POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #850 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:17 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Vote Count fixed.
Prodding Mixologist* and HowardRoark

*He PMed me during the night, I accepted that as picking up his prod from D1, because obviously, he couldn't reply to it in-thread at the time.
That's the modfom side of it.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #851 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:24 pm

Post by charter »

Well, I still think that if he was scum he would have posted something in our QT, but that doesn't really look good for him I guess.
TDC
TDC
Mafia Scum
TDC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #852 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:35 pm

Post by TDC »

End of Day 4 Vote CountSpyreX (4): charter, Kison, Seraphim, Korts
Lowell (3): ekiM, HowardRoark, SpyreX
populartajo (1): Lowell
Kison (1): X

Not Voting (1): populartajo
With 9 votes cast, 5 needed to lynch -> no lynch.

StatusIt is now Night 4.
Deadline: Thursday July 9th, 12:10 CEST
Last edited by TDC on Sun Jul 05, 2009 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #853 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:35 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Claim now plox.

Also and this is a very important note (as this is enough to switch to Lowell):

IF Lowell comes up as a vanilla mason (i.e. no active abilities) tomorrow lynch Charter.
Show

Proud member of BaM
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #854 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:41 pm

Post by charter »

SpyreX wrote:IF Lowell comes up as a vanilla mason (i.e. no active abilities) tomorrow lynch Charter.
Setting up chain lynches are we? Both of us are vanilla. This merits a

unvote, vote Spyrex

Plus there's the fact that you now all of a sudden are fine with calling him a mason, but when he misspoke earlier it was the end of world.
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #855 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:50 pm

Post by Korts »

Oh nice. Suddenly everyone is acting scummy. SpyreX setting up a chain of lynches without reasoning other than "this is a very important note"; tajo fishing hardcore for a role that need not be claimed; I'm seriously considering going back to tajo. I need to evaluate the claim properly.
scumchat never die
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #856 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:36 pm

Post by SpyreX »

I have never cared a whit about mason/neighbor. If you're going to say I have show examples.

However, and I am blaming this on being tired, I 100% misspoke earlier and I'm not sure how I did it... I meant to say:

If Lowell flips powered mason, lynch charter due to the "Ohh looks bad for him." instead of having an obvious reason for believing he would PM him.

However because a.) I think they are both scum and b.) they have now both claimed vanilla it is moot.

I will be voting Lowell. If Lowell is scum I will be voting charter. If Lowell is town I will be confused as all hell.
Show

Proud member of BaM
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #857 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:42 pm

Post by charter »

That seems like a complete reversal from "IF Lowell comes up as a vanilla mason (i.e. no active abilities) tomorrow lynch Charter" to "I will be voting Lowell. If Lowell is scum I will be voting charter. If Lowell is town I will be confused as all hell".
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #858 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:46 pm

Post by SpyreX »

...Hence my saying I misspoke earlier and honestly didn't know why I did sans the fact I shouldn't be posting when I'm this tired. :P

I think I've made it abundantly clear I think both you and lowell are scum together. And, thus, when he flips scum you are dead gangbusters style.
Plus there's the fact that you now all of a sudden are fine with calling him a mason, but when he misspoke earlier it was the end of world.
Care to address this one though? As in, cite examples.
Show

Proud member of BaM
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #859 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:46 pm

Post by Kison »

Hey everyone. Replacing Caboose. Posting to inform you all know that I'm aware that the deadline is close, and will do what I can to have a grasp of things shortly.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #860 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:49 pm

Post by charter »

Spyrex wrote:Care to address this one though? As in, cite examples.
I didn't actually go check if you were one of the people that did make a deal about it, I just remember you questioning our claim and lumped you in with the nitpickers without going and checking. If you say you didn't than I'll just assume that. I don't understand how you can think we're scum together. Why would our claim have been this shitty if we're scum together? We would have had it planned out days ago. This isn't really WIFOM since it would make sense for scum to have a solid sounding claim, not this jank we have.

Welcome Kison!
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #861 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:55 pm

Post by SpyreX »

The claim ISN'T that shitty. Hell, for all I know you could actually BE part of the seaside masonry. However, when one of you is getting suspicion and then the other gets called out for a weird level of connectivity the whole game one of the FEW things you're gonna be able to do is claim masons together - which is even nicer when its neighbors and not masons.

And, as we've already seen two sets of them it doesn't even stand out from that sense.

I think you are scum together because of your play. Its that simple. You did nothing past day 1 in essence and blamed in on Mufasa with a very weird discrepancy in how you treated Italian mafia that have flipped / Mix/Lowell.

Lowell replaced in for a power lurker and hasn't given any real content AND there is the mod issue as a cherry.

I'm fine with either because I firmly expect both of you to flip scum (and probably end the game at that point).

There's no meta or wifom or any other mystic terms around this. Just simple play.

Bedtime for me before I stuff foot farther in mouth.
Show

Proud member of BaM
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #862 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2009 2:40 am

Post by Seraphim »

Hey it looks like we got a deadline extension. I definitely want to hear from Kison though. Kison has already claimed but also want to hear from ekiM and X who have not posted in a while. They need to claim, ASAP.

Unless they're scum or something and are working out falseclaims.
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #863 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2009 5:38 pm

Post by Kison »

1. ekiM ->
2. populartajo -> Backup Cop
3. Seraphim -> Lower Roccissi Neighborhood
4. Korts ->
5. X -> Lower Roccissi Neighborhood
6. Lowell -> Seaside Neighborhood
7. HowardRoark -> Vanilla
8. charter -> Seaside Neighborhood
9. SpyreX -> Vanilla
10. Kison -> The Local Tasey McGee

The above, I believe, reflects the claims we've seen so far, though it is entirely possible I either missed something or mislabeled someone.

I don't think either of the neighbor groups is lying about their role, because it would require both members in either group to be scum together from the same faction. With the high number of scum corpses so far, this seems unlikely to me, and it would almost certainly be exclusive to the Italian group. This says nothing about whether or not any individual in either neighborhood is scum, but I don't like how Spyrex(at least) is mandating that Charter/Lowell are scum together.

Populartajo's consistent pushes against Caboose scream of scum paranoid of getting hit with an investigation. His claim of backup cop doesn't really lend him much favor, either; if anything it makes his pushes against Caboose look even worse.
populartajo wrote:me thinks a town cop would at least want to be less obvious about his guilty result even in day 1, like you know, trying to not get night killed by the mafia partners of the guilty result you have or like, you know, trying to get another result.
Yet this continued into day two, after several scum were killed. If Caboose was Italian, he'd have been down a doctor by that point, thus putting himself in a very vulnerable position. It's obvious that I am/he was a legit cop based on the accuracy of our results - why, then would he be more likely to draw attention to himself as scum cop over town cop? The way he acted makes more sense as town, because there is no kill to use to go after those guilty results; the only way to get those investigations out there is through this thread. If he was scum, he could have just kept his mouth shut and taken care of any guilty result at night.

Similarly, I find X's 180 on the Caboose subject scummy as shit, but I'm seeing that people are writing Seraphim/X off as probable town because they claim to receive a kill if the other dies:
ekiM wrote:They've claimed to have an extra vig that gets enabled when one of them dies. I cannot see how they wouldn't kill the other ASAP if either were scum independently. An extra kill is a huge bonus.
...which I agree is a very strong point in favor of them being town.

To those pushing the entire Lowel/Charter thing, seriously, out of the two of them, Lowel is a far superior lynch. He's been useless the entire game, and only seems to poke his head from underground when his name is mentioned. Even so, this is only comparing the two of them. I've played with Lowell several times in the past and can safely say that his play here isn't very shocking... Doesn't really excuse his unhelpfulness, but he is not at the top of my list, either.
Seraphim wrote:Just because one part of the game isn't symmetrical doesn't mean the rest of the game isn't too...
It doesn't mean that it is, either.

This is how I am ranking people from scummiest to least scummy, based on my skim of the game:

1) Spyrex
2) populartajo
3) Lowell
4) ekiM
5) Korts
6) charter
7) HowardRoark
8) X
9) Seraphim

Vote: Spyrex

We're extremely close to deadline, folks. I've more to post, but I admittedly have not had the chance to go through this game thoroughly. I'll also move my vote if needed to complete a lynch before the deadline.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #864 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:46 pm

Post by SpyreX »

I'm missing in the above anything resembling a case on me.

Which with the moving towards deadline in a rapid fashion really, really bothers me.

And as for Charter/Lowell. I'm fine with either because I think the whole mason business is moot and they have behaved as scum would not as masons.
Show

Proud member of BaM
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #865 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2009 5:13 am

Post by charter »

I don't see how you can think me and Lowell are scumbuddies when there's already five scum dead. I'm sorry, but there is not seven or eight scum in this game. For that many you need ~30 players, and that's without them all having power roles and so far, all of our scum have ridiculously good roles.

Spyrex is grasping to try and set up the charter/Lowell chainlynch. I bet he's the last scum trying to figure out how he's going to win this game.
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #866 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2009 5:36 am

Post by Seraphim »

Unvote
Vote: SpyreX
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #867 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2009 7:02 am

Post by Korts »

Like I said, I can always go for a SpyreX lynch. Deadline lynch needs majority vote, so people should be voting a big wagon and those that are voting for 1-vote wagons are trying to shy away from responsibility by feigning conviction. X and SpyreX, that's you.

vote: SpyreX
scumchat never die
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #868 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2009 7:20 am

Post by SpyreX »

I am flabbergasted at this page now.

1.) Kison throws down for me with no reason.
2.) Seraphim manages to give even less reasoning.
3.) Korts, who had valid reasons earlier albeit wrong, feels the need to throw on his vote under the guise of "I'm not on a wagon" when I've made it clear that I WILL be voting for Lowell and simply haven't yet because a.) I'd rather see charter and b.) I wanted everyone to clam
--- Hint: Who hasn't fully claimed yet?
I don't see how you can think me and Lowell are scumbuddies when there's already five scum dead. I'm sorry, but there is not seven or eight scum in this game. For that many you need ~30 players, and that's without them all having power roles and so far, all of our scum have ridiculously good roles.

Spyrex is grasping to try and set up the charter/Lowell chainlynch. I bet he's the last scum trying to figure out how he's going to win this game.
A group of 3 and a group of 4? Yea, in this setup that doesn't phase me a bit.

I'm not grasping. See, part of me is a-ok if I end up taking the noose today because 1.) it'll show that ohh hay I'm not a scum making this up and 2.) It'll shine a fat old light on this awesome wagon.

So,
unvote, vote Lowell

I'd love to see an explanation for.. well.
Show

Proud member of BaM
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #869 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2009 7:27 am

Post by Korts »

To clarify, SpyreX, my vote definitely isn't "under the guise of" anything. My reasons are still the same, I simply want to shame people into wagoning. This is not the time for pussyfooting.

Also, I am not claiming yet. Perhaps tomorrow, if I live.
scumchat never die
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #870 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2009 10:50 am

Post by SpyreX »

This is going to be quite the apathetic lynch. Yee-haw
Show

Proud member of BaM
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #871 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2009 6:40 pm

Post by SpyreX »

And I come back to absolutely nothing said. Awesome.
Show

Proud member of BaM
TDC
TDC
Mafia Scum
TDC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #872 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2009 11:12 pm

Post by TDC »

End of Day 4 Vote CountSpyreX (4): charter, Kison, Seraphim, Korts
Lowell (3): ekiM, HowardRoark, SpyreX
populartajo (1): Lowell
Kison (1): X

Not Voting (1): populartajo
With 9 votes cast, 5 needed to lynch -> no lynch.

StatusIt is now Night 4.
Deadline: Thursday July 9th, 12:10 CEST
TDC
TDC
Mafia Scum
TDC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #873 (ISO) » Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:43 am

Post by TDC »

Surely SpyreX is going to hang today. Or is he? Well I guess he's not. Because he's already dead.

Death: SpyreX
SpyreX, Vanilla Townie, Town
:
  • Active Abilities:
    • none
  • Passive Abilities:
    • none
  • Groups:
    • none
  • Victory Condition: You win when all anti-town forces are eliminated.

StatusIt is now Day 5.
With 9 alive this day will last 12 days.
Deadline: Tuesday, July 21st 15:00 CEST (GMT+2).
5 to lynch
TDC
TDC
Mafia Scum
TDC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #874 (ISO) » Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:14 am

Post by TDC »

I would so edit the first post to reflect the death of SpyreX and change the title, but stupid forum doesn't want to.

edit: hooray, it finally worked.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”