Mafia 96 - Murder in Emerald City (Game Over!)

Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1400 (ISO) » Sat Jul 18, 2009 7:11 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

I really like the pace that the game is going right now, but I'm sure I won't tomorrow morning when I wake up with ten more pages to read.

I think the Ceruleans may have been planning to kill VP once Mastin was dead. Does anybody else think this?
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. -Wayne Gretzky"
-Wickedestjr
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #1401 (ISO) » Sat Jul 18, 2009 7:13 am

Post by Xylthixlm »

Wickedestjr wrote:I still think townies could have accused you of this. I doubt mafia would deliberately try and get rid of somebody for a bad reason that they even think is bad.
Humans are amazing at lying to themselves. It's called "cognitive dissonance". It's a great scumtell if you can spot it.
#mafia@irc.globalgamers.net

"Xyl was completely berserk" -dramonic
"Xyl's ruthless policy lynching won the game." -Vi
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1402 (ISO) » Sat Jul 18, 2009 7:15 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

Xylthixlm wrote:
Wickedestjr wrote:I still think townies could have accused you of this. I doubt mafia would deliberately try and get rid of somebody for a bad reason that they even think is bad.
Humans are amazing at lying to themselves. It's called "cognitive dissonance". It's a great scumtell if you can spot it.
And this is only done by scum?
-Wickedestjr
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #1403 (ISO) » Sat Jul 18, 2009 7:50 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

Damn, the pace has really picked up...
roflcopter wrote:and now i can tally three games where people try to lynch me for being right
No... It's more the vig-directing ploy. If you hadn't tried to direct the vig-kill, I'd be a lot less suspicious of you.
roflcopter wrote:do you really think that someone would bus their only remaining scumpartner, another mafia power role, from the getgo on day one with two other kill sources remaining?
If Mastin had made an effort to address the DAY 1 problems with his roleclaim, I'd believe that his remaining partner(s) might have tried to coach him. Since Mastin didn't, I think it's much more likely that his remaining partner(s) made plans to bus the fuck out of him.
roflcopter wrote:btw, now that we've had members of both scumteams trying their hardest to get khan lynched, can we finally agree that the guy is town and stop even entertaining the notion that we'll ever lynch him, ever? kthx
Uh, no one was suggesting to lynch me today.
roflcopter wrote:the only person who's intentions i think were honest in wifoming himself about me-mastin was khan. i'm betting that the fact that he did so is what opened the floodgates of opportunism.
Well, I do agree with you about the point that the Vermillion Mafia are likely aiming to lynch you. But the general OMGUS attitude towards anyone suspecting you and the ignoring of the main point against you isn't really helping me see you as town.
Occasionally intellectually honest

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #1404 (ISO) » Sat Jul 18, 2009 8:00 am

Post by Xylthixlm »

Wickedestjr wrote:
Xylthixlm wrote:
And this is only done by scum?
Nothing is
only
done by scum.

Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #1405 (ISO) » Sat Jul 18, 2009 8:10 am

Post by Xylthixlm »

Wickedestjr wrote:
Khan wrote:@Hayker: Stop making posts like 185 & 186. It's bad enough that ZazieR and Mastin post mostly nonsense posts. Don't emulate them.
I saw Zazie comment on this quote as well, but unfortunately I could not find where the actual post was. But anyway, I don't really like this comment. First of all: Hayker didn't make post 186, so your only real evidence for this complaint is post 185 unless you made a mistake and can identify the real post you were talking about. Second of all: It has already been discussed that Mastin and Zaz have been contributing to the scum hunting. While they may post a lot of nonsense, I find that a majority of the content in their posts is helping the game roll along. Third of all: What do you find to be nonsense in Hayker's posts?

I agree that I don't think JR's vote for Mastin is a pretty great one. It doesn't have a very good reason, and like I said before, a majority of the content in Mastin's posts contain scum hunting contribution.
Seems like Wickedestjr is the last Cerulean, or completely bonkers.

Still hunting Vermillion. Namttam looks promising.

Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1406 (ISO) » Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:24 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

Xyl wrote:Seems like Wickedestjr is the last Cerulean, or completely bonkers.

Still hunting Vermillion. Namttam looks promising.
Like I said, I feel that I was one of the few players that attacked Mastin the most. I don't think you replied to that.

Why do you think Namttam is Vermillion?
-Wickedestjr
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #1407 (ISO) » Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:38 am

Post by Xylthixlm »

Wickedestjr wrote:Like I said, I feel that I was one of the few players that attacked Mastin the most. I don't think you replied to that.
What changed your mind from day 1, when you said he was "contributing to the scum hunting" and "helping the game roll along"?
Wickedestjr wrote:Why do you think Namttam is Vermillion?
If Namttam is scum and you're Cerulean, that would make Namttam Vermillion. Duh.

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1408 (ISO) » Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:39 am

Post by roflcopter »

i don't like wicked for cerulean
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #1409 (ISO) » Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:43 am

Post by Xylthixlm »

roflcopter wrote:i don't like wicked for cerulean
Vermillion, then?

Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #1410 (ISO) » Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:48 am

Post by Xylthixlm »

I think I should just hunt scum and leave the cerulean/vermillion speculation to other people.

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1411 (ISO) » Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:51 am

Post by roflcopter »

Xylthixlm wrote:
roflcopter wrote:i don't like wicked for cerulean
Vermillion, then?
maybe. but there are better suspects imo. and i don't just mean you.
Xylthixlm wrote:I think I should just hunt scum and leave the cerulean/vermillion speculation to other people.
do me a favor and focus on people with connections to zazie. i get the feeling that the remains of mastin's team are not long for this world whether they get lynched today or not. whoever it is lies in a very small pool of people, all of whom will most likely be dead before any potential endgame scenario.
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1412 (ISO) » Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:00 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

Xylthixlm wrote:
Wickedestjr wrote:Like I said, I feel that I was one of the few players that attacked Mastin the most. I don't think you replied to that.
What changed your mind from day 1, when you said he was "contributing to the scum hunting" and "helping the game roll along"?
Wickedestjr wrote:Why do you think Namttam is Vermillion?
If Namttam is scum and you're Cerulean, that would make Namttam Vermillion. Duh.
Scum contribute. Well, correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't people suspicious of Nam, because of his link with Mastin. This would only make sense if he was a Cerulean.
-Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1413 (ISO) » Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:02 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

@rofl - Would you rather lynch somebody who you think is a Cerulean, or somebody who you think is a Vermillion?

@Anybody - What were the main reasons for people being suspicious of Nam?
-Wickedestjr
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1414 (ISO) » Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:05 am

Post by roflcopter »

kublai wrote:If Mastin had made an effort to address the DAY 1 problems with his roleclaim, I'd believe that his remaining partner(s) might have tried to coach him. Since Mastin didn't, I think it's much more likely that his remaining partner(s) made plans to bus the fuck out of him.
you're disregarding the fact that i was trying to lynch mastin long before his roleblocker claim on day one
khan wrote:Uh, no one was suggesting to lynch me today.
and i'm making sure no one will ever again. you're the closest thing we have to confirmed town. i have my ideas about at least one of baltar's investigations, but its far from certainty.
khan wrote:Well, I do agree with you about the point that the Vermillion Mafia are likely aiming to lynch you. But the general OMGUS attitude towards anyone suspecting you and the ignoring of the main point against you isn't really helping me see you as town.
i believe i've demonstrated my reason for suspecting those who are trying to paint me as mastin's scumpartner.
soi soi soi

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1415 (ISO) » Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:06 am

Post by roflcopter »

wicked wrote:@rofl - Would you rather lynch somebody who you think is a Cerulean, or somebody who you think is a Vermillion?
today i would rather hit vermillion. it benefits the town if we leave the last cerulean alive to potentially crosskill vermillion. we don't want to clear the board of all kill sources save a scumteam which is already in the stronger position than their rival scumteam. chances are very good that vermillion as one or two power roles left, and cerulean has none.
soi soi soi

Hayker
Hayker
Goon
Hayker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1416 (ISO) » Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:10 am

Post by Hayker »

/unvote

This descision is based purely on gut. Rofl, you've convinced me to not be the best target for today, but don't think you're in the clear yet.
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #1417 (ISO) » Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:35 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

roflcopter wrote:you're disregarding the fact that i was trying to lynch mastin long before his roleblocker claim on day one
Yes, I acknowledge that. However, you have yet to address your scummy action of attempting to direct the vig kill.
roflcopter wrote:i believe i've demonstrated my reason for suspecting those who are trying to paint me as mastin's scumpartner.
Yes, but conversly, it would stand to reason that the best strategy for the remaining Cerulean(s) would be to get the town to ignore any leads towards finding Ceruleans and to get the town to concentrate on finding Vermillion instead. Like this next post for example:
roflcopter wrote:today i would rather hit vermillion. it benefits the town if we leave the last cerulean alive to potentially crosskill vermillion. we don't want to clear the board of all kill sources save a scumteam which is already in the stronger position than their rival scumteam. chances are very good that vermillion as one or two power roles left, and cerulean has none.
Having two mafia factions around hurts the town more than either mafia faction. Eliminating the weaker scum faction at this point reduces the number of night-kills by half. That's the best strategy.

vote: roflcopter

We should aim to get a role-claim from roflcopter today. There's something fishy about him.

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #1418 (ISO) » Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:38 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Kublai Khan wrote:
vote: roflcopter

We should aim to get a role-claim from roflcopter today. There's something fishy about him.
Ok.

Vote roflcopter
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1419 (ISO) » Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:46 am

Post by roflcopter »

khan wrote:Yes, I acknowledge that. However, you have yet to address your scummy action of attempting to direct the vig kill.
its simple - i was/am confident enough in my read of a mastin-kmd scumteam to suggest vigging kmd if mastin flipped scum. a revealed vig should be directed by the town anyway, and no one else was stepping up for making their opinion known one way or the other. as for why i would have wanted myself lynched if i were wrong, it was because i knew i would have become an immediate mislynch, and the aim there was to save the town the trouble.
khan wrote:We should aim to get a role-claim from roflcopter today. There's something fishy about him.
this is a stupid plan. see kmd sheep onto it immediately for evidence.
soi soi soi

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1420 (ISO) » Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:47 am

Post by roflcopter »

ebwop - as for my i wanted myself vigged* if i were wrong

i think you got the idea
soi soi soi

Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #1421 (ISO) » Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:48 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

roflcopter wrote:
khan wrote:We should aim to get a role-claim from roflcopter today. There's something fishy about him.
Yeah, there's no way I thought you were scum before Khan said you were, right? :roll:
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1422 (ISO) » Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:50 am

Post by roflcopter »

Kmd4390 wrote:
roflcopter wrote:
Yeah, there's no way I thought you were scum before Khan said you were, right? :roll:
there's no way you had the balls to vote me before he said a claim should be forced, thats for sure. ckool really should have vigged you.
soi soi soi

Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #1423 (ISO) » Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:55 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

roflcopter wrote:
Kmd4390 wrote:
roflcopter wrote:
there's no way you had the balls to vote me before he said a claim should be forced, thats for sure. ckool really should have vigged you.
Because I didn't vote you yesterday at all, right?
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #1424 (ISO) » Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:07 pm

Post by Kublai Khan »

roflcopter wrote:its simple - i was/am confident enough in my read of a mastin-kmd scumteam to suggest vigging kmd if mastin flipped scum. a revealed vig should be directed by the town anyway, and no one else was stepping up for making their opinion known one way or the other. as for why i would have wanted myself lynched if i were wrong, it was because i knew i would have become an immediate mislynch, and the aim there was to save the town the trouble.
No one else stepped up? Looking at the timeline...

1241 10:21pm - ckool5000 claims

1242 - ckool5000 asks for kill choice
1243 to 1252 - Kmd4390, SerialClergyman, Xylthixlm, VP Baltar make comments, unvote, etc.
1253 11:50pm - roflcopter directs vig kill

1257 - ckool5000 asks for the town to make a decision
1258 - roflcopter repeats his directive

1261 - Kmd4390 agrees to roflcopter's vig directing

90 minutes passed from the time of ckool5000's claim to your vig-kill direction. Are you honestly trying to argue that you gave the rest of the town a fair chance to decide on whom ckool5000 should kill before 'stepping up'?
roflcopter wrote:this is a stupid plan. see kmd sheep onto it immediately for evidence.
You were willing to die yesterday, yet today you don't want to reveal your role? Seems inconsistent.

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”