Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #950 (ISO) » Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:39 pm

Post by Seraphim »

Yo, I'm back. Sorry for not posting my V/LA status in the topic. It was highly unexpected and I was barely able to post in the topic.

I'm back and am working on a reread. A quick skim and I really think that Lowell is my number one suspect, followed by ekiM...but then again, I haven't read his posts in detail.
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #951 (ISO) » Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:06 am

Post by Korts »

Howard wrote:While I appreciate it . . . why? It doesn't really bother me. (I would have said something if it did.) Is it wrong to consider this buddying?
Two things: has the possibility occurred to you that it bothers
me
? It's one of my pet peeves that usernames be spelled the same way the user themselves spells it. And why would I be buddying up to you specifically? You are hardly an opinion leader.
Howard wrote:I am always a bit anal with the wording of these warnings. Why are you warning "the town"? Are you not town? Why not "NOTE: Lowell is at L-1"? *HowardRoark braces for attacks*
This never was a scumtell; it's just empty play on words.

Howard, you claim the Italian mafia to be lacking in power roles when put in contrast with the Russians. Let's look at the dead mafiosi:

Italian: Godfather Neigbour, Doctor
Russian: 1-shot vig, 1-shot vig, Multitasker Neighbour

A scum protective role is a very powerful role; an investigation immune role in a game where it's pretty much certain now that there is a cop is also considerably powerful. Granted, two 1-shot vigs in the mafia are huge advantages to the faction, but I wouldn't go so far as to claim that the Russian roles that have flipped are stronger than the Italians. They merely have different advantages.

I can't judge if this is simply inherent OMGUS against the flawed arguments that Howard presents in the case against me, but his 947 looks scummy to me. Is it likely that there are two Godfathers in the Italian mafia? Aside from conflicting flavour, of course; I doubt that TDC's purpose in making a modular game was to be as true to the original mafia flavour as possible.
scumchat never die
X
X
Mafia Scum
X
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #952 (ISO) » Sat Jul 18, 2009 2:39 am

Post by X »

Kison wrote:
Korts wrote:N3 I used amnesiac tracker on Axelrod, sending the results to Caboose, now Kison. Hopefully Kison can confirm the fact that his predecessor got the result;
I got it. No result.
Kison, we'd like more details on this, as per:
Korts wrote:
ekiM wrote:Korts, in post 363 you say "Re: my being blocked, I confirm that it's likely I was blocked." You've claimed that N1 you tracked Seraphim and receieved no result. Why did that make it likely that you were blocked?
Because I literally recieved no result.
populartajo wrote:
X wrote:If we have 2 scum left, I'm thinking that they might be Lowell and charter based on their unbased gung-ho defense of each other.
Why do you think we have 2 scum left?
It's a possibility, not a certainty. Anywhere from 6 to 8 scum out of 23 seems possible to me, and 5 are dead. Considering the single kill last night, it's more likely that there are 1 or 2 left than 3 left.
HowardRoark wrote:
X (936) wrote:
populartajo wrote:People, Lowell is town, unvote him.
No, no he's not.
This is a very strong statement. Anything else to add to your case besides his lack of participation and defense of charter?
Continued lack of participation despite it being pointed out, and unexplained defense of charter. There was not a point in this game in which he was really pro-town. Add pushing the only other wagon besides himself, with no previous suspicion of him (ekiM) and little reasoning in the vote post.
X
X
Mafia Scum
X
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #953 (ISO) » Sat Jul 18, 2009 2:41 am

Post by X »

populartajo wrote:I just thought something.

Someone can use two active abilities the same night?
Go on...

Seraphim, wow. I hope you explain your top two suspects a little more, and it's not just the votecount telling you that.
Korts wrote:
Howard wrote:I am always a bit anal with the wording of these warnings. Why are you warning "the town"? Are you not town? Why not "NOTE: Lowell is at L-1"? *HowardRoark braces for attacks*
This never was a scumtell; it's just empty play on words.
QFT.
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #954 (ISO) » Sat Jul 18, 2009 7:40 am

Post by Kison »

populartajo wrote:There is only one single reason why I dont like you. Why the hell are you alive?
Scum incompetence, most likely.
populartajo wrote:Who is scum?
Probably Lowell
Korts wrote:
populartajo wrote:And what result would you get if Seraph hadnt done anything that night?
Ask Kison, he was the one who got the result of a Vanilla Townie's tracks.
I received No Result on Night Three for a Track ability targeting Axelrod. That's all I know on this matter.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #955 (ISO) » Sat Jul 18, 2009 2:05 pm

Post by Lowell »

Also, can we notice how sera comes back after disappearing, only to casually drop the gem that the leading vote getter is his first choice for lynch, and the second vote-getter is his second choice?
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #956 (ISO) » Sat Jul 18, 2009 4:36 pm

Post by Seraphim »

Lowell wrote:Also, can we notice how sera comes back after disappearing, only to casually drop the gem that the leading vote getter is his first choice for lynch, and the second vote-getter is his second choice?
Wow. This post alone is grounds for voting you in my opinion. If it's true that you are indeed the main suspect for today with the leading number of votes, how extremely easy it must be for you to redirect like nuts onto the guy who has been camping for the last week and has only returned yesterday? I skimmed the posts and this was the vibe I got. When I have time for a more detailed read, expect that then.
X
X
Mafia Scum
X
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #957 (ISO) » Sun Jul 19, 2009 7:19 am

Post by X »

Seraphim wrote:
Lowell wrote:Also, can we notice how sera comes back after disappearing, only to casually drop the gem that the leading vote getter is his first choice for lynch, and the second vote-getter is his second choice?
Wow. This post alone is grounds for voting you in my opinion. If it's true that you are indeed the main suspect for today with the leading number of votes, how extremely easy it must be for you to redirect like nuts onto the guy who has been camping for the last week and has only returned yesterday? I skimmed the posts and this was the vibe I got. When I have time for a more detailed read, expect that then.
It better be soon.

Someone better vote Lowell before Tuesday July 21st, 8:00 EST (I believe that's the proper conversion).
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #958 (ISO) » Sun Jul 19, 2009 7:27 am

Post by Korts »

I will hammer him a couple hours before deadline if nothing new happens until then.
scumchat never die
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #959 (ISO) » Sun Jul 19, 2009 8:10 am

Post by Seraphim »

Seraphim: Did you inform X of your NK immunity before N0 was over? If not, when did you tell him? We might be able to account for a lost kill depending on your answer--we had a surprising lack of kills on N0 in retrospect.
No. I told him...hold on, lemme drag up the quicktopic.

Yeah, X is right. I was trying to draw the NK if X was scum.

So, I have a proposition. I have been harboring a secret suspicion that X may be scum. Even if he's not, there is quite a lot of suspicion around him because I'm NK-immune, therefore not clearing him in the entire shared vig deal.

I am proposing that we lynch X today, opening up a vig kill for me. I vig one the following:

-charter
-ekiM
-Lowell

Kison will investigate whoever the hell he wants, preferably not a player who has been investigated already or me(unless he really wants to).

This will hopefully leave us in a good position tomorrow to find the remaining scum.
TDC
TDC
Mafia Scum
TDC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #960 (ISO) » Sun Jul 19, 2009 10:02 am

Post by TDC »

Vote CountLowell (4): X, ekiM, HowardRoark, Kison
ekiM (2): charter, Lowell

Not Voting (3): populartajo, Seraphim, Korts

Prodding charter
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #961 (ISO) » Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:29 am

Post by Kison »

What attention do you think this deserves?
ekiM
ekiM
Mafia Scum
ekiM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #962 (ISO) » Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:58 am

Post by ekiM »

I could go for Seraphim's plan. If he's telling us the truth getting an extra townie-directed NK each night will help us out a lot I think. His play throughout this game has been very patchy but I can't really get my head around why he wouldn't have killed X if he is scum. A 1scum-1town nhood with that ability and the townie having NK-immunity seems like a plausible design. I see X-scum as being plausible.

Also there are a couple of things we need to explain that haven't gotten too much attention:
  • Why did inHim die N1with a doctor on his team?
    • Was not protected because the doc protected someone else.
    • Was protected but targeted for a kill more than once.
    • Doc was roleblocked.
  • Why was there no kill from the Italians on N1?
    • The killer was blocked.
    • The target had immunity.
    • The target had protection.
(Any more possibilities, please point them out).

One explanation for the lack of an Italian NK N1 is that X is scum and they tried to take out Seraphim but failed. I'm kind of neutral on X based on his play so far, but I could believe him to be scum. Why did inHim die? Perhaps X has a power role he hasn't revealed and they thought it more worth protecting than godfather.

unvote; Vote: X

NOTE: we only have a couple of days left before deadline. I will definitely be around to move my vote if needed, but we really mustn't allow a no lynch again.
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #963 (ISO) » Sun Jul 19, 2009 10:13 pm

Post by Korts »

I'm fairly comfortable with Seraphim's plan.

vote: X
scumchat never die
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #964 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:01 am

Post by Seraphim »

@ekiM

We share a one-shot vig kill. Otherwise, I would have suggested this a long time ago.
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #965 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:07 am

Post by populartajo »

As usual, got a very busy and alcoholic weekend. Ill post tonight when I get out of my lovely office.
Call me Tajo.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12894
Coming summer 2010: Tajo's Starcraft Mafia.
Tajo's MagictheGathering Mafia
ekiM
ekiM
Mafia Scum
ekiM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #966 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:58 am

Post by ekiM »

Oh, it's one shot? Never mentioned that here:
X wrote:No point in keeping this secret.
I'm Seraphim's
only
neighbor, in the Lower Roccisi Neighborhood
. The
group
has a Soloist Vigilante ability.
or
Seraphim wrote:I have claimed Lower Roccisi with a shared kill between me and my neighbor, X. I am also NK-immune.
Hmm. Was that an oversight, an intentional omission, what?

Also interested in this:
x wrote:
Nighttalk Paraphrase
Night 0

Seraphim: Hi!
X: What's the point of this if you're scum?
Seraphim: Eh, whatever. Any abilities that you have that I should know about?
Night 1

X:
Excised.
You?
Seraphim:
Excised.
Didn't expect OGB as scum. Who do you think is scum?
X: roflcopter, alvinz, IHSIB. And I have no idea about Mufasa. Also didn't see OGB as either scum or town. I think the speed of this game coupled with my inexperience with Large games is hurting my scumhunting.
Seraphim: I see rofl as a Cop w/Guilty.
Night 2

Seraphim: Look, there's another Mafia Neighbor. What's the chance that I'm mafia now? I doubt you are. Probably 1 scum left per group. Wanna try a gambit?
X: It definitely decreased the chance, but I'm not ruling it out. How are you sure about the 1 scum thing? And I'm very cautious about gambits, but shoot.
Seraphim: Never mind. Too many problems in the gambit. And I'm not sure, but it's unfeasible to have two 4-man mafias. And if alvinz was a motivator, how did we only get 1 kill N0? And do you think Caboose is town?
X: I see your point about balance, but I won't rule out 4 and 4. alvinz was a multitasker. As far as Caboose goes, the alvinz flip makes me sort of trust him. I will be surprised if he doesn't die Tonight. But the mod could have given an investigation to a mafioso. But other than his clairvoyant predictions, he hasn't contributed much. What do you think of him?
compared to
X wrote:[Seraphim] told me [about his NK immunity] during N2.
What was excised then? What was the 'gambit'? etc.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #967 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:44 am

Post by Lowell »

unvote, vote X

better him than me.
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #968 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:37 am

Post by Seraphim »

Oversight. Anything related to role abilities was removed from that paraphrase. I'm guessing that when I told him about my NK-immunity, that was removed from the paraphrase as well.
I have claimed Lower Roccisi with
a shared kill
between me and my neighbor, X.
On second thought, this could be interepted as a single kill.

I won't vote X until the day of the deadline. I want to hear from everyone, especially Lowell and Charter, on my plan before deadline.
TDC
TDC
Mafia Scum
TDC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #969 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:28 am

Post by TDC »

Prodding HowardRoark
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #970 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:20 am

Post by Lowell »

@sera- I obviously approve of this plan
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #971 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:21 am

Post by Lowell »

except it's still idiotic to kill me, day or night.
HowardRoark
HowardRoark
Goon
HowardRoark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #972 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:36 am

Post by HowardRoark »

@Korts: Why were you willing to drop a hammer on Lowell, but switch to X with only a "I'm fairly comfortable with Seraphim's plan" statement?

@Lowell: Why is it that you are posting more often (although not of more quality) since the votes have swung away from you?
Lowell wrote:it's still idiotic to kill me, day or night
Why? I don't see any reason to not hang you.

As for Seraphim's plan . . . it's an interesting idea, but I'm not sure of its worth. What do we gain if X flips town? A confirmed Seraphim? I'd definitely like to hear a response from X.
HowardRoark
HowardRoark
Goon
HowardRoark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #973 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:39 am

Post by HowardRoark »

Sorry, but also . . .

@Seraphim: Why the switch to X? (Other than the Vig.)
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #974 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:44 am

Post by populartajo »

Errr, I dont get something.

The general consensus was that both Seraph and X were town because none of them killed for the other, right?

What exactly do we get by lynching X?
Call me Tajo.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12894
Coming summer 2010: Tajo's Starcraft Mafia.
Tajo's MagictheGathering Mafia

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”