Newbie 803 - Game Over.

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Santos
Santos
Mafia Scum
Santos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:26 pm

Post by Santos »

Hardyly, Ein, remember I was hounding Head Honcho (Lupo) earlier? How would that be him (scum) sticking his neck out for me (scum) logical?
[url=http://www.apple.com/trailers/independent/thecrazies/]zombie - The Crazies[/url]

[url=http://www.erepublik.com/en/referrer/GreekHoplite]Join me in eRepublik![/url]
Col.Cathart
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:25 am

Post by Col.Cathart »

D'oh. RL issues took much more time than I expected. Currently reading all the discussion, expect another post soon (several hours at worst)
[b]Mini 934[/b] is [b]over![/b] Thanks to everyone participating.

[i]What the hell? That Colonel guy was awesome.[/i] - Fate
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:27 am

Post by Zorblag »

Vote Count 1.16

The numbers by the voters indicate the order in which the vote was cast. If two or more players are tied for the most votes to lynch at the deadline the tiebreaker will be the player who has the earliest active vote.

Porkens: 4: Chiarosicada (23), Hurleys_Van (24), Einlanzers (27), Santos (28)
Santos: 3: Porkens (15), VP Baltar (18), jammer (25)
Chiarosicada: 1: Head_Honcho (29)

Not voting: Col.Cathart

With 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch. Currently Porkens would be lynched at deadline. Deadline is 6:00 PM EDT/3:00 PM PDT on Tuesday, July 7th.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Col.Cathart
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2009 6:51 pm

Post by Col.Cathart »

Allright. Sorry it took so long, but I'm the kind of a slow-reader.

Now, I think, I'll start with my standpoint at Clara's case. As I can see, though she's wasn't getting any actual votes against her, she was one of the main suspects around here. That's because of 'sheeping' and lurking mostly. Well, that second one is pretty much self-explainable, as she probably lost interest/forgot about the site. About the sheeping... Well, I cannot speak for her, because I don't know, what were her motivation, but here's my guess: no experience in forum mafia + mind, which is very vulnerable to suggestions. Look at her reactions. It's usually a 'Hey, you're right!' type of reaction. She saw a good idea, and followed it. Too bad, she didn't do any research on her own, because that put her in the lot of trouble. Of course, I can be wrong, the reason could be different, though since I have the same role as her, and I'm not a scum, I'm willing to bet, that my guess is correct.

Now, everyone else. Bit complicated situation. I'll try to do a quick summary of thoughts about every player:

Jammer - Good player so far. Though, he don't have much experience with forum mafia, he's acting no worse, than every good IC. Lot's of questions, to make the possible scum slip, decent scumhunting. Reasonable arguments. If he's the mobster - well played, sir.

Hurleys Van - Since Cartza did absolutely nothing, I think there is no sense in even remembering that HV had any predecessor in this game. At first, I thought that he's another decent pro-town player, but then we have the whole issue with changing votes from Porkens to Santos and once again to Porkens. Also, almost fanatical supporter of Porken's wagon. In my opinion, we'll have more or less clear answer about his alignment on Day 2, when depending on the lynch result.

Einlanzers - Odd situation. He was at L-1 already, managed to save himself, now he's supporting Porken's wagon, but he's still searching the other players (good thing). In my overall review, I think he's a townie, who made several mistakes at the beginning, because of his inexperience. His argument's are not bullseyes definitely, but he's trying. In my last game here (still in progress, NK1'd :? ) we had a similar situation, when the new player said some suspicious things, and he got lynched. He turned out to be Vanilla Townie, and his 'tells' - newbie mistakes. Of course I can be deadly wrong, and I'm not going to ignore any weird behavior on his part, but so far I don't think he's the scum...

Head Honcho - Replaced Lupo El Loco. Actually, Loco was one of my first suspicions. Almost pure active lurking, If I would be here at the beginning of the game, he would have my vote. Now we have HH. I kept an eye for his posts, mostly because of his predecessor's behavior, and I almost convinced myself, that he's crystal clear. His arguments were quite good. And the now, we have this sudden change of his vote. Sudden stroke of genius, or a plan to kill Porkens instead of Santos? I thought, that HH was pretty much sure about Santos's guilt, especially after the entire case of 'ignored' questions. Now I think, that actually, it could have been an attempt to distance themselves. I'll restrain myself from judging him right now, to the moment, I'll know Santos's alignment.

Chiarosicada - Once again, jonnydelawelsh did almost completely nothing, so I cannot compare jdw's behavior with Chi's. I like his game so far. Like Jammer, he's one of the most solid players here IMO. Good scumhunting, though not a frequent poster, the content of his posts are almost always good and helpful. So far, he's pro-town in my books (although, I noted HH's accusations)

Santos - Ah, the most interesting point. To be bluntly honest - I truly despise his play style. He seems to be blind about his own slips, writes weird not-important one liners, instead of answers. Ignores question addressed to him, for no good reason (unless you'll count 'HH didn't answer my question, to his predecessor, about someone who made 2
(!)
posts...), spams ("I'm going to bed" post etc.), and also flames lately. Spreads INCREDIBLE chaos in the thread, which is absolutely not helping. My main suspect. And to be honest, even if he'll turn out pro-town, I think we will all benefit from it, because the game will get more calm, and less ridiculous.

Porkens - I cannot believe
it's not butter
he's an IC player. Definitely he's not acting like one. Low post frequency, usually no real explanation following his decisions. His posts about lynching Ein were really confusing (Joke? Knowledge, only he has?). Right now, he's in an obvious wagon against Santos. IMO he has high probability of being a scum, and yet, still not as high, as Santos...

VP Baltar - Skilled IC player. Brings lot of good points, though I think his participation in 'Bandwagon Wars' ("Santos's wagon has strippers" etc.) was completely unnecessary. So far I think, he's pro-town.

Now, the vote count. Looks like I'm in a tough situation. Both my main suspects are at the verge of lynch, and I can hammer Porken's or according to Chia's post, be one of the last bricks to hammering down Santos. That means, no matter what I'll do, It'll look like a tell for the opposing side. Then again:

As I said, Santos is my main suspect In my opinion, almost none of his posts (if any, actually), were actually helpful. They were much more spreading chaos, which never led us any step closer to catch a scum. So I say, lets lynch Santos. Not only it will be less chaotic, but also info about his alignment will be very valuable piece of info about several other players (HH, HV, and their possible connections with Santos, to begin with).

And so:
vote - Santos

Head_Honcho
Head_Honcho
Goon
Head_Honcho
Goon
Goon

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:05 pm

Post by Head_Honcho »

yeah, chi thing isn't happening. I guess my deal with Santos was partly that he seemed almost too perfect as a scum candidate, and hitting scum for strong reasons day one is still kind of my white whale. Let's find out.

unvote vote: santos
do or die
Immoral Acts: 0
jammer
jammer
Goon
jammer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:34 pm

Post by jammer »

About Clara, she is more then 2 years a user on the site and started as a SE. I can't see lack of experience as a reason. But there could be different reasons. I follow Bartar advice here, I am not going to question you for her actions, but for your own posts.

And that was a hammer. A good night everyone.
Col.Cathart
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2009 11:54 pm

Post by Col.Cathart »

jammer wrote:About Clara, she is more then 2 years a user on the site and started as a SE. I can't see lack of experience as a reason. But there could be different reasons. I follow Bartar advice here, I am not going to question you for her actions, but for your own posts.
Fair enough. But remember that questioning is one thing, but you cannot forget about previous player. It may happen sometime, that scum slips, cannot withstand pressure, and decides to step out. His replacement may hide his scuminess really well, and it's not good, if town forgets about the previous player, because (S)HE WAS acting scummy for some reason. Just my thoughts about this case ;)

Also, yeah, that was even faster hammer than I expected. Maybe even too fast... Oh well, we'll see the result, it will tell us more, than a hundred of our posts

Col.Cathart
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2009 12:02 am

Post by Col.Cathart »

EBWOP

Also, sorry for the terrible grammar in post 428. I was writing it at 5-6 AM in the morning without any sleep, so I couldn't force myself to check it once again for grammar mistakes ;)

Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2009 2:10 am

Post by Zorblag »

Vote Count 1.17

The numbers by the voters indicate the order in which the vote was cast. If two or more players are tied for the most votes to lynch at the deadline the tiebreaker will be the player who has the earliest active vote.

Santos: 5: Porkens (15), VP Baltar (18), jammer (25), Col.Cathart (30), Head_Honcho (31)
Porkens: 4: Chiarosicada (23), Hurleys_Van (24), Einlanzers (27), Santos (28)

Not voting: none

With 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch.

Santos, townie
is lynched.

It is now night one. Night actions are due by 3:00 PM EDT/12:00 PM PDT on Tuesday, July 7th.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:07 am

Post by Zorblag »

Night One is now over.

VP Baltar, townie
is killed Night One.

Vote Count 2.0

Not voting: Chiarosicada, Col.Cathart, Einlanzers, Head_Honcho, Hurleys_Van, jammer, Porkens

With 7 alive it takes 4 to lynch. Currently no one would be lynched at Deadline. Deadline is 3:00 PM EDT/12:00 PM PDT on Tuesday, July 28th.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Chiarosicada
Chiarosicada
Goon
Chiarosicada
Goon
Goon

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:18 am

Post by Chiarosicada »

After Santos flipped town, I'm thinking rather strongly that the scumpair is Head_Honcho and Porkens (I'm writing this during Night 1).
HH, 392 wrote:This is ridiculous. Santos, you didn't remove your vote because Ein posted, you removed it beforehand because you caught flack. You keep twisting the facts and I want to lynch you so hard. If santos flips town, I think chia is probably scum. I suppose I'm slightly biased, but I find it suspicious that Santos is acting so scummy yet people are reluctant to hammer him. I may have mentioned earlier that I didn't necessarily think scum was on the bandwagon, and that's because I'm slightly worried that Santos is just a really scummy looking townie so people want to be able to go 'drat!' tomorrow and wash their hands of his lynch. I must know his role though.
HH, 395 wrote:Actually, unvote calling it. Chia/Jammer. Read over their games, see their interactions.

vote: chiarosicada I am not as certain about jammer, he is not reciprocating the love as much as chia's giving it.

HH wrote:Deadline's approaching though and I've been getting a really bad feeling about lynching Santos for some reason. I really, really felt like he was scum earlier, and it's hard to get this close to a lynch and then back off, but I'm becoming more and more convinced this is just how he plays, especially as the game goes on and I'm getting more used to how he posts.
HH wrote:yeah, chi thing isn't happening. I guess my deal with Santos was partly that he seemed almost too perfect as a scum candidate, and hitting scum for strong reasons day one is still kind of my white whale. Let's find out.

unvote vote: santos do or die

Does anyone see what HH is trying to do with this sequence of accusing me, unvoting Santos, voting me, then backing off to hammer Santos? This is scum trying to get the most out of a mislynch. There were only two lynches that could have happened yesterday, Santos or Porkens – this is obvious when you consider where everyone's votes were at and the looming deadline. HH said that Santos flipping town means I'm probably scum. At the point where HH said that, it was quite clear that Santos would probably be lynched – he was at L-1, and I had expressed my willingness to hammer Santos at deadline if the Porkens lynch wasn't possible.

HH has admitted that his case against me is mostly gut, except for the fact that I said that I was willing to hammer any of Porkens, Santos, Ein, Cathart(Clara) at deadline (and that willingness was mostly academic, considering the only viable lynches were Porkens/Santos). Why did he suddenly switch his vote from Santos to me right before deadline, knowing that I wasn't going to be the lynch for the day? I'm thinking that HH tried to 1) Preemptively dodge responsibility for being on Santos' wagon, and 2) Lay down the foundation for a case against me Day 2. If HH is scum, his actions here are logical – if successful, he would have both avoided appearing having been convinced Santos was scum as well as direct suspicion towards me after Santos flipped town.

vote: Head_Honcho

I'm also leaning towards Porkens as HH's partner, and not only because I found Porkens scummy yesterday. HH has consistently defended Porkens while directing attention towards me.
HH wrote:Porkens case makes little to no sense. I'd prefer to see santos strung up just because that's the way we're going, but chia's just posting so fishy that that I would almost rather lynch him. <insert>

HH wrote:I feel like "(real post comin' soon!)" was an important part of his apparent near-certainty, and so was how obviously sarcastic it was, since it was right after Santos posted about how nobody should hammer Ein in the same bold face.

@HH,
HH wrote:o I don't know why do you keep ignoring the meat of that point?

Why did you omit my response to your entire paragraph when you quoted me? I didn't ignore “the meat of that point”.
I wrote:Do remember that I stipulated that I would only lynch any of the four at deadline. There's not anyone I'd lynch today other than Porkens or Santos if there was no time limit.

As for jammer, I simply read town from him. How is this any different from our previous game (when we were both town) and I read town from you from the beginning without wavering? Because I think he's town, I do tend to give him the benefit of the doubt more than other players (not that I should ignore him).

As for his vote and unvote on the Ein lynch,
Why is that unreasonable? If he were less convinced of the lynch, doesn't it make sense that he'd be more likely to unvote?

And finally,
HH wrote:This [voting Chiaro] would have happened sooner but you kept ignoring my questions! And I didn't want to be quote his own question guy more than a couple times!

I'm sorry I forgot to respond to your questions. I was caught up with Santos/Porkens, and hadn't really been trying to get a read on you.
Zorblag - For now Troll will go have some rum and see if that inspires any wonderful solutions. Troll no be hopeful but at least Troll will get to have some rum.
Chiarosicada
Chiarosicada
Goon
Chiarosicada
Goon
Goon

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:19 am

Post by Chiarosicada »

oops,
vote: Head_Honcho
Zorblag - For now Troll will go have some rum and see if that inspires any wonderful solutions. Troll no be hopeful but at least Troll will get to have some rum.
Einlanzers
Einlanzers
Goon
Einlanzers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:33 am

Post by Einlanzers »

The Santos wagon looks awfully scummy now:
Porkens (15), VP Baltar (18), jammer (25), Col.Cathart (30), Head_Honcho (31)
And with VP out of the picture that just leaves:
Porkens, jammer, Col. Cathart, and Head_Honcho.

I assume at least one of those is scum (if not 2). And seeing as CC and HH were the last 2 to vote on him make them the most suspicious in my books. The last thing we need right now is another mislynch. I'm glad that I was correct in my assumptions of Santos being town, but saddened that he was mislynched :/.
Head_Honcho
Head_Honcho
Goon
Head_Honcho
Goon
Goon

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:50 am

Post by Head_Honcho »

oh bollocks, most of the Santos push was on my shoulders. I said I think you're probably scum if Santos flips town, and I do. If he had flipped scum, I still probably would have thought you were scum based on your 'I will lynch him if it comes to that' attitude.

I'm not defending porkens, I'm calling the case on porkens terrible and indicative of a double standard on some peoples' parts.

The whole point was that him saying 'hammer ein and be a town hero' has no reflection on his conviction because it was an obvious joke. The meat of the point is that your basic assumption seems very flawed to me and at the most very subjective.

Of course I was trying to lay a foundation for a case against you day 2. This wasn't a subtle thing. I voted you. I did this because I think you're a slimy slimy scum, and I wish I had gone after it earlier, because I knew you were going to do this. It's effectively the same thing I was doing, but we're wearing different shoes. Basically I said if this was a mislynch you are scum trying not to play too big a part in it. You shoot back with if this was a mislynch, I am scum trying not to play too big a part in it. The thing is, I don't think it really works on me, since I was somewhat fundamental in railroading that goof off of a townie. He needed to be hammered though, as VP said, I too would have had misgivings about him the whole game if he had survived the day.

But seriously, you don't think there's any way a townie could have thought he was town this game? Flip through the meta he gave, he played very.. similarly. And my point stood, (though it was misinterpreted!) it wasn't that he was being consistently scummy, it was that he was doing the same things I had called as 'scum slips' over and over again, and I couldn't figure out why scum would keep doing things they had been called on unless they really had nothing to hide. SO I suppose the question is, do you disagree with those points and/or find them insincere?

Answering my questions aren't about you getting a read on me, thanks :^)
Col.Cathart
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:12 am

Post by Col.Cathart »

Einlanzers wrote:And seeing as CC and HH were the last 2 to vote on him make them the most suspicious in my books.
Well, duh. Please remember, that I replaced Clara just before the deadline, so I didn't have chance to vote for anyone earlier. True, my bad, I shouldn't vote at anyone in my first game post, as quickly followed hammer left me in somewhat suspicious situation. Since I truly believed, that there is no way, Santos will save himself from my suspicious via some brilliant argument (I was constantly banging my head at my desk, after majority of his posts), then I thought, that since I'll have to do it anyway, then I could as well do it right away.

Oh, and I still think, we did a good thing. Maybe now, we'll have some serious scumhunting instead of pointless trash-talk, he was invoking.

HH: I still quite don't get your gambit here. Even if you were sure about Chi's scummy alignment, you also knew that there was no way to lynch Chi during day 1. So why so sudden back and forth? If he accused you, you could respond, share your suspicions, but wouldn't it be a better idea to hold off for a while and prepare a case for Day 2? Not only your actions are now backfiring at you, but also, I'm seriously considering it as a try to pull some more false suspicions in my direction (as if I haven't have enough of them in heritage from Clara). I'm not going to vote right now, as I want to see the case crystal clear before doing that.

Head_Honcho
Head_Honcho
Goon
Head_Honcho
Goon
Goon

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:27 am

Post by Head_Honcho »

Col.Cathart wrote:HH: I still quite don't get your gambit here. Even if you were sure about Chi's scummy alignment, you also knew that there was no way to lynch Chi during day 1. So why so sudden back and forth? If he accused you, you could respond, share your suspicions, but wouldn't it be a better idea to hold off for a while and prepare a case for Day 2?
I wasn't going to say anything because of wifom, but since you asked! I felt like I had been posting a lot and whether I was right or wrong saw some chance of being the NK. I was worried people weren't going to see what I saw in Chia and thought I should at least point it out.
Col.Cathart wrote:Not only your actions are now backfiring at you
I don't know if I see a vote from the accused as a backfire necessarily.
Col.Cathart wrote:I'm seriously considering it as a try to pull some more false suspicions in my direction
..What?
Chiarosicada
Chiarosicada
Goon
Chiarosicada
Goon
Goon

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:08 am

Post by Chiarosicada »

HH wrote:oh bollocks, most of the Santos push was on my shoulders. I said I think you're probably scum if Santos flips town, and I do. If he had flipped scum, I still probably would have thought you were scum based on your 'I will lynch him if it comes to that' attitude.
Why did you even say that I'm probably scum if Santos is town if you'd think I were scum either way he flips?
HH wrote:The whole point was that him saying 'hammer ein and be a town hero' has no reflection on his conviction because it was an obvious joke. The meat of the point is that your basic assumption seems very flawed to me and at the most very subjective.
I read Porkens' post again. I can see how it it could be a joke, but I didn't see it that way and I don't think I'm alone in this either. Either way, I won't hold it against Porkens anymore, and I now feel less strongly about him being scum.
HH wrote:Basically I said if this was a mislynch you are scum trying not to play too big a part in it. You shoot back with if this was a mislynch, I am scum trying not to play too big a part in it. The thing is, I don't think it really works on me, since I was somewhat fundamental in railroading that goof off of a townie. He needed to be hammered though, as VP said, I too would have had misgivings about him the whole game if he had survived the day.
So it's less scummy to be on a mislynch if you were integral to the lynch? Pure WIFOM.

I'm arguing that you would have found it easier to retroactively justify being the key to Santos' lynch after throwing a crap case against me right before Santos was lynched. Speaking of which, why aren't you voting me?
HH wrote:...it wasn't that he was being consistently scummy, it was that he was doing the same things I had called as 'scum slips' over and over again, and I couldn't figure out why scum would keep doing things they had been called on unless they really had nothing to hide. SO I suppose the question is, do you disagree with those points and/or find them insincere?
Please explain to me the difference between "scum slips" and acting scummy, because the subtlety is lost on me.
HH wrote:Answering my questions aren't about you getting a read on me, thanks :^)
That wasn't my point. I was busy concentrating on Santos/Porkens and forgot to answer your questions. Condescend much?
Chiarosicada
Chiarosicada
Goon
Chiarosicada
Goon
Goon

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:12 am

Post by Chiarosicada »

HH - 8
Porkens - 6
Col.Cathart - 6
Hurley - 6
Ein - 6
jammer - 4

I have a feeling I'm going to be tunnel visioning on HH if I don't go back and do a reread on everyone else, so I'll do that before my next post.
jammer
jammer
Goon
jammer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:28 am

Post by jammer »

@Ein & Col., I don't see any harm in the last 2 votes. Could you inform me there?
Col. has made clear that he suspected Santos, and vote therefor. He replacing in, at a time Santos was close to being lynched anyway.
The accused of Chi from HH seemed to be partial about what Santos would flip. (if Santos flips town, then)
The game would drag on somewhat with arguments based on assumptions if that continued D1. And there was noone else then Santos being lynched at that point. Any other talking was done, most of the talk was related to Santos "flaming". Not hammering then would just delay the inevitable.

@Ein, who would you vote out of HH and Chi?

@Chi, could the actions of HH make sense as town?

@HH, I rememeber making a meta-reference of Santos myself, after Santos posted a few games of him. Why did you wait ~100 posts to check the games yourself or mentioning the meta?
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:53 am

Post by Porkens »

Einlanzers wrote:The Santos wagon looks awfully scummy now:
Porkens (15), VP Baltar (18), jammer (25), Col.Cathart (30), Head_Honcho (31)
And with VP out of the picture that just leaves:
Porkens, jammer, Col. Cathart, and Head_Honcho.

I assume at least one of those is scum (if not 2). And seeing as CC and HH were the last 2 to vote on him make them the most suspicious in my books. The last thing we need right now is another mislynch. I'm glad that I was correct in my assumptions of Santos being town, but saddened that he was mislynched :/.
CC and HH could have hammered ME, no?
Einlanzers
Einlanzers
Goon
Einlanzers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:13 am

Post by Einlanzers »

@jammer Here's my list of top 3 scummiest:
HH
CC
Porkens
From that list you should be able to see who I think is the worst of those 2 ;)

@Porkens,
Yes which means that:
1) You're scum
OR
2) You're towny and just got lucky
OR
3) You're towny and he felt more confident in selecting Santos as a scapegoat.

Right now I'm feeling #3, but #1 is still a possibility. I'm about 51%/49% as of now :P
Head_Honcho
Head_Honcho
Goon
Head_Honcho
Goon
Goon

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:34 pm

Post by Head_Honcho »

This is a more defensive side of you than I've seen
Chiarosicada wrote:
HH wrote:oh bollocks, most of the Santos push was on my shoulders. I said I think you're probably scum if Santos flips town, and I do. If he had flipped scum, I still probably would have thought you were scum based on your 'I will lynch him if it comes to that' attitude.
Why did you even say that I'm probably scum if Santos is town if you'd think I were scum either way he flips?
Well, that was kind of a one take post and I just wanted to get my thoughts out there. More what I meant was that if the Santos lead comes to nothing, I think this is a good lead. I kind of thought you made less sense as scum if Santos was scum, but in retrospect I don't think it would have necessarily made you town.

What I had mentioned as one of my big points, and something you still haven't really answered, is how exactly you thought the Santos wagon was scum driven. See, that's the difference here. Say I'm wifoming all you want, but I think it's far more suspect to say you think a lynch is scum driven with no explanation, despite being asked for one repeatedly, especially when you say you intend to put your vote on it. You read the posts where I mentioned it, I know you did!
Chiarosicada wrote:
HH wrote:The whole point was that him saying 'hammer ein and be a town hero' has no reflection on his conviction because it was an obvious joke. The meat of the point is that your basic assumption seems very flawed to me and at the most very subjective.
I read Porkens' post again. I can see how it it could be a joke, but I didn't see it that way and I don't think I'm alone in this either. Either way, I won't hold it against Porkens anymore, and I now feel less strongly about him being scum.
really? because I brought this up about a million times yesterday
Chiarosicada wrote:
HH wrote:...it wasn't that he was being consistently scummy, it was that he was doing the same things I had called as 'scum slips' over and over again, and I couldn't figure out why scum would keep doing things they had been called on unless they really had nothing to hide. SO I suppose the question is, do you disagree with those points and/or find them insincere?
Please explain to me the difference between "scum slips" and acting scummy, because the subtlety is lost on me.
Well, one of the reasons I thought Santos was scum was that he had defended himself by saying he saved ein from being lynched by removing his vote, and this whole looming hypocrisy that went with that. I made a big deal about how this was a slip up (the slip being that he 'let slip' he knew ein to be a townie when there was no reason for anyone to act like they knew that for sure unless they did) but even after I had made a big show about it he kept defending himself saying he had saved Ein.
Chiarosicada wrote:I'm arguing that you would have found it easier to retroactively justify being the key to Santos' lynch after throwing a crap case against me right before Santos was lynched. Speaking of which, why aren't you voting me?
Well, I suppose this can't be proven, but I legitimately would have rather lynched you at that point than Santos. People kind of made it clear they weren't interested though, and the replacement put Santos at L-1, so at that point I was pretty sure it wasn't going to happen.

I'm not voting you right now for a couple of reasons. I think the simplest way to explain it would be that I thought my scum read on you was stronger than my scum read on Santos at that point and the deadline approaching made getting those thoughts out there quickly a matter of necessity. That's a necessity that's no longer present and now we've got some time to talk over this before I 'make up my mind' so to say.
Chiarosicada wrote:
HH wrote:Answering my questions aren't about you getting a read on me, thanks :^)
That wasn't my point. I was busy concentrating on Santos/Porkens and forgot to answer your questions. Condescend much?
Sorry if you felt I was being condescending, but it's legitimately frustrating when you're directing questions to a person by name, and you are being really obvious about quoting their text, and then you get called for waiting until deadline to bring something up because you didn't get the necessary responses for your case.

Jammer: The meta reference helped somewhat, but it wasn't all that strong on its own.
Hurleys_Van wrote::roll: ....ohh jee! let's completely switch topics so one of my scum buddies doesn't get hammered.

This better be good

FOS Head_Honcho
Well this is interesting. Jammer mentioned this too, but.. What?
Einlanzers wrote:I'm glad that I was correct in my assumptions of Santos being town, but saddened that he was mislynched :/.
Are you aware that you just pulled that out of your arse?
Hurleys_Van
Hurleys_Van
Townie
Hurleys_Van
Townie
Townie

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:46 pm

Post by Hurleys_Van »

Well then, I attest! why isn't everyone voting Porkens!

I've been called out as being "fanatical" in my hunt for him, but I just want too lynch who has shown the highest degree of scummiest.

@ Col- You brought up the fact that Santos posted in "useless one liners" and was making the game chaotic, so thus even if he was town you would be happy with his lynch. So my question is has Porkens been more beneficial in this game then Santos was? What about my witty one liners?

@HH- You case against Chiaro, you thought was so groundbreaking and extraordinary that you placed a vote on them and wanted everyone else too do the same..yet you plees went relatively unheard, as people were focused on other players. So you thus decided to just lynch Santos as you thought thats what needed done, and then you say that you didn't you want to look any further into it because you were afraid of getting NK'd.

So my question to you is, do you think that going with all the evidence you gathered and voting for who you thought was almost certiantly scum, but then backing out for fear of death is selfish, when you could of taken scum with you if you kept at it?

@Ein-- Do you think it would be boastful of me to say that you've been flying under the radar since your near lynch?
"For the record, my belt HAS dropped a notch. I'm a big guy. It's gonna be a while before you're going to want to give me a piggy back ride."
Einlanzers
Einlanzers
Goon
Einlanzers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:59 pm

Post by Einlanzers »

@HH
Heh. Yes at one point he was in my top 3 scummy list. But he slowly drifted down into my unsure then into my towny list. In any case though I knew that Porkens would be a better choice at that moment. And now it appears that there may be a few other good choices.

@HV
Meh. I'm not sure what you mean. I've been actively posting and trying my best to do some scum hunting. What more do you want from me?

@HH
What do you think of Porkens and Col.Cathart? Do you think that they're scum or towny?

Oh and
Vote Head_Honcho
Head_Honcho
Head_Honcho
Goon
Head_Honcho
Goon
Goon

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:06 pm

Post by Head_Honcho »

Einlanzers wrote:
VP Baltar wrote:Chiar lynch isn't happening today imo.
I agree Chair isn't scummy enough (to me) for a lynch. And with such little time left in the day it will be hard to convince me of such, but it is possible I guess. I think we were on the right track with Porkens/Santos. Now that it's falling apart though it makes HH look quite scummy with a partner of Porkens/Santos.
This was at like the end of the day.

I don't have a very good read on CC yet. Porkens hasn't struck me as especially scummy or townie yet, I really would like to see him posting more.

Now I forget why you think I'm scum, mind refreshing me?

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”