Newbie 803 - Game Over.

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:08 am

Post by Porkens »

wow, well, that's about as transparent as you can get. Jammer for scum.

unvote; vote Jammer]/b]
jammer
jammer
Goon
jammer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:20 am

Post by jammer »

You could actually respond to the points.

Your bold-tags have a typo.

Mod: vote count on last page had a typo. Porkens had 2 votes not one at that moment.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:47 am

Post by Porkens »

You never voted for me before I claimed cop. I'm dubious as to why
that
puts me over the top on your scumdar.

unvote, vote Jammer
jammer
jammer
Goon
jammer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:09 am

Post by jammer »

1) I haven't voted you before, but I've suspected you before.

2) Can you explain your behaviour, the reason I voted you?

3) Chia unvoting and HH apologising just becouse you claimed cop?(convenient claim for mafia to make)
I put you back at L-1 to put the pressure back. Acting scummy to not being NK'd as a cop. I would see a newb-cop doing that, but acting scummy so you aren't NK'd and becouse of that having to claim at L-1, honestly isn't something I would see a older player doing.

4) Who is your innocent, it sure isn't HH or me.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:49 am

Post by Porkens »

What points?! The lurking? I've explained that.
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:12 am

Post by Zorblag »

Vote Count 2.3

The numbers by the voters indicate the order in which the vote was cast. If two or more players are tied for the most votes to lynch at the deadline the tiebreaker will be the player who has the earliest active vote.

Porkens: 3: Hurleys_Van (3), Einlanzers (5), jammer (7)
jammer: 1: Porkens (8)

Not voting: Chiarosicada, Col.Cathart, Head_Honcho

With 7 alive it takes 4 to lynch. Currently Porkens would be lynched at deadline. Deadline is 3:00 PM EDT/12:00 PM PDT on Tuesday, July 28th.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Last edited by Zorblag on Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jammer
jammer
Goon
jammer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:43 am

Post by jammer »

Ok, so you act scummy on purpose. To not be NK'd.

Then you are called out for it, you continue doing it, becouse?
Being lynched isn't NK'd?

You know continuing it, especially after Col. asked for more imput from you, would end you being into a lynch position. But you didn't stop.

General question: Why continue acting scummy, if you are being pushed forward as the first lynch candidate?
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:39 am

Post by Porkens »

Look; I've talked about my suspects (currently you), I'm fairly sure I'm right on the money. You never voted me till I claimed cop, probably because you wanted to keep a scummy player around till lylo. You've been giving me every benefit of the doubt in the universe until I claimed a power role, now you are HOT to lynch me, to get an easy lynch on a PR.
Head_Honcho
Head_Honcho
Goon
Head_Honcho
Goon
Goon

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:46 am

Post by Head_Honcho »

Hey champ, if you've claimed cop already, might as well tell us your innocent.
Immoral Acts: 0
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:13 am

Post by Porkens »

Not gunna happen yet.
Chiarosicada
Chiarosicada
Goon
Chiarosicada
Goon
Goon

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:18 am

Post by Chiarosicada »

Mm. If we lynch Porkens today and he flips scum, it doesn't matter who his innocent was. If he flips town, his innocent may die tonight. I'm not sure if it really matters.

If we don't lynch Porkens today and he's town, he may or may not die depending on possible blocks or protects. Either way, he wouldn't get an investigation - he'll either die or be blocked. If we don't lynch Porkens and he's scum... well, we'll be in lylo without anything to confirm or deny that he's the cop.

Ugh. This claim is a lot to digest. I think it's more likely that Porkens is scum than cop. I'm also not sure what this means for idea for the HH/Porkens pair; their interactions before and following the claim seem neither particularly genuine nor artificial...

That being said, claiming cop is certainly the best possible claim for scum in this scenario. There simply isn't a way to verify, and provides a plausible justification for acting scummy. I'm favoring Porkens' lynch, after he tells us his innocent. If Porkens is town, we'll at least have someone confirmed (though possibly dead) tomorrow.

Ein, your thoughts on Porkens' claim?

@Zorblag: I don't have my vote on HH. I'm not voting anyone right now

Fixed, thanks for the heads up.
Zorblag - For now Troll will go have some rum and see if that inspires any wonderful solutions. Troll no be hopeful but at least Troll will get to have some rum.
Chiarosicada
Chiarosicada
Goon
Chiarosicada
Goon
Goon

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:19 am

Post by Chiarosicada »

And HH,
What does it mean to be defensive? Is it scummy to be defensive?
Zorblag - For now Troll will go have some rum and see if that inspires any wonderful solutions. Troll no be hopeful but at least Troll will get to have some rum.
Chiarosicada
Chiarosicada
Goon
Chiarosicada
Goon
Goon

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:24 am

Post by Chiarosicada »

My read of Porkens right now is scum trying to cloud up the water as much as possible for tomorrow, knowing that he'll probably be lynched. His claim and votes on both HH and jammer seem to be serving that purpose.
Head_Honcho
Head_Honcho
Goon
Head_Honcho
Goon
Goon

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:28 pm

Post by Head_Honcho »

I think you should tell us now, Porkens. The longer you wait the more I think you're just trying to 'use' it.

I want to clarify, again, since jammer cited this. My apology wasn't really intended to be game related.

Chia: I think it all depends on the context. In your case I thought it looked a little too eager. It looked like you made an effort to be the first post of the day, and I was thinking it was because you wanted to swing at me because you thought I was going to swing at you and you wanted your push to look less OMGUS.

Porkens, if you're really a cop it would be awesome if you would start posting. I don't see how Jammer has to be scum to disbelieve your claim. Everything's kind of waiting on you.
Head_Honcho
Head_Honcho
Goon
Head_Honcho
Goon
Goon

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:29 pm

Post by Head_Honcho »

Also, HV and Ein are being suspiciously quiet.
Einlanzers
Einlanzers
Goon
Einlanzers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:23 pm

Post by Einlanzers »

@Chiarosicada, I think it's just a ploy to prevent us from lynching him. I'd be really interested to hear who his innocent is though. Also if there's a cop isn't there also supposed to be a doctor? They obviously didn't save VP :/. I'm quite certain that Porkens is scum as-of-now. But that could change if he posted more on his thoughts and on his "innocent".
Chiarosicada
Chiarosicada
Goon
Chiarosicada
Goon
Goon

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:43 pm

Post by Chiarosicada »

There doesn't have to be a doc if there's a cop.
OP wrote:The actual game setup is randomly chosen from one of four possible setups as detailed below:

1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Roleblocker, 1 Sane Cop, 1 Sane Doctor, 5 Townies

2 Mafia Goons, 1 Sane Cop, 6 Townies
HH wrote:Chia: I think it all depends on the context. In your case I thought it looked a little too eager. It looked like you made an effort to be the first post of the day, and I was thinking it was because you wanted to swing at me because you thought I was going to swing at you and you wanted your push to look less OMGUS.
Yes, I wanted to be the first post of the day. I mentioned that I had been writing that post during Night 1. I had that time to consider your case against me and react to it. Had you not hammered Santos earlier than I thought you would have, I would have written a similar post, though it might have taken longer (it's easier to think during night phases when you can't post and can only analyze).

I think my case against you, which I laid out in 435 is very difficult to construe as OMGUS. I think you asked me if town could have legitimately suspected Santos, to which I replied yes, myself included. I'll ask you a similar question. Do you find it plausible that a pro-town player would vote you in response to a case against him that he thinks is crap?
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:53 pm

Post by Zorblag »

Mod note: Prodding Hurleys_Van

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:02 pm

Post by Porkens »

Mm. If we lynch Porkens today and he flips scum, it doesn't matter who his innocent was. If he flips town, his innocent may die tonight. I'm not sure if it really matters.
The point is that if you don't lynch me, you have the opportunity to have 2-3 confirmned innocents tomorrow. Or 2 innocents and a scum.

If you're going to hammer me, give me some warning. I'll tell you who my innocent is before I'm hammered.
Head_Honcho
Head_Honcho
Goon
Head_Honcho
Goon
Goon

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:22 pm

Post by Head_Honcho »

There's no reason not to give your innocent today. Scum are the only ones who know if you're lying or telling the truth, so if you're telling the truth there's no disadvantage to giving your innocent. Withholding doesn't make any sense unless you are scum.
Hurleys_Van
Hurleys_Van
Townie
Hurleys_Van
Townie
Townie

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:18 pm

Post by Hurleys_Van »

I'm here, been reading and everything.

The Porkens claim seems to be the logical think for scum too do when there on the brink of being lynched.

Also when you say that giving your innocent away isn't benefiscial at all, wouldn't it mean that if you told, and you end up being the cop, that the innocent is basically confirmed and there wouldn't end up being a mislynch on them?

I see it as only beneficial and the fact that your hiding it really dosn't make any sense to me.

My vote stands
"For the record, my belt HAS dropped a notch. I'm a big guy. It's gonna be a while before you're going to want to give me a piggy back ride."
jammer
jammer
Goon
jammer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:47 am

Post by jammer »

Chiarosicada wrote:I think my case against you, which I laid out in 435 is very difficult to construe as OMGUS. I think you asked me if town could have legitimately suspected Santos, to which I replied yes, myself included. I'll ask you a similar question. Do you find it plausible that a pro-town player would vote you in response to a case against him that he thinks is crap?
You voted HH for a crapcase against you. Isn't that OMGUS? Would you have build a case against HH, if HH suspected someone else?
Chiarosicada
Chiarosicada
Goon
Chiarosicada
Goon
Goon

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:42 am

Post by Chiarosicada »

It's not that his case is against me, it's that he made a crap case. So yes, if HH levied a similarly opportunistic case against someone else, I would have built a case against him. That being said, I think I would have analyzed his argument less carefully if it were against someone else, since the only alignment I know is my own.

I've always understood OMGUS to be voting someone solely because he or she voted you. This isn't the case. If it were, OMGUS wouldn't be scummy.

-------

If I had to vote right now, I'd hammer Porkens. However, we have a long time until deadline and there's a lot that needs to be discussed.
Porkens wrote:The point is that if you don't lynch me, you have the opportunity to have 2-3 confirmned innocents tomorrow. Or 2 innocents and a scum.
Let's see. If you are indeed a cop, there are two possible scenarios regarding other living power roles.

1. There are no other power roles.
2. There is a doctor and a mafia roleblocker.

Assuming that you're a cop, you'll die under scenario 1. We'll have no confirmed innocents, unless you give us your innocent and we don't lynch you.

Under scenario 2, scum will block you and hunt the doc. If the doc doesn't die, we'll have three confirmed living players tomorrow, 2 town+(1 scum or 1 town).

Even if you're really a cop and we don't lynch you, there's only a 50% chance you'll live through the night. Why are you withholding your innocent result?

-------

I'd like everyone who hasn't weighed in on my case against HH and his case against me to do so.
Einlanzers
Einlanzers
Goon
Einlanzers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:55 am

Post by Einlanzers »

@Chia:
Porkens - 10
HH - 6
Chia - 2

0 Being town and 10 being scum :P

Porkens is my main suspect right now. Even when he's this close to lynch he still isn't posting anything over one sentence. I'd like to hear how he feels on EACH player and of course who his innocent is.

I do think that HH is scummy, but for now I need to find out what's going on with this whole Porkens mess.

Although I gave you crap earlier on I don't think you're very likely to be scum (though I could be wrong). You, jammer, and VP are all posting a lot and not acting overly scummy to me.
Head_Honcho
Head_Honcho
Goon
Head_Honcho
Goon
Goon

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:50 pm

Post by Head_Honcho »

I don't think my case was a crap case. I think I was hasty, but Chia has been playing a very, very on the fence game. Until I accused him. Lashing back at me is the only thing he's done with any conviction this whole game, and I suppose that's why it looks scummy to me. And what about your crap case against Porkens? The double standard I saw there was part of why I initially voted you, and now you are voting me for a crap case? I find it pretty convenient that you refused to understand just why your porkens case was flawed until you had me to go after. You told me it was 'fantasmagorical reaching' and ': /' when I bring up the idea of you two as a scumteam, which seems like a bit of an overreaction, and surely you've heard of distancing and bussing. I suppose those instances are often built on crap cases. I don't think it's the most likely thing in the world though, and I don't really think Porkens is scum yet. He'll have to post eventually.
Chiarosicada wrote:I'm also not sure what this means for idea for the HH/Porkens pair; their interactions before and following the claim seem neither particularly genuine nor artificial...
Lol.
Chiarosicada wrote:Eh this relentless wagoning by Porkens makes me want him lynched, but at the same time I want his vote for HH's lynch...

I suppose the bottom line is that it'll be easier to determine HH's alignment over Porkens' alignment on day 3 (assuming we lynch one of them), but I find HH individually scummier than Porkens. A generous explanation for Porkens' behavior could just be that he's a bored IC or something. Does anyone know if it's consistent with his meta?
You were SO convinced I was scum, then around the same time Porkens jumps on my wagon and it starts looking like I won't get lynched. You then make this fluff post which basically informs us you are down to lynch anybody. Just like yesterday!

Ein, VP is dead, he's not posting a lot.

Anyway, it wasn't a crapcase. It was tactless to say that if Santos flipped town I thought you were scum, but I have explained my intentions with that statement. And I do think you are scum.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”