Mafia 96 - Murder in Emerald City (Game Over!)

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1050 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2009 4:29 am

Post by roflcopter »

mufasa's neighbor claiming would be a mistake at this point
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #1051 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2009 4:31 am

Post by Xylthixlm »

roflcopter wrote:
Xylthixlm wrote:Hello. Who's scum?
hayker. probably mastin, but he claimed roleblocker or something. keep in mind i've barely been reading the thread. regardless, i'm still right.
vote: hakyer

Mindless bandwagon vote until I've formed an opinion of my own.
#mafia@irc.globalgamers.net

"Xyl was completely berserk" -dramonic
"Xyl's ruthless policy lynching won the game." -Vi
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1052 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2009 4:32 am

Post by iamausername »

-=Vote Count #29=-

Hayker (2) - roflcopter, Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm (1) - Lowell

Not Voting (14) - Achilles, ckool5000, curiouskarmadog, Empking's Alt, Faraday, Hayker, Kmd4390, Kublai Khan, Mastin, molestargazer, Namttam, SerialClergyman, VP Baltar, Wickedestjr

9 to lynch.
Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #1053 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2009 4:38 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

SerialClergyman (1037) wrote:KK - no reaction to Zazie's death? The single person who pushed for your death more than any other dies? Perhaps you aren't surprised? Just becuase you specifically were blocked (if you were) doesn't mean if you're scum you couldn't have your buddies kill her.
Eh, I had some doubts towards the end of the day. My gut was saying she's scum, but my mind was saying "woah, too obvious". Guess I shoud listen to my gut.

Oh, and learn the meaning of the word "sarcasm". I have no idea if I was blocked or not. I have no night action to block.
VP Baltar (1039) wrote:I think SC is right that we need to look at the people who agreed with her very readily, particularly those who may have later changed positions when it became unpopular to go after KK's lynch.
Mastin, Empking's Alt, Namttam for the most part. ckool5000 to a lesser degree.

@Empking's Alt: How about answering any and all questions thrown your way during Day 1? I can't believe we let you get away with so much active lurking.
Occasionally intellectually honest

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1054 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2009 4:57 am

Post by Lowell »

unvote, vote hayker
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #1055 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2009 5:21 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

Lowell wrote:
unvote, vote hayker
Uh, what? What are bandwagonning for? To add pressure? Are you really curious as to how Hayker will answer to the air-tight cases of rofl "I'm not really keeping up with this game" copter and Xyl "voting for whatever roflcopter said until I catch up" thixlm?

Lowell isn't scum-hunting. He's just going with the flow.

vote: Lowell
Occasionally intellectually honest

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1056 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2009 5:40 am

Post by Lowell »

hayker or fallen are both fine with me. If the people have spoken one way, who am I to argue? If anyone's lazy here, it's you.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1057 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2009 6:12 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

Welcome Xyl…look forward to your input and thoughts on the enormous read.
roflcopter wrote:oh look, someone who was mindlessly pushing a khan wagon flipped scum. i am in no way surprised. now can we stop all discussion of ever lynching khan, finally?
QTF, I am not sure why this was discussed yesterday….
Faraday wrote:
I don't think Ckool is mafia with Zazie, she said he was town, but didn't seem too concerned about him getting lynched, perhaps wanting to make herself look good if he came up town? Also note it was her "gut" that told her ckool was town, this leaves loads of wiggle room to switch her opinions.
interesting comment. I am not sure how you are making this judgment. There are thousands of possibilities as to why someone might do something. To right someone off just because of what you have stated thus far seems off.
Xylthixlm wrote:Hello. Who's scum?
Got to reread given the night information…..but I am leaning ckool….getting a strong newbiescum vibe off him.
Lowell wrote:hayker or fallen are both fine with me. If the people have spoken one way, who am I to argue? If anyone's lazy here, it's you.
arent you voting with fallen?

Ok rereading…or at least rereading certain people..I don’t think I can bare to reread the whole game…or anything close to that.

Also mod, going to be on vacation 06/11 until 06/19.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1058 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2009 6:20 am

Post by iamausername »

curiouskarmadog wrote:
I'm guessing those 6s are meant to be 7s, unless you're planning really far ahead. :P

Anyway, noted.
Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #1059 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2009 6:48 am

Post by Xylthixlm »

ckool5000 wrote:You suspected me? :shock:
Doing iso-read on ckool... this pops out. ckool is town.

Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #1060 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2009 6:55 am

Post by Xylthixlm »

ckool5000 wrote:For some reason
everybody
looks scummy in my eyes except for Faraday and molestargazer. I've learned my lesson about Faraday, since I kept repeated that I thought he was town in my first game even though he was scum. :oops: molestargazer doesn't look scummy because, well, he just replaced in.
Downgrade to leaning-town.
ckool5000 wrote:Yeah Faraday... But your posts in general seem so town, that it's hard to find you scummy... If that's not redundant..... I guess what it really is is that there's nothing in your posts that can be considered scummy, as far as I can tell.... Hmm.... Does that make you scummy?

Whoa, MafiaMann's at L-1?... To hammer or not to hammer, that is the question.... 3 Days and seven hours left... If nothing is done before that deadline clock hits two and zero, then I'm-a-gonna-hammah!
Downgrade to neutral.

curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1061 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:13 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

iamausername wrote:
curiouskarmadog wrote:
I'm guessing those 6s are meant to be 7s, unless you're planning really far ahead. :P

Anyway, noted.
yeah yeah..July....sorry
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1062 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:17 am

Post by VP Baltar »

reading ckool in iso is quite illuminating.
Vote ckool

A bit busy atm, but I will bring some major points later today hopefully.

Mastin still needs to do some 'splaining, however.
Mufasa
Mufasa
Goon
Mufasa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1063 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:37 am

Post by Mufasa »

*iz ded*
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1064 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:09 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

Kise, Mufasa, and ZazieR. Interesting. What is a neighbour? What do you guys think about the Mufasa kill? I am not so sure what to make of it yet. I am kind of starting to think that KK may be alligned with the people that killed ZazieR because Zaz attacked KK so much. It could also be another faction trying to frame KK.

roflcopter wrote:oh look, someone who was mindlessly pushing a khan wagon flipped scum. i am in no way surprised. now can we stop all discussion of ever lynching khan, finally?

vote: hayker
I don't like this post of rofl.

Still catching up.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. -Wayne Gretzky"
-Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1065 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:15 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

Lowell wrote:hayker or fallen are both fine with me. If the people have spoken one way, who am I to argue? If anyone's lazy here, it's you.
No, you are lazy, you should give reasoning for all your votes, but why do you think KK is lazy?
-Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1066 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:19 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

VP Baltar wrote:reading ckool in iso is quite illuminating.
Vote ckool

A bit busy atm, but I will bring some major points later today hopefully.

Mastin still needs to do some 'splaining, however.
I read ckool iso last night too, and I got a scum read from him. I'll post the results tomorrow though, because I don't have time today.
-Wickedestjr
Hayker
Hayker
Goon
Hayker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1067 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:42 am

Post by Hayker »

Great a bandwagon on me. Hokay, so.

I'm gonna respond to todays posts in order.

Thanks VP for pointing that out, and thank you to Serial for Clarifying. As for my lavk of knowledge of it, I've been here for only a few months now. This is my third game. Well technically fourth. The style here is very different, and I'm still learning the tricks to improve my style for this type of mafia game.
Sure you coudl say I should be in a newbie game, but I like the full expierience. You learn a lot more IMO.
Also I don't consider my thanking buddying because I'm Canadian and thank people for assisting people. (And no I'm not trying to say other people in other countried don't thank people.)

Anyvays I actually didn't notice the neighboor thing originally. This is rather interesting. Is there ever more than 2 neighboors? Also are neighboors alignments usually given out? I would assume yes, but I've learned that assuming things is often dumb.

I'm going to read zazie's posts and try to figure out her relationship with Mastin, KK and ckool specifically.

@Faraday:Noise. Sound that does nothing but annoy. Could you clarify what you mean please?

@Emp: If your refering to the vote, xyl replaced in the game recently. If your refering to the other sentences, I agree. Well not he mastin not being alive part. That more appliues to rofl.

@Rofl: Thanks for the vote. I'd say more, but I'm following what I said.

@rofl/xyl: You seem sure of yourself rofl. Well accept about that Mastin not being town. Lessening your attacks on Mastin? Mindless bandwagon? wtf. Seriously. I can't even respond because townies seem to do this as often as mafia, but why on earth would they do this >.<. It drives me crazy. "Regardless I'm still right" At this point, I don't give a shit about your meta. It can still be wrong. Yes it is kinda an omgus vote, but I did suspect him before it.
vote:Roflcopter

@KK:Adding Emp to my list of reads.
I also think that lowell is a bit suspiscious, but not enough to warrent a vote. Also adding him.

@Lowell: I realize I just broke what I said I'd do, but meh. Thanks for the vote, and thanks for accusing people for being lazy when they clearly aren't.

@curious:No, Lowell is voting for me. I agree withthe thousand reasons to do one action comnment on faraday.

@ VP:Mastin's comments will indeed be appreciated.
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1068 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:41 am

Post by roflcopter »

blah blah blah lynch hayker
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
Mastin
Mastin
She/Her
Unabridged
Mastin
She/Her
Unabridged
Unabridged
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1069 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:55 am

Post by Mastin »

...Zaz...was...mafia?!? Dang it, Zaz, you always do that to me. :P
I blocked Lowell last night, thinking if any of VP/Khan/Lowell were to submit a kill, Khan wouldn't; he's too large a suspect. VP wouldn't; I was going hard after him. Lowell would.

Yea...four night-kills looking a little less likely, but I wouldn't eliminate the possibility.

Anywho...

Mastin Votes: VP

While Zazie's flip makes it less likely for Khan to be scum (Unless Khan were Cerulean, or Zazie pulled an epic buss along the lines of 141 [she put me at L-1.]), there is no such guarantee about Lowell or VP.
I'm back! Well, kind-of.
No Access on Weekends
. :/
Advid reader/contributor to MD, as I'm far better in theory than I am in reality. :P

True to my word, I'm retiring. Totally not me. :P
Hayker
Hayker
Goon
Hayker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1070 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:49 pm

Post by Hayker »

I'm sorry, but i this really how rofl plays? I mean really, this is insanity. His counter arguments are just...mind blowing. He even admits to not paying attention much. So is he even reading the posts fully? I just arrg.

therefore, is it really safe to say the fact that he is playing to his meta of inane psychobabble makes him more likely to be town? the answer is no. roflcopter has built himself a meta prison wherein he must act this way no matter his alignment, therefore him acting this way tells us nothing about it. it is the actual content of what he is saying which is important, not simply the fact that he's saying so much of it as usual.

...Your own argument. Very general isn't it? Note that I'm not quoting it, and it's point is not the one that it makes.
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #1071 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:57 pm

Post by Xylthixlm »

Hayker: Your only hope is to convince roflcopter that someone else is scummier than you are.
roflcopter wrote:speaking of lists of who i'm willing to lynch:
mastin
fallen angel
hayker
mafiamann

lets make it happen
So roflcopter, how are you doing on that list?

Mastin
Mastin
She/Her
Unabridged
Mastin
She/Her
Unabridged
Unabridged
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1072 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:48 pm

Post by Mastin »

An observation. I know, kill speculation, kinda bad/possibly rolefishing, but this is interesting info.
Sotty7, Emerald Townie - Slaughtered Night Zero
elvis_knits, Emerald Jailkeeper - Murdered Night Zero
Konowa, Cerulean Mafia Doctor - Annihilated Night Zero
MafiaMann, Emerald Townie - Lynched Day One
Seryna Kise, Emerald Townie - Slaughtered Night One
nadroj15 ZazieR, Vermillion Mafia Goon - Murdered Night One
Mufasa, Emerald Neighbour - Annihilated Night One

Right, so the flavor matches up perfectly.
Konowa-Mufasa Annihilated. Likely vig/sk due to the choices.
Zazie-Elvis Murdered. Considering Elvis's record (good player from what I've seen), as well as Zazie's constant push for a Khan lynch (good motivation for Cerulean-Khan to nk her)/generally appearing pro-town (she always does. <_<), likely both scum kills. Specifically, the Ceruleans are likely who did this.

That leaves Sotty7-Kise Slaughtered. This one doesn't exactly seem like a mafia kill, either, though. I haven't seen Sotty7, and Kise didn't look like a very pro-town player to me. It looks like a vig/sk as well, actually.

Conclusion:

In my eyes, I am seeing evidence that further supports my theory of four killing factions with one of them being blocked.
While Khan is slightly less likely to be mafia, he is far from cleared (and actually looks kinda bad, considering how many people were shouting "Vig, shoot Khan!" D1), and I think it is a VERY real possibility that he was blocked in his nk attempt N0.

Night one, (under my four-killing factions theory) either I was correct in the fact that Lowell would send in the kill,
Or something else stopped a kill. Given as we already had a jailkeeper flip, as well as a Mafia Doctor, it stands to reason that there are more out there. (Likely, a Mafia Jailkeeper if the last kill was on Khan. As Zaz was a member of the Vermilion Mafia faction, and Khan is less likely to be Vermilion, leaving him as Cerulean who lost their doctor, this would mean that he wasn't protected by a doctor, yet he is who I can see as a very likely target.
This is all null if the last kill wasn't Khan, though.)

Also, I wouldn't eliminate the possibility of three mafia factions. We know there are at least two. But a *lot* of the buddying going on thusfar in the game would make sense with small scum factions (two to three members, making six to nine players mafia total), in my opinion. ('Cept me and Zaz, as, well, I thought she was town and was defending her as such, not to mention, our similar playstyles.)

You can discuss this while I begin to stop procrastinating and comment on the last eleven pages.
I'm back! Well, kind-of.
No Access on Weekends
. :/
Advid reader/contributor to MD, as I'm far better in theory than I am in reality. :P

True to my word, I'm retiring. Totally not me. :P
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1073 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:04 pm

Post by roflcopter »

Xylthixlm wrote:Hayker: Your only hope is to convince roflcopter that someone else is scummier than you are.
roflcopter wrote:speaking of lists of who i'm willing to lynch:
mastin
fallen angel
hayker
mafiamann

lets make it happen
So roflcopter, how are you doing on that list?
we're getting there

unvote, vote: mastin

that last post is the nail in the coffin. you are scum - with zazie, right?
soi soi soi

SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1074 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:07 pm

Post by SerialClergyman »

Mastin wrote:In my eyes, I am seeing evidence that further supports my theory of four killing factions with one of them being blocked.
And only your eyes, Mastin...

3 kills, 3 flavours. You're assuming that if there's a 4th kill faction, they (and only they) have been stopped both times, when the alternative is that there are just 3 kill factions? Looking at the situation above, excepting ofr a lucky doc protect or jailkeeper or similar, the only real way that could happen is if both of your roleblocking manuevers hit home. Maybe have a look at the same evidence through someone else's eyes :P

Mind you, I'm not even sure how this dialog helps that much. I suppose if there were 4 killing factions and you blocked KK and lowell then you possibly found 2 scum, but that doesn't work if there were lucky docs or the like. At the moment, I'm going with Occham.
I'm old now.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”