Newbie 803 - Game Over.

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Col.Cathart
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Sun Jul 19, 2009 8:35 am

Post by Col.Cathart »

I just don't like when someone's is ignoring me like that. Maybe I'm acting too impulsively, but I really think, I gave him enough chances to prove me wrong, and he didn't take any of them. It almost looks like HE WANTS to be lynched, which makes no sense whatsoever no matter if he's Vanilla/Cop/Scum.

About others: While yes, the more we discuss, the better, but as you can see, there's almost no flow in here. HV disappeared, Jammer and Ein also went silent. Porkens don't want to defend himself properly. It's really troubling, because we are in the same place, we were right after Porkens claim.I support more talk, but if people don't want to talk any longer (as you know, Ein's and HV's last posts were 'My point stands' and they went silent again), then I don't see the point in dragging this day to the deadline, if we cannot bring anything new to the table.

So ok, I won't hammer him yet, but if things will be going the same way for the next few days... Then I really think we'll need that hammer.
[b]Mini 934[/b] is [b]over![/b] Thanks to everyone participating.

[i]What the hell? That Colonel guy was awesome.[/i] - Fate
Einlanzers
Einlanzers
Goon
Einlanzers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Sun Jul 19, 2009 3:59 pm

Post by Einlanzers »

Sorry guys I went out of town for the weekend and just got back. Sorry I didn't let you know ahead of time :/. Anyways:
Porkens: 3: Hurleys_Van (3), Einlanzers (5), jammer (7)
jammer: 1: Porkens (8)

Not voting: Chiarosicada, Col.Cathart, Head_Honcho
Here's the 2 possibilities as I see them:
1) Porkens is cop. Chiarosicada is town. And I would guess that Col Cath and HH are town aswell as they haven't hammered the "cop" yet. That leaves myself, HV, and jammer on the suspects list. If I take myself out (I can do that, maybe you can't :P) then that leaves jammer and HV. Very interesting.
2) Porkens is scum. Then most likely his bandwagon is full of townies so that leaves Chia, Col Cathart, and HH. And seeing as he claims Chia as town that would make me most suspicious of him as the partner (followed closely by HH).
3) Porkens is town (but not cop). That's pretty much the same as #1, but without Chia being town necessarily. It still isn't too likely that scum is sitting on the sidelines avoiding a hammer, but it is
more
likely than if he were a cop.

I still want to hear how he feels about everyone else though. He promised us that "by this weekend" (I think he worded it) and it's late Sunday night :/.
Chiarosicada
Chiarosicada
Goon
Chiarosicada
Goon
Goon

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Sun Jul 19, 2009 5:14 pm

Post by Chiarosicada »

Your third possibility is unlikely to the point where it's not even worth considering.
Zorblag - For now Troll will go have some rum and see if that inspires any wonderful solutions. Troll no be hopeful but at least Troll will get to have some rum.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Sun Jul 19, 2009 5:21 pm

Post by Porkens »

Have re-read up to page six. Really questioning why I got all warm and fuzzy over lazers.

jammer:
Get's right into the game with

some questions. Could be genuine conversation-

starters or scumhunting, but on retrospect look

more like Capt. Danning.

Hurleys_Van (replaces Cartza):
Wierd

chansaw defence of Lazerz.

Einlanzers:
votes for jammer even after

extensive pro-town behavior (this was the root of

my origional vote on Lazers). Reacts extremely

defensive and OMGUS -ly to Jammer's attack, but

says
nothing
about Clara's vote.

Continuous Appeals to emotion. Bizzare vote on

jonnydelawelsh.

Head_Honcho^ (replaces Lupo El Loco):
Lupo

votes for jammer with genuine, at least genuine

looking, questions lingering. Argues against

Lazers ATO being a scum-tell. Attacks jammer for

asking questions.

Col.Cathart (replaces Claramata^):

Attacks Lazers for the right reasons, but doesn't

initialy vote for him. Only after being

encouraged by VP Baltar does he vote. Agrees

with the negative effects of appeals to emotion,

could be bussing but maybe not.

pg 6

unvote, vote Lazerz

for now
Einlanzers
Einlanzers
Goon
Einlanzers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Sun Jul 19, 2009 5:31 pm

Post by Einlanzers »

@Porkens
What do you hope to accomplish with this?

Looks like a last stitch effort to divert attention away from yourself. I know that I have some prejudice in this matter, but this makes you look more scummier to me. And in all honesty your lynch would yield a lot of information. Hrm, but if you were cop then Chia will most likely be NK'd and I'd rather not lose 2 confirmed(ish) towns in one fell swoop. I really wish you weren't being so scummy and then maybe I'd believe you...

Now that he's posted "some" more content how do you guys feel? I kind of feel cheated. Just looks like he's listing off "facts" and adding no opinion to me. In any case I'm still retaining my vote until I hear other's oppinions. I'd really hate to lynch a town (cop or not).

I'm most concerned with Chia's opinion of Porkens at this point TBH.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Sun Jul 19, 2009 6:11 pm

Post by Porkens »

annnd this is why i dont post content.
Einlanzers
Einlanzers
Goon
Einlanzers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Sun Jul 19, 2009 7:42 pm

Post by Einlanzers »

Well you didn't even answer my question.

Do you really think I'm scum and want to lynch me?
OR

Are you pressuring me? What do you want me to say/do/etc? I think I've stated my opinions quite a few times.
Col.Cathart
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Sun Jul 19, 2009 9:15 pm

Post by Col.Cathart »

Porkens wrote:annnd this is why i dont post content.
You know... Questioning someones line of thinking is the core of the game, so you shouldn't be surprised really. Or say the quoted sentence. If you went into mafia game, then accept the rules, and do the same. Actually, you're an IC so you should know it better than me ~^

But never mind. I don't have a problem with your analysis in the place, where Ein called you out. I have other complain: As you said, this is analysis up to page 6. That's 1/4 of the entire thread. And you are already placing a vote. Isn't it too early for it? Read everything, analyze everything, and then vote, because so far you are (for example) judging me with Clara's posts only. You don't have entire clear point of view.

I'm waiting for the rest. And if it will come in episodes ('Previously on
LOST
Porkens PbPA'), then don't vote after each part. It only makes things more confusing.

Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:13 am

Post by Porkens »

Questioning someone's line of thinking is fine, but when I've done nothing this whole game but post pure opinion, and been crucified for not posting facts, and then, having posted facts AND opinions (they are obviously there in my pbpa), to be crucified for that as well; my god.

Actually, cancel that tantrum. There are two people in this game that
know
I'm the cop. I'm thinking that they are Lazerz and Jammer.

Lazers, what "great deal" of information will we learn from my lynch? After I'm dead, and so is my innocent, how will the town be better off?

With my vote; like I said; after re-reading Lazers through the first 6 pages; I can't believe I ever took my vote off him. My vote now isn't original, it's more of correcting a mistake ;)
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:13 am

Post by Porkens »

I think you're scum and want to lynch you.
jammer
jammer
Goon
jammer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:41 am

Post by jammer »

@HH, how is getting yourself outed as cop a towny stragegy?
He was nearing towards being lynched and continuing ignoring/lurking is a good tactic?
Einlanzers wrote:2) Porkens is scum. Then most likely his bandwagon is full of townies so that leaves Chia, Col Cathart, and HH. And seeing as he claims Chia as town that would make me most suspicious of him as the partner (followed closely by HH).
Tbh, I don't think there is much info to get if Porkens flips scum. I wouldn't be surprised if a partner jumped on the wagon somewhere to "clear" himself. What makes you so sure the wagon is full with townys in that case?

Porkens wrote:
jammer:
Get's right into the game with

some questions. Could be genuine conversation-

starters or scumhunting, but on retrospect look

more like Capt. Danning.
Capt. Danning? Who is Capt. Danning?

Porkens, kinda funny you have a Ein/jammer pair though up now. You think it is likely I tried to bus my "partner" starting at page 1?
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:15 am

Post by Porkens »

Porkens, kinda funny you have a Ein/jammer pair though up now. You think it is likely I tried to bus my "partner" starting at page 1?
WIFOM.
Capt. Danning? Who is Capt. Danning?
Leading the town, being the super hero, scumming it in secret.
jammer
jammer
Goon
jammer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:26 am

Post by jammer »

Porkens wrote:
WIFOM.
H_H gave a completely wifom explaination on how you would be cop, and you don't mention it exists untill here?
jammer
jammer
Goon
jammer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:44 am

Post by jammer »

*reads*
meh, that doesn't come across like I would like it to be. Little explaination.

"it" refers to wifom.

You can say all you want, Ein and me are not a likely scumpair.

As H_H before mentioned:paraprased "becouse a IC wouldn't act that scummy as scum you're likely town."
Head_Honcho
Head_Honcho
Goon
Head_Honcho
Goon
Goon

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:25 am

Post by Head_Honcho »

sorry I can't make a more substantial post right now, but I'm gonna be gone until the 22nd, try not to string anyone up until I can post
Immoral Acts: 0
Hurleys_Van
Hurleys_Van
Townie
Hurleys_Van
Townie
Townie

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:14 pm

Post by Hurleys_Van »

I'm still here, that last prod came rather unexpectedly but three days can fly by pretty quick I guess. Very sorry for that.

Now for the case at hand.

It comes down to whether Porkens claim is true or not. If not, then he had succeeded in mixing up down opinions and saving his neck. We would end up lynching someone else, thus giving him more time maneuver and try to fix his image. And if his night kill went through, I believe that would put the town at LYLO...

You see even he can avoid lynch today even if he get's lynched tomorrow that would still put scum at a lot better position then they are now.

But if we go through with the lynch, that puts the town in a good position with only 1 more scum to oust.

Now for the other scenario if he ends up being the cop. If we don't lynch him tonight, unless we have a doctor he is more then likely going to be night killed regardless.

If we do end up stringing him up and ends up being a cop and if the mafia nightkill goes through, we are again in the same situations at LYLO.

So in conclusion, we have to decide whether it's worth the risk to let him live or not.(Duh)

As for my opinion on him, I think he may of had this gameplan set up from the beginning where he would feint being a cop to reconsile his lack of posting.

Perhaps I may be giving him to much credit though....

Now for the
"For the record, my belt HAS dropped a notch. I'm a big guy. It's gonna be a while before you're going to want to give me a piggy back ride."
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:38 pm

Post by Zorblag »

Vote Count 2.5

The numbers by the voters indicate the order in which the vote was cast. If two or more players are tied for the most votes to lynch at the deadline the tiebreaker will be the player who has the earliest active vote.

Porkens: 3: Hurleys_Van (3), Einlanzers (5), jammer (7)
jammer: 1: Head_Honcho (9)
Einlanzers: 1: Porkens (10)

Not voting: Chiarosicada, Col.Cathart

With 7 alive it takes 4 to lynch. Currently Porkens would be lynched at deadline. Deadline is 3:00 PM EDT/12:00 PM PDT on Tuesday, July 28th.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Col.Cathart
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:03 pm

Post by Col.Cathart »

See? That was exactly what I was talking about. There's almost no discussion here...

In desperate attempt to make game alive again:

Porkens - Are you gonna finish your analysis? It might be your last chance to redeem yourself (at least in my eyes)

HV - 'Now for the...' Huh? Your last post seems to be cut. You had something more to say?

HH - What do you think about Porkens accusation against Ein?

Ein - You went silent, even when Porkens answered and accused you back. Why?

Jammer - What's your latest opinion about the game?

Chia - Your last post was written 2 days ago. What is your point of the view about things that happened later?

Everyone - Some more action please.

jammer
jammer
Goon
jammer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:44 pm

Post by jammer »

Col.Cathart wrote:Jammer - What's your latest opinion about the game?
Didn't change much from last post. Isn't posted much in the meantime.
I think Porkens is going to try voting as much players as possible.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:27 am

Post by Porkens »

my apologies, it's been an incredibly busy week.

Basically, I don't expect that my read on Lazers is going to change, honestly. I was the one that let him off the hook when he claimed, and now I feel that was a mistake. He hasn't done anything to redeem his early behavior, he's just sunk into the background.
Einlanzers
Einlanzers
Goon
Einlanzers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:37 am

Post by Einlanzers »

Col.Cathart wrote:Ein - You went silent, even when Porkens answered and accused you back. Why?
I was not silent I made a medium-sized post in return. To which he replied to then I replied to his reply :P.

In any case, as I said earlier I think he's trying to "stir the pot" and use mirror tricks to make everyone believe something just so he wont be lynched today. I'm still not 100% that he's scum..but he definantly smells of someone squirming to stay alive.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:50 am

Post by Porkens »

but he definantly smells of someone squirming to stay alive.
Is this a scum tell?
Head_Honcho
Head_Honcho
Goon
Head_Honcho
Goon
Goon

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:10 am

Post by Head_Honcho »

Cathart: I think hopping around like that is a little bit tactless no matter which side of the fence he's on, but I do understand where he's coming from. Ein's early bandwagon wasn't especially solid, but that it stopped by no means meant Ein was undisputably town and I don't think he's received the attention he should based on some of his.. 'contribution'.

My suspicions right now actually fall closer to Hurley's van though. His whole game has been bothering me, but something about his last post especially has made me especially suspicious. He makes this fairly biased analysis of our options with the worst reasoning for why we should lynch porkens today. Scum is somehow in a better position if we lynch porkens tomorrow instead of today

Jam: I simply think it makes more sense as town than as scum. We've been after him for bandwagoning and flying under the radar, and in my eyes he has acceptably explained both of those. I can understand why a post like 'scummy on purpose' would immediately grab your attention, but I think there is more to consider here.

Basically though, he is a claimed cop in an f11 setup with no counterclaim. There is no reason to lynch him today. If he's a cop either the mafia will kill him tonight or he'll have another innocent for us, and we'll be in a better position to make a decision then. I know lylo is scary in a situation like this, but the other alternative is we're in lylo with no real leads. I suppose basically you have to accept HV's reasoning that he is scum and planned this from the beginning, or he is a real cop using his role as a fallback to get out of discussion based scumhunting. I tend to find the latter more believable, given there is a 50% chance of a cop existing in this setup, and it's quite a coin toss as scum to plan that from the start. This makes me look at HV's view on this to be reaching.

Ein and HV are both accusing him of squirming or trying to confuse the town right now, but he's simply following through on our request for his reads, I don't get why they're choosing to try to forward his case with points like that. Basically now he is scum for defending himself and answering our questions? I thought he was scum for not doing that.

Porkens, why would it be a bad idea for a cop to counterclaim you? It seems like it would be the best option, since they would basically know for sure you were scum and then we could have two 'innocents' one of which could easily be confirmed before lylo.
Immoral Acts: 0
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:14 am

Post by Porkens »

If I WASN'T getting lynched, it wouldn't be a bad idea to counterclaim.
Einlanzers
Einlanzers
Goon
Einlanzers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:16 pm

Post by Einlanzers »

@H_H
Einlanzers wrote:I'm still not 100% that he's scum..but he definantly smells of someone squirming to stay alive.
Notice that I didn't insinuate that because he's squirming he is scum. Merely that he is squirming.

My suspects list is running a little low. If we don't end up lynching Porkens today who is the best candidate?

I guess my next vote would lie upon one of the following:
jammer, Head_Honcho, or Col.Cathart
As they were all on the Santos bandwagon.

That doesn't mean that Chiarosicada and Hurleys_Van aren't scum, but I'd find them less-likely to be so.

Honestly, I don't get any real scum-tells from jammer. So in my mind:
1) Porkens
2) Head_Honcho
3) Col.Cathart

I still think Porkens is the best candidate. The only issue I'm confused on is if Porkens is scum why he would say that Chia is town (if Chia really is town). I guess we will see :/.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”