Mafia 96 - Murder in Emerald City (Game Over!)

SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1325 (ISO) » Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:11 pm

Post by SerialClergyman »

Irritating :P
I'm old now.
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1326 (ISO) » Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:12 pm

ckool - it means something like enthusiastic and sincere and possibly naive mixed together.
I'm old now.
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1327 (ISO) » Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:30 pm

*DINGDINGDINGDINGDINGDINGDING*

Time's up.

Mastin's had stacks of time to start posting properly, he did lie about when he came back (he's been posting like mad in jungle mafia), once he claimed and Zazie died he's gone completely silent when he is under great suspicion, something that's supposed to fire him up and get him involved with the game. Too much time, too many chances.

vote: Mastin
I'm old now.
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1328 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:35 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

[quote="Namttam"]Let's call it gut.

You really should not try to post like this. I've already explained my thoughts on some players you asked about. That makes me think you don't really care about my answers at all. That makes my gut reading towards you a little stronger.

But I'll humor you none the less. KK is scum. I'm suspicious of VP. I'm not that suspicious of Kmd. I did a read of him in ISO since you asked and he comes off as town to me. Why do you ask about Kmd? Worried since he was suspicious of you?[quote]

I'm sorry, I didn't remember you saying your opinions on some of those players. I do care about your answers, I want to hear your opinions on other players and sorry if I have asked you something more than once, but I just want as much information in case you get nk'd.

I got an innocent result from Kmd last night too. I was just interested in hearing what others thought about him. I am not worried about Kmd being suspicious of me. He said it was only gut any way.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. -Wayne Gretzky"
-Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1329 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:44 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

Didn't Mastin say something along the lines of "I only have fun when I am under suspicion". And didn't he also say "I only post when I'm having fun." That's a load of BS. :?
-Wickedestjr
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1330 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:58 am

Wicked wrote:I got an innocent result from Kmd last night too.
:shock: :?: :?:
I'm old now.
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1331 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:18 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

SerialClergyman wrote:
Wicked wrote:I got an innocent result from Kmd last night too.
:shock: :?: :?:
What? Do you not think that Kmd is innocent?
-Wickedestjr
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1332 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:25 am

Post by VP Baltar »

I'm think he's curious if you mean you got an innocent "read" from Kmd last night. Result implies something else I'm sure you can figure out.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
molestargazer
molestargazer
Goon
molestargazer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1333 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:25 am

Post by molestargazer »

Interesting.
Mastin got to L-1 from 3 votes in 4 pages (51-54). In these pages, he only posted once apologising for his being V/LA.

I may as well say what I think now.
I personally think that this wagon formed FAR too quickly. Yes, Mastin is scummy. But I really don't think he's scummy enough to be worthy of a lynch. I think there's definitely some opportunistic scum on this wagon especially when he hasn't had a chance to defend what he's being voted for- oh, wait:
roflcopter, Post 1252 wrote:unvote, vote: mastin

ckool: if mastin flips scum you should kill kmd tonight, if he flips town you should kill me
kmd, Post 1261 wrote:Works for me even at the risk that Mastin actually is scum. It's just one more way that my top suspect can be eliminated.

Unvote, Vote Mastin
ckool, Post 1266 wrote:vote: Mastin

Um.... It seems like the correct thing to do.
VPB, Post 1287 wrote:Vote Mastin I'm not sure if I agree with the kill this person or that person depending on the flip. My gut read on rofl and Kmd is that they are both town and I think there are better persons to eliminate *cough* Lowell *cough*.

Wicked, do you think Hayker is town or scum as of this moment?
Xylthixlm, Post 1300 wrote:vote: Mastin

I like this bandwagon.
Wickedestjr, Post 1303 wrote:Hmm... True. I guess the Mastin wagon is better atm. Unvote Vote:Mastin
SerialClergyman, Post 1237 wrote:*DINGDINGDINGDINGDINGDINGDING*

Time's up.

Mastin's had stacks of time to start posting properly, he did lie about when he came back (he's been posting like mad in jungle mafia), once he claimed and Zazie died he's gone completely silent when he is under great suspicion, something that's supposed to fire him up and get him involved with the game. Too much time, too many chances.

vote: Mastin
- There's barely any reasons to respond to.

This bandwagon has been formed because of one claim and an offer to NK someone. Everyone, with Clergyman as a possible exception, has lept onto this bandwagon without giving a single jot of reasoning for why they think he's scum, or without even summarising a previous case so that Mastin can defend himself.

It's just a poor attempt at a quicklynch.
As such, I won't be joining this wagon. I might be horribly wrong, but that's where I stand right now.
Wickedest wrote:I got an innocent result from Kmd last night too.
Is this a cop claim or is it just results from a read?
My Wiki Page
|
My Last.FM
|
My Steam
I am
not
called 'molest'.

Unable to play mafia right now - life's too hectic with University. Apologies for replacing out...
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1334 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:30 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

Oh, I read Kmd in iso last night. And I got a town read on him. Sorry that I worded that strangely. :oops:
-Wickedestjr
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1335 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:03 am

Post by iamausername »

-=Vote Count #37=-

Mastin (8) - curiouskarmadog, roflcopter, Kmd4390, ckool5000, VP Baltar, Xylthixlm, Wickedestjr, SerialClergyman
roflcopter (2) - molestargazer, Namttam
Hayker (2) - Lowell, Faraday
ckool5000 (1) - Hayker
VP Baltar (1) - Mastin
Kublai Khan (1) - Empking's Alt

Not Voting (2) - Achilles, Kublai Khan

9 to lynch.
Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #1336 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:13 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

molestargazer wrote:
- There's barely any reasons to respond to.

This bandwagon has been formed because of one claim and an offer to NK someone. Everyone, with Clergyman as a possible exception, has lept onto this bandwagon without giving a single jot of reasoning for why they think he's scum, or without even summarising a previous case so that Mastin can defend himself.
Uh, I've been waiting for Mastin to erspond to me 895 for over 2 weeks now. His stalling has probably allowed his scum-partners to position themselves better as his bussers. Something I'll look for when we go to night. Which should be about now.

Vote: Mastin
Occasionally intellectually honest

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1337 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:16 am

Post by Lowell »

prod recieved. Will post thoughts tomorrow if I'm alive.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1338 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:35 am

Post by iamausername »

-=Vote Count #38=-

Mastin (9) - curiouskarmadog, roflcopter, Kmd4390, ckool5000, VP Baltar, Xylthixlm, Wickedestjr, SerialClergyman, Kublai Khan

roflcopter (2) - molestargazer, Namttam
Hayker (2) - Lowell, Faraday
ckool5000 (1) - Hayker
VP Baltar (1) - Mastin
Kublai Khan (1) - Empking's Alt

Not Voting (1) - Achilles

9 to lynch.

Mastin, perhaps the loudest talker of all through the first day, goes strangely quiet on the second, and the rest of the town do not like that one bit. It doesn't take them long to come to an agreement that Mastin has to go.

But was he scum? Well, I'm afraid to say that Mastin was exactly what he said he was - a Mafia Roleblocker.

Mastin, Cerulean Mafia Roleblocker - Lynched Day 2

-=It is now Night 2. Going to look for a temporary replacement for ckd, but if I can't find one, the night won't end until after he gets back next week.=-
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1339 (ISO) » Sat Jul 18, 2009 1:14 am

Post by iamausername »

ckd has PMed me to let me know he's back, so the night's not quite as extended as I expected.

I might fill out some flavour here later, but for now I'm just getting the day started before I head out for the weekend.

ckool5000, Emerald Vigilante - Slaughtered Night Two
VP Baltar, Emerald Cop - Murdered Night Two
Empking's Alt, Emerald Neighbour - Annihilated Night Two

-=It is now Day Three. Deadline set for Saturday, August 8th. With 13 alive, it will take 7 votes to lynch.=-
Hayker
Hayker
Goon
Hayker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1340 (ISO) » Sat Jul 18, 2009 3:13 am

Post by Hayker »

Ouch, not a good day to be a citizen.(goes to check on who is still alive)
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1341 (ISO) » Sat Jul 18, 2009 4:06 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

I am back (sort of) trying to get caught up on internet stuff....hoping to post something in the next couple of days.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1342 (ISO) » Sat Jul 18, 2009 4:16 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

There are thirteen of us left. Hmm... I'm assuming that ckool killed Empking's Alt. I was planning on voting Empking's Alt, but I can't do that now. I had this idea earlier of Vp being a possible cop and had inspected Mastin, and maybe he did inspect Mastin. I think we can assume now that there are only two scum groups.

These are the players that are left by the way;

Achilles
curiouskarmadog
Faraday
Hayker
Kmd4390
Kublai Khan
Lowell
molestargazer
Namttam
roflcopter
SerialClergyman
Xylthixlm
Wickedestjr

This is just an idea, but I've noticed that a bunch of people are just jumping on the best bandwagon to not attract suspicion, and others claim that it is just their normal playstyle. But I thought it would be a good idea if those people would come and give their opinions on other players and not just follow a bandwagon that has already been started. I feel that we have let them get away with it for too long. I'm not saying that they are necessarily scum, but we are never going to get a good read on them if there only posts are "Still here re-reading" or "ooh I'll join this bandwagon". Just a suggestion though.
-Wickedestjr
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #1343 (ISO) » Sat Jul 18, 2009 4:23 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

Hmm.. Bad night. Though I gotta admit I'm laughing my ass off at scum-Mastin and scum-ZazieR for buddying up to each other on Day 1.

Initial suspicions:

molestargazer
for an attempted last minute defense of Mastin. There's something weird about how he agreed with the majority about Mastin's scumminess, yet didn't want the lynch. Plus some of the people on the Mastin bandwagon that molestargazer listed have made their case against Mastin really clear (like VP Baltar for example). And why wasn't curiouskarmadog on your list? His vote (1164) isn't really any more in-depth than the rest that you quoted..

roflcopter
: For post 1258 mostly. It struck me a little weird that Mastin's defenses were so poor and scarce on Day 2. I know this is WIFOM, but surely his mafia teammates should have tried to come up with a strategy to make his RB claim more believable. One good explanation why they didn't would be to make themselves look town by being his biggest attacker.

Enter roflcopter. He was one of Mastin's biggest attackers. Plus his attempt to direct the vig-kill based on the guilt/innocence of his scum-mate Mastin accomplishes a lot of tasks: He looks town. He controls the vigilante (protecting himself). He eliminates a townie. Even if ckool5000 doesn't listen to him (or his vig got re-directed maybe?), he still ends up with the better part of the deal.

Wickedestjr
: For the weird cop-ish claim towards the end of the day. I wasn't going to bring attention to it because I thought maybe you were the cop, but with VP Baltar's death kinda nixes that idea. My gut is strongly telling me that you were trying to divert the doc protect away from the claimed pro-town killing role.

Plus
FOSes
for those flying under the radar: Achilles, Faraday, & Lowell I think are the biggest offenders.

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #1344 (ISO) » Sat Jul 18, 2009 4:26 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

I'll vote based on who has the worst defense.

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #1345 (ISO) » Sat Jul 18, 2009 4:56 am

Post by Faraday »

Hayker wrote:Ouch, not a good day to be a citizen.(goes to check on who is still alive)
this went w/o saying but anyway.

As for people I'm suspicious of:
Achillies and Hayker would be top two atm.

Achillies has pretty much luirked his way through the last day phase and has failed to catch up, despite promises to the contrary. Hayker still seems likely to be scum to me.

kk wrote:For post 1258 mostly. It struck me a little weird that Mastin's defenses were so poor and scarce on Day 2. I know this is WIFOM, but surely his mafia teammates should have tried to come up with a strategy to make his RB claim more believable. One good explanation why they didn't would be to make themselves look town by being his biggest attacker.

Enter roflcopter. He was one of Mastin's biggest attackers. Plus his attempt to direct the vig-kill based on the guilt/innocence of his scum-mate Mastin accomplishes a lot of tasks: He looks town. He controls the vigilante (protecting himself). He eliminates a townie. Even if ckool5000 doesn't listen to him (or his vig got re-directed maybe?), he still ends up with the better part of the deal.
Blah this is a very flimsy reason to be suspecting rofl. Are you saying you think him/mastin are scum-buddies then? I find that fairly unlikely due to the way rofl has pretty much wanted mastin lynched from the get-go.

Rofl seems pretty town overall.

Need to read/re-read a few people in iso I think :)
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #1346 (ISO) » Sat Jul 18, 2009 5:11 am

Post by Xylthixlm »

Xylthixlm wrote:
Wickedestjr wrote:
roflcopter wrote:can we lynch mastin now? he's just going to continue trying to use his fake rb claim to spin farfetched theories and try to score mislynches with them.
So first you are voting Hayker, then you suddenly switch your vote over to Mastin, and now you are extremely eager to lynch him without even hearing a response from him?

FoS: rofl
That's pretty normal for roflcopter.

Possible Wickedestjr/Mastin scumbuddy tell here.
vote: Wickedestjr
#mafia@irc.globalgamers.net

"Xyl was completely berserk" -dramonic
"Xyl's ruthless policy lynching won the game." -Vi
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #1347 (ISO) » Sat Jul 18, 2009 5:41 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

If Rofl was scum with Mastin, it would make sense for him to say shoot me if Mastin is scum and shoot him if Mastin is town. Just sayin'.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #1348 (ISO) » Sat Jul 18, 2009 5:42 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Also, Emp's neighbor flip is surprising. I didn't see anything to connect him to Mufasa.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
Hayker
Hayker
Goon
Hayker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1349 (ISO) » Sat Jul 18, 2009 5:43 am

Post by Hayker »

The rofl wifom idea makes sense to me. Things have nagged at me in my past several iso reads. These consisted of: rofl, vp, lowel, bloodcovenent, dvd, kmd, fallen angel, faraday
I'd like to note that I intend to finish my iso reads on every player in the game. This promise is not a fast promise nescesarily(but that's also not to say that it can't be a fast promise)

Rofl, within the first few pages pf the game(keep in mind iso read, but it was all on day 1, claimed Mastin to be scum, with fallen angel as his scum buddy. Then some referances were made to Lynch all Lurkers, where rofl called a scum and his scum partner.

Seems similer doesn't it? It seems a bunch fo things in this game lined up with Lynch all lurkers.

Bare with me for the rest of this post, when I started it, I thought it was a good idea at first, but now I'm having major second thoughts, and don't consider it all too legitimate. But in the spirit of insanity, my boredom, mind games, and quite simply just to remember my thought just in case I present to you all, THE MIND**** FILES.

Hokay so, I'm thinkign rofl, Mastin for scum team. Fallen angel could be included, but I cannot find anything to prove it, and he could be included in a particular mind game, that would involve him getting lynched.

Mastin said at the beggining of the game that he felt he wasn't as good as scum, and wasn't beneficial to the scum team. If Mastin knows this about himself, wouldn't he warn his scum team about it? There could have been a plan.

Rofl is known for tunneling. At times he does indeed post points, but usually he just say if someone is scum or town, and seems to never change his opinion.

This means Rofl could easily bus a scum partner, and look great doing it. He'd attract very little attention. Why not make the situation look like another game?

Fallen angel,Xyl.....I'm unsure of what to do about at the moment. I'm gonna re-read fallen again, and then read Xyl. Really, I'll have a better view once rofl is dead.

vote:roflcopter

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”