Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #901 (ISO) » Sat Jul 11, 2009 5:52 am

Post by Starbuck »

High five to all the Whedon fans out there!

Btw, this is by far the most amusing RVS I've read thus far. =)

For reference: C_O = Conspicuous_Other. I really don't feel like typing out his name every time I talk about him.

I also see that wolframnhart and qatx42 were replaced. While I want to comment on some scummy behavior that I saw from wolf, I don't hold the actions of the replacees on the replacers. As a person who always tries to replace into games, I have that happen to me too much.

On my predecessor:

I'm in agreement with C_O on this:
Conspicuous_other wrote:I don't like the fact that Canadian is falling back on the "I was getting the ball rolling" excuse, because it doesn't really mean anything. Doing something strange/scummy will naturally start discussion, and saying you were doing something suspicious just for the purpose of getting the game going is very hard for me to swallow.

Canadian-Please answer this question: Why did you revote NoHandTyler?
Canadianbovine wrote:practically an OMGUS if i hadn't removed my vote.

OMGUS is irrelevant out of context. He had a reasonable reason to vote you, so it's not noteworthy.

Canadianbovine

Canadianbovine unvotes his RVS vote because he thinks it's L-2? Honestly, don't be so lazy. You weren't that many pages in, you should be able to go back the 4 pages of the game there were and add up the votes on your own.

I also don't understand why canadianbovine re-voted. It was a rather odd way to spark discussion. It really didn't lead anywhere. I think ChannelDelibird sparked discussion way better than canadianbovine. Canadianbovine's crazy backpedaling did nothing to help his case. I would expect more out of someone who has been on this site for almost a year. It seems like he is trying too hard to get credit for something that he didn't do.

Also, it doesn't help that he contradicts himself all over the place. "I don't have a plan!" "I did it to invoke discussion!" "Seriously guys, I don't have a plan!" Gimme a break. You dug your hole, now lie in it.

I also don't think that nohands' vote was OMGUS. Canadianbovine is acting very scummy. It's a legitimate vote.

This:
canadianbovine wrote:honestly in my retardedness i thought that there were much less people then normal. thought 5 was the number needed for a lynch and i didnt want an accidental lynch. seeing as how that wasnt the case since both my numbers were off and someone changed their vote and the mod didnt notice that. It was basically me un-unvoting. If i didnt mess up my numbers i wouldnt of unvoted.
does not seem feasible at all to me. The front page has the number of people playing, and it's posted with all the vote counts, and I'm also going to say again: I expect this out of newer players, not someone who has been on the board for as long as you. I don't buy this excuse.

CoCo

Has really added nothing to the conversation. He missed RVS and then voted C_O for diverting from the "how can you type with no hands" discussion. He then says his vote was a joke and nothing more, but we were already out of RVS.

Then posts this:
CoCo wrote:
nohandtyper wrote:Ok, so I just got home from work and see that I've missed about 50 posts. The sad part is, the game didn't even move forward.

I'll expand on this soon, but I have a few things I have to do first.

Also, like CDB, it's probably easier to refer to me as NHT. Short, awesome, and to the point.
I'd like to know what you mean by saying the game didn't move forward. The game is no longer in the random phase and a few people have made interesting posts regarding what is viewed as scummy behavior.

While I don't really see anyone broadcasting scum to me yet, I've gathered a bit of information on the logic of some of the other players.

And in my opinion, that moves the game forward.
Still another post with absolutely no information. No opinion. Nothing.

He posts a couple small opinions here or there, but is mainly keeping his agenda to himself.

I'm not a fan of lurkers, please post some content.

My Milked Eek

I think the word or phrase you were looking for was "jumping the gun" rather than "impatient".

nohandtyper

I really didn't like how he called out CDB for doing the same thing everyone else was doing. For what I read, CDB is one of the few that actually kept the discussion going.

Everyone seemed to get pretty angsty when Lobster withdrew his vote. I honestly don't see an issue with not having your vote on someone if you aren't sure yet or if you want to get a better read on people.

You guys have walls of text almost every other post. Can someone give me a quick catch up on what I definitely need to look at? It would help greatly with catching up.
<3 Kise, Reck, dram, tans, & Kats <3
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #902 (ISO) » Sat Jul 11, 2009 5:52 am

Post by Starbuck »

And that ^ is me caught up to the bottom of page 9.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #903 (ISO) » Sat Jul 11, 2009 5:53 am

Post by Starbuck »

I do understand that some of the people I mention above are dead now, but I'm focusing on the actions of others against those people and not on the dead people.
stuntkeyboardist
stuntkeyboardist
Goon
stuntkeyboardist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #904 (ISO) » Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:23 am

Post by stuntkeyboardist »

Starbuck, page 36, post 881 is a post of me recapping the game as I saw it. Of course it's flooded with opinion and rationales, but it outlines the pages that events occurred on (so you can find the events easily if you want to look back at it) and it also contains no quotes. Sorry that it's kind of messy. It wasnt really meant for anybody but me before I decided to post it.
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog
Pronoun: she

Post Post #905 (ISO) » Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:27 am

Post by DeathRowKitty »

Unfortunately the bandwagons kind of overlap in this game, so anything you skip could be important. If you don't have the time for that, look through the past 10 or so pages for long posts. A few people (the post NHT mentioned was one of them) posted recaps. Of course, all of them do contain a fair amount of bias, but they give a good general idea of what's happened.
CoCo
CoCo
Goon
CoCo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #906 (ISO) » Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:30 am

Post by CoCo »

Unvote.

After giving it some thought, I really don't think I can stand behind an NHT lynch today. His wall of text on the previous page did a lot to convince me. Obviously, that wasn't typed in a day. I've never seen anyone take such extensive notes, so if he's scum I'd have to applaud such a great maneuver. However, I'm going to go with my gut and suggest we all take a good look at his analysis, especially his points about the people who've been under the radar. People like MME and Quints.

In regards to his bolded part concerning me, I meant it seems NHT waits until a bandwagon starts rolling and jumps in with his own. It was a sarcastic remark with no explanation. However, in hindsight, he was the one that put me at L-1 and then dropped the hammer on Wicked. So, I do think I had a good point with that.

Furthermore, I still can't help the nagging suspicion that DRK is scum. He makes a lot of posts, brings up some interesting ideas, but none of them come across as solid townie posts.

Looking at the "three people on bandwagons" angle has been broken. We MUST look at this game from another angle. And I think NHT's wall of text is the best jumping off point at this time.
Show
Record:

Town: 3
Power Role: 3
Special: 1
Scum: 0
Ongoing: 2

W/L/D: 3/1/0
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #907 (ISO) » Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:35 am

Post by Starbuck »

Since I really don't want to miss anything, I'll keep going through the pages as I have been.

I hate people who do 5 billion multiple posts when they are catching up, so I try to do one big one every 9-10 pages. I use Notepad to write up my posts so it makes it a bit easier.

I just ask y'all to bear with me as I catch up.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #908 (ISO) » Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:49 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

*waits*
green shirt thursdays
stuntkeyboardist
stuntkeyboardist
Goon
stuntkeyboardist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #909 (ISO) » Sat Jul 11, 2009 7:22 am

I just looked over my long post... in the first paragraph, last line, replace wicked with reckoner. It's pretty important that that mistake be fixéd
canadianbovine
canadianbovine
Goon
canadianbovine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #910 (ISO) » Sat Jul 11, 2009 7:40 am

Post by canadianbovine »

xRECKONERx wrote:*waits*
what was the point in posting that?!

starbuck: thank you for trying to go through our immensly large game.

@ MME: I understand that it might be busy, and its not just you, but I dont want people to sit on the sidelines during this game, because thats an easy way for scum to slip by.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #911 (ISO) » Sat Jul 11, 2009 7:42 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Because I'm not progressing until I hear Starbuck's full analysis.
green shirt thursdays
stuntkeyboardist
stuntkeyboardist
Goon
stuntkeyboardist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #912 (ISO) » Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:29 am

vote: MME

why? because I felt like it.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #913 (ISO) » Sat Jul 11, 2009 1:14 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

^ No.

You can't do that when you've already got enough votes on you.
green shirt thursdays
canadianbovine
canadianbovine
Goon
canadianbovine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #914 (ISO) » Sat Jul 11, 2009 1:19 pm

Post by canadianbovine »

please dont buddy with me right now.
stuntkeyboardist
stuntkeyboardist
Goon
stuntkeyboardist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #915 (ISO) » Sat Jul 11, 2009 1:45 pm

Well, nothing's happening. Gotta do something to spark some conversation.
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #916 (ISO) » Sat Jul 11, 2009 3:49 pm

Post by DeathRowKitty »

NHT wrote: Since I'm probably next to be lynched, what would you think if I flip:

a) scum?

b) town?
a) I'd be surprised. I would be happy we hit scum, but I'd need to do a serious in-depth re-read to sort out things I had wrong. I would probably come under a lot of pressure (or even be lynched) Day 3.
b) Had I responded to this when you posted it, my response would have been that we need to possibly lynch CoCo Day 3. Given that he unvoted, I would immediately look at who joined the lynch mob, when, and why. With the possibility of town losing Night 2, today is the perfect day (Day 2) for opportunistic scum to try to get
anyone
lynched, given that that anyone isn't scum.

@NHT
So your vote was a pseudo-random vote? How much do you actually suspect MME and how much of that vote was random?

@CB
If you find any scummy posts from MME, please point them out. I won't vote someone just for lack of activity, but if it goes along with scummy behavior, I could buy your argument.
stuntkeyboardist
stuntkeyboardist
Goon
stuntkeyboardist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #917 (ISO) » Sat Jul 11, 2009 4:10 pm

My vote for MME was completely random out of the RVS. So yes, I would say it's pseudo-random. I was hoping it would spark
something
to get D2 rolling. As far as how much I suspect him, it's really only based on the fact that he disappears so often. I guess I do have some suspicion of him, maybe not enough for a credible vote/argument, but I wont say I think he's innocent.

It really bothers me (if you couldnt tell already) when people play the "I'll be gone/catching up" game. Because regardless of whether they're scum or not, they arent helping and are hurting the town either way.

If you dont have time, dont play people!
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #918 (ISO) » Sat Jul 11, 2009 4:18 pm

Post by DeathRowKitty »

On that thought...

I will be V/LA from Monday, July 13 through Wednesday, July 15 and possibly into Thursday. I probably won't post at all during that time.
stuntkeyboardist
stuntkeyboardist
Goon
stuntkeyboardist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #919 (ISO) » Sat Jul 11, 2009 4:22 pm

DeathRowKitty wrote:On that thought...

I will be V/LA from Monday, July 13 through Wednesday, July 15 and possibly into Thursday. I probably won't post at all during that time.
Hahaha nice... but at the same time, you've played a lot so far, so I really cant hold anything against you. I was mainly referring to the people who sit in the shadows while the game goes on, only to post once a page to say they wont be here for a while.
canadianbovine
canadianbovine
Goon
canadianbovine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #920 (ISO) » Sat Jul 11, 2009 4:53 pm

Post by canadianbovine »

i wasnt implying he's scum.

i was using him as an example, NHT and i seem to be on a similar mindset here.

There are many people in this game that are "catching up" and posting points that have been beaten to death about 20 pages ago [starbuck :D].

The reason why i suggested Eek for example was because

1) out of the 4 people who are catching up, he's the one who has been in ALL GAME.

2) Nobody all game [until NHT "random" vote] had voted for him. (Source: DRK's post about votes)

3) he's always been kind of sideline, commenting on the town as a whole and game recap, not providing a lot. Thats why i can't give you anything scummy, for he hasnt provided a lot, other then re iterating what others have said.

i am not saying that Eek is so town, he must be scum!
I am not using that argument.

I am also suspicious of the other "catching up" people

@ Starbuck, qwints and ryan

what do you guys think of the first night?
canadianbovine
canadianbovine
Goon
canadianbovine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #921 (ISO) » Sat Jul 11, 2009 4:58 pm

Post by canadianbovine »

on the other hand, i just went through a few of Eek's games, he always seems to post very little, v/la, lots of catching up, regardless of his alignment.
CoCo
CoCo
Goon
CoCo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #922 (ISO) » Sat Jul 11, 2009 5:01 pm

Post by CoCo »

I'm also suspicious of MME. One would think someone who's been here all game could have caught up during the IRL hours of "night".

And, looking back, its true. He hasn't given much thought as to how he feels about certain individuals. Most posts are recaps. While that may be helpful, its things we already know.

FOS: MME.

Who do you suspect at this moment?
Show
Record:

Town: 3
Power Role: 3
Special: 1
Scum: 0
Ongoing: 2

W/L/D: 3/1/0
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #923 (ISO) » Sat Jul 11, 2009 7:48 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

Why the FOS on MME, CoCo?
green shirt thursdays
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #924 (ISO) » Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:29 pm

Post by Starbuck »

Starting on page 10

On my predecessor, C_O

I really don't understand his vote on Wicked in 229. I really didn't see anything all that scummy about Wicked at that point, although he goes on to be quite scummy afterwards. I agree with those who said it was a weak vote.

Although, I am okay with his vote on xRECKONERx. xRx was displaying such extremely scummy behavior.

I don't think I'll ever play a game with C_O if the dude can't catch up on 5 pages and asks for a replacement. I don't understand why people sign up for games if they can't dedicate the time needed to them.

DeathRowKitty

There's a whole lot of FOS-ing going on in post 228. CDB, wolf, and canadianbovine. You suspect the three of them but then didn't even place a vote on your scummiest.

I feel his whole mathematical post was just speculation and diverted from conversation. The vig kill should never be anything that the non-vigs need to worry about. Let the vig take care of it.

xRECKONERx

You exhibit some rather scummy behavior as highlighted on pages 10 and 11.

Reading farther on you go to L-2 and L-1, and claim Mafia Hitman. I'd say that it's a very feasible claim. I believe it.

I think we need to look at those who weren't believing your claim.

MME

MME wrote:If he isn't the vig and we actually have a vig:

- the real vig should not counterclaim, but just kill him during N1. It'd be ridiculous to counterclaim a fake vig as a vig.
Since this didn't happen, I'd say xRx was telling the truth.

CoCo

CoCo wrote:Nohandtyper, regardless of how you see it, I figured it wise to chime in on the topic before not doing so came back to bite me in the ass. Would you rather have me quote the STFU post? Furthermore, I KNOW no one said such things. However, discussing the role is not conductive in a scum hunt. I'd much rather analyze the players than play the odds. I'm sorry if my wording made you see more content than I gave.

I honestly don't care what the vig does. The role, if used wisely, helps the town, and I'm VERY pro town.

@DRK: I'm a nerd too! ^5
xRx already said it directly underneath this post. Pro-town never has to point out that they are pro-town. Most players will get that read off you, but it's suspicious if you feel the need to point it out. Like you are hiding something.

You just created a WIFOM! Congrats!

Then your defense is very weak:
CoCo wrote:
lobstermania wrote:I'm going to Vote:
CoCo
, mostly for this "very" WIFOMy mess.
And also for thinking that wolframnhart's opinion is more interesting than his one post for the past seven days.
Good job reading. Don't you care about someone that posts less content than I do?
I find your vote odd.
Some may say I feel this way because the vote is for me, but I think you are merely deflecting in order to hide amongst the crowd. Cripes, do you think I'm so blind as to not notice the scum tells you've given off?

I am not the droid you're looking for. It takes time to gather information...
You created the situation because of the scumminess of your posts. You say he's deflecting, but you give no valid reason as to why focus shouldn't be on you.

And when NHT questions you, all you can muster up is this:
CoCo wrote:Reread his posts.
You'll see. I'm busy with Qax.
People continue to ask you about your suspicions and then you give this:
CoCo wrote:
xRECKONERx wrote:Hey, CoCo...

You've been saying for awhile now that you're "busy with qax" and his posts. Mind sharing with us what you discovered?
Not 'awhile'. I made mention of it once one or two RL days ago. I'm going to need at least another 36 hours to form a complete thesis. Suffice to say, at this point I feel Qax42 is leaning on the town side of neutral. I also feel he is being cautious to avoid a lynch. And its that confusing thought process that requires I take a bit longer to think about it.
Another 36 hours? That seems like quite a long period of time considering where you started with it. Almost everyone playing (minus those who were getting replacements), has been asking you for your suspicions. You continue to keep on posting but do not give this supposed thesis that you are working so hard on.

Also, the same excuse of "I'm not used to this forum" will not carry you forever. I use Notepad to type up all my posts. It makes things very easy, especially when you want to use multiple quotes.

Not much from canadianbovine in this set of 10 pages. Kinda surprised me actually for someone who was actively calling out people who weren't posting much to becoming one of those who weren't posting much.

And I've never seen a Day 1 where the bandwagons jump so frequently and so quick.

Also, if I haven't commented on someone, it's pretty much because they are either reading as null or pro-town for me.

Caught up to the bottom of page 20.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”