Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #875 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:13 am

Post by Patrick »

Votecount

Mastin (7) -- Kmd4390, OhGodMyLife, Sir Tornado, Empking, Kise, millar13, MissTake
millar13 (3) -- cateraction, semioldguy, Porochaz
OhGodMyLife (1) -- Sajin
cateraction (1) -- populartajo

Not voting: Mastin, Ether, zwetschenwasser, Battle Mage
16 alive, 9 to lynch.

Boosting

Kise (1) -- Sajin
Battle Mage (4) -- Sajin, Kise, Empking, populartajo
Porochaz (6) -- Sajin, Sir Tornado, Empking, MissTake, Kise, cateraction
Sajin (7) -- Kmd4390, cateraction, Sir Tornado, Kise, semioldguy, Porochaz, populartajo
MissTake (3) -- Kmd4390, OhGodMyLife, popularajo
Kmd4390 (6) -- cateraction, OhGodMyLife, Empking, millar13, MissTake, Porochaz
populartajo (1) -- millar13
semioldguy (1) -- OhGodMyLife
zwetschenwasser (1) -- millar13
Primpod 11:13 pm
chamber can you please come to ukmeet
i would love to finally touch your face
millar13
millar13
Who dunnit it?
millar13
Who dunnit it?
Who dunnit it?

Post Post #876 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:31 am

Post by millar13 »

Unboost: Zwet and populartajo
Town Record: 6-6
Mafia Record: 1-2
Special Roles: 0-1
Coin Games: 4th (Game 1) 1st (Game 2) 5th (All-Star Game) Hosted (Game 3) Couples 3rd
Sir Tornado
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #877 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:02 am

Post by Sir Tornado »

Porochaz wrote: Im interested to know his reasons for his uturn on Mastin, boosting him day 1, voting him day 2, without an explanation. Im also wanting to hear his thoughts on kmd, why are you not boosting him today after boosting him yesterday? I am also interested in your thoughts on Wiirdo at the moment.
I was convinced that Mufasa was scum on D1, and I obviously got it wrong. I am perhaps not as attuned to this game as I thought I was, and there is a great chance that I got my read on Mastin wrong too.

The fact that Mastin appears to have been constantly V/LA doesn't help matters either.
Porochaz wrote: Im also wanting to hear his thoughts on kmd, why are you not boosting him today after boosting him yesterday?
I think Kmd is town. I favour spreading boosts around rather than concentrating it on one person.
Porochaz wrote: I am also interested in your thoughts on Wiirdo at the moment.
I think he's scum.
Ether wrote:Tornado, you'd gambit like that as scum anyway, right?
I have played a lot of games on MS Ether, and many of them are with you in it, and I am *very* conservative player as both town as well as scum (which is why I don't get lynched so often, and almost never as town). I have, to the best of my knowledge never tried to pull any sort of gambit. Hell, I haven't even false claimed any power role as scum even under pressure (apart from that one game -- Mini 466 -- where I disastrously claimed pro-town roleblocker and got counter claimed and lynched immediately). So, historically, everything is against me trying to pull off a gambit like that, but all I say about this is going to be called WIFOM anyway so you may disregard this if you want to.
Ether wrote:but you should give me permission to lynch you.
And, no you may not have the permission to lynch me. I am not about to give you my blessing to give me my first pro-town lynch in a non-newbie game in 2 years. It's the only good thing about my otherwise dismal record as town (3 wins and god knows how many losses), and I cherish it greatly.
I'm back!
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #878 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:08 am

Post by OhGodMyLife »

Prodded, reading and posting tonight after the Philharmonic concert in Central Park
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #879 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:43 am

Post by Porochaz »

V. MissTake
finds consM scummy

calls out empking for lurking

attacks zwet not contributing

A. Boosts Day 1
Thinks the boosts day 1 are being laid down to quickly despite already laying down 2 boosts
1. Kmd
2. Papa Zito
3. Tajo
Late on

B. Votes Day 1
1. Mufasa
Unvotes Mufasa and votes ConsM before the end of the day
2. Votes ConsM

C. Boosts Day 2
1. kmd
2. Porochaz

D. Votes Day 2
1. Mastin
For not posting despite saying he will be V/LA. Thinks Millar is worse and is wondering why were not looking at any other case. From post 827 it looks like she is trying to do the opposite.

Ok MissTake. Is the first person who actually has posted a fair amount so far. The problem I have with her is that she walks the line from scum to town fairly often. The fact she moved off the Mufasa wagon and onto the ConsM wagon is interesting but probably done to early too take anything from. Other things is her complaining about boosts being thrown down to quickly despite her having already put two boosts down on day 1. However beyond those I actually see MissTake scumhunting and up until recently I thought she was town.

Her latest series of posts have made me feel otherwise. The ConsM/Mastin mix up despite half the game already calling ConsM, Mastin and even if that were the case she calls mastin scummier and consM full scum. So did you make a mistake or not? Because if you did, shouldn't you be voting for one of them? and if you didnt make a mistake why do you claim to have done in post 830? and why do you look like your referring to them as two seperate people in 827?

As I seem to be asking questions of everyone at the end. I want your clear views on millar and ConsM/Mastin plus a few lines as to why your voting one over the other.
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #880 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:45 am

Post by Porochaz »

Next two are kmd and millar, as kmd has posted lots and millar is someone I want to go through slowly I will be doing them later due to me drinking just now.
MissTake
MissTake
Townie
MissTake
Townie
Townie

Post Post #881 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:42 am

Post by MissTake »

Kise wrote: I'll probably be hiding at my mistress' house if that ever happens.
I probably should kill you for having a mistress :colbert: You're dead either way, sweetie <3
Kise wrote:Oh yeah... do you feel that the wagon Mastin is some sort of policy lynch, or something similar? And where do the scum-vibes come from; what is it that Mastin did that made you believe he was maf'?
More on this later - Catching up at the moment and want to avoid mega posting.
Porochaz wrote:The ConsM/Mastin mix up despite half the game already calling ConsM, Mastin and even if that were the case she calls mastin scummier and consM full scum. So did you make a mistake or not? Because if you did, shouldn't you be voting for one of them? and if you didnt make a mistake why do you claim to have done in post 830? and why do you look like your referring to them as two seperate people in 827?
Next post will be answering Kise, and the post following that will be answering you Porochaz.
MissTake
MissTake
Townie
MissTake
Townie
Townie

Post Post #882 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:01 am

Post by MissTake »

Answering Kise:
Kise wrote:Oh yeah... do you feel that the wagon Mastin is some sort of policy lynch, or something similar? And where do the scum-vibes come from; what is it that Mastin did that made you believe he was maf'?
Policy lynch? What exactly do you mean by this?

I'm going to be going back and reading from the beginning to get things accurate, so this first part of my post is going to be based on memory.

I'm not going to lie and say that my opinion of Mastin isn't tarnished by the actions of his predecessor, because they
are
. ConsM was playing (in my opinion) an incredibly scummy game (which is debatable, solely for the fact that his "play style" happens to appear scummy). Mastin came in and has been lurking, as someone said before, ironically like ConsM was. If you want more, I can put together a more thorough and better articulated case. I'm currently at work at the moment (yayfor stealing interbutts), so I'm a little pressed for time.

The reason that I said I shouldn't be voting for him out of principle was because (at the point of that post) there wasn't a monumental amount of evidence pointing at Mastin being scum, yet everyone was jumping on him like his dick was made of gold. The only reason that I
did
vote for him was because I had gotten a bad vibe from him (I didn't realize at that point in time that ConsM was his predecessor).

Lately, I've been kind of stressed and when I get stressed I have difficulties processing information and retaining it. I'm not going to lie, I honestly believed that Mastin was the one that hammer voted Mufasa (which upon re-reading I see that is was millar13.)

So, I apologize to everyone for getting things confused. I have to actually set aside time to re-read, so, posts from me will be less frequent but they will be better put together for... the next week or two.

(Side Note: Yay, I get stable internet back in my apartment tonight!)
MissTake
MissTake
Townie
MissTake
Townie
Townie

Post Post #883 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:08 am

Post by MissTake »

Porochaz wrote:The ConsM/Mastin mix up despite half the game already calling ConsM, Mastin and even if that were the case she calls mastin scummier and consM full scum. So did you make a mistake or not? and if you didnt make a mistake why do you claim to have done in post 830? and why do you look like your referring to them as two seperate people in 827?
Yeah, I pulled a Space Cadet. I didn't realize that Mastin was replacing ConsM. I already apologized and explained
why
I screwed up in the post prior to this.
Porochaz wrote:As I seem to be asking questions of everyone at the end. I want your clear views on millar and ConsM/Mastin plus a few lines as to why your voting one over the other.
Once again, I'm really sorry but I'm at work so in depth answers aren't going to come out until later tonight, so unfortunately, right now, these are going to have to do :-(

A lot of my issues with Mastin come from ConsM's playing prior. I thought (for some ungodly reason) that Millar was Mastin in regards to whole hammering thing. That's why I was so willing to vote for him, because I thought that was the basis for the wagon. My bad, I've already apologized for that.

Now that all the information is in perspective, I want to go back and take a look at more information before I either A) Switch my vote or B) Keep my vote in place.

They're both scummy in my opinion, and I don't want to say anything else until I have
all
of the facts straight. For the moment, my vote will stay where it is.
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #884 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:54 am

Post by zwetschenwasser »

Porochaz wrote:Empking - Nothing much here either. He posts mainly to vote and boost. It fits his meta but I would like at least something from him. Even if its just an explanation for his boosts.
I find it odd that when you don't have much on a person you prefer to simply ask for boost explanations instead of going after the person for answers to relevant questions. Your analyses are starting to look like filler posts to me.
UW Huskies Class of 2014!
Spontaneous Bastard Mafia II is accepting replacements.
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #885 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:28 pm

Post by Kise »

MissTake wrote:The reason that I said I shouldn't be voting for him out of principle was because (at the point of that post) there wasn't a monumental amount of evidence pointing at Mastin being scum, yet everyone was jumping on him like his dick was made of gold.

Anyone willing to do an analysis on Poro?
They have escaped into the mansion where they thought it was safe.

Yet…
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #886 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:29 pm

Post by Porochaz »

I think kmd is more than willing to take up that one...

As I have already gone for Empking for lurking you are speaking crap zwet. I dont find lurking a big scumtell, in any case. I know Empkings meta, I know any major questions that make him write more than one line are more likely to be unanswered. Getting answers out of Emking is on my "to do" list but as Im in the middle of my PBPA, finishing that is my main priority over everything else.
millar13
millar13
Who dunnit it?
millar13
Who dunnit it?
Who dunnit it?

Post Post #887 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:39 pm

Post by millar13 »

Active Lurking is a scum tell...you can't deny that.
Coin Games: 4th (Game 1) 1st (Game 2) 5th (All-Star Game) Hosted (Game 3) Couples 3rd
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #888 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:44 pm

Post by populartajo »

This thread needs more Mastin claiming.

My cateraction case went unnoticed. :(

As my suggestion to stop concentrating a second boost in KMD. Even if you think that he is obv town. Which I dont share, to be quite honest.
Call me Tajo.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12894
Coming summer 2010: Tajo's Starcraft Mafia.
Tajo's MagictheGathering Mafia
Ether
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #889 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:59 pm

Post by Ether »

I'm not sure that everyone realizes that ConsonantM and Mastin are the same person. There's at least game I'm too lazy to dig up that involves one posting from the wrong account. Despite what I said about the Mastinwagon, I know for a fact that he's back, and I am still waiting for his return here.

I wish people would interact with me. Help me along even if I am not quickly reading the thread for myself. Seriously, I know me. I will probably put this game off for a while.
Post 877, Tornado wrote:I have played a lot of games on MS Ether, and many of them are with you in it, and I am *very* conservative player as both town as well as scum (which is why I don't get lynched so often, and almost never as town). I have, to the best of my knowledge never tried to pull any sort of gambit. Hell, I haven't even false claimed any power role as scum even under pressure (apart from that one game -- Mini 466 -- where I disastrously claimed pro-town roleblocker and got counter claimed and lynched immediately). So, historically, everything is against me trying to pull off a gambit like that, but all I say about this is going to be called WIFOM anyway so you may disregard this if you want to.
Cut that out; I am absolutely willing to factor self-metas in.
As I move my vote
Towards your wagon, town is taking note
It fills my head up and gets louder and
LOUDER
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #890 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:37 pm

Post by Porochaz »

millar13 wrote:Active Lurking is a scum tell...you can't deny that.
Yes I can. I have done it as both scum and town. I know of others who do the same.
millar13
millar13
Who dunnit it?
millar13
Who dunnit it?
Who dunnit it?

Post Post #891 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:56 pm

Post by millar13 »

Yeah but its a scum-tell. If a town member does it then he does at the risk of looking scummy. Being a townie that actively lurks doesn't mean its not a scum-tell.

"Scum-Tell" = a possible indication of being scum
Ether
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #892 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:08 pm

Post by Ether »

I just filtered Millar's posts and am not seeing any past evidence of his animosity toward Empking. Why haven't you brought this up before taking this chance to argue with Porochaz now?

Empking's lurking anyway, by any definition. Less than 1 post every 2 pages on average. Yet another frustrating detail for me; I remember he spammed the only game I played with him in his fits of tunnel-vision--and he was scum there. I have no idea how he acts as town.
As I move my vote
LOUDER
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #893 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:14 pm

Post by Porochaz »

millar13 wrote:Yeah but its a scum-tell. If a town member does it then he does at the risk of looking scummy. Being a townie that actively lurks doesn't mean its not a scum-tell.

"Scum-Tell" = a possible indication of being scum
I know what a scumtell is.

Meh, I find it is rarely a scumtell. Don't get me wrong, I would like them to post more content, however experience tells me that actuve lurking is done by both town and scum.
millar13
millar13
Who dunnit it?
millar13
Who dunnit it?
Who dunnit it?

Post Post #894 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:51 pm

Post by millar13 »

I'm not saying that active doesn't happen by both sides, don't get me wrong i totally agree with you there.

I just filtered Millar's posts and am not seeing any past evidence of his animosity toward Empking. Why haven't you brought this up before taking this chance to argue with Porochaz now?

Is this a go at me?
Ether
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #895 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:57 pm

Post by Ether »

Sure.

By the way, Empking isn't active lurking. He's just lurking. No qualifiers necessary.
As I move my vote
LOUDER
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #896 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:48 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

cateraction wrote: KMD: Why do you think Millar is townie as hell?
Gut read. I don't remember exactly, but it was probably something he said earlier that made me think he had to be town.
populartajo wrote: 1. This is the wagon that lynched Mufasa

Mufasa (10) -- semioldguy, Porochaz, Kise, Papa Zito, Sir Tornado, Wiirdo, populartajo, cateraction, Sajin, millar13

Now that we know that Mufaa was scummy town, its extremely possible we have at least 1-2 scum in the wagon, . Still too many people alive to make a proper analysis but thought this would be important to point.
Completely agree. Prozac, Wiirdo, and cateraction are pretty good places to look.
populartajo wrote: why do you think prozac is scummy?
I didn't like the way he said he read the game but didn't look for scum. I just don't see how that is possible for town to even do.
Ether wrote:Hi. I'm here to bring an end to the space pirate menace and all that nice stuff, but I haven't actually read the thread yet. What's the Mastinwagon about? Who's town? I need to know so I can sheep.
Mastin is scum. Cateracton might be. Wait. You replaced Wiirdo. You could very well be scum too.. Millar and Sajin are town.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #897 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:32 pm

Post by OhGodMyLife »

There appear to be questions directed at me, which I'll answer in the AM.
Mastin
Mastin
She/Her
Unabridged
Mastin
She/Her
Unabridged
Unabridged
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #898 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:04 pm

Post by Mastin »

I have been V/LA. Got back Sunday, and have been trying to catch up in my other games.
My priority list:

-Games nearing their end. (Two total.) They're closing up; I need to devote my all to them.
-Games just beginning. (Again, two.) They need my special touch to get going. :P
-Games where I am pages behind. These are the most fun (...errm, most of the time), because I love long posts, and I save them for last. This game (how many pages? Too many. Will probably adopt the "read-the-last-three-pages-to-get-the-gist-of-what-was-missed" strategy, but still...) qualifies.

After I write a ramble about this for another game,
And take care of the game (already got one) nearing its end,
And take care of the game (again, got one) just beginning,
And assuming I'm not distracted by a player in one of the above coming online (20 posts in one topic, ignoring all others, anyone? :P),
And assuming my internet doesn't fail (Happens around 2-3 am almost every day. It's 2 am right now. <_<),
And assuming no real-life maintenance gets the better of me,

I'll start contributing.

Yea, yea, lots of inconveniences, I know, I know. But, hey, when you're V/LA for three days, you're going to have a heck of a time getting back into sync with normal life.

Sorry for the huge bother it is; it's just another one of the many reasons why so many people see me as an anti-town player.
Sucks to have (an unusual play)style, eh? :P
I'm back! Well, kind-of.
No Access on Weekends
. :/
Advid reader/contributor to MD, as I'm far better in theory than I am in reality. :P

True to my word, I'm retiring. Totally not me. :P
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #899 (ISO) » Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:40 am

Post by Porochaz »

Right, Im now happy with a Mastin lynch.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”