was expecting to find myself being a Scum. I fully expected Ash to have seen the pressure mounting and deciding to opt out instead of staying and fighting.
That's interesting. I don't recall particularly pushing for a Nuwen/AshMC1984 scum pair before you'd made your first post (I don't think that I have now though I've said more about it since). The reasons that I gave for voting Raivann or Nuwen (whoever was playing it at the time) involved Nuwen's vote for Archon when she should know better given the setup. I'm pretty sure that OMGUS as a reason to want to vote me in particular isn't that convincing to me.
Special Ed wrote:It seems quite plausible that you may have been trying to convey a message to a Scum buddy in this manner as well. Either who you'd like to see lynched or who you might think is the Chosen One. It does strike me as you sending a message. Or else why ask one specific person about one other specific person?
As I said earlier, I'm pretty sure based on the role PMs we can see in post 1 the mafia already knows who the chosen is. Beyond that, if I'm trying to send a coded message with this question then I've got to be doing it either using a system that the scum came up with before I joined the game (unless there's day talk allowed in which case sending messages in game is ludicrous) or it has to be simple enough in the available context to get an unambiguous point across like the situation MiteyMouse was referring to.

As for asking particular players that question, as I said, I was trying to establish connections and Herodotus had just replaced in after I had gone through the process. That and the play right at the time made the question worth asking in particular.
Special Ed wrote:Also, your list making does seem to detract from Scum hunting. It's really been a large portion of the focus of this game. Now, maybe there are interesting comments in how people chose to talk about this or avoid it, but I really don't think it should guide our scum hunting. There's a 22% chance of anyone being Scum no matter where on the list they fall. I'd hate to exclude or include people simply because of a list created by a group that includes our Scum.
If we never lynch the chosen one we can never lose. I'm happy putting as much of the effort into determining who that is as I have given that others don't seem to be doing it. I am still looking at what people are doing and trying to find scum but I'm not going to let a major game mechanic go unexploited because we didn't pay enough attention to it.

Actually, the lists are a bit helpful strictly in terms of scum hunting as well. Taking a look at Raivann's list, she gives me as one of her responses. I was not on the list that I asked her to choose between as I wouldn't have been one of those the scum was choosing between (I joined after the game started.) As MiteyMouse said, there's a reason to think that the scum would put the chosen on their list. As I said the mafia should have knowledge of who the chosen is based on their PM. That Zorblag showed up on Raivann's list increases her chance of being scum slightly (based on the fact that if I am the chosen and she knows it she would want to list me.)

Further, and probably more than that, if Raivann flips scum my chance of being the chosen goes up. Of course that's relying a bit on what I think is likely a bit of a dearth of experience for Raivann.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Special Ed
Special Ed
Townie
Special Ed
Townie
Townie

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:32 pm

Post by Special Ed »

Zorblag wrote: As I said earlier, I'm pretty sure based on the role PMs we can see in post 1 the mafia already knows who the chosen is. Beyond that, if I'm trying to send a coded message with this question then I've got to be doing it either using a system that the scum came up with before I joined the game (unless there's day talk allowed in which case sending messages in game is ludicrous) or it has to be simple enough in the available context to get an unambiguous point across like the situation MiteyMouse was referring to.
Yeah, I hadn't gotten back to that. I see what you mean now. I did read the Day in about 45 minutes, so my first impressions were definitely my first impressions.

I do like that you're encouraging talk.
Special Ed
Special Ed
Townie
Special Ed
Townie
Townie

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:36 pm

Post by Special Ed »

Zorblag wrote:
Special Ed wrote:As I think on it, a great deal of my suspicion was OMGUS. To be honest, I read the game before getting my role, I was expecting to find myself being a Scum. I fully expected Ash to have seen the pressure mounting and deciding to opt out instead of staying and fighting.
That's interesting. I don't recall particularly pushing for a Nuwen/AshMC1984 scum pair before you'd made your first post (I don't think that I have now though I've said more about it since). The reasons that I gave for voting Raivann or Nuwen (whoever was playing it at the time) involved Nuwen's vote for Archon when she should know better given the setup. I'm pretty sure that OMGUS as a reason to want to vote me in particular isn't that convincing to me.
You are correct. It was Herodotus who did that in a conversation with you. I'm in the process of doing a more thorough re-read, but I am alive in 3 other games on other sites at the moment, but fortunately 2 of them just went into Night.
BloodCovenent
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:47 pm

Post by BloodCovenent »

Oh no, my apologies, i thought Zorblag was Korblag for some reason. Please, ha ha, note that when reading. I intend Kor to mean Zor, short for Zorblag.
Herodotus
Herodotus
Black Ops
Herodotus
Black Ops
Black Ops

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:51 pm

Post by Herodotus »

It seems to me that the only person who would have been likely to understand a message out of Zorblag's question is probably MiteyMouse. If Troll is scum, he could not have talked with his partner in the pregame because he joined as a replacement, so his partner wouldn't have any reason (that I can see) to infer any particular message from it.
MM's reaction was to point it out and says she is suspicious of Troll because of it. But I don't see any reason based on MM's earlier posts why Troll would have wanted her to bus him.

@BC:
Oh. In context I thought it referred to me because PZ and I have stated a town read on each other.
Herodotus
Herodotus
Black Ops
Herodotus
Black Ops
Black Ops

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:00 pm

Post by Herodotus »

@Special Ed:
What would your list of four players to exclude from being the Chosen be (assuming the list here is what the scum were looking at?)
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:08 pm

Post by Zorblag »

Hmm, actually, in an attempt to put 2 and 2 and 3 together to make sure I get 7, Special Ed, how did you learn about the opening in this game? Who in the game do you have previous experience with? I have reason to think that you must be familiar with hohum from another context (the other place(s) you play mafia springs to mind) and I wonder if you don't know MiteyMouse from somewhere as well. It doesn't help me decide if you're scum but it helps me get my bearings with you.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Special Ed
Special Ed
Townie
Special Ed
Townie
Townie

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:29 pm

Post by Special Ed »

Herodotus wrote:@Special Ed:
What would your list of four players to exclude from being the Chosen be (assuming the list here is what the scum were looking at?)
Honestly, I would have deferred to my scum buddy to make the list. I'm only familiar with Mitey from other sites, and I'm completely unfamiliar with this site.

Barring that, I would have picked 4 people whimsically but not picked Mitey, feeling that I might be able to use my knowledge of her game play to influence people to vote for her at some point.

But I'm not sure that's important at all because I couldn't have aprticipated in creating the list.
Special Ed
Special Ed
Townie
Special Ed
Townie
Townie

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:31 pm

Post by Special Ed »

Zorblag wrote:Hmm, actually, in an attempt to put 2 and 2 and 3 together to make sure I get 7, Special Ed, how did you learn about the opening in this game? Who in the game do you have previous experience with? I have reason to think that you must be familiar with hohum from another context (the other place(s) you play mafia springs to mind) and I wonder if you don't know MiteyMouse from somewhere as well. It doesn't help me decide if you're scum but it helps me get my bearings with you.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
I apologize. I'm quite familiar with mitey from games on Facebook, Straight Dope, Giraffe, and Idlemafia, and Did you play in that game on Domebo too, Mitey?
Special Ed
Special Ed
Townie
Special Ed
Townie
Townie

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:32 pm

Post by Special Ed »

Zorblag wrote:Hmm, actually, in an attempt to put 2 and 2 and 3 together to make sure I get 7, Special Ed, how did you learn about the opening in this game? Who in the game do you have previous experience with? I have reason to think that you must be familiar with hohum from another context (the other place(s) you play mafia springs to mind) and I wonder if you don't know MiteyMouse from somewhere as well. It doesn't help me decide if you're scum but it helps me get my bearings with you.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
And I don't think I know hohum, Mitey would have mentioned it to me if I did. She sent me a private message on Facebook alerting me. I would recommend a few of those sites for playing, but not facebook. It's like mafia for those with a junior high mentality.
Herodotus
Herodotus
Black Ops
Herodotus
Black Ops
Black Ops

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:55 pm

Post by Herodotus »

Special Ed wrote:Knowing my alignment, I, of course, view with suspicion the case built against me.
Special Ed wrote:To be honest, I read the game before getting my role, I was expecting to find myself being a Scum. I fully expected Ash to have seen the pressure mounting and deciding to opt out instead of staying and fighting.
If you had replaced another player, and that player was town, the second quote seems to imply that you would have expected that Ash was scum. Why do you view the case on you/Ash with suspicion if you apparently would have agreed with it as a townie without access to Ash's role PM? Do you have more information that would suggest that the case on you would more likely be pursued by the scum rather than a townie with the same impression of Ash's play? Specifically, are you the Chosen?
Special Ed
Special Ed
Townie
Special Ed
Townie
Townie

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:01 pm

Post by Special Ed »

Herodotus wrote:
Special Ed wrote:Knowing my alignment, I, of course, view with suspicion the case built against me.
Special Ed wrote:To be honest, I read the game before getting my role, I was expecting to find myself being a Scum. I fully expected Ash to have seen the pressure mounting and deciding to opt out instead of staying and fighting.
If you had replaced another player, and that player was town, the second quote seems to imply that you would have expected that Ash was scum. Why do you view the case on you/Ash with suspicion if you apparently would have agreed with it as a townie without access to Ash's role PM? Do you have more information that would suggest that the case on you would more likely be pursued by the scum rather than a townie with the same impression of Ash's play? Specifically, are you the Chosen?
You are correct. If I subbed in as someone else, I would probably be buying into the Ash is Scum theory. As I know Ash was not Scum, I'm not buying it. My initial reaction was to suspect the case against Ash/me. I've already admitted it was a bit OMGUSish. (Your quote started right after I said that in fact. It might look different as
My PM stated that it was possible that I was the Chosen One, but I don't know if I am.
TDC
TDC
Mafia Scum
TDC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:36 pm

Post by TDC »

TDC wrote:
BloodCovenent wrote:
TDC wrote:
BloodCovenent wrote:Mighty Mouse : Joined: 18 Sep 2008
Nadroj15 : Joined: 25 Apr 2009
afatchick : Joined: 04 Aug 2008

Meant to write AfatChick Accidentally deleted the wrong one when I copied the list from post number 1.
How do I fit into that picture? My join date predates any of the three, yet my result is the same as nadroj's.
Not sure, was just going down the list, didn't really research anyone's games or anything. I've heard that you were a relatively pro-town player. I'd rather have players in the keep category that were known to be clumsy and make mistakes, or ones that i have no knowledge about.
This is still making no sense, because you put me in the keep category.
Based on what you've just said (and the earlier join date argument) I should've been in other.
I'm not really sure what your motiviation would be to mislabel me, but still.
This is still bugging me, and I don't think you've replied to it.

I agree that Raivann's list doesn't look all that random.

I also agree that the mafia's power to influence the list Troll has compiled is limited. For it to be hugely inaccurate, they would've needed to purposely reverse select the excluded.
Which, as I said, is something I would, if from anyone, expect from Nuwen. Raivann's "random" list kind of ties into that.
It allows him not to give reasons for his choices and still further the current trend (which if they reverse selected, is exactly what he'd want to do).

unvote
, I think I was still voting Archon.

Can we have a vote count?
afatchic
afatchic
Mafia Scum
afatchic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:45 pm

Post by afatchic »

@ Zorblag- I was quite surprised to see i was excluded that many times in your list. I find that pretty odd, as i have been caring less in a lot of my games and getting lynched pretty often. :(

Also @ Zorblag- This creates Wifom, but do you think the scum were honest with their lists? I would have to say i don't think so, if they were smart. If they were in fact honest about it, we could use process of elimination and figure out the scum by the end.

@ MOD- Votecount please?!
Show
Now taking sign ups:
The Fast and the Furious Mafia (Mini Theme)(11 spots left)

Upcoming Games:
The Bible Experience Mafia (Mini Theme)

Crazy Cops Mafia (Open Game)

Pre-In's are welcome for any of them.
MiteyMouse
MiteyMouse
He's too nICe
MiteyMouse
He's too nICe
He's too nICe

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:41 pm

Post by MiteyMouse »

Special Ed wrote:

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
I apologize. I'm quite familiar with mitey from games on Facebook, Straight Dope, Giraffe, and Idlemafia, and Did you play in that game on Domebo too, Mitey?
No Ed...I actually haven't played at Straight Dope either.

Sorry guys, I probably should have mentioned that Ed and I know each other.
hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:51 pm

Post by hohum »

Official Vote Count

1 Herodotus: Raivann
0 Special Ed:
1 BloodCovenent: afatchic
0 afatchic:
1 MiteyMouse: BloodCovenent
0 Zorblag:
3 Raivann: Zorblag Herodotus Papa Zito
0 Papa Zito: MiteyMouse
0 TDC:

With 9 Alive it takes 5 to Lynch.
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:04 pm

Post by Zorblag »

OK, that connection between MiteyMouse and Special Ed does make things clearer, thank you.

@afatchic, I hope that I didn't come across as dismissive of your play when I said that I didn't expect you to show up on that many people's exclusion lists. I can be an ass without realizing that I'm doing it. I simply didn't think that many people would find you a poor candidate for a lynchee given what I saw when I looked at your games. You don't strike me as overly hard to lynch which is what I think that the scum would have been trying to avoid.

As for how much I expect the scum to lie about their lists, I can't be sure about it but I suspect that they would have motivation to give lists that were mostly accurate. Those that were excluded would have been excluded because the scum wouldn't want to deal with being forced to lynch them. Those that most people say would be on their exclusion lists should be the people the town should be more inclined to consider lynching if we're paying attention to the game dynamics. Other than possibly including the chosen on their list the scum don't have any motivation to lie about the bulk of who they listed.

It looks like Special Ed and TDC are the only ones who aren't voting at this time according to the last vote count. TDC just unvoted; I wonder who his top suspect is at the moment and why he's not voting. Special Ed just joined the game; I'd like to see a reasoned vote when he feels he's had the chance to get caught up. The votes that people cast at this stage in the game are valuable down the line for analysis so I like to see where people are willing to commit.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Special Ed
Special Ed
Townie
Special Ed
Townie
Townie

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:17 pm

Post by Special Ed »

So this game is a simple majority vote to lynch right now. Is there a defined point when deadlines are imposed? If a deadline isn't approaching, then a vote for anyone aside from Raivann is meaningless from me right now. And a vote for Raivann puts her(??I think??) at Hammer -1

I have to admit, this site is full of very odd strategies to me. I'm getting the most pings from Zorblag and Herodotus, but I think that;s because the are contributing greatly and seem to be trying to lead the Town toward a decision. In itself, that's a null tell.

Also at this point, unless Rainvann is a Scum, it's obviously in Scum's best interest to just act as they do when Town. And even if she is Scum, a bus isn't out of the question in a game so small without Town power roles.

What I would like, at this point, if it's not too much trouble, is a couple of sentences from everyone. First describing your experience with Mafia on this site and i total, as well as some general impressions on how Day 1 usually goes here.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”