Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #850 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:12 pm

Post by Wickedestjr »

ryan wrote:
Wickedestjr wrote: Yes. I made a mistake and I apologized and unvoted for it. What's wrong with that?
This doesn't make it any less scummy.
So you're saying only scum make mistakes?

ryan wrote:
Wickedestjr wrote: What huge point did xRx notice? The quote of mine that you quoted afterwards had nothing to do with xRx. It was a response to NHT. Please explain this once more.
When you contradicted yourself. He makes a post with two quotes, both from you, both very contradictory. The post speaks for itself.
Again, nobody has told me what the flaws were in my defense for this contradiction. How the heck am I supposed to defend myself if people just state that my points are wrong without giving reasons. It's stupid.

ryan wrote:
Wickedestjr wrote:

Well, most of your points have been in agreement with the majority of the town. Are there any things that you disagree with that most of the town agrees about?
Isn't it pretty obvious? If you agree with one side of the argument, you tend to disagree with the other. Thus, if NHT and CDB are in argument, and I agree with CDB, I disagree with NHT. Not that hard.
Okay, which of these bandwagons do you think you would have been on, had you played the whole game;

CB bandwagon
reckoner bandwagon

If you were another player would you have been on the wolf wagon?

ryan wrote:
Wickedestjr wrote: Overall, I have a feeling that lobster is scum and his scumbuddies are NHT and CB. I think this because lobster hesitated to vote for CB and gave an FoS to NHT when he wasn't voting anybody else. Lobster and NHT were also on three of the bandwagons. I think we should lynch lobster because it will tell us about CB and NHT more than a CB or NHT lynch would.
I know a decent number of people do this, but making scumbuddies and scumpairings on D1, in my opinion, is a strictly anti-town thing to do. Not only is it D1, but scum have the opportunity to buss, defend, attack whomever they want, and have inside knowledge on who is scum and who is town. I also see it to be a form of tunnelling, because many people get hooked on those scumbuddies, and if Lobster turns up as town then that person is biased towards the other two players because of the flip of another, which should never happen D1.
I was considering the fact that some players might be bussing, but it didn't look to me like any of them were.

Personally, DRK, I don't know who I feel may be lying about their claims. Both have made adequate responses. Both used flavour from their role PMs. Initially it was gut that one of them was lying, but the more I think about it the more I feel as though both are telling the truth. It's an interesting predicament we are in with two PR claims so far. Suffice to say, although I feel neither of them are worthy of a vote at this stage, doesn't mean I don't find them off the hook, so to speak.

NHT - Mentioning insane cop? In a mini? And you are using it as a possible reason to still be voting CoCo? REALLY? What of Coco's didn't makes sense? Your post where you vote Coco is WAY too vague to be construed as anything of a logical argument. Why do you find Qax scummy again?
What are you trying to prove from Wicked's meta thing? That he is playing to his meta? What was his role in the other games?

ryan wrote:[quote="Wickedestjr] Oh and just warning you, that is an ongoing game so you shouldn't be talking about it.
Well that answers my question, and makes NHT even more scummier. Using an ongoing game, where you don't know someone's alignment, and saying he is posting similar to that game DOES us absolutely no good and it null-information, not to mention it's an ongoing game.[/quote]

I don't have any finished games on this site, but when I do, I'll tell you, or I'll say so in my sig, so that you guys can use it for reference

ryan wrote:You said you had evidence of NHT being scummy, then dropped it, essentially proving you were concocting an argument.
I thought I had evidence of NHT being scum. When I started looking for my evidence, I realized NHT hadn't been on many bandwagons, so I unvoted.
ryan wrote:Your petty attack on my accordance with other people's posts, and saying it's a scumtell.
So just because something seems scummy to me, I should ignore it?

ryan wrote:Your attempt in 624 to strawman my responses and make them seem petty and that I simply think "See his reasons" is relevant in all cases.
What is strawman?

ryan wrote:Your rolefishing.
I was not sure how much information we could know about xRx's decision.

ryan wrote:Your insistence that apologizing for bad play and/or acknowledging it post factum makes it less scummy.
When did I say this?

ryan wrote:You use something as a case against lobster, then say that it isn't scummy.
What gave you this idea? I didn't say that lobster wasn't scummy any more, but CB was scummier.

ryan wrote:You agree with someone in their PBPA, but vote them.
Just because I'm in agreement with a player about something doesn't mean they're not scum. In that case, there aren't any scum in this game. We don't keep people alive because they make lots of good points. It doesn't make a difference how many good points they make. What matters is how scummy they act regardless.

ryan wrote:I find the cases on CB to be extremely weak (because he was absent? RVS bs? Really?)CB's most recent response (743) gives a very pro-town vibe - no hostility, just straight response.
Well, I didn't.

ryan wrote:You OMGUS vote C_O for not being around, when you were gone for three days.
What the heck? C_o is hardly ever around and doesn't post much when he is. I was gone for three days, and apart from those three days, my posts have contained much more content than C_o's. It was not an OMGUS vote.

ryan wrote:You say XrX's defense is no good, but never even FOS him.
[/quote]

I have explained why.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. -Wayne Gretzky"
-Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #851 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:38 pm

Post by Wickedestjr »

Oh wow, I have been lynched. Sorry for posting even though I'm dead. Thanks for modding this PyschoSniper.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. -Wayne Gretzky"
-Wickedestjr
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #852 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:48 pm

Post by ChannelDelibird »

It's twilight, so you're not dead yet. If you have anything else you want to say, do it.
#greenshirtthursdays
PsychoSniper
PsychoSniper
Goon
PsychoSniper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #853 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:44 am

Post by PsychoSniper »

Night 1 officially starts now! Send me your Night actions (if you have one) within the next 48hrs, starting from time of this post.

Wickedestjr has been lynched. I need to rush off now, so the death scene will come later.
PsychoSniper
PsychoSniper
Goon
PsychoSniper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #854 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2009 4:52 am

Post by PsychoSniper »

:oops:
Forgot to lock the thread. Deleted all posts after my last. Sorry.

Thread locked.
PsychoSniper
PsychoSniper
Goon
PsychoSniper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #855 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:37 pm

Post by PsychoSniper »

The Mafia debated all day long, the focus of their suspicion shifting from one to the other, and for a while, it seems like they can never make up their mind. As the sun starts to set, and twilight approaches, the focus of their suspicion is on Wickedestjr. They patience worn thin and their bloodlust aroused to new height after all a day’s worth of pent-up paranoia and frustration, the Mafia proceed to bundle their latest prime suspect up on the gallows in the town square (which, ironically, was originally built by the town to hang members of the Mafia) before he can even protest. It is only when the noose starts to tighten around the neck that Wickedestjr manages to utter a few words in a futile attempt to defend himself. But by then, it’s too late, and a few agonizing moments later, the unfortunate man’s hanging body goes stiff and motionless.

It is only then when the Mafia, their bloodthirst sated, began to search for material evidence of their victim’s guilt. On closer examination, it is soon apparent that Wickedestjr is indeed not one of them, as his corpse bears none of the marks that their initiation rituals would have left. Wickedestjr is indeed an outsider to the Mafia.

So far, so good. But there’s one thing wrong with this: it looks like Wickedestjr doesn’t have a gun, or any sort of firearms whatsoever! There’s no way he can be a killer.

The Mafia move on to the victim’s house, and again, while finding a disturbing lack of evidence of Wickedestjr being a Mafia member, there’s an equal lack of evidence that he had any sort of proper weapons at his disposal. Finally, in his bedroom, one of the gang spots the victim’s diary, as well as some hidden posters and scrawled graffiti that proclaim his adulation for the Mafia.

It seems that Wickedestjr, while not exactly a Mafia member, had been a die-hard Mafia supporter. In fact, from the entries in his diary, it is revealed that he’d went as far as betraying his own hometown and help lynching his own fellow townies in order to help the Mafia take over the city. He had been a traitor to his town, and an invaluable ally that even the Mafia themselves hadn’t known that they possess.

Wickedestjr had been hopeful that he will finally get the chance to be initiated into the great Mafia organization once the Mafia completed third takeover. Unfortunately, he never got the chance, as thanks to the new crisis that the Mafia currently faces, he’d been afraid to reveal his own status, knowing full well that at this point the Mafia would not even trust their own, much less an outsider. Hence, he’d died at the hands of the very people he admired and literally killed to be a part of.

The Mafia departed and went home with mixed feelings, knowing that their enemies are still out there, yet somehow, deep down underneath, they’re somewhat glad that they hadn’t actually lost “one of their own”. But would that still be true, come morning?

Wickedesjr,
Mafia Traitor
pro-mafia Miller
, Lynched Day 1.

(So, just in case anyone got confused by the name, Mafia Traitor is a pro-mafia role in normal mafia games that has no contact with the real mafia, and the mafia has no idea that he exists. So in the context of this game, he’s “town”, not a traitor, and is “miller” because the mafia are not supposed to know about him.)
PsychoSniper
PsychoSniper
Goon
PsychoSniper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #856 (ISO) » Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:00 am

Post by PsychoSniper »

It is now Day, and the Mafia once again gather at the town square to discuss their next move. Unfortunately, a quick headcount reveals that not all of them had arrived. More precisely, two of them had not shown up, namely
lobstermania
and
ChannelDelibird

A search is immediately organized, as the group head straight for lobstermania’s apartment. Upon arrival, it is immediately apparent that someone had broken into the house during the night. Lobstermania herself lies in her own bedroom, a bullet having passed clean through her body and piercing her heart. What is more curious about the sight is that lobster had apparently not been entirely helpless……she has a gun of her own still clutched in her hand! Is she, in fact, one of the enemies that the Mafia had been looking for?

But that theory is soon derailed by two discoveries: first was the fact that lobster’s gun had in fact been empty. The lack of any other bullets found in the room other than the one that killed her seems to imply that she has none of her own. From her posture, it looked like she had drawn her gun instinctively to defend herself against an attacker and either forgot or did not know that it was empty. Either way, it had cost her her life.

The second discovery was a photograph displaying what had apparently been lobster herself, as a child, held up in the arms of a man that several of the Mafia manage to recognize. On the photograph’s frame that holds it is a label that spells out the words ‘Daddy & Me”.

“That’s the Godfather!” someone exclaims.

Indeed, lobstermania is in fact the beloved Daughter of the Mafia’s Godfather, and can be struck safely off any list that contains the Mafia’s enemies.

Dejected, the Mafia then heads for the home of ChannelDelibird. As they had feared, he, too, had fallen victim to a night killer. It seems like he had been in the process of reading some newly arrived mails, and had been shot right in the forehead, squarely between the eyes.

A further search of his house reveals that he, too, has a gun by his side……also empty! What makes it even more curious is the fact that a single bullet is found lying on the table close by, one that has definitely not been used. No other bullets (other than the one stuck in his skull), or any other form of firearms, can be found in his house.

What they do find, though, is some familiar equipment used often by the Mafia to “clean up” the crime scene after they perform a kill. It seems like ChannelDelibird had been the Mafia Janitor.

lobstermania,
Godfather’s Daughter
(Pro-Mafia)
, killed Night 1
ChannelDelibird,
Mafia Janitor
(Pro-Mafia)
, killed Night 1
PsychoSniper
PsychoSniper
Goon
PsychoSniper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #857 (ISO) » Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:02 am

Post by PsychoSniper »

Starbuck
has replaced Conspicuous_other

It is now Day 2. Discussion (and lynching) may begin!

With 9 alive, it now takes 5 votes to lynch.
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #858 (ISO) » Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:03 am

Post by ChannelDelibird »

Bah! Go...
town?
scum?
mafia
...whatever.
#greenshirtthursdays
qwints
qwints
Mafia Scum
qwints
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #859 (ISO) » Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:06 am

Post by qwints »

Coco and reckoner, let's here your night actions.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #860 (ISO) » Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:06 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

I shot lobster.
green shirt thursdays
PsychoSniper
PsychoSniper
Goon
PsychoSniper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #861 (ISO) » Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:15 am

Post by PsychoSniper »

Also, ryan2754 has informed me during the Night that he will be V/LA for Friday and Saturday.
My Milked Eek
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #862 (ISO) » Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:20 am

Post by My Milked Eek »

More interested in Coco's result. Although, imo, he should only tell us if he hit mafia, errr, town... scum.

Going to post my catch up postings tomorrow or tonight: my gf came home from a long trip and I'm going over :p

Also, work has slowed down a lot (gone from 6 am til 4 pm against the 5am til 7.30 pm of this week :() so expect more of me. :D
Eek
!
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #863 (ISO) » Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:20 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

I don't understand why CoCo is still alive, actually.
green shirt thursdays
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog
Pronoun: she

Post Post #864 (ISO) » Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:23 am

Post by DeathRowKitty »

More interested in Coco's result. Although, imo, he should only tell us if he hit mafia, errr, town... scum.
Why?
What makes it even more curious is the fact that a single bullet is found lying on the table close by, one that has definitely not been used.
Any chance this means something or is it just for dramatic effect?
My Milked Eek
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #865 (ISO) » Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:27 am

Post by My Milked Eek »

DeathRowKitty wrote:
Why?
Why on the "only tell if scum?" part?
- because the scum might kill his innocent (or guilty, w/e is used in this game) result.
Eek
!
stuntkeyboardist
stuntkeyboardist
Goon
stuntkeyboardist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #866 (ISO) » Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:44 am

Post by stuntkeyboardist »

Honestly, I'm up in the air about CoCo's response. I asked the mod about insane cops in a mini... the answer is yes. So by the time we find out if he's sane or insane, we'd pretty much be at the end of the game.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #867 (ISO) » Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:45 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

End of D1 vote count. Town (Mafia) names are highlighted in green. Just doing this so I can clearly see it:
Vote Count:

Wickedestjr – 7 (
ChannelDelibird
, DeathRowKitty, xRECKONERx, CoCo,
lobstermania
, ryan2754, nohandtyper)
nohandtyper – 1 (qwints)
canadianbovine – 1 (
Wickedestjr
)

Not voting:

Conspicuous_other, My Milked Eek, canadianbovine
Methinks I need a serious reread now that both lobster & wicked are gone.
green shirt thursdays
qwints
qwints
Mafia Scum
qwints
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #868 (ISO) » Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:54 am

Post by qwints »

nohandtyper wrote:Honestly, I'm sort of disappointed that I'm changing my vote, but wicked was on my scumlist as well. I would have been happy with his or CoCo's lynch, but since nobody else sees CoCo how I do, I guess if you cant beat 'em, join 'em.

unvote

vote: wicked

...my first hammer...
For the pre-claim hammer:
vote: nohandtyper
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog
Pronoun: she

Post Post #869 (ISO) » Fri Jul 10, 2009 5:03 am

Post by DeathRowKitty »

Reckoner wrote: I don't understand why CoCo is still alive, actually.
I'm guessing the scum were afraid of a doc protection. If we do have a doc, he's more or less limited to trying to save our exposed power roles and doing his best not to be killed. That would give the scum a chance to kill
anyone
else they wanted. The fact that they chose CDB means one of two things as far as I can see:
1) They saw CDB as (almost) confirmed town (I guess that goes along with MME's advice for CoCo only to report if he hit scum).
2) CDB was suspicious of one or more of them and they wanted to get rid of the threat.

No reason it can't be choice 1, but I think choice 2 is more likely. With a free pick, I would think the scum were more likely to pick someone they viewed as a threat Day 2 than someone who just appeared pro-town.
qwints
qwints
Mafia Scum
qwints
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #870 (ISO) » Fri Jul 10, 2009 5:11 am

Post by qwints »

One thing to keep in mind in re-reading is understanding why the mafia left Reckoner alone. It suggests to me that he didn't have any scum at the very top of his list.
stuntkeyboardist
stuntkeyboardist
Goon
stuntkeyboardist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #871 (ISO) » Fri Jul 10, 2009 5:17 am

qwints wrote:One thing to keep in mind in re-reading is understanding why the mafia left Reckoner alone. It suggests to me that he didn't have any scum at the very top of his list.
I'd say DRK has that answer down. If there is a doctor he would most likely protect one of the claimed leaving it open for the scum to kill anybody else.
canadianbovine
canadianbovine
Goon
canadianbovine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #872 (ISO) » Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:19 am

Post by canadianbovine »

vote: nohandtyper

explain yourself for your hasted hammer.
CoCo
CoCo
Goon
CoCo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #873 (ISO) » Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:54 am

Post by CoCo »

xRECKONERx wrote:I don't understand why CoCo is still alive, actually.
I think I know why.
During the night I investigated DRK. I did so instead of NHT or Lobster because I knew there was a large chance of Reckoner taking one of them out during the night.
It doesn't matter though, because I received no results. Now, before you all get up in arms and think I lied about my claim, here me out.

There is obviously a pro-scum roleblocker. By blocking me during the night, it leads to the town thinking I'm not the cop. Who do I think is the pro-scum roleblocker?

Vote: NHT.

He's the one that raised a stink about my claim being bullshit. Then, he hammers Wicked and tells me to prove him wrong during the night. This leads me to believe he'd planned to roleblock me and push the town onto his agenda.
Combine this with the other suspicious things he's done, and I am beyond certain he's the prime lynch candidate for today.

You can all lynch me if you're unsure, but I'm not bullshitting my claim.
stuntkeyboardist
stuntkeyboardist
Goon
stuntkeyboardist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #874 (ISO) » Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:57 am

Yup, I would make it that obvious.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”