Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Sat Jul 18, 2009 3:39 pm

Post by Papa Zito »

Herodotus wrote:
Papa Zito wrote:Anyway,
unvote; vote: Raivann
. Pressure produces results.
Pressure? I want this to be a lynch wagon. Do you, or do you not?
Hmm. Your certainty gives me pause.

I'm definitely not a proponent of quick days.
Kappa
Just Monika
Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.
Herodotus
Herodotus
Black Ops
Herodotus
Black Ops
Black Ops

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Sat Jul 18, 2009 4:25 pm

Post by Herodotus »

That doesn't answer the question.

Also, I've decided that "quick" days aren't as bad as people tend to assume they are.
MiteyMouse
MiteyMouse
He's too nICe
MiteyMouse
He's too nICe
He's too nICe

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Sat Jul 18, 2009 4:26 pm

Post by MiteyMouse »

TDC wrote:
MiteyMouse wrote:I've been thinking about what Zorblag said and the connections that we all have had to each other before this game. It's very likely that one of us that have played a lot with others in this game are probably not the choosen one. That might narrow it down a bit. As, we want to keep that person alive....having them alive is a big asset to us.
Why would we want to keep someone alive who we think is not the Chosen?
I meant that we want to keep the choosen one alive...not people that are not the choosen one. I was unclear there.
Zorblag wrote:Actually, another question for everyone in the game: If you had to choose any 4 of the following players to exclude as the chosen who would you pick and why?
I'd pick:
Papa Zito...I've played several games with him and he's a very good player and looks oh so Town, even when he's Scum.
Afatchic...random here but, she stands out for me...I've seen her around and love her name!
BloodCovenent...completely random
TDC...again random...
Zorblag wrote:Herodotus, do you have any experience with Papa Zito? Same question in reverse to Papa Zito.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Zorblag...should this worry me? Let me explain to everyone else here what I mean. In Newbie 749, the Troll was replaced in and he was Scum with Albert B Rampage. He asked almost the same question to Albert who, was his Scum partner. He explained it in his post game analysis as a way to get a message to Albert. I'm not ready to vote for you yet Zorblag but, it is noted!
Zorblag wrote:Ah, and it looks like hohum did set up Quicktopics for pairs in Open 142. Based on that (well, and rule 11) I would expect that the scum have a Quicktopic that replacements can look at.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
I played in 142 and hohum did set up quick topics for us...
The more I see, the less I know
The more I'd like to let it go.
afatchic
afatchic
Mafia Scum
afatchic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Sat Jul 18, 2009 6:06 pm

Post by afatchic »

I didn't read the scum Pm's on the first page, and didn't realize they knew who the Chosen 1 was until Papa Zito just pointed it out. That kind of worries me even more now. At first i was thinking, what if Papa Zito or Zorblag are scum? They have pretty much controlled the game for the most part. They would have known who the remaining few that the chosen one could be, then try and present legitimate cases against those three, until the Chosen 1 gets lynched. Now, given that they know who the Chosen 1 is, it makes it even worse. Now then know exactly what wagon to push, and given its any one of the more experienced players as scum, they could probably do it.

Can someone please present to me the case against Raivann, since i am really not seeing it.
MM wrote:Afatchic...random here but, she stands out for me...I've seen her around and love her name!
Would you like it as much if it was a guy? :)
Show
Now taking sign ups:
The Fast and the Furious Mafia (Mini Theme)(11 spots left)

Upcoming Games:
The Bible Experience Mafia (Mini Theme)

Crazy Cops Mafia (Open Game)

Pre-In's are welcome for any of them.
Herodotus
Herodotus
Black Ops
Herodotus
Black Ops
Black Ops

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Sat Jul 18, 2009 7:11 pm

Post by Herodotus »

afatchic wrote:Can someone please present to me the case against Raivann, since i am really not seeing it.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 94#1756994
The response to PZ is a possible chainsaw defense. Zito's accusation was pretty minor, and clearly directed at Ash. Nuwen jumped in to answer it for him and stop the line of discussion before Ash could make a slip.

Post 20 doesn't look very good either.
afatchic
afatchic
Mafia Scum
afatchic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Sun Jul 19, 2009 2:56 am

Post by afatchic »

Herodotus wrote:
afatchic wrote:Can someone please present to me the case against Raivann, since i am really not seeing it.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 94#1756994
The response to PZ is a possible chainsaw defense. Zito's accusation was pretty minor, and clearly directed at Ash. Nuwen jumped in to answer it for him and stop the line of discussion before Ash could make a slip.

Post 20 doesn't look very good either.
So then Raivann is scum for defending Ash?
Show
Now taking sign ups:

Upcoming Games:

Herodotus
Herodotus
Black Ops
Herodotus
Black Ops
Black Ops

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Sun Jul 19, 2009 4:19 am

Post by Herodotus »

In this case, the defense looks scummy. Note that it:
a) sidesteps the point and accusation, making an appeal to authority (herself) to overrule an appeal to authority ("school of thought,")
b) is an overreaction,
c) suggests PZ may be scum because... he was reading the wiki?
d) was likely in defense of someone who is scum.
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Sun Jul 19, 2009 4:22 am

Post by Papa Zito »

i think Herodotus is a pretty cool guy. eh hunts the scum and doesn't afraid of anything.
Kappa
Just Monika
MiteyMouse
MiteyMouse
He's too nICe
MiteyMouse
He's too nICe
He's too nICe

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Sun Jul 19, 2009 4:31 am

Post by MiteyMouse »

afatchic wrote:
MM wrote:Afatchic...random here but, she stands out for me...I've seen her around and love her name!
Oh my...I'm sorry! I would still like it but, not as much...hehehe!
afatchic
afatchic
Mafia Scum
afatchic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Sun Jul 19, 2009 9:51 am

Post by afatchic »

MiteyMouse wrote:
afatchic wrote:
Oh my...I'm sorry! I would still like it but, not as much...hehehe!
:)
Show
Now taking sign ups:

Upcoming Games:

TDC
TDC
Mafia Scum
TDC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:49 am

Post by TDC »

BloodCovenent wrote:
TDC wrote:Why's that specifically directed at me?

Can you post the link to that game?
Kubrick
I don't see anything that would suggest he replaced out because he was scum.
Furthermore I remember seeing games in which he was lynched as scum (i.e. didn't replace out).
Kind of moot now that Ash's gone though..
I don't think a vote that is declared to be for pressure, actually produces pressure.
Zorblag wrote:I meant we as a game there.
Second slip of that kind. Does this happen often to you?
afatchic wrote:I didn't read rule 11, and i was thinking 2 scum= no QT thread.
afatchic wrote:I didn't read the scum Pm's on the first page, and didn't realize they knew who the Chosen 1 was until Papa Zito just pointed it out.
I'm not liking this "look, I must be town, I have no idea about things scum would know" theme you've going there.
Herodotus wrote:Nuwen jumped in to answer it for him and stop the line of discussion before Ash could make a slip.
You do realize that this line of thought only makes sense if Ash is scum?
afatchic
afatchic
Mafia Scum
afatchic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Sun Jul 19, 2009 5:52 pm

Post by afatchic »

TDC wrote:I'm not liking this "look, I must be town, I have no idea about things scum would know" theme you've going there.
Okay, next time i won't explain my actions.
Show
Now taking sign ups:

Upcoming Games:

Herodotus
Herodotus
Black Ops
Herodotus
Black Ops
Black Ops

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:54 am

Post by Herodotus »

TDC wrote:
Herodotus wrote:Nuwen jumped in to answer it for him and stop the line of discussion before Ash could make a slip.
You do realize that this line of thought only makes sense if Ash is scum?
Yes; in fact, it only makes sense if both Ash and Nuwen are scum.
Herodotus
Herodotus
Black Ops
Herodotus
Black Ops
Black Ops

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:56 am

Post by Herodotus »

Nuwen wrote: Upon a cursory meta search, I noticed that you cast random votes in Mini 801 and Mini 785 as town. What induced the sudden change of policy?
I'm surprised no one corrected Nuwen on this. Archon was scum in the first of those games (which also had Ash and BC in it,) and a jester in the other. This meta argument was based on false data.
MiteyMouse
MiteyMouse
He's too nICe
MiteyMouse
He's too nICe
He's too nICe

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:19 am

Post by MiteyMouse »

Zorblag wrote:Herodotus, do you have any experience with Papa Zito? Same question in reverse to Papa Zito.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Papa Zito wrote:i think Herodotus is a pretty cool guy. eh hunts the scum and doesn't afraid of anything.
I'm not quite sure what to make of this but, as I explained before Zorblag left messages to his partner in a previous game that we played together in. I'm just wondering if he and Papa are sending messages to each other here? It just seems odd that Papa would throw that in. Maybe it's a Scum code?
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:23 am

Post by Papa Zito »

The "pretty cool guy... doesn't afraid of anything" is a meme, Mitey. I'm very much in favor of Ash/Raivann(Nuwen) as our scum, and Herodotus seems to be thinking along the same lines.
Kappa
Just Monika
MiteyMouse
MiteyMouse
He's too nICe
MiteyMouse
He's too nICe
He's too nICe

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:29 am

Post by MiteyMouse »

Papa Zito wrote:The "pretty cool guy... doesn't afraid of anything" is a meme, Mitey. I'm very much in favor of Ash/Raivann(Nuwen) as our scum, and Herodotus seems to be thinking along the same lines.
Oh, I see, you're cuddling with him? I think I'm happy with my vote right now!
BloodCovenent
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:43 am

Post by BloodCovenent »

Herodotus wrote:
Nuwen wrote: Upon a cursory meta search, I noticed that you cast random votes in Mini 801 and Mini 785 as town. What induced the sudden change of policy?
I'm surprised no one corrected Nuwen on this. Archon was scum in the first of those games (which also had Ash and BC in it,) and a jester in the other. This meta argument was based on false data.
I did indeed mention it. right here.

MiteyMouse wrote:
Papa Zito wrote:The "pretty cool guy... doesn't afraid of anything" is a meme, Mitey. I'm very much in favor of Ash/Raivann(Nuwen) as our scum, and Herodotus seems to be thinking along the same lines.
I'm not liking your play style MM. You say you're happy with your vote. But that was your RVS vote, do you have any case on Papa Zito? Do you have a gut read on anyone else? Do you have suspicions on anyone else? I've said this once, right after you went V/LA, and i'm hereby requesting your opinion on the matter.
BloodCovenent wrote:

Another thing that stood out to me is MightyMouse. We're four, now five
(no nine)
pages into the game, and you mentioned one thing only, from page three. Could we get some content? It seems like all your doing is IIOA. Here, here, here, Well... no content here, and here. When you're going to be V/LA, at least make a post where you catch up. You haven't done so yet. You have given us practically nothing to work with right now.
Now, i have not added your more recent posts, however, none of them seem to have much value to them at the moment.
BloodCovenent
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:44 am

Post by BloodCovenent »

@mod: Whats the deadline? it must be sneaking up on us.
MiteyMouse
MiteyMouse
He's too nICe
MiteyMouse
He's too nICe
He's too nICe

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:23 am

Post by MiteyMouse »

BloodCovenent wrote:
MiteyMouse wrote:
I'm not liking your play style MM. You say you're happy with your vote. But that was your RVS vote, do you have any case on Papa Zito? Do you have a gut read on anyone else? Do you have suspicions on anyone else? I've said this once, right after you went V/LA, and i'm hereby requesting your opinion on the matter.
BloodCovenent wrote:

Another thing that stood out to me is MightyMouse. We're four, now five
(no nine)
pages into the game, and you mentioned one thing only, from page three. Could we get some content? It seems like all your doing is IIOA. Here, here, here, Well... no content here, and here. When you're going to be V/LA, at least make a post where you catch up. You haven't done so yet. You have given us practically nothing to work with right now.
Now, i have not added your more recent posts, however, none of them seem to have much value to them at the moment.
You don't like my playstyle...that is fine. Would you like it better if I took off my random vote and revoted Papa? Just because it wa a random vote does not mean that I cannot vote for that person later on in the game...

I have voiced my suspicions...I have not had a chance to build full cases yet but, I have said at least twice that I suspect Zorblag and now Papa Zito as well. Is that not good enough for you or are you not reading my posts? You do say that you haven't taken the recent one's into account...have you read them?

And yes, we are at 9 pages...I left at the start of page 5 and posted on page 9...the pages that did not have me posting were when I was away. I always have trouble at the start of games and, I did not post much but, I'd like to think that what I have posted since I got back is at the very least worth reading.
hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:10 am

Post by hohum »

Special Ed replaces AshMC1984
Special Ed
Special Ed
Townie
Special Ed
Townie
Townie

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:36 am

Post by Special Ed »

confirming

I've read. This is a very different style of game (and much smaller) than I am used to playing, but I'm hopeful I can adapt.

I'm comfortable with Mitey's statements. Knowing my alignment, I, of course, view with suspicion the case built against me. However, I'd much rather be voting for Zorblag than Papa Vito because Zorblag strikes me as a player who is smart enough to finger a Townie in a way that another player might have seen him finger a fellow Scum in previous games.

I'm now going to try to read a few of the games that have been mentioned here.
BloodCovenent
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:20 pm

Post by BloodCovenent »

MiteyMouse wrote: You don't like my playstyle...that is fine.
I should have been straightforward and said posting content.
MiteyMouse wrote:
Would you like it better if I took off my random vote and revoted Papa? Just because it wa a random vote does not mean that I cannot vote for that person later on in the game...
True, but you have absolutely no case on said player. Sure, you would have had the time to concoct one.
MiteyMouse wrote: I have voiced my suspicions...I have not had a chance to build full cases yet but, I have said at least twice that I suspect Zorblag and now Papa Zito as well. Is that not good enough for you or are you not reading my posts? You do say that you haven't taken the recent one's into account...have you read them?
Where have you voiced your suspicions? Was it post 214, where you suspect PZ and Zor of sending messages back and forth to each other? Or is it 216 where you suggest PZ with buddying with someone? Your content and responses are so vague that it's hard to pick up anything from you at all. Your answers and responses are very superficial, leading me to believe that you are trying to hide something, and not be put in the limelight.
MiteyMouse wrote: And yes, we are at 9 pages...I left at the start of page 5 and posted on page 9...the pages that did not have me posting were when I was away. I always have trouble at the start of games and, I did not post much but, I'd like to think that what I have posted since I got back is at the very least worth reading.
worth reading, i guess. You have posted five times since I confronted you again.
1. Nothing
2. The only insightful tidbit here is your paragraph three, regarding what Zor said to another playing in another game.
3. Nothing
4. Basically the same thing that was suggest in number 2.
5. Thought of buddy-buddy between PZ and Kor

The thought of PZ and Kor buddying together is in fact intriguing, however i am currently getting a pro-town read from both players. I'll have to do a read of their dialogue.
Raivann
Raivann
Mafia Scum
Raivann
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:16 pm

Post by Raivann »

Papa Zito wrote:
Herodotus wrote:
Pressure? I want this to be a lynch wagon. Do you, or do you not?
Hmm. Your certainty gives me pause.

I'm definitely not a proponent of quick days.
There's something fishy with this.
Heredotus cant wait till I'm lynched, PZ does pressure vote and neuters it by saying it's a pressure vote.
I like my vote on Heredotus.
Digestion only feeds...This abomination breathes!
Herodotus
Herodotus
Black Ops
Herodotus
Black Ops
Black Ops

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:53 pm

Post by Herodotus »

@Raivann:
Do the first two sentences of that post (223) support the third sentence in any way?

@BC:
Does "Kor" stand for Herodotus?
I did indeed mention it. right here.
I noticed that before, then forgot.

@MM:
Pointing out the part about Troll's question for me and PZ was good. Is there anyone else from that game in this game, or just Zorblag and yourself? Could someone link to it?

@Troll:
Why did you ask that question?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”