Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #1025 (ISO) » Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:08 am

Post by Thesp »

WOOHOO!!!!!

AA23, are you willing to listen to what people have to say today? I really don't want to ignore you today, I think today is too important.

Vote count

Nothing yet...
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -
Reiner Knizia

Ask me about my automatic votecounter, and how you can use it in
your
game!
Check out my 15 minutes of fame on Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me!
hewitt
hewitt
Mafia Scum
hewitt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1026 (ISO) » Sat Jul 18, 2009 6:19 pm

Post by hewitt »

Vote: Empking

For self-preservation reasons. I'm fairly certain he's not town with me so if anything is going to go down tie-breaker/whatever at least I'll be comforted that the person I think most likely to be the wolf has the first vote.
Show
RECORD

Town-Win- 2
Town-NightKilled-Loss- 3
Town-Loss- 4
Mafia-Win- 1
Mafia-Loss- 3

Team Win Percentage- 23.08%
Basically...my teams usually lose. How fun is that!
AA23
AA23
Goon
AA23
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1027 (ISO) » Sun Jul 19, 2009 1:52 am

Post by AA23 »

Thesp - this in no way proves your innocence and I will never take my suspicion of you being Mafia away - - you're a villain in my books.

There was nothing wong with the Sotty lynch. The evidence was there, the defenses were weak, and there was no alternative case. On top of which, the players in action were ignorant and emotional - - this unfortunate towny death was a result of people not being able to handle the pressure and form a more appropriate case. I stand by that. The Sotty case was sound.

That having been said, I'll be back with the results of my re-read later - I'm V/LA for a couple days
"But There's A Cold Wind Coming From The Highest Of High Rises Today"
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #1028 (ISO) » Sun Jul 19, 2009 3:48 am

Post by Thesp »

AA23 wrote:Thesp - this in no way proves your innocence and I will never take my suspicion of you being Mafia away - - you're a villain in my books.

There was nothing wong with the Sotty lynch. The evidence was there, the defenses were weak, and there was no alternative case. On top of which, the players in action were ignorant and emotional - - this unfortunate towny death was a result of people not being able to handle the pressure and form a more appropriate case. I stand by that. The Sotty case was sound.

That having been said, I'll be back with the results of my re-read later - I'm V/LA for a couple days
So should I take this as a "no"?

I'm not suggesting in any way that this "proves" or verifies myself as pro-town in any way. I am suggesting that it indicates that perhaps you should listen to what other people have to say, as they may have insights into things that you may or may not see. You continually ignored*
reasonable
suggestions that there were indications that Sotty7 was specifically not a member of dejkha's group. To suggest today that there was
nothing wrong
with the Sotty7 lynch is downright scary.

If you're not going to take into account what other people say, there's really no point in playing with you. You are a burden to the town in every way and have played incredibly anti-town, and it makes me distraught that I think you are a townie. I'm almost at the point that I hope we lose (if indeed I am correct about your alignment).

I need to go back and take a look at Empking and hewitt to see which one I think is more likely to be scum. I'm not going to ignore AA23 in this, either. I need to ensure I'm not tunnelvisioning in any direction.

hewitt, who else do you think is scum? Do you think Empking is specifically a wolf? This is important. I don't want to spend all day with you dodging questions again.

* It would be one thing if you had read what people said about the Sotty7 wagon and other people, you had considered what they said with respect, then disagreed. This does not appear to be what you have done.
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -
Reiner Knizia

your
game!
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #1029 (ISO) » Sun Jul 19, 2009 5:56 am

Post by Thesp »

Empking wrote:Open 134 - Dejkha has support so he sticks on me.

Mini 757 - Dejkha has no support so he lreaves me.
Also, I read through these two games, and I don't think they really offer the sort of insight you're suggesting they do. In Open 134, dejkha's participation lasts an entirety of 17 hours, which doesn't seem long enough to get a good sampling of his behavior. In Mini 757, he seems to be deliberate and thoughtful on the game, and doesn't even bring you up much outside of the beginning. It's a stark contrast to this game where he continually mentions you.
Reiner Knizia

your
game!
hewitt
hewitt
Mafia Scum
hewitt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1030 (ISO) » Sun Jul 19, 2009 12:48 pm

Post by hewitt »

If Empking is scum I do specifically think he's wolf. Mainly on part of his relationship with dejkha this game and yesterday I found something really interesting and scummy on his part...
Empking wrote:Sotty: If you cange your vote to Thesp, I will too.

(Thesp is acting very much like Mafia and I don't want him to win with a double lynch.)
Show
RECORD

Town-Win- 2
Town-NightKilled-Loss- 3
Town-Loss- 4
Mafia-Win- 1
Mafia-Loss- 3

AA23
AA23
Goon
AA23
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1031 (ISO) » Sun Jul 19, 2009 6:53 pm

Post by AA23 »

Thesp - - you're telling me I should listen to what other people have to say.

The other people are two suspected scum, and the person who was targetted by the wagon - - and they had
nothing
to say.

I asked repeatedly for the Emp case, all I got was whining. It's one thing to say and preach, it is another to prove. This game required proof.
---------------------------------------------------

Vote:Emp

Dej played emotional and poorly. There is mostly null tells on Hewitt, and he was Dej's first pick top of one of the days, and Kham/Thesp strike me as mafiascum. In light of a seemingly more guilty and appropriate wolf (sotty) flipping town, it seems fitting to vote Emp seeing as the emotional and irresponsible Dej chose
not
to utility/easy lynch him sooner.
hewitt
hewitt
Mafia Scum
hewitt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1032 (ISO) » Sun Jul 19, 2009 7:12 pm

Post by hewitt »

Oh I forgot to mention that I'm not sure who the town player is. I thought it was AA23 on D4 but after his first post today I'm back to square one.
Show
RECORD

Town-Win- 2
Town-NightKilled-Loss- 3
Town-Loss- 4
Mafia-Win- 1
Mafia-Loss- 3

Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #1033 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:29 am

Post by Thesp »

I apologize for the forthcoming wall, but I think it's necessary.
AA23 wrote:Thesp - - you're telling me I should listen to what other people have to say.

The other people are two suspected scum, and the person who was targetted by the wagon - - and they had
nothing
to say.

I asked repeatedly for the Emp case, all I got was whining. It's one thing to say and preach, it is another to prove. This game required proof.
You're insane. Here's "proof".

Yesterday, a number of times, people said things which directly related to why they thought Empking was potentially scum, and specifically scum with dejkha:
Thesp wrote:Actually, if there's any "bussing", dejkha looks like he's anti-
you
the whole time, but never puts forth a serious attack on you, votes you only when goaded by Percy on it, and hops off your wagon the moment Percy leaves it. It looks far more like dejkha wanted to look like he was hostile towards you, while not doing anything to seriously threaten your survival.

Unvote: Sotty7.

Empking may be the better play today. I need to re-read.
Sotty7 wrote:
Thesp Post 800 wrote:Actually, if there's any "bussing", dejkha looks like he's anti-
you
the whole time, but never puts forth a serious attack on you, votes you only when goaded by Percy on it, and hops off your wagon the moment Percy leaves it. It looks far more like dejkha wanted to look like he was hostile towards you, while not doing anything to seriously threaten your survival.

Unvote: Sotty7.

Empking may be the better play today. I need to re-read.
Very much this. I think emp could be the play today.
hewitt (!!!!!) wrote:The whole dejkha was bussing AA thing is absolutely stupid in my opinion. I agree the dejkha was anti-Empking without setting up a serious attack on him. I'm pretty sure Empking is his partner.

Vote: Empking
Thesp wrote:
AA23 wrote:Right now, I'm targetting Sotty with more tangable evidence attached to educated reasoning and logical application (basically, existing "hard" evidece starting with the dirty hammer, and me attaching it to theory)

Whereas the Emp notion is purely speculation and theory that is
void
of substantial evidence to the degree upon Sotty.

I cannot urge this enough - - - Mix(Sotty) is the more appropriate candidate for a lynch - his case is based on suspicion, theory, and actually actions that indicate not only villain, but through relationships, that he is wolf. Emp is purely thoughts and air - - speculation.
It seems a little naive to suggest that the case against Sotty7 is the only case with sound reasoning behind it. One of the strongest aspects of it is that dejkha talks about Empking in a hostile manner the whole game, yet seems to try to avoid having anything substantive come about from it. In fact, he relies on his "meta" of hating Emp to show hostility, which couples as a mild deterrent to anyone else getting on an Empking wagon, since dejkha's reasoning is
prima facie
crap. Furthermore, Empking never makes any significant push towards dejkha, and in the past few days has been getting more and more irrational and reclusive.

I'm having a hard time how you see that as "purely speculation and theory that is
void
of substantial evidence to the degree upon Sotty". I don't think that's intellectually responsible.

AA23, which do you think is more likely for scum to do: (A) Aggressively oppose the lynch of their partner; or (B) Ignore pressure on their partner, hope it goes away, and steer it elsewhere?
(Note: AA23, you never answered this.) (Actually, rereading further, you did, with "every circumstance is different", which is a crap answer and antithetical to finding scum while playing mafia. Nevermind.)
hewitt wrote:Honestly I don't have hard evidence on why Empking is a wolf. However, I believe the way dejkha acted towards Empking was shockingly out of character and implies a scum connection. I thought this before dejkha was modkilled and I'm reinforced by that with the knowledge that dejkha was a wolf. The weak pursuit against Empking and quick abandonment by dejkha showed to me scum who is attempting to not make ties with his scum partner but it was so out of character with how he normally reacts to Empking that I can't ignore it. I agree, AA23, that the Sotty case is strong and compelling. But I'm much more convinced that Empking is scum than Sotty at the moment.
Thesp wrote:
AA23 wrote:3. Dej also persued Hewitt. He did so top of the day. I don't think Emp or Hewitt are his partners.
Can you point out to me where Dejkha pursued Empking with any sense of real pursuit?
It seems to me that dejkha was blowing a lot of smoke without actually pushing for an Empking lynch - it looks more like he
wanted to look like he'd lynch Empking
more than he actually wanted to lynch Empking. Sotty7 rightly noted this:
Percy wrote:
dejkha 728 wrote:Then I invite you to join me on the Empking wagon, otherwise I'll have to decline your invitation. And I never (ever) said there was a better-than-average chance of Emp being scum or town, I said everything he does is null.
You
invite
me
?!

I am voting Empking. You are not. Why aren't you?

We don't need a werewolf lynch today, though it is preferable to relying on one tomorrow. If you want Empking out of the endgame, you need to lynch him today.

FoS: dejkha

I'm happy with a lynch of Empking, and I'm finding dejkha's avoidance of the 'vote for Empking!' argument I've forwarded concerning. I'm the only one talking about Empking at the moment, now that I think about it, and that really bothers me.
dejkha repeatedly goes out of his way to say both that (a) he would lynch Empking, and (b) Empking is not likelier to be scum than any other player. It seems to me that he's looking as though he's hostile to Empking, while trying to push others away from the wagon by assering that Empking isn't any likelier to be scum. That makes
crazy good sense as partner play
When it comes down to actually trying to lynch Empking, Percy has to goad dejkha into voting him. Furthermore, dejkha jumps off the Empking vote the moment Percy does.
His excuse is that it's because an empking lynch didn't otherwise have a chance, but that doesn't seem to have stopped him from making votes before.
Thesp, emphasis added wrote:
AA23 wrote:Thesp - - my final statement on Emp is that he is not partners with Dej. I feel their relationship was characteristic.
I also feel any case on him is theoretical and airy because I've yet to see any EVIDENCE brought up against him (the evidence I asked you for....) - - - It's a bunch of "I think" statements based on little to nothing - - whereas the Mix/Sotty case is based on the scumhammer and interaction with Dej.
I'm sorry, you keep saying this, but you haven't addressed what people have said:
Thesp wrote:
AA23 wrote:3. Dej also persued Hewitt. He did so top of the day. I don't think Emp or Hewitt are his partners.
Can you point out to me where Dejkha pursued Empking with any sense of real pursuit?
It seems to me that dejkha was blowing a lot of smoke without actually pushing for an Empking lynch - it looks more like he
wanted to look like he'd lynch Empking
more than he actually wanted to lynch Empking. Sotty7 rightly noted this:
Percy wrote:
dejkha 728 wrote:Then I invite you to join me on the Empking wagon, otherwise I'll have to decline your invitation. And I never (ever) said there was a better-than-average chance of Emp being scum or town, I said everything he does is null.
You
invite
me
?!

I am voting Empking. You are not. Why aren't you?

We don't need a werewolf lynch today, though it is preferable to relying on one tomorrow. If you want Empking out of the endgame, you need to lynch him today.

FoS: dejkha

I'm happy with a lynch of Empking, and I'm finding dejkha's avoidance of the 'vote for Empking!' argument I've forwarded concerning. I'm the only one talking about Empking at the moment, now that I think about it, and that really bothers me.
dejkha repeatedly goes out of his way to say both that (a) he would lynch Empking, and (b) Empking is not likelier to be scum than any other player. It seems to me that he's looking as though he's hostile to Empking, while trying to push others away from the wagon by assering that Empking isn't any likelier to be scum. That makes
crazy good sense as partner play
When it comes down to actually trying to lynch Empking, Percy has to goad dejkha into voting him. Furthermore, dejkha jumps off the Empking vote the moment Percy does.
His excuse is that it's because an empking lynch didn't otherwise have a chance, but that doesn't seem to have stopped him from making votes before.
Can you address this? I think this is the heart of the Empking line of thought. You keep insisting that no evidence has been brought - are you suggesting that the quoted text here is factually incorrect, have you overlooked it, or is it something else?
I'm terribly confused.

Can you also show me where dejkha pursued Empking with any real sense of pursuit? I missed your response to this.
Thesp wrote:
AA23 wrote:Thesp - you're asking me to point out where Dejkha persued Emp with "any real sense of persuit" - -

I'm not qualified to say the sate of his mind, and I'm suspicious that you would stoop to a loaded question - - I felt they were characteristic because of his BEHAVIOR toward him - Not for persuit.
I'm not asking you to divine dejkha's state of mind. I'm looking at you to make your best guess at dejkha's state of mind based on his actions towards Empking throughout the game. (That's how we play mafia, right?) I'm asking you to pretty please find an instance where dejkha made actions that were actually likely to lead to the lynch of Empking. You have stated on multiple occasions that you don't think Empking is scum with dejkha because of the hostility dejkha exhibited towards Empking. I am asserting that dejkha's hostility was staged and insubstantial, and there was no actual threat to Empking from dejkha. I am furthermore asking you to back up your assertion that dejkha exhibited actual hostility (from a game standpoint, not from being-a-jerk standpoint) towards Empking. It is this precise dichotomy, that dejkha pretends to be hostile to Empking without
actually
being hostile, that is characteristic among scumpartners and a significant (but not sole) indicator of Empking's partnership with dejkha.
Thesp, strike-through correction of names mine wrote:
Empking wrote:
Thesp wrote:
Empking wrote:Thesp if you're mafia and not with Sotty, you should vote soctty.
Even if I was mafia, I'm not sure I should trust your advice. ;) (Any particular reason the advice is specific to me being mafia as opposed to being a wolf?)
As the mafia has less to lose.

Thesp, are you suspicious of me because Djhka reacted to me like Dejhka always reacts with me. Or that Dejhka was leaving me alive because I suck really bad?
Dejkha made a big deal of saying he wanted to lynch you, but made no actual significant movement towards you. When given the opportunity, he had to be
pushed
into voting for you. The moment he could plausibly do so (when Percy unvoted), he left the wagon. These actions are
incredibly consistent
with how partners interact in-thread - they want to appear as though they are willing to lynch their partner scum, while in reality it is the last thing they want to do.

There are other things that give me great concern about you in the past couple of days, including your lack of hunting/participation when suspicion and concern largely came off you, and your bizarre entry into today attacking AA23 for bussing (which I cannot in my wildest dreams fathom) which appears to be testing the waters as to who is lynchable and who is not. It is
Percy
dejkha's interaction with you specifically, however, that makes me think you're scum with him.
You never did address whether you thought this was factually incorrect, whether you'd overlooked it, or if it was something else.

Then, AA23, you repeatedly refused to answer questions that you thought might indicate anything remotely contrary to your already determined conclusion:
Thesp wrote:What do you think of Empking entering today asserting that your interactions with dejkha appeared to be "bussing"?
Thesp wrote:AA23, what do you think it says of Sotty7 that he had the opportunity to hammer Empking today, and chose not to?
Thesp wrote:Can you point out to me where Dejkha pursued Empking with any sense of real pursuit?
AA23 wrote:Thesp - you're asking me to point out where Dejkha persued Emp with "any real sense of persuit" - -

I'm not qualified to say the sate of his mind, and I'm suspicious that you would stoop to a loaded question - - I felt they were characteristic because of his BEHAVIOR toward him - Not for persuit.
AA23 wrote:Awwwww - I'm sorry if you feel neglected when I don't answer LOADED QUESTIONS.
AA23, emphasis original wrote:And
stop with your obvious and weak leading questions

you keep pushing this "What do you think of Sotty not hammering Emp"

Almost every player (notably a crapload of confirmed pro-town players) have said at several points in the game that they don't think you listen or appreciate other perspectives:
Sotty7 wrote:But the fact he won't even think about the side is enough to make my head hurt.
Sotty7 wrote:Hewitt, what do you think about AA ignoring all the rest of the players and just tunneling on me?
hewitt wrote:I can't say I approve of AA23's tunneling but it's been pretty consistent with his playstyle all throughout this game and it's consistent with how I've played with him before.
Sotty7 wrote:So yeah. By all means get off your soapbox and present more of a case so we can actually play mafia. Because right now it seems more about who's bullshit is easier to swallow with you.

It's not fun, it's not cleaver, it's irritating and you are the black hole of this game, sucking all the fun and actual playability that surrounds this game we all like to play. More often than not, your posts are full of such double talk and ridiculous leaps and conclusions that I find it hard that anyone takes what you say seriously. Thesp is already ignoring you and I am pretty damn close to doing that. Do you really think this way of playing helps you? Regardless of your alignment people not listening to you is detrimental.
Dust wrote:The problem I see, AA, with all of your theories, is that if you hold me as scum in all of them, than you're intentionally blocking yourself from a view of the game that could be, and is, more illuminating. Because as you said, I'm doomed, no matter what happens next. You need to be prepared for the opportunity that I might, and will, flip town, so that all of your theories are not pointless when my death occurs.

Consider the other possibilities: who is incriminated if I'm innocent?

Now, I'm not saying that holding me as your One True Scum is bad, even if it is incorrect, but I'd like you to consider the other side, even if you don't change your mind on your strongest opinions (such as the ones on Empking). Your thoughts, even briefly, on the alternatives as you see them would be greatly appreciated.
Mixologist wrote:The fact that you are saying that I haven't answered your question means you failed to read 440. Let me show you.
Mixologist wrote:Ace is scum so bad it hurts. He is blatantly ignoring this game. Why? There is -zero- pressure on him to contribute. As long as he isn't under any pressure to contribute, he will continue to actively lurk.

Look back at the end of D1. Ace, again, was under -zero- pressure as everyone was focusing in on zwet. Percy and I, again, were the only ones voting him.
Let me say again. There is -zero- pressure on Ace to post. That is why he isn't. I'm not going to let someone who I think is scum fly under the radar. That is why I pursued Ace.

Also 440 does have questions.
Mixologist wrote:The people you are accusing me of dirtly hoping behind, Ash and hewitt, are now shamelessly hoping on behind you. What do you make of that? Also, re-reading you AA, it should said that speaking in absolutes like you are concerning me actually implicate you. Saying that someone is 100% scum when you are not an investigative role implies that you have knowledge that the rest of us don't. Saying that implies that you are scum. Are you scum?
(In a quick re-read of your exchange with Mixologist, it looks eerily familiar - you kept insisting to him that he hadn't presented evidence, when indeed he had. You were arguing strenuously over the scumminess of a now-confirmed townie.)
Percy wrote:Almost all of what you said is completely unsound. It amazes me how much time and effort you have put in to the above post. It is based on a selective view of the facts, all to make your new "hypothesis" work.
Percy, emphasis original wrote:You have a theory, based on a hypothesis. It's a stupid theory, and unwarranted, stupid hypothesis. You spend more time in each post defending these ever-shifting theories in the face of obvious, rather than trying to look at the game outside of your tunnelled views. Every time you change your theory, you
demand
to be taken seriously, when you haven't shown a clear line of thought between your positions. It's like you sit at your keyboard and tap whatever floats through your brain, heedless of anything that's gone on in the game unless it confirms with whatever theory you most recently remember. You misrepresent, twist and lie your way into whatever sounds like the most convenient explanation. You are also incredibly defensive.

Yet you try to paint yourself as the best, most pro-town, logic-lovin' poster there is. And you really believe that it's true.

It makes me want to
cry
Sotty7 wrote:My impression of AA is conflicted. He has flashes of goodness but more often then not he has me shaking my head and wondering how he gets to the points he gets too. I think he twists and misreps people to suit him and his suspicions at the time instead of the other way around.
It is disrespectful when you willfully disregard what others say. This is not an isolated thought of one or two people thinking you aren't listening and these few people being scum or being emotional or playing poorly.
This is a trend.
People have consistently said that you ignore what they are saying. Now, you could write this off as a bunch of people being irrational, emotional, incorrect, or otherwise deluded. However, perhaps it would be worthwhile to sit back, take a deep breath, and ponder whether there might be some truth to what everyone is saying. I'm pretty positive that unless you change some of your ways, most of the people playing in this game are going to try and steer clear of games you're in. That's not good for you, and it's not good for the overall health of the site. I hope that when this game is done, you do some serious introspection, and consider how you might best be productive to the game.

That said, I also believe Empking is likeliest to be wolf.
Vote: Empking.

I'll withhold further comment until tomorrow. (Presuming there is a tomorrow.)
Reiner Knizia

your
game!
hewitt
hewitt
Mafia Scum
hewitt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1034 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:52 am

Post by hewitt »

Woot okay so here comes the verdict...

And if there's a tomorrow AA23 quit being an ass.
Show
RECORD

Town-Win- 2
Town-NightKilled-Loss- 3
Town-Loss- 4
Mafia-Win- 1
Mafia-Loss- 3

AA23
AA23
Goon
AA23
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1035 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:05 am

Post by AA23 »

Thesp - I made it clear that I wouldn't partake in your leading questions.

Any point that you were attempting to prove with them would have been a 50/50 variable - - an opinion fueled by a bias or manipulated line of thought - - whereas I felt the Sotty case to be more substantial than a variable opinion.

The more substantial point you presented on Emp was the relationship with Dej. This was a double edged sword for you, because it also applied (somewhat more so) to Sotty.

In light of that, I needed to see a case. A case that had evidence, and no leading questions with 50/50 variables tied to the end of it, none of the crap where "he
could
be guilty
if
we look at it
this
way"

I felt Mix(Sotty) had guilt for the relationship with Dej, the scum hammer (primarily), the bailing out of this game, lying (that's a biggy), lurking, and lastly, A mafiascum wanted him dead, and a wolf wanted him alive.

It is you, Thesp, and everyone that was on the Emp wagon yesterday, that refused to answer my question - the important one - where your Emp case was.

It's easy to flood a board with quotations and bias interpretations in an effort to confuse people who don't want to sift through it and call it bs into thinking you actually have a point - - but lets not lose sight, Thesp:

Emp's guilt today is suggested by the innocence of what was yesterday's priority suspect - - the information from that lynch allows us to now regard those past variables in a different light.

If wolf is killed tonight - My vote will still go to you next as Mafiascum.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*this just dawned on me now, but I think we just lost.

If wolf gets hit tonight, tomorrow we're left with two town, two mafia - - mafia makes up half the town, they win.

If wolf is missed and a towny is killed - we lose

If wolf is missed and Emp is scum, we have to hope wolf kills scum in the night...I think. I don't know, like I said, jsut came to me now, but I think we lost.

Which would explain why Thesp and Kham couldn't make the Emp case yesterday.

I've had a long weekend and could be out of it but I think that's what's happened
AA23
AA23
Goon
AA23
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1036 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:07 am

Post by AA23 »

**correction

2 town, 1 mafia

so yeah - my vote would go to you, Thesp.

Forgot about your buddy Kham dying.
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #1037 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:45 am

Post by Thesp »

AA23 wrote:The more substantial point you presented on Emp was the relationship with Dej. This was a double edged sword for you, because it also applied (somewhat more so) to Sotty.
You are insane. HOW??? I explicitly said that I think dejkha's explicit hostility to the Sotty7 wagon was
contraindicative
of being partners together - scum rarely vehemently oppose the wagon of their own partner. I explicitly said that how dejkha interacted with Empking was
different
- he tried to pretend to be a part of it while doing nothing to further it (and indeed, driving people away from it).
AA23 wrote:It is you, Thesp, and everyone that was on the Emp wagon yesterday, that refused to answer my question - the important one - where your Emp case was.

It's easy to flood a board with quotations and bias interpretations in an effort to confuse people who don't want to sift through it and call it bs into thinking you actually have a point - - but lets not lose sight, Thesp:

Emp's guilt today is suggested by the innocence of what was yesterday's priority suspect - - the information from that lynch allows us to now regard those past variables in a different light.

Which would explain why Thesp and Kham couldn't make the Emp case yesterday.
I AM FLOODING A BOARD WITH QUOTATIONS WHICH REFER TO THE CASE PRESENTED YESTERDAY IN WHICH YOU EXPLICITLY SAID THERE WAS NO CASE PRESENTED YESTERDAY. I HAVE NEVER, EVER HAD TO PLAY WITH SOMEONE AS SHORT-SIGHTED AS YOU INSIST ON BEING.

EMP'S GUILT IS NOT SUGGESTED BY SOTTY7'S INNOCENCE, IT IS SUGGESTED BY THE CRAPTON OF INFORMATION POSITED BY ME AND OTHERS (INCLUDING HEWITT) YESTERDAY, AND BY DEJKHA AND EMPKING'S INTERACTIONS.

I NOW HONESTLY HOPE THAT HEWITT IS THE WOLF AND THAT WE HAVE LOST, SO I NO LONGER HAVE TO PLAY THIS GAME. YOU HAVE BEEN WRONG AT EVERY SINGLE TURN OF THE GAME, AND YET AT EVERY TURN, YOU DOGGEDLY INSIST THAT IT'S ABSURD THAT THERE'S ANY CHANCE YOU COULD BE WRONG.

THAT IS INSANE. I'M HAVING A HARD TIME IMAGINING WHY ANYONE WOULD BE LIKE THAT. EVER.

AA23 wrote:Thesp - I made it clear that I wouldn't partake in your leading questions.
How in the world were they leading questions?

Answer: They implied something other than what you had already concluded.

If you say that no one has presented a case on Empking any more, I will cry. Everyone in the game has presented more of a case on Empking than you have. Your refusal to acknowledge it goes beyond insulting.
Reiner Knizia

your
game!
AA23
AA23
Goon
AA23
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1038 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:08 pm

Post by AA23 »

That was pretty emotional.

Humor me with a clean cut list in bold of the Emp case points. It's such a simple and valid case as you seem to cry about - lets see the case you were certain of yesterday.

;)
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #1039 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:26 am

Post by Thesp »

AA23 wrote:That was pretty emotional.

Humor me with a clean cut list in bold of the Emp case points. It's such a simple and valid case as you seem to cry about - lets see the case you were certain of yesterday.

;)
That doesn't mean it's wrong. (It would be naive and foolish to thusly dismiss it.)

Look back to the wall of quotes six posts back and read what's quoted about Empking. It's succinct and to the point. They make specific assertions about how dejkha acted with particular respect to Empking.
Then, please tell me:

(A) If you think these assertions are
factually correct or not
(that is, that you believe dejkha did or did not act in this way towards Empking), and
(B) If dejkha did indeed act this way towards Empking, whether that is a reliable indicator of partnership.

When making the "case", everyone that has stood behind it (including presumably you, given your vote today) has asserted that what is in the quotes regarding dejkha's behavior (that is, (A)) has been true, and hold that (B) follows. However, there must be some doubt to that from you, because you keep referring to the Empking "case" as "speculation" rather than based on hard facts (though you unhelpfully refused to answer the question posed to you repeatedly, as to whether or not what people posted about dejkha was factually correct or not). I think getting the answers to (A) and (B) from you will go a long ways towards that.

(This could be a big waste of time gamewise if hewitt's the wolf anyway, but I'm hoping you are still salvageable as a player beyond this game. I like your willingness to participate, but your communication in both disseminating and receiving is incredibly poor and needs work.)
Reiner Knizia

your
game!
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1040 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:28 am

Post by ThAdmiral »

The jungle folk were hungry for blood!
They quickly decided upon another lynch and attacked Empking even before he had woken up.

Good choice!
He was a
werewolf

Final Vote Count

Empking 4 - hewitt, AA23, Thesp

Not voting - Empking

No more night action roles so consider this day 6.

Carry on!
AA23
AA23
Goon
AA23
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1041 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:40 am

Post by AA23 »

Vote: Thesp
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #1042 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:41 am

Post by Thesp »

AA23 wrote:Vote: Thesp
Any reasoning? (I'm guessing not.)

:sigh:
Reiner Knizia

your
game!
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #1043 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:45 am

Post by Thesp »

AA23 wrote:Vote: Thesp
I'm still curious as to the answers to the questions I posed. I'm flabbergasted as to why you won't answer.
Reiner Knizia

your
game!
hewitt
hewitt
Mafia Scum
hewitt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1044 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:52 am

Post by hewitt »

I just can't see AA23 on the same team as any of the scum so far this game.

Vote: Thesp
Show
RECORD

Town-Win- 2
Town-NightKilled-Loss- 3
Town-Loss- 4
Mafia-Win- 1
Mafia-Loss- 3

ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1045 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:16 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

The killing spree had now become a massacre.
The jungle natives looked upon each other with wild eyes and pounced on
Thesp
with a ferocious cry of wrath and glee.

After tearing him apart, limb from limb, they realised that he was indeed a
mafiate
, and that they had indeed won, but also that they now - covered from head to toe with blood and gore - couldn't tell the difference between the killers and themselves...

How poingnant.
:lol:

Final Vote Count

Thesp 2 - AA23, hewitt,

Not voting - Thesp

TOWN WINS

Night actions should be pretty obvious. If the players want to put up the quicktopics they can.

MVP goes to AA23 - put in loads of work in to this game and seemed to ruffle everyone's feathers! You may not agree with his methods but they worked in the end.

Special mentions to hewitt, who was on the money for a lot of the game, and sotty7, who seemed to have the scum groups worried.
hewitt
hewitt
Mafia Scum
hewitt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1046 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:28 pm

Post by hewitt »

fuuuuuuck yeah! sorry sotty7 about that. but once you were gone it was obvious empking was the wolf and thesp was the mafia. good job though. good game all!
Show
RECORD

Town-Win- 2
Town-NightKilled-Loss- 3
Town-Loss- 4
Mafia-Win- 1
Mafia-Loss- 3

Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #1047 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:22 pm

Post by Percy »

Yay town!

Crediting the game to AA is a bit rich. I think it's fair to say that we won
in spite
of AA. He made the game massively unfun for a lot of people, and his reads were almost always 100% wrong and 100% tunnelled.

Watching him push the Sotty7 case, and using things I had said to do it, was particularly distressing, given that I was convinced of Sotty7's towniness before I died, and had said so on several occasions.

Thanks everyone! I enjoyed playing with most of you :D
hewitt
hewitt
Mafia Scum
hewitt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1048 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:40 pm

Post by hewitt »

true i mean the cases on his part weren't very good but i had to win this game at any means possible and i was really sure AA23 was town so i couldn't fight him too much.

and now that the game is over i'll admit the request to modkill dejkha in the thread was 100% strategic and not the least bit personal.
Show
RECORD

Town-Win- 2
Town-NightKilled-Loss- 3
Town-Loss- 4
Mafia-Win- 1
Mafia-Loss- 3

hewitt
hewitt
Mafia Scum
hewitt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1049 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:43 pm

Post by hewitt »

i also have to say thesp's biggest mistake was not distancing himself from khamisa and not attacking me. i think he should've been a little more focused on attacking me instead of AA23 because i think there was a bigger possibility of turning the town against me and accusing me of being the mafia instead of AA23. the mafia tried a little but not hard enough.
Show
RECORD

Town-Win- 2
Town-NightKilled-Loss- 3
Town-Loss- 4
Mafia-Win- 1
Mafia-Loss- 3

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”